ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Tangles » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Trader wrote:Good post Tangles, however a couple of points.

Tangles wrote:The number 11 was appealed against by the Modbury side for timed out, the umpires (probably to their credit in all honesty) agreed the time was up but didn't give him out in the spirit of the game.

Hardly seems like Modbury were completely innocent in this one. Appealing for timed out isn't the greatest move.

Tangles wrote:The league's biggest wage bill clearly doesn't guarantee success. Undefeated in A1, pantsed by a side who wasn't even in the top 4 of A3. That's embarrassing.

145 vs 142 is hardly being 'pantsed'.
Also, as for the A3 call, the 74 runs and 3/24 from your A-grade district / premier league player probably had a slight impact on the match.

Should be a good game on March 6th, might even make the effort to head along.

What would you have done if the batsmen were clearly deliberately wasting time? I'm not sure I'd normally appeal for something like that, but if it was me and the situation was the same, I'd probably be asking the question, if for no other reason than making sure the umpires are aware the slow over rate wasn't all your own doing.

An A3 club, albeit with an A Grade district player, beating an A1 club is pantsed in my book. Sure, that Miller kid had a good game, but there are still 16 other overs to be bowled and to be fair, Pooraka have a very handy batting lineup.

What's happening on March 6?
Tangles
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Tangles » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:38 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:who has been the number 1 players in a1 and a2 this season?

Numbers don't lie;
A1 = Sheikh
A2 = Watson

Not being captain doesn't seem to have affected Watson's game much. The bloke makes runs for fun.
Tangles
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Trader » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:00 pm

Tangles wrote:

Tangles wrote:The number 11 was appealed against by the Modbury side for timed out, the umpires (probably to their credit in all honesty) agreed the time was up but didn't give him out in the spirit of the game.

Hardly seems like Modbury were completely innocent in this one. Appealing for timed out isn't the greatest move.

Tangles wrote:The league's biggest wage bill clearly doesn't guarantee success. Undefeated in A1, pantsed by a side who wasn't even in the top 4 of A3. That's embarrassing.

Also, as for the A3 call, the 74 runs and 3/24 from your A-grade district / premier league player probably had a slight impact on the match.

What would you have done if the batsmen were clearly deliberately wasting time? I'm not sure I'd normally appeal for something like that, but if it was me and the situation was the same, I'd probably be asking the question, if for no other reason than making sure the umpires are aware the slow over rate wasn't all your own doing.

An A3 club, albeit with an A Grade district player, beating an A1 club is pantsed in my book. Sure, that Miller kid had a good game, but there are still 16 other overs to be bowled and to be fair, Pooraka have a very handy batting lineup.

What's happening on March 6?

Yeah, fine line on the time wasting / timed out. No issues making the umpires aware.
Sounds like the umps used a lot of common sense throughout the game (both in terms of not ruling the bat out, and then also not enforcing the 6 runs).

March 6 is the T20 final at Adelaide Oval.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby azzaisbest » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Freaky Tah wrote:outright win too Woody South and Hope Valley pump Ingle Farm, mouth watering clash next week HV and WS mmmmm

tough day in the field for woody south today
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:49 pm

azzaisbest wrote:
Freaky Tah wrote:outright win too Woody South and Hope Valley pump Ingle Farm, mouth watering clash next week HV and WS mmmmm

tough day in the field for woody south today

Thats what happens when you dont have a decent attack
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby carey » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Who was the district player?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Sam Miller from Prospect

Mind you, Pooraka have quite a few Northern Jets players running around
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby thevoice » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:42 am

Massive last round coming up... A2 comp is crazy. Marion almost got outrighted by almost bottom Goodwood. HV must be cheering...Looks like any of about 6 (possibly 7) teams could get relegated... thoughts? who's staying up...
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:12 pm

thevoice wrote:Massive last round coming up... A2 comp is crazy. Marion almost got outrighted by almost bottom Goodwood. HV must be cheering...Looks like any of about 6 (possibly 7) teams could get relegated... thoughts? who's staying up...

Marion have just survived being beaten outright in their last two games. Looking very wobbly. My predictions;
Hope Valley to easily account for Old Scotch, go minor premiers, earn promotion to A1 and win the GF. Scotch batting is poor and they don't have depth in their bowling.
Marion to just beat Unley on the assumption W. Stanborough is back. No W. Stanborough....no Marion
Woodville South will be too strong for ROCs
Port Districts to beat Goodwood
Fulham is beat Pulteney OS easily. Pulteney are the worst team I saw all year
Hectorville and Ingle Farm to tie

Top 4
Hope Valley
Marion
Woodville South
Port Districts

Relegation

Goodwood
Pulteney OS
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:34 am

looking at ladders and results of late what are peoples thoughts on premierships?

A1 pooraka surely wont lose they have brushed off every side this year!

A2 hope valley seem to be having a cracking year and now have jumped marion.. again should go on.

A3 is tough but from what i have seen SHOC have been the best side we have played all year batting, still so close though that a few sides could still be in the finals after this weekend and i still think IF they are to make it trinity could be dangerous.. mitch dearing has been good all year! and if their batting fires anything can happen.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:46 am

Mitchy has been in Beast Mode all season.
Has a nice rivalry going with your Furnell, too ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Mitchy has been in Beast Mode all season.

furnell is a spud... bowls pies he gets smashed in the nets!
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:28 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:looking at ladders and results of late what are peoples thoughts on premierships?

A2 hope valley seem to be having a cracking year and now have jumped marion.. again should go on.

A3 is tough but from what i have seen SHOC have been the best side we have played all year batting, still so close though that a few sides could still be in the finals after this weekend and i still think IF they are to make it trinity could be dangerous.. mitch dearing has been good all year! and if their batting fires anything can happen.

Funny things happen in finals.
PAOC have lost it in years they dominated
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:looking at ladders and results of late what are peoples thoughts on premierships?

A1 Some quality teams in A1, so still lots of work for Pooraka to do. Let's not forget their bats failed to get it done in last year's semi. Anyone can have an off day.

A2 Agree that Hope Valley are the best team in A2. They are well balanced, but Mike Watson is the key.

A3 There is only one team that is guaranteed to play finals and that's Modbury. They beat Pooraka in T20, so they must be favourites for A3
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

A1 Some quality teams in A1, so still lots of work for Pooraka to do. Let's not forget their bats failed to get it done in last year's semi. Anyone can have an off day.

A2 Agree that Hope Valley are the best team in A2. They are well balanced, but Mike Watson is the key.

A3 There is only one team that is guaranteed to play finals and that's Modbury. They beat Pooraka in T20, so they must be favourites for A3

modbury beat them in T20 not 80 overs and not miller isnt there.... thats a big difference! SHOC bowl well and all can make runs
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Executive Member » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:43 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

never seen him at training
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:32 am

Executive Member wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

never seen him at training

Can confirm this, has been sorely missed at Trinity since he left, he bowled a lot of our batsman into form in the nets..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Trader » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:38 am

Agreed, some good finishes to the season.
A1 SPOC need to win to secure the top 4, if they loose, Reynella could potentially catch them with a big win over Goodwood, however 13 points is a lot to catch up in a 1-dayer.

A2 Is interesting, with Port Districts (5th) playing 10th a good chance to jump Unley (4th) who have 2nd placed Marion.

A3 is the best though. Just 77 first innings runs separate 4 teams from 3rd through to 6th. Should be an exciting finish to the season with one side likely to miss out by only a few boundaries.

B1 has another tight tussle with 3rd vs 5th and 4th vs 6th in the last round.

B2 is interesting with 7th placed Goodwood still able to make it with a win over bottom placed Pembroke if 6th placed Hectorville knocks off 4th placed Ingle Farm. 5th placed Brighton have the bye.

B3 is interesting for another reason, with 7th placed Uni still able to finish anywhere between 4th and bottom, depending on results.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby thevoice » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Crystal Ball time......
A1 will see Pooraka beat PAOC in the GF. Previous failures won't happen this year.
A2 Hope Valley will beat Marion in the GF. If Unley snag 3rd, they'd be a big chance to beat Marion first week of finals tho, as the wheels are starting to come off. If you knick McCallister off early, and W Stanborough misses out, there isn't too much left in the batting to worry HV. Watson is the man here though, no one has been able to get him out all year.
A3 SHOC should have too much depth for Modbury in the GF. If McNally fires up you never know tho.
B1 Kilburn will be too strong. They have the best player in the comp by a mile. This kind of bowler win you finals, the bloke can bat too.
B2 Fulham to beat Para Hills or Marion. All three aren't far off each other, but FCC with too much depth and lots of runs in the form guide.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Trader » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:26 pm

thevoice wrote:B1 Kilburn will be too strong. They have the best player in the comp by a mile. This kind of bowler win you finals, the bloke can bat too.

Lost their last two games, and dropped a third early in the season.
I agree as an A-grade playing in a B-grade comp they have a big advantage, but they are certainly a long way from home yet.
Any side that can post 563 in a day has to be a chance come finals, SPOC shouldn't be discounted yet.
Trader
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps