What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby jakovasaurus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Yep, well on board the Fallout bandwagon now.

Had never played any of them before my housemate bought the new one.

Seriously considering using sick leave to stay home and play for a few days. It's all I think about not when I'm at work anyway.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:15 am

I let my missus play it, and now she's probably played about 40-50 hours worth and I'm on about 15.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby BZB27 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:07 am

I only played about 2-3 hours but its already all i think about and im gonna on websites to help explain things about building settlements
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby HH3 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:54 am

BZB27 wrote:I only played about 2-3 hours but its already all i think about and im gonna on websites to help explain things about building settlements

I havent really bothered building settlements except when I have to for the mission.

I'm in the Brotherhood of Steel already, so don't really need the Minutemens help.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:45 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:ive started playing Batman Arkham Knight again on the Knightmare difficulty. How easy is the start with all the gadgets. Some bits have taken me a while for instances where you fight a lot of bad guys at one time. Bit harder when you don't have the buttons on the screen and when to counter anymore [emoji38]

Yeah it's pretty hard to get countering right without the pop up sometimes. Makes you use all your gadgets more and the Fear Multi Takedown is a god send in some circumstances.

I purchased the Robin and Catwoman storypacks the other day, I do like the storypacks as they extend the gameplay a little bit more. The Robin one was pretty good, haven't played the Catwoman one yet.

Finished the game on Knightmare mode, it's so much easier having all the gadgets from the start and once i got used to the countering without the help i was all good. Hardest part i found was when the Dark Knight shoots you in the tunnel and then you have to fight off 3 lots of the Militia, took me ages :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:20 am

Got back on Project Cars over the last week. The constantly updating DLC is awesome!

Usually I wouldn't pay much for extras on a game, but this ones different. Usually a pack is between $5 and $10 and you get a couple of cars and sometimes a track or two.

There's also the free monthly DLC which are cars and new liveries.

I've got 14 DLC packs over the duration (some free and some at a cost).

I bought the Japanese car pack on the weekend which has a couple of Lancers, and the Toyota 86 (various versions).

I restarted my career so I could do the GT4 competition with the Toyota 86 GT Rocket Bunny version of the car. Jacked the difficulty and race distances up, and had a great time.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:41 am

Bought madden 16 last night on the psnetwork.

Last madden game I got was he 25th anniversary one, is 16 much better or is it much the same?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:55 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Bought madden 16 last night on the psnetwork.

Last madden game I got was he 25th anniversary one, is 16 much better or is it much the same?

I have 15 and even that is 50 times better than 25. 25 was a massive piece of shit.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:03 am

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Bought madden 16 last night on the psnetwork.

I have 15 and even that is 50 times better than 25. 25 was a massive piece of shit.

Oh... Haha!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:39 am

Mrs HH3 got me Just Cause 3 for part of my Xmas present.

To say its very actiony is an understatement. Pretty much balls to the wall adrenaline-fueled shoot-em-up.

The missions are are bit repetitive (take down enemy bases and take towns back) but it is fun to find new ways to eff shit up.

The map is crazy big too. I thought the first island was the whole map, and thought that was pretty good. Then zoomed out and it was 8 times as big.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Just started my gm mode on nba2k16 lost by 20 points so i guess im following the owners calls to get 2 lottery picks lol
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:20 am

Fallout 4 is so ******* good
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Tried Smite today, seems pretty good!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3863 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Smashed out a bit of Road to the Show on MLB 15 The Show the last few days.

My player (starting pitcher) is in the 2018 season. Second year of full time MLB service, my ERA was 2.15 coming into the third month of the season.

Even though I was killing it, along with Tyler Matzek for the Milwaukee Brewers, I was languishing as the 5th pitcher in the rotation, whereas he was first. Because I'm fifth, I didn't even get to pitch in the World Series last season, which we lost.

So a few months in, and not moving up the rotation even though I was in the top 10 SP All-Star Voting, I requested a trade. Within a couple of days I packed my bags for the "City of Brotherly Love" Philadelphia.

Straight into the Phillies starting rotation at number ONE! Granted, they are at the bottom of the NL East with a .300 record. The whole team struggles to put up any runs, as well as having a pretty shitty starting pitcher rotation, and bullpen. Since I've been there, they've traded in some more promising starting pitchers, but both of them are sitting in the AAA team still.

I had a few good outings against the Giants, Rockies and Padres, before getting spanked for two home runs by Justin Upton on the return trip to San Diego.

Hosting the Diamondbacks, I was pitching a no-hitter until some smartarse batter BUNTS towards 3rd and my catcher was too slow to get him out at 1st. Pissed me right off.

Then Hunter Pence (who I've struck out three times already that game) decides to put one over the left field fence and put up the go ahead run. I got pulled out of the game in the 7th innings, and the closing pitcher gave up 4 runs in the last two innings. Somehow my pitcher got the loss too. Gave me the shits.

My ERA is sitting around the 2.80 mark now.

11-7 Win/Loss record
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:08 pm

HH3 wrote:Smashed out a bit of Road to the Show on MLB 15 The Show the last few days.

My player (starting pitcher) is in the 2018 season. Second year of full time MLB service, my ERA was 2.15 coming into the third month of the season.

Even though I was killing it, along with Tyler Matzek for the Milwaukee Brewers, I was languishing as the 5th pitcher in the rotation, whereas he was first. Because I'm fifth, I didn't even get to pitch in the World Series last season, which we lost.

So a few months in, and not moving up the rotation even though I was in the top 10 SP All-Star Voting, I requested a trade. Within a couple of days I packed my bags for the "City of Brotherly Love" Philadelphia.

Straight into the Phillies starting rotation at number ONE! Granted, they are at the bottom of the NL East with a .300 record. The whole team struggles to put up any runs, as well as having a pretty shitty starting pitcher rotation, and bullpen. Since I've been there, they've traded in some more promising starting pitchers, but both of them are sitting in the AAA team still.

I had a few good outings against the Giants, Rockies and Padres, before getting spanked for two home runs by Justin Upton on the return trip to San Diego.

Hosting the Diamondbacks, I was pitching a no-hitter until some smartarse batter BUNTS towards 3rd and my catcher was too slow to get him out at 1st. Pissed me right off.

Then Hunter Pence (who I've struck out three times already that game) decides to put one over the left field fence and put up the go ahead run. I got pulled out of the game in the 7th innings, and the closing pitcher gave up 4 runs in the last two innings. Somehow my pitcher got the loss too. Gave me the shits.

My ERA is sitting around the 2.80 mark now.

11-7 Win/Loss record

do you have to play 182 games a season like in real life?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:11 am

As a starting pitcher you only play 1 out of every 5. If you're a batter, you will play most of them, but you can sim if you want. As a relief pitcher, you come in at any time during any game, but you usually only pitch between 1-4 innings.

In Franchise mode (GM Mode basically) I sim a fair bit, because thats more about building a team and letting the players attributes decide how the team goes.

In Road to the Show (my player) I don't sim anything my guys involved in.

Last night I jumped back on, and my very first game (@ Cincinnati) I was pitching great, but went off injured in the 4th innings. Turned out to be a fractured arm. Ended my season 6 weeks before playoffs.

Philly went into a tailspin and finished the season dead last.

In the offseason, they offered me a 1yr/$800k contract, which I turned down. They sent me to arbitration. This is where they set an appointment for a hearing. I put up what I think my contract should be, they put up what they think it should be, and a third party decides what it is.

I had 6 weeks before the hearing, so I ended up negotiating a new contract in the meantime. I ended up with a 3yr/$2.76m contract.

Because I was injured for a fair chunk of the season, I was named as a AAA player heading into Spring Training. From the innings I pitched in Spring Training, I was elevated to the MLB roster for the season, but as a relief pitcher. Not in rotation at all.

I was put in late in games for the first 3 weeks, and Philly had turned it around. The offseason saw some big batting recruits.

Two starting pitchers got injured, so I was eventually elevated back up to a starting pitcher when the team was 15-11.

Philly also traded out one of our outfielders for a starting pitcher from the Giants to cover the injuries.

I have about a month, or 5 or 6 starts, to impress and keep my starting job, before the injured players come back.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:18 am

I am more interested in this than any other baseball story ever
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby OnSong » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:23 am

bennymacca wrote:I am more interested in this than any other baseball story ever

I'm hooked!

I wanna know more about Philly Jim! (The Office reference)
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:30 am

Don't know if you're taking the piss or not, but I get into these games, so I'm gonna keep the updates coming.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:38 am

HH3 wrote:Don't know if you're taking the piss or not, but I get into these games, so I'm gonna keep the updates coming.

Not taking the piss at all. Baseball does not interest me in the slightest but your career tale is interesting, for some reason.
Like how you went to arbitration and landed a sweet deal haha. You need an off-field scandal just to spice things up more.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets