No votes
Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:19 am

coman wrote:They put us in c1's,abit harsh but we are alive and kicking today.

To be fair, you did only have one side for the year (which in my view means the C Grades are an appropriate place to play).

Also, from the outside that year of subsistence has given you the springboard for a pretty bloody admirable resurgence.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Q. » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:31 am

Sass! wrote:Terrible outcome for the league, div 4 teams but most of all Para Hills.. even if they only had 15-20 players left willing to have a crack, that's 15-20 blokes that would be feeling very ordinary right about now, not to mention the supporters and officials..

I may be wrong (regularly am) but didn't Smithfield miss a season and then reform a year after or similar? look at them now.. they should be used as a blue print for Para Hills to rebuild.

Looks like Pooraka will be the main beneficiary of those few who were left at Para Hills.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:33 am

Q. wrote:
Sass! wrote:Terrible outcome for the league, div 4 teams but most of all Para Hills.. even if they only had 15-20 players left willing to have a crack, that's 15-20 blokes that would be feeling very ordinary right about now, not to mention the supporters and officials..

I may be wrong (regularly am) but didn't Smithfield miss a season and then reform a year after or similar? look at them now.. they should be used as a blue print for Para Hills to rebuild.

Looks like Pooraka will be the main beneficiary of those few who were left at Para Hills.

Not if @Zartan gets them first :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:40 am

Don't worry, all over it :lol:

To be fair though, blokes I'm interested in were contacted ages ago and regularly in touch, were keen to stay loyal to Para Hills if they managed to get two sides on the park, and wasn't going to try and change their minds at the time, but now an opportunity has arisen for them to come across - even if just for a season until Para Hills can reestablish themselves.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:46 am

wonder_kid wrote:The league should have asked for registered players like they did with kilburn alarms bells were ringing for a while about para hills, stop being reactive and proactive towards sitautions!

You're so clueless I just want to bang my head against a wall whenever you post sometimes.

1) The league was in constant contact with Hills throughout the Summer

2) There is no requirement from Hills to provide anything regarding registered players. This is only required by teams coming off a one-team season

3) The league offered to re-house Hills in lower grades and Hills said NO, we'll be fine. To the best of my knowledge (and as per Minion Masters previous posts) I believe they were even offered a spot with one team.

Para Hills were in denial and refused any offer of help. At the end of the day, its not up to the league to keep clubs afloat/find players for clubs/hold their hands. Salisbury West/ Brahma Lodge/ Smiffies all faced the music early and the league was able to work with and accommodate them.

At the end of the day, we all know you can't help someone that doesn't want help.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Informer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:47 am

Just a thought out of left field, how will they go keeping there ground? Without senior football off a Saturday where will they raise the money to pay for ground hire and that?
We all know how quick councils are to give away grounds to soccer clubs, is there any chance of this especially with all the soccer being played around that ground?

Or will another local club in the area try steal there ground from under them lol
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:48 am

That's a good point :shock:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:55 am

The_Informer wrote:Just a thought out of left field, how will they go keeping there ground? Without senior football off a Saturday where will they raise the money to pay for ground hire and that?
We all know how quick councils are to give away grounds to soccer clubs, is there any chance of this especially with all the soccer being played around that ground?

Or will another local club in the area try steal there ground from under them lol

Doubt it, the soccer occupies the back ovals anyway and they still have their juniors, as far as i know it's only the seniors in recess, not the juniors.

Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The_Informer wrote:Just a thought out of left field, how will they go keeping there ground? Without senior football off a Saturday where will they raise the money to pay for ground hire and that?

Doubt it, the soccer occupies the back ovals anyway and they still have their juniors, as far as i know it's only the seniors in recess, not the juniors.

I've just been advised that the whole club is gone, juniors and all.

Footy Chick

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:23 pm

The league cant souly blame para hills! "Gave them the opportunity to go down" like i said stop being reactive and get on the front foot. Surely now after westies , kilburn and brahma there would be some new policies put in place to make this not happen in the future
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby zedman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

the ultimate premiership hangover eh?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:31 pm

I've been involved at D3 level for many years, it's really not that scary kids ;) :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

That's terrible news?

How did they lose all their juniors?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Sorry. Im getting info from everywhere at the minutre. My initial post was correct, they will have juniors. 6 teams

Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Sorry. Im getting info from everywhere at the minutre. My initial post was correct, they will have juniors. 6 teams

Is that you admitting you were wrong again? :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:13 pm

No because i was originally right.

So NER

Footy Chick

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:55 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:The league should have asked for registered players like they did with kilburn alarms bells were ringing for a while about para hills, stop being reactive and proactive towards sitautions!

You're so clueless I just want to bang my head against a wall whenever you post sometimes.

1) The league was in constant contact with Hills throughout the Summer

2) There is no requirement from Hills to provide anything regarding registered players. This is only required by teams coming off a one-team season

3) The league offered to re-house Hills in lower grades and Hills said NO, we'll be fine. To the best of my knowledge (and as per Minion Masters previous posts) I believe they were even offered a spot with one team.

Para Hills were in denial and refused any offer of help. At the end of the day, its not up to the league to keep clubs afloat/find players for clubs/hold their hands. Salisbury West/ Brahma Lodge/ Smiffies all faced the music early and the league was able to work with and accommodate them.

At the end of the day, we all know you can't help someone that doesn't want help.

Regardless if they don't want to be helped its the leagues job to make sure the competition runs at its full capacity ! I know the league cant do anything now my point is that some new rules need to be made then voted in to stop this from happening again!

Now 9 clubs lose 1 home game that alot of clubs rely on for the season!

Just because you dont understand my thinking doesnt make it wrong just sayin!

But 100% blaming the footy club is a cop out as their should be safeguards against this happening!

Clubs pay money to be in the league and should expect this not to happen ever.
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Q. » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:02 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Regardless if they don't want to be helped its the leagues job to make sure the competition runs at its full capacity ! I know the league cant do anything now my point is that some new rules need to be made then voted in to stop this from happening again!

An email to the clubs today hints at exploring the possibility of giving the league the power to act in the best interests of the competition in these cicumstances.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:07 pm

Q. wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Regardless if they don't want to be helped its the leagues job to make sure the competition runs at its full capacity ! I know the league cant do anything now my point is that some new rules need to be made then voted in to stop this from happening again!

An email to the clubs today hints at exploring the possibility of giving the league the power to act in the best interests of the competition in these cicumstances.

Vote it in i say its a win for everyone thanks mate
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:17 pm

APRIL FOOLS! Para Hills all good to go tomorrow.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League