Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby DOC » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:45 pm

bennymacca wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Great preview Valleys.

Cheers Benny. When can we expect your Crows preview?

when my boss has an afternoon where she isnt working in the same lab as me :D

If you work in a lab, should'nt your avatar read meth..........
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby carey » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:No doubt Port's best 22 can really challenge this year, but we all know how hard it is to get your best 22 out on the park, to me the season's success will be determined by the need to rely on depth players, which IMO is not as deep as other top 6 contenders.

That's more like it.

So effectively your stating The Roos depth is bigger/better than Ports?

I'm more than happy to argue that point.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:27 pm

UK Fan wrote:"While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m"

So just by using figures in the article.

PAFC Debt a year ago
SHORT TERM: $2.75 mill
LONG TERM: $2 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2015 : $4.75 mill

PAFC Debt now
SHORT TERM: $350K
LONG TERM: $6.675 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2016 : $7 mill

Wow. Your serious. :roll:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:42 am

carey wrote:
UK Fan wrote:"While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m"

PAFC Debt a year ago

PAFC Debt now

Seriously obsessed. I can't imagine how much time he spends thinking about Port Adelaide, it's a common occurrence for people with an inferiority complex. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby stan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:57 am

Booney wrote:
carey wrote:

PAFC Debt a year ago

PAFC Debt now

Seriously obsessed. I can't imagine how much time he spends thinking about Port Adelaide, it's a common occurrence for people with an inferiority complex. :lol:

Seem to agree with you Boon. Lots of time spending thinking about the Power. Not sure what the obsession is but if your not a supporter im not sure its healthy.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:34 am

carey wrote:
Dutchy wrote:No doubt Port's best 22 can really challenge this year, but we all know how hard it is to get your best 22 out on the park, to me the season's success will be determined by the need to rely on depth players, which IMO is not as deep as other top 6 contenders.

That's more like it.

So effectively your stating The Roos depth is bigger/better than Ports?

I'm more than happy to argue that point.

You are the one who keeps bringing up the Roos, but based on the last 2 years of top 4 finishes I would say yes.

One thing Port and the Roos do have in common is they along with the Hawks are the 3 clubs that do not leak players they want to keep and have locked away their young talent.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:31 am

I must admit UKs figures from the paper confused me when I saw them too as I read it the same way and it seemed to contradict everything else that has been said/written. Have Port gone backwards 2.75 mill debtwise? And if so how do they claim they made a profit? Serious questions, no troll/stir intended. I work in IT, not accounts. Mind you my last sensible question got no response so I'm not holding my breath.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Granty83 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Here is our Best 22 for 2016... What you guys and girls think: http://fantasyfootballnuts.net/afl-port ... -for-2016/
Granty83
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Granty83 wrote:Here is our Best 22 for 2016... What you guys and girls think: http://fantasyfootballnuts.net/afl-port ... -for-2016/

B: Jack Hombsch, Alipate Carlile, Jarman Impey
HB: Matthew Broadbent, Jackson Trengove, Hamish Hartlett
C: Jared Polec, Brad Ebert, Jasper Pittard
HF: Justin Westhoff, Charlie Dixon, Robbie Gray
F: Sam Gray, Jay Schulz, Chad Wingard
Foll: Matthew Lobbe, Travis Boak, Ollie Wines
I/C: Jimmy Toumpas, Matt White, Tom Jonas, Brendon Ah Chee

Pittard on the wing? Toumpas in your best 22? Im not convinced Dixon and Schulz will play in the same forward line
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Granty83 wrote:Here is our Best 22 for 2016... What you guys and girls think: http://fantasyfootballnuts.net/afl-port ... -for-2016/

B: Jack Hombsch, Alipate Carlile, Jarman Impey
HB: Matthew Broadbent, Jackson Trengove, Hamish Hartlett
C: Jared Polec, Brad Ebert, Jasper Pittard
HF: Justin Westhoff, Charlie Dixon, Robbie Gray
F: Sam Gray, Jay Schulz, Chad Wingard
Foll: Matthew Lobbe, Travis Boak, Ollie Wines
I/C: Jimmy Toumpas, Matt White, Tom Jonas, Brendon Ah Chee

Pittard on the wing? Toumpas in your best 22? Im not convinced Dixon and Schulz will play in the same forward line

And Harlett at half back? Swap him with Pittard. I don't think Toumpas is in the best 22.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10296 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby GWW » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:13 pm

Jonas starts in defence as does Pittard.

Hartlett to play in midfield.

Ah Chee is probably now a first 18 starter, from all reports played well in internal trial game tonight, which included a speccy.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby GWW » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:23 pm

GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:10 am

stan wrote:
Booney wrote:
carey wrote:

PAFC Debt a year ago

PAFC Debt now

Seem to agree with you Boon. Lots of time spending thinking about the Power. Not sure what the obsession is but if your not a supporter im not sure its healthy.

Pfft Takes 10 seconds boys. Especially with port Adelaide they have a history of overstating their position. sorry to point out the reality of the situation :-)

Btw Did I say it was a bad thing ?? who knows port may have had a one off capital expense this season (doubtful but possible).

Quite the reaction to someone who simply stated Ports debt position. Which will help Valleys keep up with the conversation .

I wonder why Port fans seem so touchy on someone clarifying ports debt position :-)

Like taking candy from.....
Last edited by UK Fan on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:29 am

Wedgie wrote:I must admit UKs figures from the paper confused me when I saw them too as I read it the same way and it seemed to contradict everything else that has been said/written. Have Port gone backwards 2.75 mill debtwise? And if so how do they claim they made a profit? Serious questions, no troll/stir intended. I work in IT, not accounts. Mind you my last sensible question got no response so I'm not holding my breath.

You are obsessed apparently !!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby stan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:01 am

UK Fan wrote:
stan wrote:
Booney wrote:
carey wrote:[quote="UK Fan"]"While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m"

PAFC Debt a year ago

PAFC Debt now

Pfft Takes 10 seconds boys. Especially with port Adelaide they have a history of overstating their position. sorry to point out the reality of the situation :-)

Btw Did I say it was a bad thing ?? who knows port may have had a one off capital expense this season (doubtful but possible).

Quite the reaction to someone who simply stated Ports debt position. Which will help Valleys keep up with the conversation .

I wonder why Port fans seem so touchy on someone clarifying ports debt position :-)

Like taking candy from.....[/quote]
Maybe so.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby valleys07 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:12 pm

INTERNAL TRIAL SCOREBOARD
Port Adelaide Black 6.2 9.7 10.16 14.17 (101)
Port Adelaide Teal 1.4 2.7 4.10 4.16 (40)

PORTADELAIDEFC.COM.AU’S BEST
Black: Wingard, Hartlett, Ebert, Boak, Howard, Amon, Pittard
Teal: Polec, R. Gray, Broadbent, White, Carlile

GOALS
Black: Wingard 3, Howard, Butcher, Cooper 2, Amon, Clurey, Ebert, Boak, Ah Chee
Teal: Johnson 2, R. Gray, Lobbe

CROWD
Approximately 5,100 at Alberton Oval

INFLUENTIAL Port Adelaide midfielder Jared Polec has shone in his return to competitive football, accumulating plenty of possessions in the Power's internal trial almost 10 months since he was sidelined with a stress fracture in his foot.

Polec fractured the navicular bone in his left foot early last year and failed to return to the field after round five.

Slimline Wines has an eye for Danger

He's since revealed the injury threatened to end his career, but the 23-year-old has recovered and was clearly his side's best on Friday night in front of around 4000 fans at Alberton Oval.

Polec ran hard and smoothly, covering the wings and then pushing back deep into defence to take kick-ins. His left foot didn't appear an issue at all.

Power coach Ken Hinkley was clearly pleased with the wingman's output but said the club would tread carefully with his training loads in the approach to round one.

"We were happy with the way he's been progressing but for him to go out and play three quarters of footy for us tonight (was great) and no doubt we missed him last year," Hinkley said.

"He got the ball a lot but he made some mistakes … he changes the ball for us a lot and we need that in our team.

"He just needs to get back amongst it a bit more. We've been putting him into quite a bit of training now for some time but there's no footy like contests.

"We've got to be very careful with the way we handle him now."

Polec is set to play two of Port's three NAB Challenge games and will likely rest before round one.

Chad Wingard (three goals) and Robbie Gray (one goal) were both impressive, as was Hamish Hartlett – but youngsters Dougal Howard (two goals) and Aidyn Johnson (two goals) both stood out as well.

Fresh from signing a new contract, Howard attacked the contest, pulled in some strong marks and slotted a great goal tight up against the boundary from 45m.

The 199cm 19-year-old was one of the most impressive players on the ground according to Hinkley, and almost certainly earned himself a place in the Power's opening NAB Challenge clash against the Sydney Swans on February 20.

Johnson sprung to life in the third term with two classy finishes in front of goal, but also showed the pace and tackling tenacity for which he was drafted last November with pick No.45.
Late in the game Johnson threw himself into a contest – a show of courage that delighted the entire coaching panel.

The game itself was one-sided, with the team in black far too good for the 'teals'.

However, while the black side included skipper Travis Boak, Hartlett and Wingard, neither team represented an indication of possible round one selections.

Polec played in a teal jumper, as did Ollie Wines, Matthew Lobbe and Gray.

Wines' shoulder looked strong as be broke through several contested situations with typical force and he finished the game without issue.

Pretty surprised that Brendan Ah Chee was not mentioned- I thought he was very close to best on for the black team last night. Looks to have grown in size and increased his aerobic capacity- was a beast around stoppages. Good to see us experiment with him up forward too, where he kicked a goal and provided a good lead up option.

Of course all the rage on social media surrounds Dougal Howard. He played a great game last night, but I also recall John Butcher kicking 5 in an internal, and Joey Wagner lighting it up last year, so i'll be keeping a lid on it until he lights it up with the Maggies. Lets hope for his sake that he does!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:38 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Of course all the rage on social media surrounds Dougal Howard. He played a great game last night, but I also recall John Butcher kicking 5 in an internal, and Joey Wagner lighting it up last year, so i'll be keeping a lid on it until he lights it up with the Maggies. Lets hope for his sake that he does!

There has been many a dud perform well in internal trials. Until you get the pressure of a real game, real crowd, and real opposition it can be hard to ascertain a players resilience and ultimate potential for success.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1206 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby valleys07 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:55 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

There has been many a dud perform well in internal trials. Until you get the pressure of a real game, real crowd, and real opposition it can be hard to ascertain a players resilience and ultimate potential for success.

I think the key for Dougal this season is to become consistently involved in the contest at SANFL level. Admittedly I hardly watch the Maggies due to my own footy committments, but those that do have all noted that he looked very much at sea at times last season.

The shift to the ruck during match simulation this pre-season, has no doubt helped his ability to stay involved in the contest from what I saw last night. Hopefully this translates to good SANFL form, giving us some depth if required, later in the season.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby marbles » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Howard barely played magpies last year (injured)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby valleys07 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Had stress fractures (i think) for the first half of season 2015, but returned to play 12 SANFL games in the back half of the season.

valleys07
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL