Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon 2014

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:08 am

gadj1976 wrote:Did anyone else read David Kings dribble about 'loans' being put in place so that Adelaide (among others) fans can see their players "play" (albeit for Essendon). Seriously, why would another club want to give Essendon a leg up given the circumstances?

Yeah I did, he must get his ideas from here, Bennymacca to be precise, the world makes sense now ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:00 am

It's such a diabolical disaster this Essendon situation. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't necessarily believe the players knew what they were being administered as it's worded in the document, we are talking about 34 players taking this stuff. In Australian, professional sporting culture you would not find so many people all at once being administered something that they all knew it was banned. I don't think I'm being naive in saying that either...... That's a lot of people.

As I have said previously, either the players knew what they had been taking OR they have been mislead. If they knew then then they will take this ban and the financial losses that come with it on the chin. If they have been mislead then Essendons problems haven't started yet and that's worrying. The list of players, sponsors, clubs and businesses that can line up and withdrawal their cash support or take legal action is frightening, it could go on for 20 years especially if players start developing health issues.

Yes Essendons membership numbers had a small spike, however stuff being a member of Essendon if parts of my money will be going to Port Adelaide, Melbourne ect for players that ain't even on our list, or paying others compensation.

Essendon as a club can't take this all on the chin, by that someone or some group has to take responsibility for this, ultimately the clubs senior management should be taking legal action for who ever signed off on this. It can't just be as simple as resigning and walking away.

Finally ASADA should shut their mouths instead of taking pot shots. They let this drag on for as long as they did, then did **** all and then WADA stepped in because of how pathetic ASADA were.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:12 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It's such a diabolical disaster this Essendon situation. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't necessarily believe the players knew what they were being administered as it's worded in the document, we are talking about 34 players taking this stuff. In Australian, professional sporting culture you would not find so many people all at once being administered something that they all knew it was banned. I don't think I'm being naive in saying that either...... That's a lot of people.

As I have said previously, either the players knew what they had been taking OR they have been mislead. If they knew then then they will take this ban and the financial losses that come with it on the chin. If they have been mislead then Essendons problems haven't started yet and that's worrying. The list of players, sponsors, clubs and businesses that can line up and withdrawal their cash support or take legal action is frightening, it could go on for 20 years especially if players start developing health issues.

Yes Essendons membership numbers had a small spike, however stuff being a member of Essendon if parts of my money will be going to Port Adelaide, Melbourne ect for players that ain't even on our list, or paying others compensation.

Essendon as a club can't take this all on the chin, by that someone or some group has to take responsibility for this, ultimately the clubs senior management should be taking legal action for who ever signed off on this. It can't just be as simple as resigning and walking away.

Finally ASADA should shut their mouths instead of taking pot shots. They let this drag on for as long as they did, then did **** all and then WADA stepped in because of how pathetic ASADA were.

Read from paragraph 155 onwards (sorry I can't copy the text here)

The players 100% knew that something dodgy was going on, and they chose not to raise these issues. Maybe to attempt to be able to deny it?

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_u ... SENDON.pdf
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:16 am

beef wrote:No, but no one should be awarded it. Otherwise im hitting up sportsbet for the $100 i had on Sam Mitchell

I had 20 on Cotchin! I'll be doing the same.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:20 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It's such a diabolical disaster this Essendon situation. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I used to think the same thing. However, reading some of the attached documentation, they knowingly advised that they weren't taking injections/supplements when asked repeatedly. Why lie unless there was something behind it? Essendon players haven't come forward and denied this allegation.

It makes me think they're guilty. So I've changed my mind completely given this last round of evidence coming forward.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:27 am

You raise some good, valid points. You will soon see I guess who is guilty and who isn't with the legal action that will take place. If they knew they were taking drugs then should these blokes at other clubs now be sacked off their new clubs list? Do you think Port Adelaide would have recruited these blokes if they knew all those findings?

Do you consider these individuals as drug cheats now?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:31 am

gadj1976 wrote:
beef wrote:No, but no one should be awarded it. Otherwise im hitting up sportsbet for the $100 i had on Sam Mitchell

Should take Jobe Watson to court for loss of earnings :p
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:34 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:You raise some good, valid points. You will soon see I guess who is guilty and who isn't with the legal action that will take place. If they knew they were taking drugs then should these blokes at other clubs now be sacked off their new clubs list? Do you think Port Adelaide would have recruited these blokes if they knew all those findings?

Do you consider these individuals as drug cheats now?

Some are cheats some aren't.
Slattery for instance never received 1 injection but because he signed the consent form it's assumed he was injected. Because the players were charged as a group several innocent players have now been banned
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:08 am

In the documentation there are two players listed separately to the 32 others. Any idea why jim? Did they just seek independent legal representation?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:14 am

bennymacca wrote:In the documentation there are two players listed separately to the 32 others. Any idea why jim? Did they just seek independent legal representation?

Crameri and Prismall perhaps?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:16 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
bennymacca wrote:In the documentation there are two players listed separately to the 32 others. Any idea why jim? Did they just seek independent legal representation?

Yep, just wondering why they are mentioned separately?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby toot toot » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:17 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:

Connections to the bulldogs. Represented by Slater & Gordon - a club sponsor I believe.
toot toot
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:18 am

toot toot wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

Connections to the bulldogs. Represented by Slater & Gordon - a club sponsor I believe.

Correct. Crameri and Prismall had different representation to the other "32" as they shall be known.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby RustyCage » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:39 am

gadj1976 wrote:

I had money on Watson, be stuffed if I'm giving that back!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:46 am

As with horse/dog racing the all clear on the Brownlow has been given.
If Watson is disqualified punters who won, still keep cash and those that lost by either 2nd spot or missing the place bet by 1 still lose.....

If Watson returns I suggest all those aggrieved punters should boooo
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11850 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:22 am

Reading Hird's explanation and Doc Reid's letter makes things a bit clearer but what gets me is the lack of apparent face to face communication between all the parties, it seems it was done via emails, texts. letters. Why was it so out of control that they couldn't get everyone in the same room to discuss the issues? Appeared to be a massive lack of leadership/ignorance, Im guessing that is what Hird is being punished for, he should have done more.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:26 am

Jim05 wrote:All 12 players at Essendon can leave at seasons end if they choose and will be listed as DFA's. A fair few are from WA so I'd suspect the two Perth clubs would be looking closely at them

Drug Free Agents? :lol:
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:29 pm

THE AFL has revealed tight guidelines for Essendon's hunt for top-up players and set a two-month deadline for the Bombers to replenish their list.

The Dons can recruit up to 10 top-ups on short-term contracts to replace their 12 suspended players and must finish their recruiting by March 15.

Essendon will only be allowed to recruit players who were on an AFL club's list within the past two years or from within the Bombers' own VFL team, unless otherwise approved by AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon.

Other list concessions include:

- Essendon won't retain list access rights to any top-up players who are recruited onto its primary list for the 2016 season beyond October 31.

- Payments made to the temporary players will be included in the Bombers' salary cap, but an allowance will cover any amount Essendon goes over the limit.

- Essendon can't sign more than one player from the same club – except from its VFL squad – unless otherwise approved by the AFL's general counsel.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby beef » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:39 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:THE AFL has revealed tight guidelines for Essendon's hunt for top-up players and set a two-month deadline for the Bombers to replenish their list.

The Dons can recruit up to 10 top-ups on short-term contracts to replace their 12 suspended players and must finish their recruiting by March 15.

Essendon will only be allowed to recruit players who were on an AFL club's list within the past two years or from within the Bombers' own VFL team, unless otherwise approved by AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon.

Other list concessions include:

- Essendon won't retain list access rights to any top-up players who are recruited onto its primary list for the 2016 season beyond October 31.

- Payments made to the temporary players will be included in the Bombers' salary cap, but an allowance will cover any amount Essendon goes over the limit.- Essendon can't sign more than one player from the same club – except from its VFL squad – unless otherwise approved by the AFL's general counsel.

Why even mention that. Salary will be included in cap but doesnt matter if they go over.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby stan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Umm any read Jame Hirds story or part 1 of it anyway. Interested to hear some thoughts on this.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL