financial projections

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: financial projections

Postby Dutchy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:32 pm

MatteeG wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:It'd be about the SANFL moving in on the organisation of junior footy, I'm assuming.

I'm not aware of what's proposed, what would be the issues (if any)?

WIthout seeing it I suspect it is about the minimum age of kids playing under 8's footy, AFL have changed it that kids need to be 7 by 30/4 each year to play club footy. If they aren;t that age they need to stick to Auskick (which makes the AFL more $ surprisingly) but opens the threat of kids going to other sports that accept kids at the lower age bracket.

Is that legit Dutchy?

Little G wont be happy having to do 2 more years of Auskick! (Or MatteeG running 2 more!)

Thats my understanding, speak to my Mrs next committee meeting she is all over it :)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Sojourner wrote:Glenelg lost people with the appalling way that they chose to treat their members with the refusal to allow them any say in the vote on admitting the AFC to the SANFL, it would be fair to say the GFC had the worst 'consultation' of any of the clubs and members were openly treated with contempt. - The same group of members the board needs to step in and save the club.

I don't know that Glenelg's was the worst. IIRC Sturt didn't even 'consult' with its members; the Blues delegate voted Yes and that was it.

Not trying to defend Glenelg here. I know a number of people who dropped membership as a result of Chiggy's vote. This number would not be a majority, but significant nonetheless. I imagine the same is true of the membership of the other 5 bendover clubs.

At that information night Chiggy expressed grave concern for the future of the club and the league in its then-current state and opined that admitting the clowns into the league would breathe new life into it: media coverage would increase, the Clowns would help promote games at Glenelg, interest in the league would rise, and the Clowns would pay all SANFL clubs for the privilege of playing in the league.

Fair to say that after 2 years very little of this has eventuated. Media coverage is no greater; apart from a single page of writeups hidden 20 pages deep in the sport section and a ten-second recital of scores from around the grounds on the evening news bulletin, there is nothing - unless there is either news pertinent to the clowns or the smears (Jpod pushing for selection after 10 goal bag!), or significant bad news concerning one of the sovereign clubs (Bays/Eagles/Bloods up against the wall!). I have seen no attempt by either AFL club to promote games in the zones of the clubs in which they are scheduled to play. Allegedly some clowns players turned up at a shopping mall with a few Bays players once ... but I've yet to hear of AFL clubs visiting the school at which my kids attend - something which was promised at the information night. I have received free tickets to Glenelg games from the school - but never for games against interlopers (not that I'd use them). Heck, the Eagles did their own promotion of games against AFL clubs in their zone to good effect - did the AFL clubs do anything? Interest in the league has noticeably decreased. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the clowns have close to zero support at SANFL games - a far cry from the promised 4000 per game. A cursory analysis of crowd statistics shows that the smears have the second-worst away game attendance of all participating teams; the average attendance at home games involving AFL clubs in the 2015 season was below average for all but one of the sovereign SANFL clubs. Presumably the clubs are getting their 50000 pieces of silver from the clowns - one wonders how much of this is eroded by abandoned membership money, and reduced take at the game from the people who are not attending. From all reports the other interloper has not paid a cent, and is doing its best to weasel out of honouring its financial agreement. You make a deal with the devil, you get what you deserve.

Perhaps Glenelg would still be up the creek if the interlopers had never been admitted, perhaps not. Certainly one thing would be different if Chiggy (and his mates on the SANFL commission) had voted NO: Glenelg would be facing death on its feet, instead of on its knees.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby VALE PARK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:11 am

Are you saying the Power do not pay $50000 per year to be in the SANFL?
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby knowledge » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:46 am

VALE PARK wrote:Are you saying the Power do not pay $50000 per year to be in the SANFL?

If my memory serves me correctly, the AFC pays their yearly fee of $50K for playing in the SANFL via 2 instalments. The PAFC's is paid for via the loss of the former Port Magpies development grants that each SANFL is paid. There is no additional payment of $50K paid by the PAFC.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:47 am

Just up the fee to 200k per club for them to play in the league bringing it into line with the WAFL
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Glenelegs financial position has very little to do with the AFL reserve teams in I would imagine. I hope the supporters back the club and take out memberships and go to the games instead of whingeing about other issues. Get behind your club .
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby DOC » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:05 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Glenelegs financial position has very little to do with the AFL reserve teams in I would imagine. I hope the supporters back the club and take out memberships and go to the games instead of whingeing about other issues. Get behind your club .

A ready made nickname should Glenelg merge with Norwood.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby LPH » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:05 pm

No-one is suggesting that these financial problems didn't exist before the advent of the Cows & PAPs Reserves, but...
Part of the 'sales pitch' was the added revenue promised from a range of Hypothetical Revenue Streams, invented by Chapman & Trigg.

Clubs (Glenelg, Eagles, West, Sturt, North) all voted without consultation with their Members (the 'bread & butter' supporters) who turn up every week, pump money through the Bars, Food/Drink Vendors & Merchandise Stands. This has evaporated (as predicted by many) & this has no doubt contributed to an increased loss, across the board.

To simply say to the people (who were metaphorically 'shat on' by their Club's Leaders & Boards) to go buy a Membership & return to the footy, fails to see the reality of the issue & the disillusionment they/we feel. I will never return - my Membership Money goes elsewhere now (Adelaide United & SA Jockey Club). At the very least, these organisations give me a say @ Membership Meetings.
Unlike Kurt & his cronies, they at least respect me enough to listen to my POV & my 'vote' means something to them.

Sadly, the damage is done.

Chiggy, Slaven, etc. acted like 'Vegas Virgins' - they were blinded by the bright lights & the empty promises.
Including AFL Reserves into the competition was NEVER about what was best for the SANFL, it was ALWAYS about what was best for THEM, alone.
Sadly, what so many warned against, the birds are coming home to roost.
Believe me, we who have been shat on, take ZERO pleasure in this.
But they made their beds by not DEBATING the issues completely & rushing into bed & whoring themselves to their AFL overlords.

Oh, & BTW - what of the role that the Commercial Media played in the whole thing?
Rowe, Dillon, Roo, Ditmar, Bickley, etc. ... as always, they allow the fire to be started, then fan the flames to increase the Inferno, then wash their hands of it & say "Oh what a pity".
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:19 pm

DOC wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Glenelegs financial position has very little to do with the AFL reserve teams in I would imagine. I hope the supporters back the club and take out memberships and go to the games instead of whingeing about other issues. Get behind your club .

A ready made nickname should Glenelg merge with Norwood.

Lol.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Dutchy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:04 pm

I wlll sign up for a Glenelg membership this year only cause I don;t want the club to cease to exist, however I have found other things to do in teh last 2 years so won;t be able to attend many games, if any.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby southee » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:

I wlll sign up for a Glenelg membership this year only cause I don;t want the club to cease to exist, however I have found other things to do in teh last 2 years so won;t be able to attend many games, if any.

Know quite a few Bays supporters that have left the club for various reasons and wont be back.

Reckon the warning signs where there at the Bay years ago but no one upstairs acted.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Pseudo wrote:Perhaps Glenelg would still be up the creek if the interlopers had never been admitted, perhaps not. Certainly one thing would be different if Chiggy (and his mates on the SANFL commission) had voted NO: Glenelg would be facing death on its feet, instead of on its knees.

This thought crossed my mind when the North Adelaide hierarchy 'consulted' with its members in late 2013 (read: telling the membership why Bohdan was going to vote yes).

At that time I decided to accept the possibility that the SANFL was no longer 'immortal', or something that would exist in perpetuity for other generations to enjoy and for its traditions to continue. I accepted that a 'no' vote could mean the SANFL, as an integral competition in the same form and spirit as it had operated for over a century, one day might be eventually overrun and subsumed by the wave of public support that buoys the AFL competition and in particular the two AFL clubs in this state. The landscape of footy in this state has shifted significantly, albeit somewhat glacially, in the last quarter of a century. If the comp closed shop due to lack of interest, irrelevance or financial catastrophes in time, then so be it. The ride had been f**king fantastic and forces beyond mine or others' control would've spoken. Footy democracy would've spoken. If people in the next ten to fifteen years overwhelmingly want AFL and can't be bothered with the SANFL, then (sadly) that's hard to argue against.

After all, and without being too dramatic or personal, we all have to face this kind of prospect in our own lives. I didn't want a compromised competition with the Power and Crows playing the part of its life-support system artificially propping it up, in a different, mutant form than you had grown accustomed to, even if that mean it would 'survive'. You probably wouldn't wish it on your pet, or a loved one. Go out on your own terms, with dignity. As Pseudo says, better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

We now have the worst possible outcome with at least one club on its knees going towards the wall. The insult is that (a) the much promised life-support system is doing nothing to help the comp and its teams, and (b) it has proven to be a complete crock (which most of us suspected) so quickly.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:29 pm

For some reason no one wants to talk about how the club is managed. Yes I have no doubt a small impact on member numbers with the advent of the AFL reserves teams but all that means to me is they don't care anyway. No mention of their board , who make decisions at all in this. I understand some are annoyed with the AFL reserves but you have rocks in your head if you believe that is the reason for where they are now.
If you read over this site , Glenelg supporters are happy to sling it when they are winning . Be that online or at the games. Now is time for them to get tough and get behind their club. You are in or out. This is when the REAL SUPPORTERS stand up.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Panther Pack » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:31 pm

Heard about the Bays financial troubles does anyone know if they had to pay out Nick Stevens or was he sacked without pay?

Also why does the club owe so much to the council?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:42 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:For some reason no one wants to talk about how the club is managed. Yes I have no doubt a small impact on member numbers with the advent of the AFL reserves teams but all that means to me is they don't care anyway. No mention of their board , who make decisions at all in this. I understand some are annoyed with the AFL reserves but you have rocks in your head if you believe that is the reason for where they are now.
If you read over this site , Glenelg supporters are happy to sling it when they are winning . Be that online or at the games. Now is time for them to get tough and get behind their club. You are in or out. This is when the REAL SUPPORTERS stand up.

I supported my club and the league my entire life I even personally sponsored my club for a decade.

I will never return to SANFL whilst afl clubs have anything to do with my league.

If you think that is cos I don't care anyway you simply have Nfi!!!!

I know many bays fan in the same boat. Love their club but can not accept what their club/league has done.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby stan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:25 am

UK Fan wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:For some reason no one wants to talk about how the club is managed. Yes I have no doubt a small impact on member numbers with the advent of the AFL reserves teams but all that means to me is they don't care anyway. No mention of their board , who make decisions at all in this. I understand some are annoyed with the AFL reserves but you have rocks in your head if you believe that is the reason for where they are now.

I supported my club and the league my entire life I even personally sponsored my club for a decade.

I will never return to SANFL whilst afl clubs have anything to do with my league.

I know many bays fan in the same boat. Love their club but can not accept what their club/league has done.

If your ub voted no would you change your stance to your club. Not the league just your club im talking about?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:35 am

stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

If your ub voted no would you change your stance to your club. Not the league just your club im talking about?

My club did vote no.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:53 am

UK Fan wrote:
stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

My club did vote no.

Right sorry I cant see your team via tapatalk. Was getting the impression you were a bays man for some reason.

My appologies.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:16 am

Panther Pack wrote:Heard about the Bays financial troubles does anyone know if they had to pay out Nick Stevens or was he sacked without pay?

For the renovations to the licensed facility, I believe.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Booney wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Heard about the Bays financial troubles does anyone know if they had to pay out Nick Stevens or was he sacked without pay?

For the renovations to the licensed facility, I believe.

And the installation of lights I believe.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL