No votes
Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:50 am

Minion Master wrote:All the negative talk and rumours not helping their cause either and contributing to more players deciding to leave.

Same situation at Ingle Farm last year, everyone sat back and listened to the rumours and it made it worse, we looked like only having one side for most the pre-season - most we had out was about 16 to a training session.. but as the season got closer people came out of hiding.

Hope Para Hills can work their way out of this.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby scottroo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:55 pm

disappointed to hear that para hills are struggling for numbers, always seemed to have big crowds at home and I think the even had 3 teams last season?

All very quiet from other clubs, feb 1 will be very interesting!
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Everyones up the creek apparently.

We'll all be shit :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby scottroo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:23 pm

we'll?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby X Runna » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:32 pm

scottroo wrote:disappointed to hear that para hills are struggling for numbers, always seemed to have big crowds at home and I think the even had 3 teams last season?

Sadly this has been the norm at Para Hills over a decade or two, the club has had nice success at the Div 5 and 4 levels, but after a year or so at Div 3, the slide started mainly due to 3 or 4 key players moving on. Unfortunately for the club it appears to have started a year earlier this time.

Don't get me wrong. they have always been and are a fantastic club, a club I was more than happy to help in small ways for many years from 1990, BUT, as much as they are a vital club in the Div 4/5 mix, they are not set up to cope with a Div 3/2 scenario. Nothing to do with the people, ever since the Beers came on board in the 70s or 80s there has been a fantastic support crew at The Paddocks (all except for 2 years where the Chairman clandestinely wanted to merge with another local northern club). However, going up those levels now would prove more than just financially beyond clubs the size of Para Hills.

What it does show is that Para Hills is one of many clubs who will go through the travels of being a division 3 or 4 or 5 competitor whilst still being honest and respectable about how they go about it, yet the dreams of going/staying/succeeding up higher are just that. As much as they may struggle this year, one can bet his balls they will be back. They will lose groups of players from time to time, but as the cycle goes they will recruit players 'en masse' and have their two or three good years again, not far down the track.

The lads who have gone to or back to Ingle Farm, I am very proud of.......they have all done it for the right reasons. The Farm has a very special group of people who welcome & engross anyone who will bleed for the Bulldog, sadly, that feeling for the Big Red Roo diminished about 15 years ago. IFFC is also way better set up for juniors, family and the transition from junior to senior football than Para Hills.

I love Para Hills FC, and feel they just need to hang tight for a year or two as they have done several times in the past, things will fall back into place.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:18 am

X Runna wrote:
scottroo wrote:disappointed to hear that para hills are struggling for numbers, always seemed to have big crowds at home and I think the even had 3 teams last season?

Sadly this has been the norm at Para Hills over a decade or two, the club has had nice success at the Div 5 and 4 levels, but after a year or so at Div 3, the slide started mainly due to 3 or 4 key players moving on. Unfortunately for the club it appears to have started a year earlier this time.

Don't get me wrong. they have always been and are a fantastic club, a club I was more than happy to help in small ways for many years from 1990, BUT, as much as they are a vital club in the Div 4/5 mix, they are not set up to cope with a Div 3/2 scenario. Nothing to do with the people, ever since the Beers came on board in the 70s or 80s there has been a fantastic support crew at The Paddocks (all except for 2 years where the Chairman clandestinely wanted to merge with another local northern club). However, going up those levels now would prove more than just financially beyond clubs the size of Para Hills.

What it does show is that Para Hills is one of many clubs who will go through the travels of being a division 3 or 4 or 5 competitor whilst still being honest and respectable about how they go about it, yet the dreams of going/staying/succeeding up higher are just that. As much as they may struggle this year, one can bet his balls they will be back. They will lose groups of players from time to time, but as the cycle goes they will recruit players 'en masse' and have their two or three good years again, not far down the track.

The lads who have gone to or back to Ingle Farm, I am very proud of.......they have all done it for the right reasons. The Farm has a very special group of people who welcome & engross anyone who will bleed for the Bulldog, sadly, that feeling for the Big Red Roo diminished about 15 years ago. IFFC is also way better set up for juniors, family and the transition from junior to senior football than Para Hills.

I love Para Hills FC, and feel they just need to hang tight for a year or two as they have done several times in the past, things will fall back into place.

It's a shame they can't get more support out of the Para Hills Community Club.

I have been a member but there is little to no link between the two despite them being connected by a car park.

Para Hills were a very strong Div 3 club who played finals not that long ago and are currently coming off a Div 5 premiership. Ingle Farm finished outside the 5 in Division 6 last year. Whilst your post seems sincere be careful not to get ahead of yourself. It is still only January, it might be a bit early to be writing clubs off just yet. Especially when they currently sit two divisions higher than you.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 848 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:24 am

Today they do....

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:36 am

Footy Chick wrote:Today they do....

I did say "currently"

I understand they may end up in Wristys Div 11 for clubs who play in divisions outside where they have been promoted or relegated to be in.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 848 times

Postby holdy2323 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:02 am

wristwatcher wrote:
X Runna wrote:

It's a shame they can't get more support out of the Para Hills Community Club.

I have been a member but there is little to no link between the two despite them being connected by a car park.

Para Hills were a very strong Div 3 club who played finals not that long ago and are currently coming off a Div 5 premiership. Ingle Farm finished outside the 5 in Division 6 last year. Whilst your post seems sincere be careful not to get ahead of yourself. It is still only January, it might be a bit early to be writing clubs off just yet. Especially when they currently sit two divisions higher than you.

The Para Hills Community Club do sponsor the club. 
From what i hear players are leaving because they are unhappy with the coaching appointments. They picked a guy who hasn't coached, played or been involved in A grade footy for a long time and other players are feed up with the b grade coach. 
From what i got told the guy who's coaching A grade was mean't to be the B grade coach before Bamford left. So instead of being patient and advertise they were lazy and appointed they B grade guy instead. So when it comes down to it the people running the club have been lazy and showing no ambition and thats why players are leaving and retired.
holdy2323
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:04 pm

zedman wrote:after minor round:

Westminster
Edwardstown
North Haven
Salisbury
CLG

Eastern Park
Pooraka
Kenilworth
Hope Valley
Para Hills

very, very strong division..i have used last years placings and information i have heard in regards to players recruited, retained or lost..still could have it all upside down..

8th??
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby zedman » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:22 pm

Bluedemon wrote:

Westminster
Edwardstown
North Haven
Salisbury
CLG

Eastern Park
Pooraka
Kenilworth
Hope Valley
Para Hills

very, very strong division..i have used last years placings and information i have heard in regards to players recruited, retained or lost..still could have it all upside down..

8th??

yes..its a tough division..show me your top 10 and your argument for a higher placing..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby BZB27 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Id have Kenilworth and Hope Valley ahead of Pooraka
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:58 am

zedman wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

Westminster
Edwardstown
North Haven
Salisbury
CLG

Eastern Park
Pooraka
Kenilworth
Hope Valley
Para Hills

8th??

yes..its a tough division..show me your top 10 and your argument for a higher placing..

Ep will play finals some good players returning!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Jetters » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:27 pm

X Runna wrote:

As the official moderator of stupidity on this forum (not a typo), this post has come to my attention as a big red flag.

How can you say, and emphasize, a club is and always has been a fantastic club, when, by your own words, the club doesn't have many players and yo yos through lower divisions? And, that their faults have 'nothing to do with the people' because they have some sort of imaginary financial ceiling that prevents them being competitive in higher grades, which other clubs do not? Surely, it is up to "the people" to ensure their financial success.
Also, again by your own words, this always has been, always will be fantastic club, with fantastic people, whose faults and short comings are not their fault, is not set up for juniors, families and do not 'bleed' like the club across the road??

Any danger of calling a spade a spade?
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:31 pm

zedman wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

Westminster
Edwardstown
North Haven
Salisbury
CLG

Eastern Park
Pooraka
Kenilworth
Hope Valley
Para Hills

8th??

How could you know this?? No one has played even a trial game
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:33 pm

We already know that Salisbury will lose their first trial game and subsequently be doomed to relegation.

Footy Chick

Postby zedman » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Jetters wrote:
zedman wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:

Westminster
Edwardstown
North Haven
Salisbury
CLG

Eastern Park
Pooraka
Kenilworth
Hope Valley
Para Hills

8th??

How could you know this?? No one has played even a trial game

"know"?..its a prediction??

in fact i even explained how i came to it..

"i have used last years placings and information i have heard in regards to players recruited, retained or lost"

the addition of towns and the anchored approach by salisbury, with already well positioned teams will ensure the strength of the division..imo..wont be up to your precious division 1 standard, sorry..because its divsion 4..it can still be "strong" relative to its surroundings..
zedman
Coach

Postby Jetters » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Going to make a wild prediction,that each div will be basically as strong as it was every other year. So many 'its going to be a really strong div this year' or 'i havent seen X division this even before', all a pile.of wank.
Jetters
Reserves

Postby zedman » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:35 pm

It's called a prediction and t's a common thing found on discussion forums, hence my contribution. We will see at the end of the year if my thoughts were ill informed. Thanks for joining in the discussion.

As for piles of wank. I am sure you are an expert in that particular field..
zedman
Coach

Postby easy TIGA » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:16 pm

Jetters wrote:
X Runna wrote:

As the official moderator of stupidity on this forum (not a typo), this post has come to my attention as a big red flag.

How can you say, and emphasize, a club is and always has been a fantastic club, when, by your own words, the club doesn't have many players and yo yos through lower divisions? And, that their faults have 'nothing to do with the people' because they have some sort of imaginary financial ceiling that prevents them being competitive in higher grades, which other clubs do not? Surely, it is up to "the people" to ensure their financial success.
Also, again by your own words, this always has been, always will be fantastic club, with fantastic people, whose faults and short comings are not their fault, is not set up for juniors, families and do not 'bleed' like the club across the road??

Any danger of calling a spade a spade?

Although very good people, they are stuck in their ways and are very protective when it comes to their club. Although trying to do the best thing in thier eyes for the club they have kept them back and lost a lot of good players and people because of it. In my opinions this is why they yoyo because they can't handle change.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League