Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:46 am

Hyundai's tend to be a bit gutless and under normal circumstances you woudn't buy a Kia, however friends of mine have a Kia people mover and they reckon that their engines in their bigger cars have been known to last one million kilometres!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Currently test driving a Skoda Octavia Scout 132TSi

1.8lt turbo charge AWD. I'm looking for more practical than balls to the wall fun ( this still has both :lol: ) while maintaining a budget.

If you look closely, the Skoda range is a VW underneath ( or in some cases Audi ) and this one is pretty much an All-Track VW Passat underneath. Ride is great, handles well, goes when the turbo punches in and if the man can talk turkey, I'm in.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews ... rive-31472
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:24 pm

lol. bagging Jeep reliability and then loooking at another vehicle from the VW group. not sure they have the squeakiest record there Boon. didnt you post a while ago about your disappointment with "dieselgate"?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:40 pm

tipper wrote:lol. bagging Jeep reliability and then loooking at another vehicle from the VW group. not sure they have the squeakiest record there Boon. didnt you post a while ago about your disappointment with "dieselgate"?

No issue with the reliability of the VW mate, "dieselgate" will only have a negative impact upon the views of people who haven't educated themselves on the issue.So, while it has impacted upon my resale value (that was my grizzle) as Nevill Nextdoor is wary, the car is fine. Reliability is no issue at all.

( I'm sorry you bought a Jeep ;) )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:lol. bagging Jeep reliability and then loooking at another vehicle from the VW group. not sure they have the squeakiest record there Boon. didnt you post a while ago about your disappointment with "dieselgate"?

No issue with the reliability of the VW mate, "dieselgate" will only have a negative impact upon the views of people who haven't educated themselves on the issue.So, while it has impacted upon my resale value (that was my grizzle) as Nevill Nextdoor is wary, the car is fine. Reliability is no issue at all.

Yep. I have a jeep. And it must be the worst one on the road. Not a single problem with it yet. Ill have to get onto them about it wont i? and i think you are forgetting about VW groups other reliability issues. the early dsg's etc. while no brand is blameless anymore, vw are far from the best of the bunch

edit, also no need to be sorry. it is the worst handling, slowest yet still the best vehicle i have ever owned (we have the wrangler). however we didnt buy it for onroad. and i am yet to see a stock standard 4 wheel drive beat it offoroad.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:16 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yep. I have a jeep. And it must be the worst one on the road. Not a single problem with it yet. Ill have to get onto them about it wont i? and i think you are forgetting about VW groups other reliability issues. the early dsg's etc. while no brand is blameless anymore, vw are far from the best of the bunch

edit, also no need to be sorry. it is the worst handling, slowest yet still the best vehicle i have ever owned (we have the wrangler). however we didnt buy it for onroad. and i am yet to see a stock standard 4 wheel drive beat it offoroad.

Your words, not mine. :lol:

In brief, that's the first good Jeep story I've heard and may it long remain that way and I've known several disgruntled owners ( one went the whole hog at $60,000+ and lost about $15,000 in a two year hate-hate relationship ) while VW have had issues ( as noted, all cars do ) they have been well respected for a long time for top quality engineering.

Don't get me wrong, the Grand Cherokee offers much more kit than it's competitors in the same price range, if that's what you've got I understand why. That or a base model Outlander? Jeep, thanks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Just saw the edit, the Wrangler is made in Ohio where the old Willys jeeps were made, tough as nails. The Grand Cherokee is made in old motor city, Detroit, which has for many years been on the decline economically and in it reputation for car production.

Almost two different beasts with the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee....( if I were you, I'd say I've got a Willys :lol: )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Booney wrote:Just saw the edit, the Wrangler is made in Ohio where the old Willys jeeps were made, tough as nails. The Grand Cherokee is made in old motor city, Detroit, which has for many years been on the decline economically and in it reputation for car production.

Almost two different beasts with the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee....( if I were you, I'd say I've got a Willys :lol: )

nah, its just easier to call it the Jeep. no one would believe me anyway if i told them i had a family size Willy ;)

and i realise they are two very different vehicles, the wrangler still has a solid front axle and actual ladder chassis! (both reasons i wanted one, that and going topless) they can still have their issues though.

personally i think that Jeeps biggest problem (apart from the previous australian boss allegedly embezzling millions of dollars) is their after sales support. the way they reportedly deal with customers that have had issues, needs to be better.

they have treated me pretty well though, and everytime i have dealt with the service area i have gone in with open eyes. no complaints yet (and no, they arent paying me to defend them, although if they wanted to id be open for discussion ;))
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby norwood8 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:28 pm

The international women's day promotional stuff EVERYWHERE at work/on social media. Definitely went overboard with ramming it down everyones throat.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:00 pm

norwood8 wrote:The international women's day promotional stuff EVERYWHERE at work/on social media. Definitely went overboard with ramming it down everyones throat.

Triple J only had female presenters & female artists/bands all day.
I didn't mind it, having said that I'm married with two daughters, a female dog, female fish, bird...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby norwood8 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Spargo wrote:
norwood8 wrote:The international women's day promotional stuff EVERYWHERE at work/on social media. Definitely went overboard with ramming it down everyones throat.

Triple J only had female presenters & female artists/bands all day.
I didn't mind it, having said that I'm married with two daughters, a female dog, female fish, bird...

So you come on here to get a word in? :lol:
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:53 am

Phone did a factory reset last night and for some reason completely wiped my external SD card. FFS.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Ash Man » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
Booney wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Car shopping

YES!

Looking at upgrading a little and to be honest, I've never shopped in the price bracket I'm looking at and it has opened up so much I simply don't know what to look at.

I'm going to drive a Skoda Octavia RS tomorrow ( it's a Golf GTi in sheeps clothing ) as they have some pretty speccy deals on at the moment. Free auto, 12 months rego, free on roads, 5 year RAA membership, 5 year unlimited warranty, 3 year capped price servicing....

I'm also looking at a Commodore SV6, '15 model this week. I've taken a Passat R36 wagon for a spin.....I've looked at the Ford Ranger.....just can't make up my mind!

Mine is a lease for work, has to be between $50-$70K or not worth doing.
Really like the Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk but also been looking at the Outback Premium, just getting more and more confused!
Need something that can tow and be comfortable enough for road trips to Alice/Darwin

Subaru Outback all the way, Jeeps are shit.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/jeep_grand-cherokee_2015-vs-subaru_outback_2015

Test drove the Subaru Outback 3.6R today, WOW!
I've had 2 Liberty's before but the 6cyl Boxer is amazing.
But I also drove a WRX while there, not as practical but basically the same price!
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:04 pm

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:57 am

Preparing for a house inspection
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:27 pm

True story: I had to give myself an enema last night.

Mission accomplished.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:47 am

Failed Creation wrote:True story: I had to give myself an enema last night.

Mission accomplished.

So you gave yourself the shits :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:17 am

I have 2 staff on Annual Leave and then my secretary calls in sick.
So running the joint by myself, broke the forklift and just tried to staple an EFTPOS receipt to an invoice with my mouse in front of a customer.
Screw it, I'm shutting up at lunchtime and diverting the phone.
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Spargo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:30 am

The Ash Man wrote:I have 2 staff on Annual Leave and then my secretary calls in sick.
So running the joint by myself, broke the forklift and just tried to staple an EFTPOS receipt to an invoice with my mouse in front of a customer.
Screw it, I'm shutting up at lunchtime and diverting the phone.

...and going straight to the pub.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MatteeG » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:30 am

Failed Creation wrote:True story: I had to give myself an enema last night.

Mission accomplished.

helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion