Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:30 am

Pyne saying today that an early election is still on the table as the senate is not playing ball at the moment on a few issues.

The problem is you threaten and then threaten and then cast aside the idea of an early election. Its a flat threat, they dont have the balls to pull the trigger.

If they are fair dinkim right now. Then pull the trigger and lets go to the polls. Sometimes you just have to go through with you threat to make others believe your the real deal.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:31 pm

stan wrote:Pyne saying today that an early election is still on the table as the senate is not playing ball at the moment on a few issues.

The problem is you threaten and then threaten and then cast aside the idea of an early election. Its a flat threat, they dont have the balls to pull the trigger.

If they are fair dinkim right now. Then pull the trigger and lets go to the polls. Sometimes you just have to go through with you threat to make others believe your the real deal.

One major issue for the Libs will be - a full Senate election doesn't necessarily mean a more favourable outcome for them. They need legislative change to eliminate minor parties before they'd want a new Senate election IMO.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby stan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:07 am

Ruben Carter wrote:
stan wrote:Pyne saying today that an early election is still on the table as the senate is not playing ball at the moment on a few issues.

One major issue for the Libs will be - a full Senate election doesn't necessarily mean a more favourable outcome for them. They need legislative change to eliminate minor parties before they'd want a new Senate election IMO.

In terms of minor parties who is left. Mostly just a bunch of independents now and the Greens of course.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:55 am

New polls just in. Turball only 50% for preferred PM......but Shorten at 21% lol.

I know its only a poll but still gives you bit of a laugh.
stan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:25 am

stan wrote:New polls just in. Turball only 50% for preferred PM......but Shorten at 21% lol.

seems like the honeymoon period is over though, 50/50 two party preferred.

I reckon what might save Turnbull is the fact that he only has to go up against Shorten
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:32 am

bennymacca wrote:
stan wrote:New polls just in. Turball only 50% for preferred PM......but Shorten at 21% lol.

I reckon what might save Turnbull is the fact that he only has to go up against Shorten

Unless they knife him and throw up Plibersek, Wong or Bowen at the last minute.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:02 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Nah mate thats part of what I was saying. Although its 50/50 in the polls its 50/21 in terms of preferred PM.

Ilbasucally the county is split but based on that I think the Libs would get over the line simply on the Shorten factor.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Wong would get crucified
I would think Albo or Bowen are next in line
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Gozu » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:36 pm

The problem with Penny Wong is she just might win and the Labor Right couldn't handle that.

I like Albo but don't think he's leadership material. He's an attack dog, Labor's Tony Abbott.

Anyone see Stan Grant's Press Club address? I don't care what party he would represent just give him the keys and make him PM I haven't seen a more powerful & impressive speaker since Keating.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby stan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:59 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Wong would get crucified
I would think Albo or Bowen are next in line

Would have thought Albo was there man. Surely they have to make a change soon. Shorten will be the point of difference and the deciding factor at the next election.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:21 am

Gozu wrote:The problem with Penny Wong is she just might win and the Labor Right couldn't handle that.

I like Albo but don't think he's leadership material. He's an attack dog, Labor's Tony Abbott.

Anyone see Stan Grant's Press Club address? I don't care what party he would represent just give him the keys and make him PM I haven't seen a more powerful & impressive speaker since Keating.

I'm not sure 95% of Australians could handle it
Agree with you on the rest
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Gozu » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:18 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Gozu wrote:The problem with Penny Wong is she just might win and the Labor Right couldn't handle that.

Why because she's a gay Asian woman? I think most would be comfortable with her now after all this time she's a class act and one of Labor's better performers.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:46 am

Gozu wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Why because she's a gay Asian woman? I think most would be comfortable with her now after all this time she's a class act and one of Labor's better performers.

What I expected.....
No, because she's not a class act - far from it
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:14 am

So Lib people a few articles in the papers this morning asking the question Was the coup worth it?

Perhaps if Shorten wasnt the opposition leader things may well be worse. But whilst the polls are showing a 50/50 between libs and labor, the preferred PM poll was 50/21 in favour of Turnball over Shorten.

Hence the question with all thats going on, was the coup worth it?
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:15 am

stan wrote:So Lib people a few articles in the papers this morning asking the question Was the coup worth it?

Perhaps if Shorten wasnt the opposition leader things may well be worse. But whilst the polls are showing a 50/50 between libs and labor, the preferred PM poll was 50/21 in favour of Turnball over Shorten.

Yes, Abbott is a twat
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:23 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:So Lib people a few articles in the papers this morning asking the question Was the coup worth it?

Yes, Abbott is a twat

Ok come on, looking at the numbers is there more you can add mate?
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:08 pm

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Yes, Abbott is a twat

Ok come on, looking at the numbers is there more you can add mate?

I thought that was quite succinct!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Psyber » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:05 pm

stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Nah mate thats part of what I was saying. Although its 50/50 in the polls its 50/21 in terms of preferred PM.

Ilbasucally the county is split but based on that I think the Libs would get over the line simply on the Shorten factor.

I think it may all change between now and any election and be meaningless at present.
Wong and Plibersek may appeal to the ALP devotees but Albo would have more appeal to the swinging voters, just as Turnbull has.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Psyber wrote:
stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I think it may all change between now and any election and be meaningless at present.
Wong and Plibersek may appeal to the ALP devotees but Albo would have more appeal to the swinging voters, just as Turnbull has.

Wong makes Rudd look like the Dalai Lama
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Say what you want about Shorten's bland persona, but his retort at that nutjob Bernadi this morning was bloody epic.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics