Just the obvious.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Where to for Glenelg

Postby norwood8 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:28 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:The Bays are that deep in it that you can't expect anyone to believe 2000 memberships (if that) lost over the last two years have been the catalyst.

Its definatley not the only reason but its a massive kick in the ass, here is some numbers.

Lets say its 1500 members that have left in the last two years not 2000. So 750 buy just a membership and the other 750 buy a membership plus the home game ticket (i think that would be a generous reflection of a membership break up (haven't included people buying a full season pass)

LOST INCOME (based on this years membership prices)

750 x supporter membership valued at $75.00- $56 250.00
750 x silver membership (mbship plus home game ticket) valued at $140.00- 105 000.00

Lets say for arguments sake each home game half of them attend (750) the 10 home games and buy one beer each a game.
750 members per game x 1 $7.50 beer -$5625.00 x 10 home games- $56 250.00

Let also say that over the whole course of a year they each convince one mate to come to one game.

1500 x 1 entry at $14.00- $21 000.00 (im not including them to spend a red cent once inside the ground)

Now from that amount of members the club has already lost $238 500.00

Not one of them has bought a piece of merchandise yet, not one of them has spent any money in the club rooms outside of the one beer they bought. They haven't attend any club functions etc etc.

Those other figures are being very generous as well.

I think it would be fair to say a loss of 1500 members could easily equate to around 500k in lost income, now no that wouldnt solve their problems but it is a bloody big start.

Remembering also you cant put a dollar value on having 1500 members who are also 'promoters' of the club likely to 'like and share' Glenelg facebook posts, hit their website, talk about Glenelg to their mates etc etc.

Perfectly put. That's a huge chunk of money to be missing out on.

Get the cancers of the competition out!
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:04 pm

But that is just hypothetical. How many did they get to the game when Walker played ? 8000 or so ?

What do the numbers show about Glenelgs poor on-field performance ?

Like I have said , where are the factual numbers. Glenelg would have data surely ? If it was my business and I started losing money , I would analyse where it is going. If it was hurting my business I would change it. Therisingblues has suggested Bay supporters say enough is enough. I also said the same regarding the AFL reserves . I agree , the time is now for Glenelg fans to stand up and be counted. I have said that on here all along yet some don't understand that.
I am anti the FL reserves, have said many times. That is not the issue and some of you need to get your head out of the sand. Any clubs post a profit this year ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:But that is just hypothetical. How many did they get to the game when Walker played ? 8000 or so ?

What do the numbers show about Glenelgs poor on-field performance ?

Like I have said , where are the factual numbers. Glenelg would have data surely ? If it was my business and I started losing money , I would analyse where it is going. If it was hurting my business I would change it. Therisingblues has suggested Bay supporters say enough is enough. I also said the same regarding the AFL reserves . I agree , the time is now for Glenelg fans to stand up and be counted. I have said that on here all along yet some don't understand that.
I am anti the FL reserves, have said many times. That is not the issue and some of you need to get your head out of the sand. Any clubs post a profit this year ?

I agree its not the sole reason but any business/company who losses potentially 500k of income or drops its customer base by around 1000 people are going to have to consider it a fairly serious matter and ask questions why.

The problem with losing membership income is that there is not a lot of ways you can reduce expenditure to match that figure. Memberships are your money for jam.

-Maybe slightly less security guards on match day
-Maybe a couple of staff less in the clubroom facilities
-I think most of the outside bar and canteen staff are volunteers (im led to believe that is the case at Centrals) so you cant make a reduction on zero.

Most places would be marking up their products by at least 150% as a minimum so even if you reduce staff etc the losses are huge.

But essentially if your losing memberships the players still get paid the same, their equipment is still the same, the ground still needs to be watered the same, the lights still go on the same amount of time etc etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby UK Fan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:So they all stopped caring about their club ? I will keep saying it..............get behind your club or it will die.

I think that is a convenient argument now. Ask Glenelg if they want to get rid of them ? Think the 50 k is OK right now.

Where are Dedja and the other mouthy ones ? Gordon still here ? The Councillor wannabe ? Ecky ? Dutchy ? Am Bays / Bayman? The list goes on. Very vocal at one stage but not now.

Seems like a bit more than the AFL reserves team being included in. Poor management and an apathetic supporter base.

Poor management and a disenchanted supporters base it sounds like to me.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Have scanned the previous posts and it looks like some sensible and well thought out comments.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby MatteeG » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:But that is just hypothetical. How many did they get to the game when Walker played ? 8000 or so ?

Another reason I didnt want the AFL ressies involved, was because (much to my shame :) ) a large majority of Bays fans are also cows fans. I dare say a fair chunk of dropped memberships would come from those supporters who used to have a Crows and GFC membership, but now only need their cows membership.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby therisingblues » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Mattee, are you suggesting that they are opting to attend Ravens' games instead of Glenelg's? I must be mistaken, because I never see more than a handful of crows fans when they play Sturt.
I always thought of the Crows as mostly a Glenelg creation, with the coach, training staff and a lot of good players being supplied by the Bays in the beginning, so it's easy to see how there'd be a stack of crows /Glenelg fans.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:10 pm

on the rails wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:But getting back to the topic Rob Gerrard should be taken to task for his comments and sellin false hope that an extra 3000 - 4000 peoplw will turn up to each game. Seldom right and wrong again Rob.

I assume you mean Crows Chairman Rob CHAPMAN as I have never heard Rob Gerard comment on this issue?

Sorry I meant Rob Chapman trying to type while eating lunch and balancing end of month figures at the same time. Multi-tasking as usual!!!

The question still remains where are the 3000-4000 extra people he promised????????
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby southee » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:56 pm

MatteeG wrote:

Another reason I didnt want the AFL ressies involved, was because (much to my shame :) ) a large majority of Bays fans are also cows fans. I dare say a fair chunk of dropped memberships would come from those supporters who used to have a Crows and GFC membership, but now only need their cows membership.

8000 people due to Walker's come back game and the spud Crows fans listening to the Adelaide media BS (like gospel!) building up the game and flock there like flys to $hit :roll:

SANFL do not have that type of exposure anymore via the Adelaide media.

Agree with Matty, know many Bays fans who turned and have gone to buy Crows memberships.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Grahaml » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:10 am

Not sure why the blame for everything goes to the Crows. They didn't vote. Even if they did, hard to say they should do anything but look after themselves. If the Crows' entry has hurt Glenelg then they should look no further than to the closest club who voted "yes". Oddly enough, after all the anger directed at clubs by members, I've not heard of a single one who had their boards replaced on the back of member backlash. Ultimately, if they fall over, Glenelg fans can only blame themselves.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:59 am

Grahaml wrote:I've not heard of a single one who had their boards replaced on the back of member backlash.

North had two replaced three weeks ago at the AGM, almost a third. We're hopng for similar next year too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RustyCage » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:02 am

From all the reserves teams blaming going on in here I take it Glenelg were in making profits year after year before 2014?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:13 am

RustyCage wrote:From all the reserves teams blaming going on in here I take it Glenelg were in making profits year after year before 2014?

Thats not the point, the point is the reserves teams have contributed to clubs going downhill and also contributed to the people who could help turn things around no longer being there.
For eg. I was a part of the Roosters Against Merger group in the 90s, in the early 2000s I organised the Rooster Rally which a lot of people credit helping turn the fortunes of the club around, I've also been a runner up for Volunteer of the Year award, went interstate twice following North, have been a part of the Presidents group twice, I created and ran the clubs official website for years and created a club unofficial site/forum as well as safooty which has helped build/keep interest in the club/comp and used to be a volunteer SANFL acreddited photographer, etc etc.
Thanks to the reserves debacle I wouldn't lift a finger to help North if something happened these days, I struggle to get motivated to travel 5 mins to see them play and I helped organise my daughter a gig as a trainer/physio at South. I only go to games to catch up with mates. I'm sure Glenelg and other clubs have many people like me.

Please don't interpret my post as blowing my own trumpet as I did it all out of love and passion of which I have none now which is a big point of what the point is.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:46 am

Wedgie wrote:
RustyCage wrote:From all the reserves teams blaming going on in here I take it Glenelg were in making profits year after year before 2014?

Thats not the point, the point is the reserves teams have contributed to clubs going downhill and also contributed to the people who could help turn things around no longer being there.
For eg. I was a part of the Roosters Against Merger group in the 90s, in the early 2000s I organised the Rooster Rally which a lot of people credit helping turn the fortunes of the club around, I've also been a runner up for Volunteer of the Year award, went interstate twice following North, have been a part of the Presidents group twice, I created and ran the clubs official website for years and created a club unofficial site/forum as well as safooty which has helped build/keep interest in the club/comp and used to be a volunteer SANFL acreddited photographer, etc etc.
Thanks to the reserves debacle I wouldn't lift a finger to help North if something happened these days, I struggle to get motivated to travel 5 mins to see them play and I helped organise my daughter a gig as a trainer/physio at South. I only go to games to catch up with mates. I'm sure Glenelg and other clubs have many people like me.

Please don't interpret my post as blowing my own trumpet as I did it all out of love and passion of which I have none now which is a big point of what the point is.

Agree it seems to me as though the SANFL reserves has killed a lot of the SANFL clubs most passionate supporters, i definitely believe this to be the case at Centrals.

Unfortunately the 'passionate' supporters are generally the ones who are hurt the most by what they deem as 'betrayal.'

Its also normally these same people that spend the most money at these clubs and are generally huge promoters of their clubs as in Wedgies case.

Its really hard to put a price on what the clubs have lost when they lose some of their most passionate supporters.
whufc
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:09 am

I think the point is that Glenelg has been struggling for a bit but the issue with the AFL reserves coming in has turned away alot of passionate supporters. These are the types of people who the clubs need dueing this time to help save them.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:09 am

stan wrote:

I think the point is that Glenelg has been struggling for a bit but the issue with the AFL reserves coming in has turned away alot of passionate supporters. These are the types of people who the clubs need dueing this time to help save them.

Yep and while people will say its your footy club they need you back etc etc.

Its no different to any other relationship in life, if you feel like you have been ultimately betrayed, not listened to, not important to them you will find it very hard to support them in their time of need.

I feel like im just lucky my club voted NO, while i hate the SANFL and the directors of the clubs because what they have done to the league i do feel sympathy for my club who were against the idea.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:36 am

Round and round ( unlike this place to do that! ) on this one.

It can't be denied the AFL reserves have been the catalyst for people to walk away from the competition, but let's be fair, if you're a Glenelg supporter any excuse to give it away would be one you'd grasp with both hands.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:37 am

stan wrote:

Imagine if the full forward walked away because the coach didn't listen to how he wanted the game plan structured. Goodbye and good riddance.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:40 am

Wedgie wrote:

So the actual blame for the AFL reserves in the SANFL & the ultimate downfall of the SANFL should all be put on the 6 clubs that voted yes & not the crows or power for wanting into the SANFL.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL