HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby youngpace » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:07 pm

cracka wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:
cracka wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Was a bit surprised u15's in the HFL still use a synthetic undersized ball, has this always been the case?

Yep. Its purely a cost issue. IMO that age should be using the leather ball.

Cost issue? Several Hills Clubs would have spent $40,000 plus on player payments in recent years and will spend the limit under the new rules yet can't "afford" to pay the difference for a maximum of 2 leather size 4 Match balls compared to synthetic balls. If the reason was the wet and muddy conditions encountered in the Hills FL coupled with the early start time for U15 then fair enough, but if it is truly a cost issue then the clubs and the HFL must be kidding themselves.

Sorry, forgot about the wet muddy ground argument, which was also mentioned. This was about 4 years ago when it was discussed so my memory of it isn't the best. The cost issue argument came from clubs in div 2 who were struggling for junior numbers.

Those kids need to use a undersized ball as they are still under sized. To suggest they use a larger heavier ball is in my opinion rather silly. The smaller synthetic ball allows them to develop proper ball handling skills as opposed to struggling to manage what the men use
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Tanka » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Anyone on here know why the league has suddenly awarded all teams 2 extra points for players this year?? I believe that now puts Blackwood and Hahndorf on the maximum 15 points to be able to recruit players when they have huge senior numbers and junior numbers as it is.
Last edited by Tanka on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:44 pm

I am not sure why the league have given everyone 2 extra points tanka.
but it is my understanding that the allocation of points is based on the previous two years results.
so Hahndorf would have had 13 because it finished bottom the year before.

Having said that just about all of their recruits came with zero points because they were junior players at the club.
eg: Matsen, Wyld, Jaensch,
footytragic001971
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby wonder_kid » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:44 pm

Scrap the points system i say its always changed and manipulated !! The salary cap should be enough on its own!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby chopper7 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:59 am

Tanka wrote:Anyone on here know why the league has suddenly awarded all teams 2 extra points for players this year?? I believe that now puts Blackwood and Hahndorf on the maximum 15 points to be able to recruit players when they have huge senior numbers and junior numbers as it is.

3-4 clubs across the 2 division had applied for more points so the league 'trying' to be fair just gave every club 2 points instead. It is an absolute joke, in December I seem to remember the HFL getting harder on points and clubs applying for extra and they have folded once again. What makes it worse is Onkas want the 2 points from the HFL but they have also applied for 2 extra from the CFL so they can essentially play with 17 points. You've got to be kidding me!!! Each club knows how many points they are allocated early into the pre season so it isn't like they are blind sided by it all. To me it shows pretty poor recruiting management by these clubs if they are continuesly applying for more points!

Who has trail games this week?
chopper7
Under 16s

Been liked: 24 times

Postby tkjm02 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:04 pm

Is inter league dead or would you like to see it bigger and better?
tkjm02
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Punches » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:07 pm

Hahndorf are playing Seaton on Saturday.

Personally I'd love to see interleague bigger and better
Punches
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:18 pm

i think the interleague idea is very similar to the state of origin idea.
everyone things it is a great idea, but no one wants their players to play for risk of getting hurt!!!
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Interleague is admirable, but its time is over. Playing for your league doesnt have as much influence or following with the younger brigade of players anymore and footytragic you are right, players (and clubs) wont to see them in club colours not interleague.

The sooner all leagues and admins give up on the idea the better off they will be. Banging their head against a brick wall. There isnt the want or respect for it anymore. Lets move on. I think we should come up with more pre season comps involving clubs from other leagues. I recall at a previous club I followed they had a night comp in February which ran over 4 weekends involving I reckon 6 teams from all different areas and they all played in each other in a shortened game and had a grand final between the top 2 teams with a bit of prize money and that was a great event to see clubs from other areas and was a great hit out for pre season (as well as some prizes). I would love to see our top 2-4 sides of 2015 play the top 2-4 sides for example from down Murray Bridge, or Great Southern... I reckon there is more in that type of event pre season than interleague. We have grounds in the hills with lights (Echunga, Mt Lofty, Hahndorf) and am sure there are similar at Strath and Murray Bridge..?
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:57 pm

I reckon that's a great idea wazz.
All teams are looking for trials at that time of the year so I would think they would jump at the idea.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:59 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Interleague is admirable, but its time is over. Playing for your league doesnt have as much influence or following with the younger brigade of players anymore and footytragic you are right, players (and clubs) wont to see them in club colours not interleague.

The sooner all leagues and admins give up on the idea the better off they will be. Banging their head against a brick wall. There isnt the want or respect for it anymore. Lets move on. I think we should come up with more pre season comps involving clubs from other leagues. I recall at a previous club I followed they had a night comp in February which ran over 4 weekends involving I reckon 6 teams from all different areas and they all played in each other in a shortened game and had a grand final between the top 2 teams with a bit of prize money and that was a great event to see clubs from other areas and was a great hit out for pre season (as well as some prizes). I would love to see our top 2-4 sides of 2015 play the top 2-4 sides for example from down Murray Bridge, or Great Southern... I reckon there is more in that type of event pre season than interleague. We have grounds in the hills with lights (Echunga, Mt Lofty, Hahndorf) and am sure there are similar at Strath and Murray Bridge..?

I like the sound of this.... and while not wanting to put a dampener on the idea.... February is still cricket season, and some of these grounds have concrete pitches that would need to be covered, and then uncovered again. I have seen that matting stuff a few grounds use. I know I would rather "fall" on sand/turf than that stuff.....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:
wazzal77 wrote:Interleague is admirable, but its time is over. Playing for your league doesnt have as much influence or following with the younger brigade of players anymore and footytragic you are right, players (and clubs) wont to see them in club colours not interleague.

I like the sound of this.... and while not wanting to put a dampener on the idea.... February is still cricket season, and some of these grounds have concrete pitches that would need to be covered, and then uncovered again. I have seen that matting stuff a few grounds use. I know I would rather "fall" on sand/turf than that stuff.....

Good point Corona, I said February, but I reckon it might have been more like March, but yep cricket still likely on at that time. Theres more than one way to skin a cat. Cricket program is out in October so am sure there is some window of opportunity to plan and coordinate it. I think this would be an opportunity for the HFL to be state country footy leaders in developing something for pre season. Maybe have a seniors and or an U21s, get some sponsors for prizes and speak to neighbouring associations and open up applications for any club wanting to register... have 2 x divisions so we can include country..the clubs who host pay a % rebate of their turnover back to the HFL for benefit of the league (go toward promoting footy in all schools, run league clinics?).
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:27 pm

careful wazz and corona.
if you two keep talking like this you may get elected to the HFL board.

(Mind you these are the sort of ideas that it definitely needs.)
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:30 pm

footytragic001971 wrote:careful wazz and corona.

Clearly by the conversation we are having, we are both over qualified, and therefore would not be considered!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times

Postby spot on » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Speaking of the HFL board, has a new President been appointed yet, due to the fact that Glen Elliott has gone to Glenelg.
spot on
Under 18s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:45 pm

spot on wrote:

Speaking of the HFL board, has a new President been appointed yet, due to the fact that Glen Elliott has gone to Glenelg.

Was in the paper yesterday, Craig Stratfold. Can anyone enlighten us on where he's from.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:10 pm

I believe Cracka from Blackwood, been involved there in some capacities in junior ranks.. I recall reading it in the Courier I think..wish him all the best, not a task I would want.... or wish on my worst enemy! For as long as the clubs have complete control nothing will change for the better as I would suggest that they all have their own agendas to protect and look after (and to a certain extent understandbly so). How do you think your guys will go this season?
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:28 pm

wazzal77 wrote:I believe Cracka from Blackwood, been involved there in some capacities in junior ranks.. I recall reading it in the Courier I think..wish him all the best, not a task I would want.... or wish on my worst enemy! For as long as the clubs have complete control nothing will change for the better as I would suggest that they all have their own agendas to protect and look after (and to a certain extent understandbly so). How do you think your guys will go this season?

Yes a very thankless task & every decision made will upset someone.

Hopefully go better than our last 2 years. Some decent ins by the look of it & some returning from season ending injuries which hurt us. lost a few but some hadn't played for us for a couple of years. Only going by the clearance page as I'm not involved in an official capacity anymore, hopefully will get some Saturdays off to watch the boys play.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Good stuff Cracka, I got to see a game of Echunga vs Torrens Valley and also Hahndorfs loss to Lobey and then most of the finals. Heres hoping onkas can step it up and be more competitive - a close and even comp is good for everyone. More people want to come and watch when you are winning!
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby chopper7 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:34 am

Any trail game results before we enter the real stuff next week?
I know Lobethal accounted for Kilburn very easily yesterday in what could have resembled a training run at times.

Tips for next weeks games anyone?

Loby v Uri- Tigers by 5 goals being on the open space of Lobethal oval
Hahndorf v Onkas- Dorf by 8+ goal, just too much class for the doggies
Barker v Torrens Valley- with the game being at Barker I'll go the Roos in what will be the closest game of the round. Roos by 2 goals
Echunga v Blackwood- given the quality of recruits that Echunga have lost Blackwood should walk this one in. Woods by 10+ goals
Lofty v Ironbank- the Thunderers seemed to have gone heavy on the recruiting this year and with no Miles still for lofty then it could be hard yards. I/B by 7 goals
chopper7
Under 16s

Been liked: 24 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy