7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:56 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:OMFG this is amatuer footy. Wow he went to a meeting, got given free drinks at a social event, unveiled as a marquee player? Who does that in div 6?? No money has changed hands so I can't see what the big issue is. It's not like he's playing for Manchester United and signed a contract to play there. OMG people lighten up. Let the bloke go play anywhere he wants to.

It's probably why so many users on here like to see Brahma Lodge fail.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:06 am

The good thing about being flexible is that you don't break.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:15 am

I think this is what is commonly referred to as "the first stage in the Brahma Lodge migratory cycle".
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:19 am

Big risk not clearing players when there is no outstanding debts

Word spreads pretty quickly and generally the average punter/footballer doesn't know the full story

I work at the Aquadome we get lots and lots of amatuer footballers coming through on a weekly basis and already the talk is about how brahma refuse to clear anyone

Whether that's correct or not that's starting to becoming a perception, these guys aren't saying it in a positive way either
Last edited by whufc on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:19 am

Q. wrote:The good thing about being flexible is that you don't break.

Pretty sure that Carey took them form being on the brink of extinction to a rapid rise through the grades and their first premiership for a billion years but I guess that counts for FA now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:21 am

whufc wrote:Big risk not clearing players when there is no outstanding debts

Word spreads pretty quickly and generally the average punter/footballer doesn't know the full story

I work at the Aquadome we get lots and lots of amatuer footballers coming through on a weekly basis and already the talk is about how brahma refuse to clear anyone

Whether that's correct or not that's starting to becoming a perception, these guys aren't saying it in a positive way either

Brahma is a love them or hate them club, there's not many that sit on the fence with them, pretty much sums up most of the northern suburbs clubs though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Pretty sure that Carey took them form being on the brink of extinction to a rapid rise through the grades and their first premiership for a billion years but I guess that counts for FA now.

Come on mate it's not saturday amatuer football ...............oh wait a sec
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Big risk not clearing players when there is no outstanding debts

Brahma is a love them or hate them club, there's not many that sit on the fence with them, pretty much sums up most of the northern suburbs clubs though.

Agree just a lot these blokes gossiping in the weights section of the gym are no doubt ex, present and future targets for their footy club.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:26 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Come on mate it's not saturday amatuer football ...............oh wait a sec

It is still a business and predominantly judged by on-field success, but you are hardly going to get the best out of a player who clearly doesn't want to play there now his circumstances have changed, on the flip side, you're blacklisting yourself to a former B&F winner who is only 23 years old.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:00 am

I don't hate or like Brahma. Im just making a point on all this "Days of our Lives" crap that's going on. All because a bloke has decided to go play where his dad is coaching. If he was playing AFL and got drafted to a club and then decided he didnt want to play there after signing a contract. Well thats a different story than it is with what's going on here.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Robran » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:03 am

Gday all I am the coach of the smosh F.C and also the person in questions father, we find ourselves in a bit of a predicament here but he has a meeting on Tuesday night so hopefully they parties can come to some sort of agreement and hopefully my son can come and play footy with me at smosh, I do want to state that my son has to take some responsibility here as he did originally sign to play with blodge, but as soon as was given the job to coach at a higher level he wanted to test himself which I was happy with because I Think he is a bit better than div 5, when I was the coach of lodge in one of the years he requested to go back to E.P to have a crack at div 1 we let him go as it was a great opportunity for him. I can catergorly say his decision to want to play for smosh has nothing to do with coin cause his offer at lodge far out ways what he has been offered at smosh. At the end of the day I hope the right decision is made for the better of both parties..and we can move on with the season just around the corner.every coach in the competition wants the best players available and will do what ever it takes to get them but this holds a bit more for me cause he is me kid..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:08 am

Robran wrote:Gday all I am the coach of the smosh F.C and also the person in questions father, we find ourselves in a bit of a predicament here but he has a meeting on Tuesday night so hopefully they parties can come to some sort of agreement and hopefully my son can come and play footy with me at smosh, I do want to state that my son has to take some responsibility here as he did originally sign to play with blodge, but as soon as was given the job to coach at a higher level he wanted to test himself which I was happy with because I Think he is a bit better than div 5, when I was the coach of lodge in one of the years he requested to go back to E.P to have a crack at div 1 we let him go as it was a great opportunity for him. I can catergorly say his decision to want to play for smosh has nothing to do with coin cause his offer at lodge far out ways what he has been offered at smosh. At the end of the day I hope the right decision is made for the better of both parties..and we can move on with the season just around the corner.every coach in the competition wants the best players available and will do what ever it takes to get them but this holds a bit more for me cause he is me kid..

Well said
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:37 am

Robran wrote:Gday all I am the coach of the smosh F.C and also the person in questions father, we find ourselves in a bit of a predicament here but he has a meeting on Tuesday night so hopefully they parties can come to some sort of agreement and hopefully my son can come and play footy with me at smosh, I do want to state that my son has to take some responsibility here as he did originally sign to play with blodge, but as soon as was given the job to coach at a higher level he wanted to test himself which I was happy with because I Think he is a bit better than div 5, when I was the coach of lodge in one of the years he requested to go back to E.P to have a crack at div 1 we let him go as it was a great opportunity for him. I can catergorly say his decision to want to play for smosh has nothing to do with coin cause his offer at lodge far out ways what he has been offered at smosh. At the end of the day I hope the right decision is made for the better of both parties..and we can move on with the season just around the corner.every coach in the competition wants the best players available and will do what ever it takes to get them but this holds a bit more for me cause he is me kid..

I'm sure a resolution will be made for both parties to move forward and learn from.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I'm sure a resolution will be made for both parties to move forward and learn from.

Can't believe it has got to the stage where the father of the young bloke has to get on here and defend what is going on. Surely reading that Brahma can just suck it up and release him without the meeting needing to take place?! :roll:
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:12 am

Arch44 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Can't believe it has got to the stage where the father of the young bloke has to get on here and defend what is going on. Surely reading that Brahma can just suck it up and release him without the meeting needing to take place?! :roll:

I wonder if the players had the same stance of 'contractual obligations' in 2013 (particularly late in the season) a premiership would not have been won...two way or one way street?
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:20 am

I get the feeling the club would be happy to let Trent go, they would just like him to inform the club in an appropriate and respectful fashion, rather than by text message (judging by the posts in this thread).

Trent's a good lad and his family are committed to football and each other, I'm pretty certain that Brahma would understand that and would not want to do anything that jeopardises a historic relationship between the family and the club.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Yank Man » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:48 am

I guess the initial reaction when you get a clearance in for a player you have just contracted is to deny the clearance in first instance, thus giving you an opportunity to get in front of the player and see why. Just my thoughts. It's not for us I believe to lay blame on anyone but just to hope it gets resolved amicably.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:49 am

Precisely. By the sounds of it, Brahma aren't holding him back because they feel like being pricks about it. It seems the way it all went about was a lack of respect from the clubs point of view. Which is fair enough. They have the right to due diligence with all contractual matters..

Players seem to want it all 1 way a bit these days. If a club doesn't hold up their end of a contract its panic stations and mud slinging, but if a player doesn't withhold his end of the deal it seems like they cry foul as well.. If a club is expected (as it should) to uphold their side of the contract signed, then so should the player
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:57 am

human_torpedo wrote:Precisely. By the sounds of it, Brahma aren't holding him back because they feel like being pricks about it. It seems the way it all went about was a lack of respect from the clubs point of view. Which is fair enough. They have the right to due diligence with all contractual matters..

Players seem to want it all 1 way a bit these days. If a club doesn't hold up their end of a contract its panic stations and mud slinging, but if a player doesn't withhold his end of the deal it seems like they cry foul as well.. If a club is expected (as it should) to uphold their side of the contract signed, then so should the player

Fair enough but there are a few clubs that don't hold up their end of the bargain to
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:23 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:I heard David Savage signed a contract with Greenacres for the coming season, yet cleared to Brahma now.

Not sure if its correct just what i heard, maybe there is ways around it............................

Yes you are 100% correct. David did sign a contract with Greenacres. However David went to the effort to talk to the coaches who had invested their time and discuss his reason for leaving. No text messages, no getting someone else to sort it out and no dodging the issue. He went to the club, explained his situation and what he wanted and everything was sorted,

Currently the Brahma Lodge football has two players who the coaching staff had organised meetings and taken time out of their schedule to meet with these players. These players made a decision on the facts and figures presented to them that brahma lodge was the club for them. Neither of these players had a gun held to their head and neither player was made to sign. Both players signed knowing full well that this was locking them in for the 2016 season. One player was also invited to a club function where he was unveiled as a major signing and given free piss for the entire evening.

Now as president of the football club I am more than happy to back my coaching staff in their right to refuse to clear these players. Players need to understand that when you sig a contract its binding. These players need to understand that if you sign at Brahma Lodge then that's where you are expected to play. I am sick of guys thinking they can go to every club and talk to who they want and sign where they want and a simple text will make all their wishes come true. The coaches and football directors at brahma lodge deserve to be treated with more respect than these players are giving.

I will finish by saying that every player has his chance to plead his case and the appropriate decision will be made. That doesn't mean he will be cleared and it doesn't mean he will be forced to stay. $$$$$ will have zero impact on the decision we make. I just want players to know that when you come to brahma lodge and sign a contract that it means something and you will be made to honor it. Every player is told that at their meeting and now the club will full endorse it. If a player misses a year because of it then so be it.

Now I am happy to take any constructive feedback on this issue and more than happy to have a chat. If you wat to do it by phone then DM and I will send you my number

Well done and good on you for standing your ground.

As clubs, players are our only real assets
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League