Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:13 am

Psyber wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Isn't there a "non invasive" prostate test now?

The PSA blood test is a rough guide and not very reliable - a basic screening test at most.

Ultrasounds confirmed the enlargement of the gland, but according to the PSA levels my Prostate enlargement should not have been malignant.

My Urologist however was concerned about the rapid rise my repeated PSA levels even though it had not yet risen to the level that makes cancer "probable".
So I got the finger, and when he thought the lower left region was more "rubbery ' in texture than it ought to be, we discussed options and I had a biopsy.
Only the biopsy found the cancer which was confirmed by the post-op pathology.

Is everything fine mate?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Alaska » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:46 am

On the topic.

Vale Martin Crowe who has just died from Cancer.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:54 am

An Australian female olympic rower died at 33.......

That's ridiculous
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:56 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:An Australian female olympic rower died at 33.......

That's ridiculous

Wasn't Sally Robbins was it? She might not be dead, she might just be having a lie down.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby am Bays » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:10 am

Pseudo wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:An Australian female olympic rower died at 33.......

That's ridiculous

Wasn't Sally Robbins was it? She might not be dead, she might just be having a lie down.

She's not dead, she's restin'!

But in all seriousness RIP Sarah Tait.
Last edited by am Bays on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby stampy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:27 am

sarah tait is the rower who has passed
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:29 am

cancer, aged only 33
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:30 am

stampy wrote:sarah tait is the rower who has passed

Yeah I read that, it really hits home that this crap doesn't discriminate. Very sad.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Psyber wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Isn't there a "non invasive" prostate test now?

The PSA blood test is a rough guide and not very reliable - a basic screening test at most.

Ultrasounds confirmed the enlargement of the gland, but according to the PSA levels my Prostate enlargement should not have been malignant.

My Urologist however was concerned about the rapid rise my repeated PSA levels even though it had not yet risen to the level that makes cancer "probable".
So I got the finger, and when he thought the lower left region was more "rubbery ' in texture than it ought to be, we discussed options and I had a biopsy.
Only the biopsy found the cancer which was confirmed by the post-op pathology.

Is everything fine mate?

Yes...

As I said in my first post on the matter (a page back) the surgery was in May 2010 - and as the regular follow up PSA tests since then have detected absolutely no trace of Prostate Specific Antigen that implies there is no stray prostate tissue (as secondary deposits) in my body.
That's where the PSA is useful - if it doesn't find any at all you can relax.

It is very unlikely there will be any problem after 5 years, but I will be having an annual test for life though just to be sure.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Spargo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:23 am

Jon English passing away suddenly.
RIP.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MatteeG » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Those last photos of that fella with his 2 year old son who passed away following 'suspicious' massive brain injuries.

I was a mess looking at them. How the hell do you recover from that?

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/father-of-toddler-darcy-atkinson-shares-last-photos-in-search-for-answers-20160316-gnk9gk.html
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby valleys07 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:38 pm

MatteeG wrote:Those last photos of that fella with his 2 year old son who passed away following 'suspicious' massive brain injuries.

I was a mess looking at them. How the hell do you recover from that?

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/father-of-toddler-darcy-atkinson-shares-last-photos-in-search-for-answers-20160316-gnk9gk.html

Christ.

Give your little ones a bigger hug tonight.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Seeing good mates who care so much about their amateur sport and club get dropped for GF's

Never a nice feeling no matter how low a level sport it is you participate.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:39 pm

whufc wrote:Seeing good mates who care so much about their amateur sport and club get dropped for GF's

Been there, copped that. Bites the big one.

Played all but 2 games in the A's and all of them after Xmas, fellow moved to Melbourne pre-Xmas, had a tearful exit at the Xmas piss up, my best mate ( the captain ) gets over ruled by the vice-captain and club president, I get dropped for the semi-final and the chap from Melbourne returns for the game.

Fair to say the team wasn't in a great space and lost the semi. I'm still best mates with the skipper and I played on at the club for several more seasons.

The club is bigger then the individual, still hurts to this day though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:08 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:Seeing good mates who care so much about their amateur sport and club get dropped for GF's

Played all but 2 games in the A's and all of them after Xmas, fellow moved to Melbourne pre-Xmas, had a tearful exit at the Xmas piss up, my best mate ( the captain ) gets over ruled by the vice-captain and club president, I get dropped for the semi-final and the chap from Melbourne returns for the game.

Fair to say the team wasn't in a great space and lost the semi. I'm still best mates with the skipper and I played on at the club for several more seasons.

Yeah it was sad for our mate, his a geninue d grader and was only picked every week because like at every club there was always a few missing.

Unfortunately it was obvious to everyone but him that once everyone became available that he was going to be the one to be dropped.

As per usual come finals everyone was available and his batting average of 5 and ability not to bowl meant he was always the obvious choice.

He lives and breathes the club and will no doubt be the first one out to pre season training next year and first one to pay his fees but you know it cuts him inside.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby HH3 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Im probably the most qualified to sympathise.

Our Bs have played in 4 consecutive grandies in footy.

First one (dropped after playing 18 regular season games, and killing it in the Semi)

Second one (Played 8 Bs then 10 As during the season, in that order, so was TOO good to drop down. Irony)

Third (Out for the season after Rd 5)

Fourth (Stopped training to persue gridiron midseason. Played out the year in the Cs)

The worst part is the boys only won one out of the four. (Second one) I was always barracking for a win regardless of the fact I was watching instead of playing.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:26 pm

HH3 wrote:Im probably the most qualified to sympathise.

First one (dropped after playing 18 regular season games, and killing it in the Semi)

Second one (Played 8 Bs then 10 As during the season, in that order, so was TOO good to drop down. Irony)

Fourth (Stopped training to persue gridiron midseason. Played out the year in the Cs)

The worst part is the boys only won one out of the four. (Second one) I was always barracking for a win regardless of the fact I was watching instead of playing.

Being in the same boat as you I'm always thinking we will surely have some luck one day.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:30 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
HH3 wrote:Im probably the most qualified to sympathise.

Being in the same boat as you I'm always thinking we will surely have some luck one day.

Footy's taken a backseat now for me anyway. I gave it a 14 year chance.

You played in the win didnt you?
Last edited by HH3 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yeah it was sad for our mate, his a geninue d grader and was only picked every week because like at every club there was always a few missing.

Unfortunately it was obvious to everyone but him that once everyone became available that he was going to be the one to be dropped.

As per usual come finals everyone was available and his batting average of 5 and ability not to bowl meant he was always the obvious choice.

He lives and breathes the club and will no doubt be the first one out to pre season training next year and first one to pay his fees but you know it cuts him inside.

Make sure someone gives him a run as the 12th man for a dozen overs or so ( if he can field), make him feel part of the team
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:01 pm

Got a story along similar lines.

Tomorrow our B grade plays in the ASCA section 3 grand final against Hamilton CC.

One of the blokes that has played all season in that side missed the last round because he went to a wedding and didn't regain his spot in last weeks semi final win and therefore is not playing in the GF. He spat the dummy big time after not being selected for the semi. He was selected as 12th man but told the captain he wasn't going to fulfill that role. I was told his wife messaged the captain telling him that it's bullshit that her husband wasn't selected.

Realistically if we had a full strength A grade and B grade he would have no chance of playing B grade. Honestly he has been lucky that throughout the season our A and B grades have always had ins and outs and unavailabilities every week so he's kept his spot. And now that its finals and the B's were good enough to get there they obviously select the best team available. Being a first/second change bowler and someone who is a genuine number 11 and a liability in the field his spot he simply does not demand a spot in team.

I feel the bloke and he has every right to be angry, he's a committee member, the club treasurer so handles all the financial off field stuff and does an outstanding job but realistically he never gets a gig in the side with the guys available.

It seems as though he unfortunately fails to see that.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion