Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:28 pm

bennymacca wrote:Port and Sydney are both shit ok, lets just get that straight :D

Apricot coconut slice

Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice pan. Lightly grease the baking paper.
Pour boiling water over the apricots in a medium bowl; let stand while assembling the rest of the mixture.
Sift flour into a large bowl and add coconut and sugar. Stir in butter, add eggs and milk. Fold through drained apricots.
Spread the mixture into the pan. Bake 30 minutes or until browned and cooked when tested. Cool for 15 minutes in pan before turning onto a wire rack.
In a small bowl, combine icing sugar and lemon juice. To pipe the icing over the slice, place the icing in a medium zip-lock bag. Snip off a very small corner of the bag and drizzle the icing over the slice.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10777 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Delicious
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby JK » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:38 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Port and Sydney are both shit ok, lets just get that straight :D

Apricot coconut slice

Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice pan. Lightly grease the baking paper.
Pour boiling water over the apricots in a medium bowl; let stand while assembling the rest of the mixture.
Sift flour into a large bowl and add coconut and sugar. Stir in butter, add eggs and milk. Fold through drained apricots.
Spread the mixture into the pan. Bake 30 minutes or until browned and cooked when tested. Cool for 15 minutes in pan before turning onto a wire rack.
In a small bowl, combine icing sugar and lemon juice. To pipe the icing over the slice, place the icing in a medium zip-lock bag. Snip off a very small corner of the bag and drizzle the icing over the slice.

For the more advanced members there's enough time to knit a set of oven mitts before removing the pan.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:No problem with us paying all banned players salaries but have a big problem with clubs getting it removed from the salary cap. Especially Port who coerced Ryder into breaking a contract with us.

No no, don't blame Port for Ryder getting out of the clinic.

You took a guy who willingly took part in an injection regime and then want compo, fair enough
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:No problem with us paying all banned players salaries but have a big problem with clubs getting it removed from the salary cap. Especially Port who coerced Ryder into breaking a contract with us.

You took a guy who willingly took part in an injection regime and then want compo, fair enough

We don't want compensation

1 - if the rules say you don't spend it this year you can spend it next year then we should be allowed to do just that.
2 - if it's not our fault he's suspended why should we pay him?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10777 times

Postby marbles » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:49 pm

what a tool
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:06 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

1 - if the rules say you don't spend it this year you can spend it next year then we should be allowed to do just that.

Because you knew there was a fair chance he would be suspended yet you still took the risk. What happened to buyer beware?
If I was a club President there would be no way on earth I would of touched an Essendon player with that hanging over them, some clubs came out and said so straight away. The smart clubs can just wait until end of this year and take them for nothing :D
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:13 pm

JK wrote:
For the more advanced members there's enough time to knit a set of oven mitts before removing the pan.

My grandma came over the other day and gave my 4 month old a crows blanket she has knitted.

Sometimes stereotypes are there because they have an element of truth.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby JK » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:17 pm

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:

My grandma came over the other day and gave my 4 month old a crows blanket she has knitted.

For sure .. Good that you got something useful out of it though
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:[quote="Jim05"]No problem with us paying all banned players salaries but have a big problem with clubs getting it removed from the salary cap. Especially Port who coerced Ryder into breaking a contract with us.

Because you knew there was a fair chance he would be suspended yet you still took the risk. What happened to buyer beware?
If I was a club President there would be no way on earth I would of touched an Essendon player with that hanging over them, some clubs came out and said so straight away. The smart clubs can just wait until end of this year and take them for nothing :D[/quote]
Well there sort of already starting with Freo targeting Hooker.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:

Did she knit it at a game though[emoji1]
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:32 pm

stan wrote:

Not sure he will leave but it's a pretty huge offer and would make you think twice. The only good thing is his contract is up at seasons end so he can't leave for nothing, we would get a first rounder for him so picks 1 and 2 here we come[emoji6]
Jim05
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:

Not sure he will leave but it's a pretty huge offer and would make you think twice. The only good thing is his contract is up at seasons end so he can't leave for nothing, we would get a first rounder for him so picks 1 and 2 here we come[emoji6]

Lol for Hooker. Maybe you should offer to pay half his salary to make sure he goes.
stan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:45 pm

stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:

Lol for Hooker. Maybe you should offer to pay half his salary to make sure he goes.

AFL pretty much has stated that if he took a huge deal like Freo are offering it would put him on a band 1 compo which would be straight after our first round pick. As we are a lock for pick 1 then pick 2 it would be for Cale.
My understanding is he loves Melbourne though and doesn't want to go back to Perth, maybe the Hawks or someone else might throw a bit at him
Jim05
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:47 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:

AFL pretty much has stated that if he took a huge deal like Freo are offering it would put him on a band 1 compo which would be straight after our first round pick. As we are a lock for pick 1 then pick 2 it would be for Cale.
My understanding is he loves Melbourne though and doesn't want to go back to Perth, maybe the Hawks or someone else might throw a bit at him

Freo thinking they can get both hooker and the young forward from GWS in one hit

Pavlich sandilands and the old defender to retire would open salary cap space for them?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Port Adelaide NAB Challenge squad v Richmond
Thursday 10 March, Etihad Stadium, 7.10pm AEDT

1. Travis Boak
3. Jake Neade
5. Matthew Broadbent
7. Brad Ebert
8. Hamish Hartlett
9. Robbie Gray
12. Jackson Trengove
13. Cameron O’Shea
15. Karl Amon
16. Oliver Wines
18. Jimmy Toumpas
19. Matthew White
20. Chad Wingard
22. Charlie Dixon
23. Matthew Lobbe
24. Jarman Impey
27. Alipate Carlile
28. Jay Schulz
29. Jasper Pittard
32. Dougal Howard
33. Darcy Byrne-Jones
36. Jack Hombsch
39. Justin Westhoff
40. Aaron Young
41. Brendon Ah Chee
42. Tom Jonas
46. Sam Gray

Into squad: Dixon, Wingard, Carlile, Howard
Out of last team: Butcher, Polec
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Grahaml » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:

Well, most stereotypes begin as an observation of reality. It becomes a problem with it's not representational or out dated.

But I'm, still struggling with why it seems to be used as an insult. Apricot slice is great and I wish I had some now. Knitting is going out of fashion but that's probably because we can buy clothes from China for 50 cents. The people you're talking about did just happen to grow up in an era where they didn't have a lot because most of the world had spent their resources trying to stop Hitler and Hirohito taking over the world.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby stan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:24 am

Grahaml wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:

Well, most stereotypes begin as an observation of reality. It becomes a problem with it's not representational or out dated.

But I'm, still struggling with why it seems to be used as an insult. Apricot slice is great and I wish I had some now. Knitting is going out of fashion but that's probably because we can buy clothes from China for 50 cents. The people you're talking about did just happen to grow up in an era where they didn't have a lot because most of the world had spent their resources trying to stop Hitler and Hirohito taking over the world.

I wonder if in 50 years we'll be sating the same about Trump.

I blame Port for this.
stan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:00 am

We will be drawn into any conflict on the US side though.

Abbott to make a comeback to be the new Mussolini?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby GWW » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Hartlett a little lucky not to be suspended, but I wont complain.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL