Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:This is all too cryptic for me

Unfortunately it has to be for now, too bigger a story. Would be surprised if whispers not around several grade games tomorrow and will horrify everyone what SACA and this Club have done!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby oyster » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

Unfortunately it has to be for now, too bigger a story. Would be surprised if whispers not around several grade games tomorrow and will horrify everyone what SACA and this Club have done!

Horrify is one word to use although I can think of many, many more.
Lets wait and see what happens when this reaches mainstream media?
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:45 pm

oyster wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Horrify is one word to use although I can think of many, many more.
Lets wait and see what happens when this reaches mainstream media?

I'm yet to discover anyone that likes the club in question apart from themselves....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Why can't people say?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:23 pm

Looks like TTG, Sturt, Southern District and Kensington in the four.

TTG vs Kens @ TTG
Sturt vs SD @ Sturt

I wonder if state players will be available?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:02 pm

Interesting article on Page 2 of the Sunday Mail. Former Prospect president fell down the stairs outside their clubrooms carrying a carton of drinks and hurt himself. Is now suing his club.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby oldeagle » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:40 pm

This sounds so bizarre surely it couldn't be true. West Torrens to merge with Woodville and then University to rejuvenate their playing fields opposite the Airport and start up juniors.
oldeagle
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby ferret » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:52 pm

Why isn't the University cricket club heading for demotion to the second division. No juniors. Have they ever developed a junior from scratch to represent the state!!!

Why would club/clubs with a history of developing juniors be garrotted in favour of a regime with no proven track record in producing juniors.

Come on SACA stop playing a game and tell the public what the real agenda is.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:52 pm

That can't possibly be true?

Too many clubs in the western suburbs... need to get rid of one... then plonk a new club right in the middle? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Cannot possibly true if there is a shred of integrity at board level.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby ferret » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:04 pm

It was like a scene from the outback at Prospect on Saturday. Before the final slug could be put in the Western Eagles head, the vultures had already gathered firstly trying to attack the fledgling's parents and then the vulnerable youngsters, a total disgrace and a dog of an act. What is the SACA doing about protecting the three clubs they have put in this invidious position.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:That can't possibly be true?

Too many clubs in the western suburbs... need to get rid of one... then plonk a new club right in the middle? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Cannot possibly true if there is a shred of integrity at board level.

Now you know Tony why not much could be said!

Disgraceful act by SACA and Uni, been confirmed by West Torrens Council.

The SACA board should be ashamed, hence the resignations by people with morals. How many people left on board with "Uni connections", reckon I counted three or four? Conflict of interest?

Makes the next couple of weeks very interesting!

(Heard another rumour last night that the Adelaide Crows are taking over Uni's oval as want to be closer to Adelaide Oval, may have something to do with it).
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Aerie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:20 pm

What a mess.

Only saving face for SACA would be if West Torrens merge with Woodville or Port. How much money would SACA be willing to throw at this to sweep what has happened under the carpet? Uni then just replace West Torrens, as if nothing happened. My thought is that is a weaker outcome for the good of cricket in the western suburbs. West Torrens is an established club with excellent facilities, a great program and a terrific group of volunteers, who just happen to be based where Uni want to be.

Things need to change at the SACA. The way this has been handled by SACA is a disgrace.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:29 pm

This has obviously been brewing for years. The use/development of those vacant fields went out to tender 5+ years ago. Sporting bodies had to put forward proposals for how they would be utilised.

How does a "vote of no confidence" get implemented? Grade cricket (and any cricket supporter in SA) can't sit idly by and allow this to happen.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:This has obviously been brewing for years. The use/development of those vacant fields went out to tender 5+ years ago. Sporting bodies had to put forward proposals for how they would be utilised.

How does a "vote of no confidence" get implemented? Grade cricket (and any cricket supporter in SA) can't sit idly by and allow this to happen.

Vote of no confidence has been discussed, but such a big move. The three clubs involved may have to get together and do something to save their Clubs.

This is why we have never trusted SACA with anything they have said to us over the last nine months or so since they first raised it.

Believe there is a Delegates meeting tomorrow night where some curly questions may be asked, will be interesting what replies they make up, I mean, give.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby oldeagle » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:04 pm

$500000 the number being thrown around as a sweetener.
oldeagle
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Heard Northerns pom was up to his old tricks yesterday against Sturt. Been carrying something in his pocket all year, everyone wondering how he can swing the ball so much. After Uni complained couple of weeks ago (have seen the picture of the ball, amazing), the umpires finally caught him and been reported for ball tampering. Hope they throw the book at him and don't let the cheat back to play next year. Karma meant they missed the finals after being in second spot about a week ago! Rumours of his captain knowing about it all year just as disturbing, no wonder he can't make a run at higher level!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Heard Northerns pom was up to his old tricks yesterday against Sturt. Been carrying something in his pocket all year, everyone wondering how he can swing the ball so much. After Uni complained couple of weeks ago (have seen the picture of the ball, amazing), the umpires finally caught him and been reported for ball tampering. Hope they throw the book at him and don't let the cheat back to play next year. Karma meant they missed the finals after being in second spot about a week ago! Rumours of his captain knowing about it all year just as disturbing, no wonder he can't make a run at higher level!

Ever since East Torrens got caught and had to serve suspensions its been a hot topic with the umpires. I believe Adelaide were told to watch themselves when throwing the ball into the keeper yesterday.....

That's now 2 Poms busted (the first one caught is now also a County Club captain....) and the Northerns skipper is a county club captain, me thinks we have found the problem......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby woodvillewarrior » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:21 pm

As I originally said, big story but it is out now.
Should be an interesting Grade Cricket meeting tomorrow night.

Word around town is an Adelaide Uni Manager in charge of information for the project confirmed Uni will have SACA juniors and SACA juniors to play at the oval in summer along with ATCA to a local residents phone call.
Also confirmed by other members of Adelaide Uni Sporting Departments.

Also interesting in the SACA board is down to 8 + Grade Cricket Chairman
Phillips played for Uni, Adcock played for Uni, not sure about Andrew Hilditch but son plays at Uni.
Sinclair from Victoria?
And without being seen to disrespect the women, I would think the blokes on the Board have a bit more to say on the Grade Cricket issue.
Having said that, Grade Cricket Chairman is from Glenelg as is Sally Niehuus who SACA obvious have a powerful relationship with.
Doesn't leave many voting members without what some might say is a conflict or pressure.

I believe the Premier of the State may have been with a prominent person from a western suburbs cricket club today as well.

uniplayingfields.PNG
uniplayingfields.PNG (229.98 KiB) Viewed 5302 times

And it is amazing how easy it is to get hold of public information.
woodvillewarrior
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:14 am

Off current topic but here's a curly one for you gentlemen.

2nd day of a game 4th innings, scores are tied at the end of the allotted overs, batting team is only 7 wickets down. Is the game classified as a tie or just a win on 1st innings?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:25 am

I reckon win on first innings, Daisy.
Only a tie if scores are level and all wickets down.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps