Aus V India T20 series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus V India T20 series

Postby mal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:43 am

Hardik Pandya and Jasparit Bumrah
Both had impressive T20 debuts

Pandya 2/37[3] did well after being bashed early
Bumrah 3/23 [3.3] very impressive
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:03 am

mal wrote:Hardik Pandya and Jasparit Bumrah

They'd make an nice partnership hey mal?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
How many he needed to bowl for the Aussies to win!

I must say it was good for him to be able to regroup after a disastrous start.

Yeah I felt for him, nobody wants to start their international career like that.

I thought the bloke with the weird action bowled well too.

India the team to beat in the world T20 on their home decks
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

They'd make an nice partnership hey mal?

Pandya bowled the 16th over
Bumrah bowled the 17th over
Both combined well , with some intelligent bowling
Excellent bowling by the newcomers
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:07 am

How funny was the sledge Kholi gave Faulkner after he danced him and smacked him to deep mid off.

Didn't middle it so only got two (I think) but just funny to see the continuation of their verbal and cricketing battles.

BTW I think Kholi is streets in front this summer!!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Feenix » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:48 am

Pandya bowled puss and fluked a couple of wickets, he was just lucky when Australian were on the ropes. I wouldn't say he bowled well at all
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:44 pm

am Bays wrote:How funny was the sledge Kholi gave Faulkner after he danced him and smacked him to deep mid off.

Didn't middle it so only got two (I think) but just funny to see the continuation of their verbal and cricketing battles.

BTW I think Kholi is streets in front this summer!!!

Titus O'Reily @TitusOReily

Saying Kohli has a 'rivalry' with Faulkner is like saying lions have a rivalry with antelopes. #AUSvIND
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Grahaml » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:03 am

Still can't believe anyone is calling for Finch to be dropped. He's the first bloke picked at the moment! Averages 40, strikes at 150. Both numbers put Warner to shame and only Maxwell betters that strike rate. Coming off being top scorer and only out because of a dodgy LBW.

Kohli's send offs getting to be a joke. Is there no punishment anymore? I wanted bans immediately years ago and the more I see it the more I say any send off = next game off. Especially when a guy is trying to add to the entertainment of the thing (which is ALL the entire thing is). Kohli soon to join the Anderson/Watson club of giving every batsmen a send off like they've been personally insulted.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:30 am

Grahaml wrote:Still can't believe anyone is calling for Finch to be dropped. He's the first bloke picked at the moment! Averages 40, strikes at 150. Both numbers put Warner to shame and only Maxwell betters that strike rate. Coming off being top scorer and only out because of a dodgy LBW.

Kohli's send offs getting to be a joke. Is there no punishment anymore? I wanted bans immediately years ago and the more I see it the more I say any send off = next game off. Especially when a guy is trying to add to the entertainment of the thing (which is ALL the entire thing is). Kohli soon to join the Anderson/Watson club of giving every batsmen a send off like they've been personally insulted.

Aussies are the last ones that can complain about send off's, Kohli is passionate and cops enough shit from Aussie players and spectators so all good as far as I'm concerned.
One of my friends met him on Monday and reckons he's one of the nicest genuine men she's met, she had a decent chat with him at the Adelaide Oval nets.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:44 am

[quote="Lightning McQueen"][quote="Grahaml"][b]Kohli's send offs getting to be a joke. Is there no punishment anymore?Aussies are the last ones that can complain about send off's, Kohli is passionate and cops enough shit from Aussie players and spectators so all good as far as I'm concerned.[quote]
Was only saying something similar last night.. precious bunch the aussies and their supporters - more than happy to dish it out but once someone from an opposition side has a crack back everyone cries.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:21 am

Also find it funny how we love Warner even though he is a massive toolbox but Tennis players can just act s bit childish and they are pilloried for it
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 am

bennymacca wrote:Also find it funny how we love Warner even though he is a massive toolbox but Tennis players can just act s bit childish and they are pilloried for it

Nick Ryan, in the Saturday 'Tiser sums it up here : :lol:

IF Elvis decides to stage a comeback this week, with Jimi Hendrix, John Bonham and Nero forming his backing band, I hope and pray they don’t televise the event on Channel 7. I’d hate to miss it.

I’m halfway through a fortnight where I avoid Channel 7 the way Tony Abbott avoids the realisation that he’ll never be Prime Minister again.

Tony’s problem is delusion. Mine is bloody tennis.

Tennis is the game invented for men who believe balls should be sliced and women who want them changed at regular intervals.

Having spent some time around tennis tournaments as a kid, I discovered early on that not every dickhead plays tennis but every tennis player’s a dickhead.

Give me 22 yards of rolled turf, some movement off the seam and a flashing cover drive any day.

Channel 7 has put plenty of time and cash into covering the Australian Open and I’m sure they do a good enough job of it to please an audience whose expectations are so low they actually want to watch tennis in the first place.

They’ll get plenty of eyeballs over the course of the tournament but they won’t get mine.

Considering I’m a man whose default position is lounging on the couch watching sport on TV, that says a lot about my loathing for tennis.

Not even the comedic value in a comeback by the great American serve and volleyer Hank Pfister could draw me in.

The list of things I would rather do than watch tennis would take a lifetime to complete but only eight letters to write. Anything.

I would rather watch my parents recreate highlights from their honeymoon than have to endure a single set of tennis.

Ask me to shave down a polar bear before handing him the razor to return the favour and I’d do it in a flash if it meant I’d never have to endure another match on centre court.

I will happily have a latte with every single MAMIL here for the Tour Down Under and smile through conversations about cleats, hill climbs and scrotal chaffing rather than watch a single backhand from some bloke wearing his cap around the wrong way.

Strap me to a chair made of squid jags and make me watch a bunch of other people’s kids perform in a nine-hour ballet concert and I’d still consider myself more fortunate than the man who had a stroke while channel-surfing and got stuck watching the mixed doubles semi-finals.

I’d rather sit with Lleyton Hewitt at a Crows game than watch his final match.

I’d work as Donald Trump’s hairdresser and moonlight as Clive Palmer’s proctologist before I’d sit through another three-setter.

I’m aware that millions would disagree with me but the majority isn’t always right. Justin Bieber sells a lot more records than Jason Isbell, so being popular doesn’t mean something’s any good.

So while the rest of you watch your rallies and your volleys I’ll be searching for something, anything, more entertaining to keep myself amused.

Does anyone know if The Bolt Report is available on DVD?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Still can't believe anyone is calling for Finch to be dropped. He's the first bloke picked at the moment! Averages 40, strikes at 150. Both numbers put Warner to shame and only Maxwell betters that strike rate. Coming off being top scorer and only out because of a dodgy LBW.

Aussies are the last ones that can complain about send off's, Kohli is passionate and cops enough shit from Aussie players and spectators so all good as far as I'm concerned.
One of my friends met him on Monday and reckons he's one of the nicest genuine men she's met, she had a decent chat with him at the Adelaide Oval nets.

I put him the the same category as Kevin Pietersen...a **** on the field but a completely different kettle of fish off it. I look forward to his biography releases in years to come.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Also find it funny how we love Warner even though he is a massive toolbox but Tennis players can just act s bit childish and they are pilloried for it

Nick Ryan, in the Saturday 'Tiser sums it up here : :lol:

IF Elvis decides to stage a comeback this week, with Jimi Hendrix, John Bonham and Nero forming his backing band, I hope and pray they don’t televise the event on Channel 7. I’d hate to miss it.

I’m halfway through a fortnight where I avoid Channel 7 the way Tony Abbott avoids the realisation that he’ll never be Prime Minister again.

Tony’s problem is delusion. Mine is bloody tennis.

Tennis is the game invented for men who believe balls should be sliced and women who want them changed at regular intervals.

Having spent some time around tennis tournaments as a kid, I discovered early on that not every dickhead plays tennis but every tennis player’s a dickhead.

Give me 22 yards of rolled turf, some movement off the seam and a flashing cover drive any day.

Channel 7 has put plenty of time and cash into covering the Australian Open and I’m sure they do a good enough job of it to please an audience whose expectations are so low they actually want to watch tennis in the first place.

They’ll get plenty of eyeballs over the course of the tournament but they won’t get mine.

Considering I’m a man whose default position is lounging on the couch watching sport on TV, that says a lot about my loathing for tennis.

Not even the comedic value in a comeback by the great American serve and volleyer Hank Pfister could draw me in.

The list of things I would rather do than watch tennis would take a lifetime to complete but only eight letters to write. Anything.

I would rather watch my parents recreate highlights from their honeymoon than have to endure a single set of tennis.

Ask me to shave down a polar bear before handing him the razor to return the favour and I’d do it in a flash if it meant I’d never have to endure another match on centre court.

I will happily have a latte with every single MAMIL here for the Tour Down Under and smile through conversations about cleats, hill climbs and scrotal chaffing rather than watch a single backhand from some bloke wearing his cap around the wrong way.

Strap me to a chair made of squid jags and make me watch a bunch of other people’s kids perform in a nine-hour ballet concert and I’d still consider myself more fortunate than the man who had a stroke while channel-surfing and got stuck watching the mixed doubles semi-finals.

I’d rather sit with Lleyton Hewitt at a Crows game than watch his final match.

I’d work as Donald Trump’s hairdresser and moonlight as Clive Palmer’s proctologist before I’d sit through another three-setter.

I’m aware that millions would disagree with me but the majority isn’t always right. Justin Bieber sells a lot more records than Jason Isbell, so being popular doesn’t mean something’s any good.

So while the rest of you watch your rallies and your volleys I’ll be searching for something, anything, more entertaining to keep myself amused.

Does anyone know if The Bolt Report is available on DVD?

does it surprise anyone that I play a lot of tennis? :D

I think it is just the individual nature of the sport. Not too many other sportspeople get the amount of screen time a tennis player does. So when they do dickish things, things that our cricketers and footballers do all the time (sam mitchell anyone?) it is just massively amplified because they are the only ones on the court
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:

No. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:54 am

bennymacca wrote: So when they do dickish things, things that our cricketers and footballers do all the time (sam mitchell anyone?) it is just massively amplified because they are the only ones on the court

Dickish things? Like win a hard ball? Taunt some bombers? Raise a knee?

Please Benny. Tennis players are some of the best folks and some of the biggest flogs in sport.

I played tennis for years, but cannot stand watching it. Like netball, its a game to play, not watch IMO.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:25 am

come on, even hawks supporters should be able to acknowledge that mitchell is a tool :D

I do agree that tennis is more fun to play than watch. It is much better to watch live though. You lose a bit of perspective as to how hard they hit the ball (similar to how you lose how fast cricketers bowl the ball)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Wade's been pissed off (to NZ) and Bancroft comes in to replace him.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:00 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

No. ;)

Didn't realise you played tennis somewhere else as well. Lots ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:07 pm

What the hell is this moneyball rating
bennymacca
Coach