HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:56 pm

2old2slow wrote:tell me it's not true, apparently gary hughes is back on board at tigerland!

If so is that the end of TV in the Central?
Also anyone have any sensible guesses as to how much money he has spent on TV?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:37 am

I find that very hard to believe as he has been trying for years to return but blocked by a few old stalwarts with long memories. There would be a shootout at dawn in the Loby Main Street with all guns ablaze and some large targets to hit. But we all know money can buy forgiveness. Was told by the devil himself 4 years ago that he had sponsored the club 70G that year
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby always there » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:I find that very hard to believe as he has been trying for years to return but blocked by a few old stalwarts with long memories. There would be a shootout at dawn in the Loby Main Street with all guns ablaze and some large targets to hit. But we all know money can buy forgiveness. Was told by the devil himself 4 years ago that he had sponsored the club 70G that year

I think you will find that GEHughes Constructions have sponsored Loby for a number of years, but we are talking sponsorship not paying to run the club. And I reckon that's as far as it will ever go. I would expect that the company sponsors other clubs and some netball teams in the same way.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby The Sorce » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:24 pm

No further news from those rumors Echunga going back down, looks like they are staying around for one more year at least. So far it looks like they have lost pretty well their Ruck, Full forward and Key defender... interested to see who they have targeted in recruiting...

Will be interesting to see when the clearance page gets updated ..... normally happens around this time of year to see what player movements there have been during the off season.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=CLEAR
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby BZB27 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:15 pm

Not till feb 1 when clubs can put clearances in
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Heard Brian Parker and Mal Williams were their arrogant selves at the AGM on Monday night. Propping themselves in their usual positions at the front pretending to run the meeting from the front row. Typically demanding what they want to best suit their own clubs. Do they understand that most people in the HFL don't actually like them. I guess ignorance goes hand in hand with arrogance.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby sideview » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Afterthesiren from what I've been told by Brian Parker spoke well and was more concerned about the whole league re juniors so unless our president is way off - your post is way off the mark.
sideview
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby TheBull » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:06 pm

sideview wrote:Afterthesiren from what I've been told by Brian Parker spoke well and was more concerned about the whole league re juniors so unless our president is way off - your post is way off the mark.

Got the same feedback. ATS must be bitter about something.
TheBull
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby rock » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:37 pm

sideview wrote:Afterthesiren from what I've been told by Brian Parker spoke well and was more concerned about the whole league re juniors so unless our president is way off - your post is way off the mark.

Brian Parker concerned about the whole league now that's funny. He's only concern is the one and only Uraidla.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Cloak » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:22 pm

One thing 'The Cloak' is concerned about is scheduling his holidays so they don't overlap with the footy season ... Any word yet on when the season starts / ends ?
The Cloak
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby Grumpy Old B » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:42 pm

The Cloak wrote:One thing 'The Cloak' is concerned about is scheduling his holidays so they don't overlap with the footy season ... Any word yet on when the season starts / ends ?

Welcome on board Cloak, you will find the seasons draw on the Hills website
Div 2 start on the 2/4 & Div 1 on the 9/4
Div 1 GF on 17/9

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=COMPS
Grumpy Old B

Postby The Cloak » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:
The Cloak wrote:One thing 'The Cloak' is concerned about is scheduling his holidays so they don't overlap with the footy season ... Any word yet on when the season starts / ends ?

Welcome on board Cloak, you will find the seasons draw on the Hills website
Div 2 start on the 2/4 & Div 1 on the 9/4
Div 1 GF on 17/9

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=COMPS

Thanks Grumpy Old B. Have had a look and also came across the clearances page. There are that many new Onkas players they will might need to wear name tags for round 1 !
The Cloak
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Interesting... I'd say some of those clearances would be juniors coming in. Points only allow so many A graders coming into a side unless they are 0 point players returning. Both Blackwood and Ironbank have as many if not more clearances than Onkas. Not much movement from the other Div 1 clubs. If they've maintained their current lists I guess there won't be drastic changes. I thought Mt Lofty might be active but it doesn't seem so. Should be another tight competition in 2016.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 am

There's at least 3 returning players that i can see. Kangarilla have 15 clearances coming in, we have 9. Considering our injury stats from the last 2 years we still need 5 or 6 more ins. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Buddys wife » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:44 am

You might have to pull the old long sleeve out cracka
Buddys wife

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Grumpy Old B » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 am

cracka wrote:There's at least 3 returning players that i can see. Kangarilla have 15 clearances coming in, we have 9. Considering our injury stats from the last 2 years we still need 5 or 6 more ins. :D

I think you will find that a few of Kangy's clearances were from some of the better Hahndorf senior colts ( 6 in fact) dropping down for a one of game before the finals. this gave Hahndorf the opportunity to play some of the kids that had been rotating and would be missing the finals series a game in Div 1
Grumpy Old B

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Buddys wife wrote:You might have to pull the old long sleeve out cracka

I don't think they stretch that far before they rip. :D
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:
cracka wrote:There's at least 3 returning players that i can see. Kangarilla have 15 clearances coming in, we have 9. Considering our injury stats from the last 2 years we still need 5 or 6 more ins. :D

I think you will find that a few of Kangy's clearances were from some of the better Hahndorf senior colts ( 6 in fact) dropping down for a one of game before the finals. this gave Hahndorf the opportunity to play some of the kids that had been rotating and would be missing the finals series a game in Div 1

That makes sense of the high number from Hahndorf to Kangarilla.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Afterthesiren » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:45 pm

I see Blackwood have signed Ryan Anderson and Ryan Dijksman from West Adelaide. Both handy reserves players out there, should strengthen their midfield.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:I see Blackwood have signed Ryan Anderson and Ryan Dijksman from West Adelaide. Both handy reserves players out there, should strengthen their midfield.

Gee....what a surprise. Every year Blackwood recruit a couple of West Adelaide cast-offs, and then they're gone the year after.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy