North Adelaide, a total embarassment :oops: :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3706 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Re: Round 1 Centrals vs North

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Feel sorry for the Chooks fans, listened to patches and they sound like a deadset rabble. At least they can sleep comfortably at night knowing their club is the most profitable in the comp
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Magellan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Josh Carr, welcome to the jungle.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:51 pm

Jim05 wrote:Feel sorry for the Chooks fans, listened to patches and they sound like a deadset rabble. At least they can sleep comfortably at night knowing their club is the most profitable in the comp

They will find a way to find fault in that too.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Robran » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Magellan wrote:Josh Carr, welcome to the jungle.

I'm not sure what Josh can do TBH this list is crap, but in saying that surely he has a style he wants them to play and if that was it today we r dead set screwed, ok were not going to win every game and yes it's only rd 1 but at least try play a attractive brand that at least excites the supporters that have to sit there and watch. There was no plan when the dogs got a run on in fact it got worse no plan to stop the bleeding as such or say f@ck this let's throw everything we hAve at it and see where that holds us. Funnily enough I was sitting to a chap that said he was the chairman of selectors at the cocks last year and he said the following things to me the team has problems listening to instruction, Edwards time was up 2 years ago, mcgregor was being stabbed in the back real early in the season last year before his sacking. And the players don't really care for the Guernsey to much as a true NTH adelaide support that hurt a lot I wonder why we r in this predicament. A plus was the young lad with the hair real impressive and put his head over the footy all day unlike A lot of other players.. Never right the dogs off totally awesome today and there supporters should be buzzing for this season
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:11 pm

And people thought I was being pessimistic picking Central by 83!
At least it was easy money with the line being 25!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Robran wrote:

I'm not sure what Josh can do TBH this list is crap, but in saying that surely he has a style he wants them to play and if that was it today we r dead set screwed, ok were not going to win every game and yes it's only rd 1 but at least try play a attractive brand that at least excites the supporters that have to sit there and watch. There was no plan when the dogs got a run on in fact it got worse no plan to stop the bleeding as such or say f@ck this let's throw everything we hAve at it and see where that holds us. Funnily enough I was sitting to a chap that said he was the chairman of selectors at the cocks last year and he said the following things to me the team has problems listening to instruction, Edwards time was up 2 years ago, mcgregor was being stabbed in the back real early in the season last year before his sacking. And the players don't really care for the Guernsey to much as a true NTH adelaide support that hurt a lot I wonder why we r in this predicament. A plus was the young lad with the hair real impressive and put his head over the footy all day unlike A lot of other players.. Never right the dogs off totally awesome today and there supporters should be buzzing for this season

I thought Carr said at the AGM he was implementing a fast running type game plan (IIRC). No sign of this, then?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Robran wrote:

So Josh had no input into the list?
Wasn't it him that sent LJ packing?
Seems you lost a few in the offseason but havnt appeared to recruit well, isn't that a part of the coaches job?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Robran » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:17 pm

Magellan wrote:
Robran wrote:

I thought Carr said at the AGM he was implementing a fast running type game plan (IIRC). No sign of this, then?

Hell no we were to scared to bring the ball back through the corridor to start with fast running was the last thing I witnessed unless u mean fast running chasing centrals players in the forward 50 trying to tackle to stop another goal.
GO THE COCKS
Robran
League - Best 21

Postby Bounce of the ball » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Round 1 . How did Nathan Bassets first four games go ?

Who was the Chairman of selectors at North last year ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Robran wrote:

Seems you lost a few in the offseason but havnt appeared to recruit well, isn't that a part of the coaches job?

Correct. Josh said he was happy with the list.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Bounce of the ball » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:23 pm

Of course he will he wont want to be seen as making excuses.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Robran » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Robran wrote:

Correct. Josh said he was happy

I was excited by getting Josh to the club this year, by saying not sure what he could have done today I mean centrals were awesome and I don't think who ever was in charge could have stopped the dogs today if we have the same shit for the next few weeks then he has some serious questions to answer. Simple as this today NAFC players looked like amautuers running around in a local oval having a kick with no care in the world with what the result may be.
GO THE COCKS
Robran
League - Best 21

Postby ChickCock » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Great effort today to start the new season Cockless !
ChickCock
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby StrayDog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Quality of opponent aside, that's the first time that the 'Dogs have started the season with a win since 2010.
Last edited by StrayDog on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby cennals05 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:16 pm

I really wasn't expecting that. I saw the trial game against Glenelg and we were woeful. Our skill level compared to last year seems to have improved. Thought all the new recruits looked good. One of the bigger crowds at Elizabeth in the last couple of years. I would say around 4000-4500.

Happy for a big win, but it's only round one.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL