Daniel Ebert a big in for Uraidla.
He is a very good player
footytragic001971
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:53 pm

I see TV and Hahndorf have organised an agreement for hahndorf's extra junior players to go play for TV so they can get under 13 and 15 sides this year. This is rather than Hahndorf having having extra junior sides in the country division.

Personally I think it's an excellent idea and small towns like TV need all the help they can get so good on both sides for coming up with this idea. Only issue I would have with this is if it caused another team to get relegated as TV will be a lot better in the juniors now. But I've heard rumours of one big comp next year so probably won't matter.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Demon Juke » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:17 pm

batmanbegins wrote:I see TV and Hahndorf have organised an agreement for hahndorf's extra junior players to go play for TV so they can get under 13 and 15 sides this year. This is rather than Hahndorf having having extra junior sides in the country division.

Personally I think it's an excellent idea and small towns like TV need all the help they can get so good on both sides for coming up with this idea. Only issue I would have with this is if it caused another team to get relegated as TV will be a lot better in the juniors now. But I've heard rumours of one big comp next year so probably won't matter.

They where approaching a lot of clubs for extra juniors with a sponsorship payment in return.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Kick one team out of country div for having no juniors!! Let onw pay to have another teams juniors , seems legit
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby The Cloak » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:43 pm

batmanbegins wrote:I see TV and Hahndorf have organised an agreement for hahndorf's extra junior players to go play for TV so they can get under 13 and 15 sides this year. This is rather than Hahndorf having having extra junior sides in the country division.

Heard that TV colts wins count for premiership points but now for the relegation table. If it keeps kids in the game and enjoying footy from both areas of the Hills then good on the people involved to get this across the line.
The Cloak
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:04 am

Lofty quiet on a couple of big recruits?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:40 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Lofty quiet on a couple of big recruits?

Spill the beans then Jimmy, we're going to find out soon anyway.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:05 am

Heard Onka Valley have signed Jordan Wilson-King from Tanunda (also a Crows top up player).
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:26 am

batmanbegins wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Lofty quiet on a couple of big recruits?

Spill the beans then Jimmy, we're going to find out soon anyway.

Stephen White from Unley Jets is one. Big fella who's about 100 years old, played in a premiership with Sturt at about the turn of the century but will provide a good forward target for Lofty.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby anonymousfooty » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:55 am

i thought if you couldn't fill a junior colts team or above you were relegated not get players from another club. also heard there under 17's may not have enough players so does this also mean they get hahndorf players? how is this allowed? it doesn't seem fair to the smaller clubs in the league
anonymousfooty
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Different rules for different clubs by the looks of it
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby anonymousfooty » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:12 pm

seems to me like there are a few clubs that can get what ever they like in this league
anonymousfooty
Mini-League

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:00 am

Re Hahndorf extra players playing with TVFC, I think its a great idea. Both clubs benefit and so too the Div 1 Comp. Would you really want to relegate a Club because of jnr numbers when there are alternatives like this ? If Div 1 relegated clubs for not enough jnrs would this not place 3 of the 5 finalists in last years A Grade finals (Uraidla, Torrens Valley and Echunga) in danger of relegation? If these clubs are proactive in trying to getting jnrs and coming up with out of the box solutions to fill teams then surely thats a good thing for football, which should be the ultimate goal. I wonder if Mt Lofty and Blackwood who normally have lots of juniors are also looking to do the same thing as HFC and TVFC? If so that would be great for footy as well.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby anonymousfooty » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:07 am

The problem I have is if Hahndorf rotate there players this isn’t fair on the other clubs they should send a set group of player to TV for the season. I have also heard they will be wearing a jumper that has both teams involved I it. They are playing for TV and should be called TV and wear a TV jumper not a Hahndorf one. just seems like they are taking over them
anonymousfooty
Mini-League

Postby footytragic001971 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:11 pm

i see what you are saying anonymous, but the problem is that these kids want to play for Hahndorf, not tv.
if they come to play for Hahndorf and end up playing for tv I suspect that would defeat the purpose.

I would think the ultimate goal is to have as many kids as possible playing in the comp.
no system is perfect that at least this one gives more kids a game of footy.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby footytragic001971 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:13 pm

lets put together a book for premierships odds.

any suggestions of starting odds for the teams?
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Mt Barker 3 to 1
Uraidla 3.50 to 1
Hahndorf 4 to 1
Blackwood 6 to 1
TVFC 8 to 1
Lobethal 9 to 1
Echunga 10 to 1
Ironbank 12 to 1
Mt Lofty 15 to 1
Onkas 16 to 1

Mt Barker in the last half of last season were starting to fire up, I think if they made the 5 it could well have been a Uraidla v Mt Barker Grand Final..
Uris always around the mark, they know how to control games especially in finals and did it last year in the GF for all but probably 15 mins of the entire game, Hahndorf were just too quick at kicking goals in those 15 mins and ran over them at the right time. Maggies will still be around the mark. Big improver maybe Blackwood... I think then the battle for 5th will be pretty even.

We will find out in 6 - 8 weeks time..!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:54 pm

good stuff wazz.
gives us a starting point to talk about at least.
here is my two bobs worth:
I agree that mt barker stormed home late so will compete, but I am not sure they are premiership favourites.
Uraidla always seem to find a way to compete strongly.
Has Echunga found some ins to replace the couple of significant outs?? Same question for Torrens Valley.
Hahndorf's young list has been strengthened so it looks like they will be around the mark again.
Blackwood have good depth but maybe missing some top end talent.
Same can be said for mt lofty, who always compete. getting Miles fit is imperative.
Lobethal will be an improver I reckon. good midfield depth, and skinner back is a big for them (if fit)
Ironbank and Onkas have some work to do, but Hahndorf showed last year anything is possible with a good run with injuries and a bit of confidence.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby Alaska » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:18 pm

As you have started it I will continue:

I believe you are underestimating the significance of the Sutherland loss at Uraidla and could see them tumble out of the 5.
Has Echunga appointed a new coach? I suspect they are in trouble with coach and players.
I heard that Miles is out for this year as well so Lofty would need some good recruits
It sounds that Hahndorf have added some good quality recruits and should be hard to beat this year.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy