The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:What is your point ?

Nobody is blaming afl reserves solely for GFCS financial predicament.

We are just laughing at the claim afl reserves was a financial solution for sanfl clubs. As many of us predicted (refer pages 1-50 of this thread) it's just one of many untruths used to sell this Shitbox.

No less than two seasons after the backstabbers have been included into the comp only 2 of 8 clubs are profitable.

What more needs to be said
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Tell us then Wedgie
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:42 pm

It is a 3 milllion dollar debt . Surely you are not that silly to think the AFL reserves teams made that . Yes 2 clubs voted no , so what are they now doing to "stop the rot ' if they think it is so important. Have they organised a club only meeting to discuss it and propose a reason why it should not happen and convince clubs to say no ? Have they rejected the 50k from the crows or just taken and ran ? I am against the AFL reserves, have said many times. Too many hide behind the AFL reserves inclusion as to losing money.

Where is your data to say the clubs are losing money because of it. Happy to see it and hopefully it is in your favor.

Go and get the appropriate number , as per the clubs constitution and vote your board out and then it is easily changed.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:43 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Tell us then Wedgie

Are u serious ???

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:13 pm

Like a little boy wanting daddys approval mate. Funny .insecure but funny.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Wolf Pack » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:36 pm

I remember the Crows Big Wigs saying that 4000 people will go and watch their reserves side.
Clubs were probably banking on some extra money on that!!!
When the Bloods play them, I only see three old ladies in crows track suits and that's about it!! :D
Wolf Pack
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:13 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:It is a 3 milllion dollar debt . Surely you are not that silly to think the AFL reserves teams made that . Yes 2 clubs voted no , so what are they now doing to "stop the rot ' if they think it is so important. Have they organised a club only meeting to discuss it and propose a reason why it should not happen and convince clubs to say no ? Have they rejected the 50k from the crows or just taken and ran ? I am against the AFL reserves, have said many times. Too many hide behind the AFL reserves inclusion as to losing money.

Where is your data to say the clubs are losing money because of it. Happy to see it and hopefully it is in your favor.

Go and get the appropriate number , as per the clubs constitution and vote your board out and then it is easily changed.

Apart from repeatedly agreeing with you that GFCS debt can not be blamed on AFL reserves solely I'm not sure what else to say BOuncy. I've maintained constantly Chiggy is the main culprit for GFCS situation.

I think I've stated it three times now. Maybe u need me to write it in crayon for you to fully Understand.

Not sure what else I can do tbh.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:48 am

UK Fan wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:It is a 3 milllion dollar debt . Surely you are not that silly to think the AFL reserves teams made that . Yes 2 clubs voted no , so what are they now doing to "stop the rot ' if they think it is so important. Have they organised a club only meeting to discuss it and propose a reason why it should not happen and convince clubs to say no ? Have they rejected the 50k from the crows or just taken and ran ? I am against the AFL reserves, have said many times. Too many hide behind the AFL reserves inclusion as to losing money.

Apart from repeatedly agreeing with you that GFCS debt can not be blamed on AFL reserves solely I'm not sure what else to say BOuncy. I've maintained constantly Chiggy is the main culprit for GFCS situation.

I think I've stated it three times now. Maybe u need me to write it in crayon for you to fully Understand.

Not sure what else I can do tbh.

I'll give it a go.
Glenelg (and 5 other clubs) sold its (their) soul(s) in exchange for financial security.
Now they are broke!!!
Boom tish!
Do you get it now BOTB?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby on the rails » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:40 am

In reality a unanimous NO vote would not have changed the current plight of most of the clubs re finances and debt. so blaming that is naive. Simple fact is the clubs in trouble have incurred debt and spent beyond income.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:56 am

UK Fan wrote:

We are just laughing at the claim afl reserves was a financial solution for sanfl clubs. As many of us predicted (refer pages 1-50 of this thread) it's just one of many untruths used to sell this Shitbox.

No less than two seasons after the backstabbers have been included into the comp only 2 of 8 clubs are profitable.

Was there an actual claim of this sort made & if so by who.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby UK Fan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:02 am

cracka wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Yep by slaven Tripodi chigwidden and co. at information evenings.

It has been quoted via this thread on numerous occasions. As stated previously refer the first 50 pages of this thread for confirmation.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:46 am

UK Fan wrote:
cracka wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

It has been quoted via this thread on numerous occasions. As stated previously refer the first 50 pages of this thread for confirmation.

So the words were actually said "having the crows & power reserves in the SANFL will solve all our financial woes" or were they misinterpreted that way. I wouldn't know as I wasn't at any of those info sessions so I'm going on the words of forum users who more than likely have an agenda to push.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:13 am

on the rails wrote:In reality a unanimous NO vote would not have changed the current plight of most of the clubs re finances and debt. so blaming that is naive. Simple fact is the clubs in trouble have incurred debt and spent beyond income.

Correct.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:22 am

on the rails wrote:In reality a unanimous NO vote would not have changed the current plight of most of the clubs re finances and debt. so blaming that is naive. Simple fact is the clubs in trouble have incurred debt and spent beyond income.

Maybe not but would rather my club die without the cancers in the comp
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:12 am

I can tell you that an AFL club official, in a conversation with me, did say something along the lines of: The SANFL needs the AFL sides in the competition for greater financial security.

I can't remember the exact quote, but it was certainly part of the language that the AFL clubs were using at the time.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:16 am

Jim05 wrote:

Maybe not but would rather my club die without the cancers in the comp

100% agree.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:29 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I can tell you that an AFL club official, in a conversation with me, did say something along the lines of: The SANFL needs the AFL sides in the competition for greater financial security.

I can't remember the exact quote, but it was certainly part of the language that the AFL clubs were using at the time.

and that line was being run by the SANFL clubs who voted yes
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:40 am

cracka wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
cracka wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

So the words were actually said "having the crows & power reserves in the SANFL will solve all our financial woes" or were they misinterpreted that way. I wouldn't know as I wasn't at any of those info sessions so I'm going on the words of forum users who more than likely have an agenda to push.

Maybe reference The first 50 pages as stated repeatedly if you need direct quotes. But yes it was sold on the basis we needed to do it to secure sanfl clubs financial future(one of many false promises btw)

SANFL fans are the ones with agendas re: afl reserves.

Now I've heard it all.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:02 pm

UK Fan wrote:Maybe reference The first 50 pages as stated repeatedly if you need direct quotes. But yes it was sold on the basis we needed to do it to secure sanfl clubs financial future(one of many false promises btw)

Now I've heard it all.

Have already read most of the pages of bullsh!t of this thread.
Not wanting the AFL reserves in the SANFL to start with & wanting them removed now would be what I call having an agenda to push. Never said the crows, power or the AFL weren't pushing their own agenda. You've just proved my point of misinterpretation.
cracka
Veteran

Postby UK Fan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:26 pm

cracka wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Maybe reference The first 50 pages as stated repeatedly if you need direct quotes. But yes it was sold on the basis we needed to do it to secure sanfl clubs financial future(one of many false promises btw)

Now I've heard it all.

Have already read most of the pages of bullsh!t of this thread.
Not wanting the AFL reserves in the SANFL to start with & wanting them removed now would be what I call having an agenda to push. Never said the crows, power or the AFL weren't pushing their own agenda. You've just proved my point of misinterpretation.

Sweet Then you'd know what was promised.
Last edited by UK Fan on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL