Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:09 am

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:That wasn't directed at you specifically

I've seen people try and jump on them to set the lights off. But they are a magnetic induction coil so they rely on a big hunk of metal passing above them to work

True, but not entirely, at high traffic intersections at peak hour where sequencing will be programmed to coincide with other intersection in the area to ensure best possible traffic flow. Who works this out I don't know ( well, I do know one Traffic Engineer ) as more often than not it seems to be working to clog up congestion.

Having said that, what's the worst traffic you could encounter in lil'ol Radelaide? :lol:

Dunno, perhaps ask someone who took Kensi Road or Fullarton Road to work this morning :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:20 am

Terrible, terrible way to spend two days a year. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:22 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:That wasn't directed at you specifically

I've seen people try and jump on them to set the lights off. But they are a magnetic induction coil so they rely on a big hunk of metal passing above them to work

True, but not entirely, at high traffic intersections at peak hour where sequencing will be programmed to coincide with other intersection in the area to ensure best possible traffic flow. Who works this out I don't know ( well, I do know one Traffic Engineer ) as more often than not it seems to be working to clog up congestion.

Having said that, what's the worst traffic you could encounter in lil'ol Radelaide? :lol:

Dunno, perhaps ask someone who took Kensi Road or Fullarton Road to work this morning :lol:

I went through Britannia on Monday about 3.30pm and it was awesome. No roundabouts, no intersections....just one lane each way. Straight through.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:07 pm

I drive down Fullarton every day, much prefer this week as I don't have to avoid an accident turning through the Brittania Roundabout. Every week without fail I have a near miss due to inattentive drivers

My favourite one was the guy I watched leading up to the roundabout that did not look right at all, slammed on my skids, he looked at me and started abusing me. Just shook my head
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby therisingblues » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Car parks are small places - having cars banking up behind you, as you'd like to drive off quicker when you leave is stupid.

Plus:
- If you are about to drive out, while I'm trying to reverse out, I can't see your brake lights to know you're leaving
- getting into your boot is hard
- you actually make it harder for me to get in and out of the car, and yourself, because there's less angle for you to open your door.

And this is all because you want to be able to take off quicker.

In many cases I will reverse in because the turning circle on my Camry makes the Titanic look nimble, it is actually easier and quicker to reverse in a tight situation, otherwise I am doing a three point turn to get into a parking bay, and then I'd have to pull a final manoeuvre to get into the middle of the space to leave a space for all doors to be opened. Effectively, a five point turn/ manoeuvre.
In other circumstances the park might be the first one on the near side when turning right into the car-park. Far easier to position yourself with the car's butt facing the space, with your indicator on, and then reverse in to it, than attempting to pull the aforementioned 5 point manoeuvre and holding everyone up. This is true even for my little Hyundai which turns on a dime; in some situations it saves everyone time. To this day there has not been one person who has misunderstood my intent when reversing into a park, either by stealing it ahead of me (eg, if they entered the car-park from the far side and could drive straight in) or honking their horn because they are "confused" (hmmm, if they don't notice the reverse lights and indicator maybe they shouldn't be on the road, or maybe they enjoy the sight of cars performing three point turns in a narrow parking bay? Don't know, I have never happened to me.)
I will also reverse in if there is no one around, and hence no one inconvenienced. As often happens when it is time to leave, there is a lot of traffic, people queuing up waiting for parks. I jump in the car, waiting car notices this, I give a quick wave so they know I am leaving. They wave back, off I go and the traffic goes a bit smoother.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby JK » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:07 pm

When the last leg of your NBA Multi blows a 20 point lead in the last 5 minutes of the game
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Computer Crashed » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:37 am

Having the family take me out for a birthday tea and I end up paying.
WTF.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Ron Burgundy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:27 am

JK wrote:When the last leg of your NBA Multi blows a 20 point lead in the last 5 minutes of the game

Yeah that'd give me the shits.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:42 am

Computer Crashed wrote:Having the family take me out for a birthday tea and I end up paying.
WTF.

Jeez, that's rough.

WTF = Willing to Trade Family.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:47 am

NBN carking it at 7pm yesterday. Internode have no idea what's happened so now its up to the NBN technicians to get it up and running again.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:55 am

What's an NBN?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:07 am

Done race 6, done race 7, half way through race 8 of the Melbourne quaddie and the boss rolls in when he wasn't meant to be here until after 2....now what am I going to do, work?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:23 am

Booney wrote:Done race 6, done race 7, half way through race 8 of the Melbourne quaddie and the boss rolls in when he wasn't meant to be here until after 2....now what am I going to do, work?

If you can do this website all day you can sneak the rest of the quaddie in surely!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:31 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Done race 6, done race 7, half way through race 8 of the Melbourne quaddie and the boss rolls in when he wasn't meant to be here until after 2....now what am I going to do, work?

If you can do this website all day you can sneak the rest of the quaddie in surely!

With the paper spread open across my desk? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:47 am

yeah nah you're f**ked lol
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby carey » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:49 am

The Quaddie tomorrow is easy anyway in what must be said are very average fields IMO

Race 6- #9
Race 7- one of 13,14 or 15. Question marks on class but I'd go with the 14
Race 8- #1 (Good value)
Race 9- #8
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby JK » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Small fields, should have only taken ya 5 minutes ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Gozu » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Aldi.

What overhyped rubbish.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby whufc » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Facebook and ignorant uneducated people who have nothing better to do than critise everything you attempt regardless of the logistics behind it which they have no understanding off

Really makes me want to chuck it all in and just go on the dole

I'm so ******* angry right now
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:49 pm

whufc wrote:Facebook and ignorant uneducated people who have nothing better to do than critise everything you attempt regardless of the logistics behind it which they have no understanding off

Really makes me want to chuck it all in and just go on the dole

I'm so ******* angry right now

Is this to do with the sports centre hammer?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion