SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Postby Grahaml » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:14 am

Jim05 wrote:
Grahaml wrote:It's probably got less to do with picking the SANFL as not being able to take the risk to go to Melbourne on the hope that he might get on the list.

$80k just to sign on and then $3500 per AFL game played is not a bad little earner.

How much if he doesn't then get picked? The comment was that he could train with a chance of getting a spot, not that a spot was offered. How much did he stand to lose if he goes there for a month and they go with another bloke?
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:25 am

Grahaml wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Grahaml wrote:It's probably got less to do with picking the SANFL as not being able to take the risk to go to Melbourne on the hope that he might get on the list.

$80k just to sign on and then $3500 per AFL game played is not a bad little earner.

How much if he doesn't then get picked? The comment was that he could train with a chance of getting a spot, not that a spot was offered. How much did he stand to lose if he goes there for a month and they go with another bloke?

$3500 per AFL game or $1500 per VFL game. The 10 top ups are guaranteed a spot on the list and obviously would be picked on form or fitness. Would think at worst the top ups would play VFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:38 am

Grahaml wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Can put the argument to rest, Luke wasn't offered any spot/training offer. Had no contact from the Bombers
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby holden78 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:16 am

JohnnyG wrote:
holden78 wrote:Why have the PAP smears got a Reserves side for if not to top up their first team??????

Or take a tall from Academy as isn't that what it's meant to produce?

Just proves they want everything, for nothing, because the SANFL is weak enough to listen!

Earth to Davies...... Reality, remember ??

Further to the above, someone said that the PAPs Reserves side has stolen an indigenous player from North Adelaide?
Can anyone enlighten us?

Usual act of Arrogance? SANFL really needs to get some hard plums if they allow this sort of thing to occur assuming North wanted him! ??

Two Cancers need to be on the shortest, tightest leash the SANFL can conjuror up.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:31 am

JohnnyG wrote:
holden78 wrote:Why have the PAP smears got a Reserves side for if not to top up their first team??????

Just proves they want everything, for nothing, because the SANFL is weak enough to listen!

Further to the above, someone said that the PAPs Reserves side has stolen an indigenous player from North Adelaide?
Can anyone enlighten us?

Not the greatest choice of words I wouldn't have thought..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Mickyj » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:14 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
JohnnyG wrote:

Can anyone enlighten us?

Not the greatest choice of words I wouldn't have thought..

I guess if they have taken a player from whatever club when they reach that age they'll go back .
Think I read somewhere some that got to that age where happy to go back to a real SANFL club and not the Eagles.
I still think watching a reserves team v an academy team is a waste of time . But it's more interesting than nothing before the league v the Crows mind you bigger crowd for all the junior teams than the seconds at oval ave .

I miss footy so dam much
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby wedgetail » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:41 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Grahaml wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Can put the argument to rest, Luke wasn't offered any spot/training offer. Had no contact from the Bombers

Fair enough but not what I heard from another source close to the club. Whatever the case, still glad he is with us and here's hoping he has a big season.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby wedgetail » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Great news for Eagles fans- Nick O'Brien will not be a 'top-up' player for Essendon in 2016. Is back out training with the Eagles and raring to go.
In other news, Luke Thompson refused an offer from EFC to go and train to try and get a top-up spot and Redden highly unlikely to go to PAP if they are allowed to choose a ruckman replacement.

Excellent news. Not really surprised that Thompson decided to pass over the offer. He probably has moved onto the next stage of his life and is concentrating on his career outside footy rather than uprooting his life for one year with the slimmest of chance of getting back onto the list. Realistically having not played in the AFL for two years and not having an AFL pre-season behind him would mean he would unlikely to star so probably would not be redrafted at the end of 2016.

O'brien's refusal is more puzzling. I thought the whole reason he is coming here was to have a great season and to get re-drafted back to AFL i.e. he is keen to get back into the AFL system. If he was offered the opportunity to go back with Essendon then it is surprising he turned it down. I can only imagine he thinks that if he was to return that he would still only be a depth player and continue to play VFL footy for most part of the season and that given the choice, regular appearances in the SANFL would be more beneficial for getting noticed.

Whatever the case, its great news for the Eagles. Can't wait for the season to start.

I believe he went back of his own accord to offer support to his past team mates over the supplements issue not so much as to a view to being picked up again.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:44 am

Not player movements as such but their was plenty of moving going on yesterday as Glenelg, North and Centrals all had a scheduled 3 km time trial at North Adelaide yesterday morning.

Few amateur clubs out as well, bit busy yesterday at the old Uni running loop!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby holden78 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:11 pm

Those 3 clubs may well fit right in along with the ammo's by season's end....... realistically ;) :twisted:
holden78
League - Best 21

Postby Spargo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:06 pm

holden78 wrote:Those 3 clubs may well fit right in along with the ammo's by season's end....... realistically ;) :twisted:

Bet they don't choose the soft option & merge...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Magellan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:37 pm

holden78 wrote:Those 3 clubs may well fit right in along with the ammo's by season's end....... realistically ;) :twisted:

"Realistically"? On what grounds is their amateur status 'realistic'?

Hope you kept the docket from Cheap as Chips for both of your Woodville and West Torrens brand crystal balls.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby holden78 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Spargo wrote:

We only got back what was ours b4 we got raped in 64 ,Have a Gay time
holden78
League - Best 21

Postby Magellan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:46 pm

holden78 wrote:We only got back what was ours b4 we got raped in 64 ,Have a Gay time

Sounds like that post was written in 1964.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:59 pm

Spargo wrote:

I understand what Holden wrote was absolutely crap .

Just ever since the merge losing fans keep saying your only string cause it's two teams .
I understand why you returned his fire but honestly even to me with an friggin brain injury it's getting really old that one

I don't condone what Holden said as I'm sure eagles fans don't
But two teams
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:17 pm

True Mickyj, the merger line is probably a bit old, and I understand it probably sh!ts off most Eagles fans who have moved on. Nonetheless, people who live in glass houses shouldn't go around throwing stones.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:31 pm

Magellan wrote:True Mickyj, the merger line is probably a bit old, and I understand it probably sh!ts off most Eagles fans who have moved on. Nonetheless, people who live in glass houses shouldn't go around throwing stones.

A bit like Glenelg singing their club song on Glenelg oval 2011
Next time they played the commentary team were calling them witches hat ,

I'll accept that Magellan I've moved on from upsetting other teams fans above statement included
Way to early to start saying whose better .
Certainly don't want any fights at footy grounds this year
Or if you hit me right side I may drop dead on the spot
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:35 pm

Mickyj wrote:I'll accept that Magellan I've moved on from upsetting other teams fans above statement included

Sensible approach, Mickyj.

Mickyj wrote:Or if you hit me right side I may drop dead on the spot

No chance of me getting in a punch-up. I won my last fight by 50 metres.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:33 pm

Magellan wrote:
Mickyj wrote:I'll accept that Magellan I've moved on from upsetting other teams fans above statement included

Sensible approach, Mickyj.

Mickyj wrote:Or if you hit me right side I may drop dead on the spot

No chance of me getting in a punch-up. I won my last fight by 50 metres.

I don't recall me in a fight I do have memory issues at present
No idea what happened to me only what the doctors said .
My employer sent me to hospital in an ambulance now they think I have a head cold lol

Your safe with me lol
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Doing OK to re-call some things though ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL