7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby The Informer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:33 pm

Unsure why a club would try and stop someone from playing a higher grade but each to there own.
Will Lodges next move be pay us what we were going to pay Trent for the year and you can have him?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby S Demon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:43 pm

The_Informer wrote:Unsure why a club would try and stop someone from playing a higher grade but each to there own.
Will Lodges next move be pay us what we were going to pay Trent for the year and you can have him?

OR maybe they are making him honour the contract he signed with them
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Short of someone owing you money I've never understood the desire to hold onto someone who doesn't want to be there
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Informer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:46 pm

S Demon wrote:
The_Informer wrote:Unsure why a club would try and stop someone from playing a higher grade but each to there own.

Ok so they go down that path, bloke doesn't end up playing at all or you have a bloke who plays for you who isn't really interested and leaves at the end of the year anyway, what do you achieve?
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:48 pm

9. Clearance – Cannot be refused
1. Financial Indebtedness and Contractual Obligation
A player of an Affiliated League Club to who has no financial indebtedness (applies to Subscriptions for the players previous season played only) or contractual obligation to that Club must not and cannot be refused a Clearance on any grounds.
The standard SACFL Leagues Playing Contract, in a form approved by the Board from time to time; will be the only contract recognised in the instance of any appeal where ‘Contractual Obligation’ is given as the reason for any refusal of a Clearance
Clubs refusing a players transfer due to contractual obligation must supply a copy of such contract to their Affiliated League by no later than 5.00pm on the next business day.
2. Player who has not played for 24 months
These regulations shall not apply to players who have not played competition football for the previous twenty-four (24) months. The player must satisfy the league that he or she has not played for a period of 24 months and can apply for registration to play after July 1.
10.11 A player who has no financial indebtedness or contractual obligation to their previous Member Club shall not be refused a transfer.
(a) If a player’s indebtedness to a Member Club is player subscriptions, the amount owing shall only apply to the player’s year prior to the year in which they seek a transfer.
(b) A player who only played one (1) match for a Member Club in the year previous to the year in which they seek a transfer shall be exempt from paying any outstanding subscriptions from the previous year when applying for a transfer to another Member Club.
(c) A player who played two (2) or three (3) matches for a Member Club in the year previous to the year in which they seek a transfer shall not be refused such transfer provided the player pays fifty percent (50%) of their outstanding subscriptions owing to a Member Club from their previous year with such Member Club.
10.25 A Member Club may refuse a transfer for a player if three (3) players have previously transferred from such Member Club to the same destination Member Club in the current season except where both Member Clubs agree.
(a) A player who has previously played 25 or more matches for the Member Club applying for such transfer is exempt for the purposes of this Clause.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Q. » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:14 pm

jo172 wrote:Short of someone owing you money I've never understood the desire to hold onto someone who doesn't want to be there

I had this happen one year, just before the season started. And while I was rightly frustrated, I was hardly going to make the lad sit out for the year, so cleared him.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby S Demon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:33 pm

The_Informer wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Ok so they go down that path, bloke doesn't end up playing at all or you have a bloke who plays for you who isn't really interested and leaves at the end of the year anyway, what do you achieve?

Nothing really. I'm just pointing out what they might be doing. It sucks when a club is put in that position, but it's up t them if they choose to make someone honour their word.

Be interesting to know if he signed at the Lodge before his old man got the SMOSH gig or if it was after..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:01 pm

It would be extremely foolish of Brahma Lodge to deny a clearance given Trent's age along with Carey's and Trent's history there, they'd pretty much guarantee less than 100% commitment for the forth coming season or for zero chance of either ever returning.
Trent has a lot of good years of footy left in him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:03 pm

S Demon wrote:Nothing really. I'm just pointing out what they might be doing. It sucks when a club is put in that position, but it's up t them if they choose to make someone honour their word.

Be interesting to know if he signed at the Lodge before his old man got the SMOSH gig or if it was after..

Exactly, on the same token, it's not as though he's leaving it until the Thursday before the first round.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Informer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:It would be extremely foolish of Brahma Lodge to deny a clearance given Trent's age along with Carey's and Trent's history there, they'd pretty much guarantee less than 100% commitment for the forth coming season or for zero chance of either ever returning.
Trent has a lot of good years of footy left in him.

Would make for interesting premiership reunions there
The Informer
Reserves

Postby ROOBOY18 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:08 pm

I heard David Savage signed a contract with Greenacres for the coming season, yet cleared to Brahma now.

Not sure if its correct just what i heard, maybe there is ways around it............................
Last edited by ROOBOY18 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby jo172 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Ingle Farm AFL Milera, Wayne Pending 2016-02-16

Next minute Ingle Farm to start playing hardball with the Crows?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:17 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:I heard David Savage signed a contract with Greenacres for the coming season, yet cleared to Brahma now.

Not sure if its correct just what i heard, maybe there is ways around it............................

Yes you are 100% correct. David did sign a contract with Greenacres. However David went to the effort to talk to the coaches who had invested their time and discuss his reason for leaving. No text messages, no getting someone else to sort it out and no dodging the issue. He went to the club, explained his situation and what he wanted and everything was sorted,

Currently the Brahma Lodge football has two players who the coaching staff had organised meetings and taken time out of their schedule to meet with these players. These players made a decision on the facts and figures presented to them that brahma lodge was the club for them. Neither of these players had a gun held to their head and neither player was made to sign. Both players signed knowing full well that this was locking them in for the 2016 season. One player was also invited to a club function where he was unveiled as a major signing and given free piss for the entire evening.

Now as president of the football club I am more than happy to back my coaching staff in their right to refuse to clear these players. Players need to understand that when you sig a contract its binding. These players need to understand that if you sign at Brahma Lodge then that's where you are expected to play. I am sick of guys thinking they can go to every club and talk to who they want and sign where they want and a simple text will make all their wishes come true. The coaches and football directors at brahma lodge deserve to be treated with more respect than these players are giving.

I will finish by saying that every player has his chance to plead his case and the appropriate decision will be made. That doesn't mean he will be cleared and it doesn't mean he will be forced to stay. $$$$$ will have zero impact on the decision we make. I just want players to know that when you come to brahma lodge and sign a contract that it means something and you will be made to honor it. Every player is told that at their meeting and now the club will full endorse it. If a player misses a year because of it then so be it.

Now I am happy to take any constructive feedback on this issue and more than happy to have a chat. If you wat to do it by phone then DM and I will send you my number
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby lovethegame » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:05 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:I heard David Savage signed a contract with Greenacres for the coming season, yet cleared to Brahma now.

Yes you are 100% correct. David did sign a contract with Greenacres. However David went to the effort to talk to the coaches who had invested their time and discuss his reason for leaving. No text messages, no getting someone else to sort it out and no dodging the issue. He went to the club, explained his situation and what he wanted and everything was sorted,

Currently the Brahma Lodge football has two players who the coaching staff had organised meetings and taken time out of their schedule to meet with these players. These players made a decision on the facts and figures presented to them that brahma lodge was the club for them. Neither of these players had a gun held to their head and neither player was made to sign. Both players signed knowing full well that this was locking them in for the 2016 season. One player was also invited to a club function where he was unveiled as a major signing and given free piss for the entire evening.

Now as president of the football club I am more than happy to back my coaching staff in their right to refuse to clear these players. Players need to understand that when you sig a contract its binding. These players need to understand that if you sign at Brahma Lodge then that's where you are expected to play. I am sick of guys thinking they can go to every club and talk to who they want and sign where they want and a simple text will make all their wishes come true. The coaches and football directors at brahma lodge deserve to be treated with more respect than these players are giving.

I will finish by saying that every player has his chance to plead his case and the appropriate decision will be made. That doesn't mean he will be cleared and it doesn't mean he will be forced to stay. $$$$$ will have zero impact on the decision we make. I just want players to know that when you come to brahma lodge and sign a contract that it means something and you will be made to honor it. Every player is told that at their meeting and now the club will full endorse it. If a player misses a year because of it then so be it.

Now I am happy to take any constructive feedback on this issue and more than happy to have a chat. If you wat to do it by phone then DM and I will send you my number

Well said, and very poignant
lovethegame
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gepps Cross

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:36 pm

So little Payne went to a function had 4-6 drinks for free at a cost of 25 bucks and maybe watched 3 stripper shows

So booze and naked women no wonder he signed .......
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:So little Payne went to a function had 4-6 drinks for free at a cost of 25 bucks and maybe watched 3 stripper shows

So if he fixes you up for that he can go

As previously mentioned its not about the $$$$. Its all about the club making a stand and ensure we have guidlines and rules that can be implemented and followed for many years to come.

However judging by your response this all might be a litle to complicated for you to understand.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:55 pm

I will be serious for a minute he signed a contract got cold feet because his dad was coaching smosh so he bailed I see no problem money has not changed hands
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby ROOBOY18 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:29 am

lovetotalkfooty wrote:

Nothing to worry about then....as long as Trent speaks with the coach and explains his reasons for wanting out all will work out and he will get to SMOSH with his father.
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:34 am

ROOBOY18 wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:

Nothing to worry about then....as long as Trent speaks with the coach and explains his reasons for wanting out all will work out and he will get to SMOSH with his father.

Nope.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 am

OMFG this is amatuer footy. Wow he went to a meeting, got given free drinks at a social event, unveiled as a marquee player? Who does that in div 6?? No money has changed hands so I can't see what the big issue is. It's not like he's playing for Manchester United and signed a contract to play there. OMG people lighten up. Let the bloke go play anywhere he wants to.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League