Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Off The Wall wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Wheres Lehmann (ND), Gillespie (Adel) and Blewett (ET or Pros) . all played post 99/00, any other obvious ones that have been missed

Seems that report was made last year to highlight what players have debuted in the last 15 years. Lehmann, Blewett and the like were all well before that

Ah ok.
Just out of interest, who would be accredited with developing Blewett? Reckon most of his junior years were at PAC/ Cricket Academy, very little district cricket
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby oyster » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:34 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Off The Wall wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Wheres Lehmann (ND), Gillespie (Adel) and Blewett (ET or Pros) . all played post 99/00, any other obvious ones that have been missed

Seems that report was made last year to highlight what players have debuted in the last 15 years. Lehmann, Blewett and the like were all well before that

Ah ok.
Just out of interest, who would be accredited with developing Blewett? Reckon most of his junior years were at PAC/ Cricket Academy, very little district cricket

Blewett played a lot of cricket for Prospect. He played B grade and then A grade district cricket. Prospect, should get the credit for Greg Blewett. I remember watching my son playing against Blewett in a B grade game at Prospect Oval. I played against his dad Bob in the late 60's or early 70's, when he was at East Torrens.
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Burras » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:18 pm

Tips for the weekend?

TTG and Sturt for me
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:24 am

Burras wrote:Tips for the weekend?

TTG and Sturt for me

You would think so. At least Kensington and Southern both won the toss, so wont have the farce of last year where TTG batted Kensy out of game by batting for 140 overs and making nearly 500!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby heater31 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:18 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

TTG and Sturt for me

You would think so. At least Kensington and Southern both won the toss, so wont have the farce of last year where TTG batted Kensy out of game by batting for 140 overs and making nearly 500!

Kensignton obviously learnt from last year winning the toss.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Aerie » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:21 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

TTG and Sturt for me

They can still just block the remaining overs with no intention of making the runs if they want to. At least both teams get a hit I guess. Kensington playing with 14 players on my cricket scorecard. Might force TTG to hit over the fielders if they do want to score runs.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 505 times

Postby oyster » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:50 pm

I know its been asked before on here. But why on earth have the SACA singled West Torrens out along with Port and Woodville as a club to get rid of?
It just makes no sense to have West Torrens on the list of 3 to get rid of. It staggers me how the SACA have even considered West Torrens.
WT are probably the most successful club over the last 20 years.
Their junior set up is second to none and yet the SACA still have West Torrens in the gun.
Staggering how one of the truly most professional and successful clubs of the SACA is even mentioned as one to get rid of.
Why aren't Adelaide, Adelaide University and especially Prospect in that list? They've been hugely unsuccessful and not even mentioned. Disgrace
oyster
Rookie

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:56 pm

heater31 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

TTG and Sturt for me

Kensignton obviously learnt from last year winning the toss.....

That is a very good point Heater!! At least this year they have been more positive and can declare if needed.

Southerns cruising at 0/98, lose 3/0!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby C Horse » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:56 pm

oyster wrote:I know its been asked before on here. But why on earth have the SACA singled West Torrens out along with Port and Woodville as a club to get rid of?
It just makes no sense to have West Torrens on the list of 3 to get rid of. It staggers me how the SACA have even considered West Torrens.

Dead set mate, haven't you read the last 15 pages on this forum?
WT are in the gun because they are broke and they've got a shit ground run by a football club that wants them out.
Their neighbouring clubs are financially sound and have better facilities.

Define 'success'
One premiership in donkeys years
WT produced state players in last 10 yrs - J Smith, K Smith, George
Decent, but if that makes them the most successful club then I'm Japanese. (I'm not).

Yeah they've got good juniors but given they got relocated and inherited other clubs fertile areas and largely ignored country zone boundaries why wouldn't they?
Look at the present on field they've finished in the 12th or 13th in 2 of the last 3 seasons.
They won one game this year and unfortunately it's a bad year to be bad.
Their administration has hit the panic button with both hands because they know they have serious shortcomings.
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:46 am

You have no idea C Horse. Financially sound with money in the bank, consistent small profits and no debt. Facilities are excellent. Football club relationship fine. Henley has always been West Torrens area. The main problem is West Torrens, Woodville and Port don't have any representation on the SACA board!

How will Glenelg and Woodville (or merged WWT cricket if it happens) go when the Glenelg and Eagles SANFL clubs die. Both making massive losses and SANFL is going from bad to worse.
Aerie
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:34 am

C Horse wrote:
oyster wrote:I know its been asked before on here. But why on earth have the SACA singled West Torrens out along with Port and Woodville as a club to get rid of?

Dead set mate, haven't you read the last 15 pages on this forum?
WT are in the gun because they are broke and they've got a shit ground run by a football club that wants them out.
Their neighbouring clubs are financially sound and have better facilities.

Define 'success'
One premiership in donkeys years
WT produced state players in last 10 yrs - J Smith, K Smith, George
Decent, but if that makes them the most successful club then I'm Japanese. (I'm not).

Yeah they've got good juniors but given they got relocated and inherited other clubs fertile areas and largely ignored country zone boundaries why wouldn't they?
Look at the present on field they've finished in the 12th or 13th in 2 of the last 3 seasons.
They won one game this year and unfortunately it's a bad year to be bad.
Their administration has hit the panic button with both hands because they know they have serious shortcomings.

And what club are you affiliated with? I'm guessing by your name is it Glenelg?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:52 am

Aerie wrote:You have no idea C Horse. Financially sound with money in the bank, consistent small profits and no debt. Facilities are excellent. Football club relationship fine. Henley has always been West Torrens area. The main problem is West Torrens, Woodville and Port don't have any representation on the SACA board!

How will Glenelg and Woodville (or merged WWT cricket if it happens) go when the Glenelg and Eagles SANFL clubs die. Both making massive losses and SANFL is going from bad to worse.

No point taking any notice of C Horse, everything he writes on here is dribble! He has some real issues with West Torrens, reckon he has lost a fair few times to them over the years to be so bitter!!

Aerie summed it up perfectly, Henley Oval one of the better places to play at, and the most important thing, we do the best Afternoon teas in the comp (speak to your Bay players from A Grade when they came - were gob smacked!).

SACA plan on going to 10 teams in couple of years, so other Clubs will be in same boat soon, so don't get too smug. Is no fault of the Club, just being pushed by Bradshaw big time.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:SACA plan on going to 10 teams in couple of years, so other Clubs will be in same boat soon, so don't get too smug. Is no fault of the Club, just being pushed by Bradshaw big time.

Why has no one taken into account here with out factoring off field factors (money in the bank, facilities etc) West Torrens having a superior junior catchment compared to the other 2 clubs? From where I see things SACA is trying to pair up one of the weaker ones (Port and Woodville) with a stronger one. It just so happens that West Torrens share a boundary with both clubs.

As for further changes, I don't necessarily think it would be more club reductions but rather a club being asked to change its address to another location to a near the metro area. However, this is at least 10 years away IMO. We have the least amount of Premier Cricket Clubs behind Hobart with 8 clubs for roughly 220,000 people yet Adelaide can't sustain 12 with nearly 6 times more people.
heater31

Postby oyster » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Aerie wrote:You have no idea C Horse. Financially sound with money in the bank, consistent small profits and no debt. Facilities are excellent. Football club relationship fine. Henley has always been West Torrens area. The main problem is West Torrens, Woodville and Port don't have any representation on the SACA board!

No point taking any notice of C Horse, everything he writes on here is dribble! He has some real issues with West Torrens, reckon he has lost a fair few times to them over the years to be so bitter!!

Aerie summed it up perfectly, Henley Oval one of the better places to play at, and the most important thing, we do the best Afternoon teas in the comp (speak to your Bay players from A Grade when they came - were gob smacked!).

SACA plan on going to 10 teams in couple of years, so other Clubs will be in same boat soon, so don't get too smug. Is no fault of the Club, just being pushed by Bradshaw big time.

I'm glad someone else took C. Horse to task. I can't believe that West Torrens is in the gun. A fantastic cricket club that has been hugely successful over a long period of time, with the best junior set up of any grade club. C. Horse if from Glenelg, shouldn't be so smug as they have been handed everything from the SACA and have been a major failure for a long time. Their record over recent times is poor.
oyster
Rookie

Postby C Horse » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Geez didn't need to leave the line in long to catch all the big WT loving fish there.
Think there is a few on here that have a far higher opinion of WT than majority of people would.

I've been actively involved in this competition for the best part of 20 years and to be honest in that time I just don't see West Torrens as a 'powerhouse' or hugely successful club. They are just a club, nothing special - I think Henley Oval is not a great ground to play at with the visitors change rooms, outfield, sightscreens and the club rooms themselves definitely ranking in the bottom half of grade grounds. Yet they've got "great facilities". Please.

Last two senior coaches sacked mid season (inside 3 years), a 12th and 13th place finish in that same time, good young players consistently leaving - it's not a "mighty" club like I keep reading on here.

Kensington is a successful club.
Tea Tree Gully is a successful club.

WT hang their hat on juniors but so what if you've got heaps of under 14s - win comps and produce state players that's what Grade cricket is about.
In QLD, VIC, NSW (the 3 most successful states) grade clubs don't have juniors except for carnival teams like our Bank SA shield.

Anyway that should give you all enough to have another go.
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:48 am

so no scores from the semis, just talk about who's dick is bigger, sums up the current grade set up.
FFS just start a new grade comp and invite 8 clubs to partake, problem solved, doesnt matter what uni and all those legal twats do then
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby oldeagle » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:22 am

Southern's offie ripped Sturt a new one.
oldeagle
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:20 am

daysofourlives wrote:so no scores from the semis, just talk about who's dick is bigger, sums up the current grade set up.
FFS just start a new grade comp and invite 8 clubs to partake, problem solved, doesnt matter what uni and all those legal twats do then

Nice to see your contribution to the current subject then..... :roll:
heater31

Postby The Hound » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:27 am

I dont agree that WT should be in the firing line however if your board had the big ones Aerie their would not be an official of WT still wearing WT apparel after a certain incident and especially around juniors. The financials look good on paper but are a bit like my cricket stats, doesn't give you the full story
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Aerie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Anyway... Good to see Southern District make the final. Thought Kensington had TTG in trouble, but the champion sides always find a way. Port snuck one past TTG a few years ago, can SD do the same?
Aerie
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps