Where to for Glenelg

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Where to for Glenelg

Postby Reddeer » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:42 pm

therisingblues wrote:
cracka wrote:
Magellan wrote:
cracka wrote:If I'm sold a product that turns out to be sh!t, I blame myself for being a gullible dick & buying it, not the person who sold it to me.

I'm not sure it's the right analogy, but nonetheless, what you've said above is correct.

But what if you bought that product on the basis that the shopkeeper pointed a gun at your head and said, "buy this or else"?

That's a new twist, I hadn't heard that a gun was held to 6 different club presidents heads.

Not an actual gun. I do remember threats of "going elsewhere" and using their influence to not only take all their sponsors with them, but also to filch sponsors currently supporting the SANFL and SANFL clubs, and doing all that they can to promote whatever league it is that they landed in, in opposition to the SANFL.
Not exactly a gun, but certainly a threat that had the potential to kill off the SANFL.

Well they have successfully achieved that, when all the real SANFL clubs have gone broke (Which is happening) we can all go and watch the power reserves play the crows reserves for 18 weeks straight and then also in the finals should be Good!!
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:46 pm

Who would of thought it would take 7 pages to explain to a crows fans the anguish/contempt that is caused when you get Stabbed in the back by someone who should know better.

The original proposal was voted against 0-8 by the SANFL.

Two months later approved 6-2 with no changes to the proposal.

If the crows were innocent and just trying to help the SANFL the would of walked after being unanimously told NO.

But they didn't....... They started threatening

Don't like your crows being blamed for the death of the SANFL take it up with Chapman and Trigg. As for Convincing SANFL fans the crows are innocent.

I just don't like your chances tbh.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby JK » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:26 pm

cracka wrote:If I'm sold a product that turns out to be sh!t, I blame myself for being a gullible dick & buying it, not the person who sold it to me.

You're on drugs. If you buy a defective product that's been falsely advertised (like bringing 4,000 people through the gate) you take it back for a refund.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:31 pm

Heard Tim Ginever has signed up as a member for the bays.

Maybe Kane Cornes could be the answer to bring people back to the bay???
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby southee » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:26 pm

JK wrote:

You're on drugs. If you buy a defective product that's been falsely advertised (like bringing 4,000 people through the gate) you take it back for a refund.

Could be a no return policy though ???? :(
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby stan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Heard Tim Ginever has signed up as a member for the bays.

Maybe Kane Cornes could be the answer to bring people back to the bay???

Christ if the chin is there then the bays are well and truly ******.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MatteeG » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:36 pm

Reddeer wrote:[Well they have successfully achieved that, when all the real SANFL clubs have gone broke (Which is happening) we can all go and watch the power reserves play the crows reserves for 18 weeks straight and then also in the finals should be Good!!

There will be 5 **** byes spread between those 18 games too remember....
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:22 am

JK wrote:

But if you still go ahead & buy that defective product knowing or even thinking it will be defective then YOUR on drugs.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:37 am

UK Fan wrote:Who would of thought it would take 7 pages to explain to a crows fans the anguish/contempt that is caused when you get Stabbed in the back by someone who should know better.

The original proposal was voted against 0-8 by the SANFL.

Two months later approved 6-2 with no changes to the proposal.

If the crows were innocent and just trying to help the SANFL the would of walked after being unanimously told NO.

But they didn't....... They started threatening

Don't like your crows being blamed for the death of the SANFL take it up with Chapman and Trigg. As for Convincing SANFL fans the crows are innocent.

I just don't like your chances tbh.

Don't forget the 233 pages of the whinge thread. To be fair the 1st 3 & 1/2 pages of this thread actually stayed on topic.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Magellan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:05 am

cracka wrote:
JK wrote:

But if you still go ahead & buy that defective product knowing or even thinking it will be defective then YOUR on drugs.

That's right. But the seller still bullshitted you. Misleading and deceptive conduct is illegal. On that basis your analogy doesn't paint the Crows in a particularly redeeming light.

The consumer is also entitled to go and tell everyone within earshot that the seller is completely dodgy and should be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately word of mouth doesn't work against one of the state's most well-oiled PR machines.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:03 am

Magellan wrote:
cracka wrote:
JK wrote:

That's right. But the seller still bullshitted you. Misleading and deceptive conduct is illegal. On that basis your analogy doesn't paint the Crows in a particularly redeeming light.

The consumer is also entitled to go and tell everyone within earshot that the seller is completely dodgy and should be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately word of mouth doesn't work against one of the state's most well-oiled PR machines.

It was like buying a car. The buyer did not get the adequate checks done and hence brought the lemon. Considering the history of people like Trigg this needed to done.

But regardless I doubt it would have changed anything. My club was always going to sell out and I doubt it was due to the bullshit it was being fed. Tje Agenda was always there for it.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JK » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:22 am

Don't reckon that's right Stan, Joe was vehemently against it, but someone got to him. As to who, well, there's plenty of theories, but none of them make it right.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:47 am

cracka wrote:
JK wrote:

A) who's allowed to sell a defective product?
B) if you were buying something for the first time how would you know it's defective?

Just admit YOU'RE happy with the arrangement and incapable of holding any form of open minded discussion.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:53 am

As in he is in a state of happiness rather than his actual name being happy.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby norwood8 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:25 am

JK wrote:Don't reckon that's right Stan, Joe was vehemently against it, but someone got to him. As to who, well, there's plenty of theories, but none of them make it right.

That's how low the Crows are and what they were prepared to do to get in. Threatening Joe was a gutless act by a gutless organisation.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:41 am

Get rid of Chiggy and I'll buy a membership.

I've had Sturt, South and West memberships over the years, will be hard to stomach a Gunelg one, but for the greater good....get rid of Chiggy!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:51 am

JK wrote:
cracka wrote:
JK wrote:

A) who's allowed to sell a defective product?
B) if you were buying something for the first time how would you know it's defective?

Just admit YOU'RE happy with the arrangement and incapable of holding any form of open minded discussion.

My opinion can change though which I would think makes me very open minded, can yours. I actually got on triple m & argued against the AFL reserves getting into the SANFL & used some of the points made on here. Was thanked by wedgie IIRC.
cracka
Veteran

Postby JK » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:58 am

Id noticed why someone mentioned your reading difficulties .. I've said numerous times the current setup makes perfect sense for the AFL clubs so perfectly understandable from their perspective. WHUFC post spelled it all out, sure one can haggle over figures but it gets the point across regardless. As to who's to blame, 6 club directors are right up there and no one here has denied it. But the commission taking the soft option and the Crows selling a furphy are almost impossible to argue with adwell I would have thought.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:11 am

JK wrote:Id noticed why someone mentioned your reading difficulties .. I've said numerous times the current setup makes perfect sense for the AFL clubs so perfectly understandable from their perspective. WHUFC post spelled it all out, sure one can haggle over figures but it gets the point across regardless. As to who's to blame, 6 club directors are right up there and no one here has denied it. But the commission taking the soft option and the Crows selling a furphy are almost impossible to argue with adwell I would have thought.

Nah man I can read good.
cracka
Veteran

Postby norwood8 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:37 am

cracka wrote:
JK wrote:Id noticed why someone mentioned your reading difficulties .. I've said numerous times the current setup makes perfect sense for the AFL clubs so perfectly understandable from their perspective. WHUFC post spelled it all out, sure one can haggle over figures but it gets the point across regardless. As to who's to blame, 6 club directors are right up there and no one here has denied it. But the commission taking the soft option and the Crows selling a furphy are almost impossible to argue with adwell I would have thought.

Nah man I can read good.
Attachments
Kurns.png
Kurns.png (216.93 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL