I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Psyber » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:12 pm

JK wrote:Anyone bought anything for their missus off one of the sponsored ads on this site?

I've never noticed any sponsored ads on this site, apart from the mention of the Tapatalk app and Murrin Media...
Is Adblock for Firefox even better than I thought?
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:56 am

Can anyone else believe it's 30 years (!) since the space shuttle Challenger blew up just after take off?

30 years. :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby MW » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:15 am

Booney wrote:Can anyone else believe it's 30 years (!) since the space shuttle Challenger blew up just after take off?

I was 10 years old, on a greyhound bus with my family going across the Nullarbor with 40 deg heat and no air con, with people allowed to smoke on board back then when the news broke on the radio. The whole bus went silent punctuated by my brother and sister spewing into a bag from travel sickness.

Good times :)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2599 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:25 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Can anyone else believe it's 30 years (!) since the space shuttle Challenger blew up just after take off?

I was 10 years old, on a greyhound bus with my family going across the Nullarbor with 40 deg heat and no air con, with people allowed to smoke on board back then when the news broke on the radio. The whole bus went silent punctuated by my brother and sister spewing into a bag from travel sickness.

Ha....not so hard when someone says "Where were you when....?"

I too, was 10 at the time and we were set to watch the replay of the launch at school as part of the solar system project we were doing. Fair to say the kids didn't get into the AV room that day.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby MW » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:28 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

Yep...I will never forget the smell of cigarette smoke and oranges as that was the snack of choice of the people behind us. We had to stop at the Ceduna hospital so my brother and sister could get injections to try and stop the spewing!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2599 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:51 am

Psyber wrote:
JK wrote:Anyone bought anything for their missus off one of the sponsored ads on this site?

I've never noticed any sponsored ads on this site, apart from the mention of the Tapatalk app and Murrin Media...

The ads are slowing this site down (the speed)

They're bloody annoying, yet at the same time i understand they pay the bills.

Just don't understand why we need so many though.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:01 am

I remember my mum telling me and a school mate who was over at my house that it had happened. I was 12 at the time, and I reckon its was close to midday-ish. It seemed improbable at the time that something like the space shuttle could ever go wrong. I got up early to watch its maiden flight in about 1980-1981, and it was proclaimed as the duck's nuts for space exploration and travel (technical NASA lingo), the next model up from the rockets of the 60s and 70s.

I also remember my dad a few weeks or months later regaling us with a number of off-colour jokes recently acquired from work about the Challenger disaster.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Alaska » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:02 am

Psyber wrote:

I am like you Psyber I do not see any adds and that is on Explorer :?
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:42 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Psyber wrote:

The ads are slowing this site down (the speed)

They're bloody annoying, yet at the same time i understand they pay the bills.

Just don't understand why we need so many though.

what are you on about FC

There are two small ads on the right of the home page, and a small banner top and bottom when you go to a post. hardly too many, unless you have some sort of virus on your PC.

JK wrote:Dunno if thats the one, but there's adverts from some pretty skimpy (read: easily accessible) underwears

The funny thing is, the ads are generated by google and are usually based on your browsing history, so thanks for telling us what you have been searching for :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:46 am

There are ads?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:48 am

Booney wrote:

I too, was 10 at the time and we were set to watch the replay of the launch at school as part of the solar system project we were doing. Fair to say the kids didn't get into the AV room that day.

I remember our teacher marching us in to the activity room with a few other classes to watch the take off, he felt pretty crap afterwards when we were asking what was going on.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:51 am

bennymacca wrote:The funny thing is, the ads are generated by google and are usually based on your browsing history, so thanks for telling us what you have been searching for :D

So you're saying not everyone sees ads for "Madam Spank's Secret Naughty Boys Discipline Club"?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:56 am

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:Dunno if thats the one, but there's adverts from some pretty skimpy (read: easily accessible) underwears

The funny thing is, the ads are generated by google and are usually based on your browsing history, so thanks for telling us what you have been searching for :D

The ads are much tamer than my browsing history
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 am

I was at Magic Mountain (!) with some mates. We noticed a flag outside had been lowered to half mast and began making smartarse teenaged comments amongst each other: "oh look, some bugger has carked it".

Then I got home and turned the telly on ...

Magellan wrote:I also remember my dad a few weeks or months later regaling us with a number of off-colour jokes recently acquired from work about the Challenger disaster.

What were the last words heard on the transmission from the cockpit of the space shuttle?

"If she wants to drive, then let her have a turn"
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:42 am

Pseudo wrote:
Magellan wrote:I also remember my dad a few weeks or months later regaling us with a number of off-colour jokes recently acquired from work about the Challenger disaster.

What were the last words heard on the transmission from the cockpit of the space shuttle?

"If she wants to drive, then let her have a turn"

That's better than the ones I heard. Things like "Q: What colour were Krista McAullife eyes? A: Blue. One blew that way, the other blew that way", or "Q: What classes does Krista McAullife teach? A: Well, she started out on science but now she's history." :roll:
Magellan
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:39 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

I was speechless.....mind you I was only about 3 months old at the time....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:44 am

Remembering reading the "Sunday Terror" on my way to play footy at Gardens Oval in Darwin with all the details on the disaster.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1808 times

Postby mal » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:50 am

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

:lol:

Heater 3 !
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:07 pm

mal wrote:
heater31 wrote:

:lol:

Heater 3 !

Heater0.25
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Magellan wrote:
That's better than the ones I heard. Things like "Q: What colour were Krista McAullife eyes? A: Blue. One blew that way, the other blew that way", or "Q: What classes does Krista McAullife teach? A: Well, she started out on science but now she's history." :roll:

What does NASA stand for?

Need another seven astronauts

Where do astronauts spend their summer vacation?

All over Florida.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion