Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:21 pm

C Horse wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Andrew Sincock has stepped down from the SACA Board.

That is significant.
My mail is that he was opposed to cutting a team so by stepping down do we assume that SACA are actually going to go through with this?

I didn't think they'd actually pull the trigger to be honest.

Probably opposed it because it would reduce the number of past player functions he could attend ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 am

C Horse wrote:

That is significant.
My mail is that he was opposed to cutting a team so by stepping down do we assume that SACA are actually going to go through with this?

I figured it might have something to do with that.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Hound » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:21 am

Footy Smart wrote:Tea Tree Gully with 3 Club Championships in a row if my calculations are right :D

No point being the champion club without the 2 day trophy in the cupboard ;)
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Aerie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:40 am

C Horse wrote:

That is significant.

It certainly is significant. Very interesting to see what happens now. Any SACA Board member with a semblance of conscience should be doing the same thing.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 am

I heard Sincock wasn't the only board member to step down.. a couple did.. down to 9 remaining.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Power From Port » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:09 am

The Hound wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Tea Tree Gully with 3 Club Championships in a row if my calculations are right :D

Pretty sure they won that last year champ
Power From Port

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby woodvillewarrior » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Aerie wrote:
C Horse wrote:

That is significant.

It certainly is significant. Very interesting to see what happens now. Any SACA Board member with a semblance of conscience should be doing the same thing.

SACA Board about to look like absolute dogs with what will probably be revealed in the next day or so.
Maybe some jumped shipped because they value their souls.
woodvillewarrior
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Stumps » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:48 pm

Power From Port wrote:
The Hound wrote:

Pretty sure they won that last year champ

"champed" him. Big call
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby C Horse » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:51 pm

woodvillewarrior wrote:
Aerie wrote:
C Horse wrote:

That is significant.

SACA Board about to look like absolute dogs with what will probably be revealed in the next day or so.

More information?
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:54 pm

C Horse wrote:
woodvillewarrior wrote:
Aerie wrote:
C Horse wrote:That is significant.

More information?

My Guess is they have already predetermined who is merging and Monday night was just lip service to all involved.......
heater31

Postby woodvillewarrior » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Good guess, and probably correct.
But it would appear another club and saca have been well and truly involved over many months to a year or two in arranging this.
woodvillewarrior
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:32 pm

SACA press release:

The South Australian Cricket Association (SACA) can today advise that Andrew Sincock has stepped down from his role as Vice President on the SACA Board, effective immediately.

Sincock advised SACA Board Members at last night’s monthly meeting.

Sincock was elected to the SACA Board in 2000 and was elected unanimously as Vice President in 2013.

More recently, Sincock has chaired the Adelaide Strikers Committee since 2013 during a successful period in which the team finished top of the table in consecutive seasons and set new attendance records for the BBL.

“After 40 years in cricket and almost 16 years as a Board Member, the time is right for me to step down in my role,” Sincock said.

“I have always said that if you leave somewhere that is in better shape than when you started, you have done your job; I can certainly step down knowing SACA is in better shape.

“Cricket has provided me with an unforgettable journey as a player, coach and administrator and I want to thank the SACA and the Adelaide Strikers for giving me the opportunity to fulfill my great passion.”

Sincock has been involved with SACA for more than 49 years, first as a player in the State under 16’s before making his first-class debut against Western Australia in 1974.

He played 39 first-class matches for South Australia, taking 98 wickets at an average of 38.94 and made 625 runs at 20.83.

He was the opening bowler for the victorious 1981/82 South Australian Sheffield Shield team.

Sincock was also Head Coach of South Australia from 1997-98 and spent time as the Head Coach of the AIS Commonwealth Bank Cricket Academy where he coached the likes of Greg Blewett, Justin Langer, Damien Martyn and Shane Warne.

SACA President, Andrew Sinclair today said, “On behalf of the Association, I would like to thank Andrew for his outstanding service to cricket in South Australia across almost 50 years.

“Personally, he has been a constant source of support and has provided a strong voice in the SACA Boardroom; his presence will be missed.”
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
C Horse wrote:

That is significant.

Our club president spoke with Evil today. He maintains the merger talks have nothing to do with his decision as its been on his mind for 6 months or more. Much like his playing career (think he finished up playing C's at Kensington?) he simply got out of bed 1 morning last week and thought I don't want to do this anymore. Very much looking forward to having his first summer holiday in 49 years is his words.

Interestingly one SANFL club has approached him already about joining their board.......
heater31

Postby maxi » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:36 pm

heater31 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
C Horse wrote:

That is significant.

Our club president spoke with Evil today. He maintains the merger talks have nothing to do with his decision as its been on his mind for 6 months or more. Much like his playing career (think he finished up playing C's at Kensington?) he simply got out of bed 1 morning last week and thought I don't want to do this anymore. Very much looking forward to having his first summer holiday in 49 years is his words.

Interestingly one SANFL club has approached him already about joining their board.......

University was evils last club
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:08 pm

woodvillewarrior wrote:Good guess, and probably correct.
But it would appear another club and saca have been well and truly involved over many months to a year or two in arranging this.

What do you mean sorry? Which club?

Arranging a merger between two other clubs?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:

Think Woodvillewarrior has said too much already!!

This will be a massive story and is totally disgraceful by SACA (and the Club involved).

Unfortunately cannot give any hints at this stage, just waiting to see the response from SACA re the removal of a club/ merger etc.

Clubs been told will hear the decision by "end of the week", so assuming this means tomorrow?

If this news is bad, then the you know what will hit the fan when this story hits the papers and tv!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

This will be a massive story and is totally disgraceful by SACA (and the Club involved).

Unfortunately cannot give any hints at this stage, just waiting to see the response from SACA re the removal of a club/ merger etc.

Clubs been told will hear the decision by "end of the week", so assuming this means tomorrow?

If this news is bad, then the you know what will hit the fan when this story hits the papers and tv!!

So West Torrens are gone?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby oyster » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Your not wrong. I've heard all about it today when up from the country and in the CBD. Wait until the Tiser and TV stations & pollies get hold of this. Its the talk of the town ATM

Agreed it's a disgrace whats happened. I wonder when the s**t will hit the fan? Sooner rather than later is my guess.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:14 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

So West Torrens are gone?

No!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:57 pm

This is all too cryptic for me
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps