Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby carey » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:54 am

Dutchy wrote:
carey wrote:Surely Dutchy has something negative to say about Wines signing???

Whats he doing in 2019? :D

Will be announced as Ports new Captain after winning the 2018 Brownlow medal.......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby stan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:39 am

I stillbelieve this is bad news all round. I mean what will the media speculate about now?

What insights will Andrew Jarman give us on "good authority" or from a reliable source?

I just think with this young man signing on, a few media careers may have just taken a hit.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:44 am

JK wrote:Booney just picked up cheap Wines and a 3 day growth

Actually celebrated with a few home made Stella's. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:07 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Some more great news. 2 quality footballers and quality men, are now locked away to become one club players.

I have it on good authority that one of our 2 remaining "gifts" will be Chad (no great surprise there- he was never going anywhere), but (dependent on the order) Ollie will not be #3 or #4.

If Ollie isnt signed in this spate of signatures I dont think you are going to get it at all. Reckon he slips into a brown and gold guernsey fairly nicely and we have more salary cap space than Port

Wines will sign for 2 years. At the end of that he'll be restricted, 23 and a premium midfielder of the competition. His next deal will be as big as any around the competition. I hope both are with Port, I believe they will be.

December. ;)

Excellent news for Port. Some will see it as a negative ( go on, explain how? ) not me though. He and his management have been very clever here, new TV rights deal to hit the AFL's account, new EBA for the players, 23, one of the premier midfielders of the competition, ripe to be named our next captain, will be up over 100 games, ready to stitch up a massive deal by that time.

Port's Boak, Ebert, Lobbe, Ryder, Carlile, Trengove will all be over 28 and into their last deals, or at least on 1-2 year deals, Wines will be in for a huge pay day.

For now, he's with Port for at least 3 more years and by then this will be his home.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:34 am

So in 3 more years this will be his home?
Or he could go down the Dangerfield path
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:38 am

daysofourlives wrote:So in 3 more years this will be his home?

Boak, Trengove, Wines all stayed.

Tippett, Dangerfield, Gunston did not.

See a pattern?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:58 am

PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch has completed his mission of making the Power a “sustainable business”. Now he has to clear significant debt at Alberton.

“It is unacceptably high — it is as simple as that,” says Koch of the red ink on Port Adelaide’s financials.

The Power this month reported its first profit — $211,302 — in eight years, but lost in the analysis of Port Adelaide’s finances, particularly among the members at the club’s annual meeting, was the club’s long-standing debt.

While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m.

In essence, the Power — which has increased its net assets to $4m to remain a viable business — has eased the immediate need to pay bills at Alberton.

“In previous years we’ve sought advances from the AFL to keep our heads above water,” Koch said. “Now we are on schedule with all our AFL payments.”

Port Adelaide ranks high among AFL club’s carrying debt beyond the league $5 million debt ceiling, a trigger than forces league to intervene in the club’s administration.

But the club’s growth to record membership (topping the Crows for the first time since 1991 in the SA market), record crowds at Adelaide Oval and record corporate support that has tripled to $18m in the past three years has taken Port Adelaide off the AFL’s high-concern list.

The debt, however, remains a concern at Alberton.

“We are working to bring that (debt) down,” Koch said. “You can only do that when you are back in the black. The first step is becoming cash-flow positive.

“We have a plan — get back in the black and then start chipping away at our debt.

“Now we are on track. We’ve made a profit. In the next few years we can make a serious dent on our debt.”

Koch inherited, by AFL decree, the Port Adelaide Football Club presidency in October 2012 after the Brett Duncanson administration became worn down by its fight to restructure the Power licence away from SANFL control and the failing stadium deal at Football Park.

Koch acknowledges former Port Adelaide chief executive Mark Haysman’s courageous campaign to take the Power — and AFL football — from West Lakes to the new Adelaide Oval has saved his club.

“A good stadium deal underpins the financial sustainability of a football club,” Koch said. “And Adelaide Oval is a sensational winner for us. It is a resounding success. It has underpinned our financial performances.”

Port Adelaide banked a $4.5m uplift in revenue at the Oval last season when compared to Football Park figures. This will increase to $6.5m this year.

Also significant in Port Adelaide’s financial statements is the club’s decision to report profit after depreciation — and not before as other AFL do. The pre-depreciation profit figure at Alberton is near $1 million, highlighting the positive turnaround in the business.

The Adelaide Football Club will declare its financial position — with a profit from a challenging Season 2015 — at its annual meeting on February 24.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:13 am

Excellent.

We've got a money man in charge and his initial plan was to get us back to operating at a profit with a sound business plan in place. Check.

Now it's time to start tackling the debt that the club currently has. No point trying to reduce debt if you aren't making a profit.

Again, good things happening.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:21 am

Booney wrote:

See a pattern?

The Crows players are smarter and jumped ship to increase their chances of success ;)
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby valleys07 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:26 am

Dutchy wrote:PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch has completed his mission of making the Power a “sustainable business”. Now he has to clear significant debt at Alberton.

“It is unacceptably high — it is as simple as that,” says Koch of the red ink on Port Adelaide’s financials.

The Power this month reported its first profit — $211,302 — in eight years, but lost in the analysis of Port Adelaide’s finances, particularly among the members at the club’s annual meeting, was the club’s long-standing debt.

While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m.

In essence, the Power — which has increased its net assets to $4m to remain a viable business — has eased the immediate need to pay bills at Alberton.

“In previous years we’ve sought advances from the AFL to keep our heads above water,” Koch said. “Now we are on schedule with all our AFL payments.”

Port Adelaide ranks high among AFL club’s carrying debt beyond the league $5 million debt ceiling, a trigger than forces league to intervene in the club’s administration.

But the club’s growth to record membership (topping the Crows for the first time since 1991 in the SA market), record crowds at Adelaide Oval and record corporate support that has tripled to $18m in the past three years has taken Port Adelaide off the AFL’s high-concern list.

The debt, however, remains a concern at Alberton.

“We are working to bring that (debt) down,” Koch said. “You can only do that when you are back in the black. The first step is becoming cash-flow positive.

“We have a plan — get back in the black and then start chipping away at our debt.

“Now we are on track. We’ve made a profit. In the next few years we can make a serious dent on our debt.”

Koch inherited, by AFL decree, the Port Adelaide Football Club presidency in October 2012 after the Brett Duncanson administration became worn down by its fight to restructure the Power licence away from SANFL control and the failing stadium deal at Football Park.

Koch acknowledges former Port Adelaide chief executive Mark Haysman’s courageous campaign to take the Power — and AFL football — from West Lakes to the new Adelaide Oval has saved his club.

“A good stadium deal underpins the financial sustainability of a football club,” Koch said. “And Adelaide Oval is a sensational winner for us. It is a resounding success. It has underpinned our financial performances.”

Port Adelaide banked a $4.5m uplift in revenue at the Oval last season when compared to Football Park figures. This will increase to $6.5m this year.

Also significant in Port Adelaide’s financial statements is the club’s decision to report profit after depreciation — and not before as other AFL do. The pre-depreciation profit figure at Alberton is near $1 million, highlighting the positive turnaround in the business.

The Adelaide Football Club will declare its financial position — with a profit from a challenging Season 2015 — at its annual meeting on February 24.

Thanks for sharing, Dutchy. Makes things pretty clear.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby hawks21 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:38 am

Booney wrote:

See a pattern?

They all got over inflated salaries to keep them from going home? :lol:
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:07 am

hawks21 wrote:
Booney wrote:

See a pattern?

Unlikely with what we're paying Dixon and Ryder.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:49 am

“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Booney wrote:
hawks21 wrote:
Booney wrote:

See a pattern?

Unlikely with what we're paying Dixon and Ryder.

Not paying much to Ryder this year! ;)
Boaks contract would have been front ended as well, signed when you weren't paying 100% of the cap!

In all seriousness, a good signing for Port. Wines most likely your next captain. Dont think anyone really thought he would go anywhere, a bit like Sloane.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Great preview Valleys.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:17 pm

No doubt Port's best 22 can really challenge this year, but we all know how hard it is to get your best 22 out on the park, to me the season's success will be determined by the need to rely on depth players, which IMO is not as deep as other top 6 contenders.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:18 pm

bennymacca wrote:Great preview Valleys.

Cheers Benny. When can we expect your Crows preview?

valleys07
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:04 pm

valleys07 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Great preview Valleys.

Cheers Benny. When can we expect your Crows preview?

when my boss has an afternoon where she isnt working in the same lab as me :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby UK Fan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:24 pm

"While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m"

So just by using figures in the article.

PAFC Debt a year ago
SHORT TERM: $2.75 mill
LONG TERM: $2 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2015 : $4.75 mill

PAFC Debt now
SHORT TERM: $350K
LONG TERM: $6.675 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2016 : $7 mill
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:37 pm

UK Fan wrote:"While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m"

So just by using figures in the article.

PAFC Debt a year ago
SHORT TERM: $2.75 mill
LONG TERM: $2 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2015 : $4.75 mill

PAFC Debt now
SHORT TERM: $350K
LONG TERM: $6.675 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2016 : $7 mill

:roll: always the optimist
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL