7%
West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:14 am

Zartan wrote:Finally round 1 out the way we can begin to talk footy!

Massive win to Houghton on the weekend, don't think many punters would've picked that one to start the season. Trinity in the B grade however look to have picked up where they left off, and good to see Matt Perry kick 9 - hopefully means he wont be in the reserves for long lol.

Interesting to see Brahma Lodge lose by as much as they did, and even more surprising was their B grade losing! West Croydon B grade have been a mid table average side for a few years, Brahma were the minor premiers last year and their side didn't look much different if at all! Perhaps West Croydon really a side to watch across all grades this year..

Scrappy game out at Fitzroy, a lot of turn overs a lot of unforced errors.. wasn't pretty for the spectator! Arguably the worst ground to play footy at in this division - tiny change rooms, small ground and on a mini mountain, makes for congested footy and just all in all crap. Cotter is a big pick up for 'Roys, he's good, and their forward line quite tall.. but not sure if they were missing players or not, but their fitness levels were deplorable and their disposal efficiency even worse. Didn't appear to like the pressure and although they had what looked a potent forward line, they just failed to regularly penetrate inside 50 - and their forwards got lazier the longer the game went.

Still think they'll be tough to beat at home - especially in the wetter months - but that's the only place I can see them winning, bottom 2 for me.

Ingle Farm weren't any better with their skill level though, turn over after turn over and some really average decision making during the first half hurt. Difference being that after quarter time we were able to actually hit the scoreboard when we went inside 50, where as 'Roys didn't.

Congrats to morell on his Round 1 victory to start his coaching career, good win over Keasty and his boys. Good win by Mawson Lakes A Grade - obviously Mitchell Park missed the memo about shutting down Darren King, and great to see the sharpshooter Ivan Novosel back, hopefully he plays all season for the Lakes.

The WC result in the B grade was a shock, they must have severely improved on their depth to knock BL off who I expected to be the measuring stick with the returning A graders.. Rest of the B grade went as expected (or hoped), I certainly didn't expect us to win so comfortably..

The A grade result while it was an upset, was well deserved by Houghton. They play their ground quite well, bit of a question mark how they would go on a bigger ground, but when you play half your games on your home ground it doesn't matter as much I guess.. Thought Vandemoer was busy all day, he works to plenty of contests and got the reward Saturday. Q enjoyed his day. Bray up forward was a good target for them, and Schutz was very impressive in the ruck. Don't know much about who was missing but if they keep a full side on the park Houghton will be competitive mid table at a minimum.. Depth may be tested as I reckon I only saw 1 player who looked to be of A grade quality in the B grade, and he was horribly unlucky to only be given 5th best..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:22 am

human_torpedo wrote:Depth may be tested as I reckon I only saw 1 player who looked to be of A grade quality in the B grade, and he was horribly unlucky to only be given 5th best..

B Grade coach hoping to hide him in the magoos a bit longer? :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:32 am

Credit to our B-Grade coach for rewarding blokes who'd been on the track a bit throughout pre-season. The boys were outclassed, but kept having a crack. A few back in both sides this week I reckon, should see a stronger B-grade team.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:46 am

Zartan wrote:Trinity in the B grade however look to have picked up where they left off, and good to see Matt Perry kick 9 - hopefully means he wont be in the reserves for long lol.

Not sure why he wasn't playing A's. One thing that seemed to be missing from TOS A-Grade was a zippy forward crumber just like him.
Q.
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:57 am

Don't know what you mean, I think he needs another 17 games, maybe more in the B grade before he is considered or A grade ;)
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:58 am

Q. wrote:Not sure why he wasn't playing A's. One thing that seemed to be missing from TOS A-Grade was a zippy forward crumber just like him.

Not sure how accurate but apparently him and his brother Brad wanted to play with each other - originally in C grade - but that wasn't allowed, so B grade it was..

Surely wont last long.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:01 am

Zartan wrote:
Q. wrote:Not sure why he wasn't playing A's. One thing that seemed to be missing from TOS A-Grade was a zippy forward crumber just like him.

Not sure how accurate but apparently him and his brother Brad wanted to play with each other - originally in C grade - but that wasn't allowed, so B grade it was..

Surely wont last long.

You're in the ball park, throw in the fact he has a new born and own business to run, his training is non existent. And no, I wasn't going to allow them to play C grade. Whether a mountain of goals will see him go up on the back of no training still is another thing. Talent wise no question
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:09 am

Stick to the club structures, HT.
It's very important to set a standard required and stick to it.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:11 am

Arch44 wrote:Surely Zarts could have got you a Guest pass to the elevated coaches box?

Wasn't a fan of climbing up and down all day lol, especially being overweight and lazy haha! Would've stayed at ground level, but it's near on impossible at my short height and the ground incline to see anything around the ground lol.

Just glad I didn't fall off the ladder :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:11 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Stick to the club structures, HT.
It's very important to set a standard required and stick to it.

No. Let Perry & Perry play A grade :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:16 am

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Surely Zarts could have got you a Guest pass to the elevated coaches box?

Wasn't a fan of climbing up and down all day lol, especially being overweight and lazy haha! Would've stayed at ground level, but it's near on impossible at my short height and the ground incline to see anything around the ground lol.

Just glad I didn't fall off the ladder :lol:

Should have seen me go up and down it! With a fat knee. Chose not to come down 3/4 time of Agrade it was too hard! Fair to say that will be my 1 and only game playing for the Roys. Your curse has been lifted mate too!
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby adr107 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:29 am

Zartan wrote:Finally round 1 out the way we can begin to talk footy!

Massive win to Houghton on the weekend, don't think many punters would've picked that one to start the season. Trinity in the B grade however look to have picked up where they left off, and good to see Matt Perry kick 9 - hopefully means he wont be in the reserves for long lol.

Interesting to see Brahma Lodge lose by as much as they did, and even more surprising was their B grade losing! West Croydon B grade have been a mid table average side for a few years, Brahma were the minor premiers last year and their side didn't look much different if at all! Perhaps West Croydon really a side to watch across all grades this year..

Scrappy game out at Fitzroy, a lot of turn overs a lot of unforced errors.. wasn't pretty for the spectator! Arguably the worst ground to play footy at in this division - tiny change rooms, small ground and on a mini mountain, makes for congested footy and just all in all crap. Cotter is a big pick up for 'Roys, he's good, and their forward line quite tall.. but not sure if they were missing players or not, but their fitness levels were deplorable and their disposal efficiency even worse. Didn't appear to like the pressure and although they had what looked a potent forward line, they just failed to regularly penetrate inside 50 - and their forwards got lazier the longer the game went.

Still think they'll be tough to beat at home - especially in the wetter months - but that's the only place I can see them winning, bottom 2 for me.

Ingle Farm weren't any better with their skill level though, turn over after turn over and some really average decision making during the first half hurt. Difference being that after quarter time we were able to actually hit the scoreboard when we went inside 50, where as 'Roys didn't.

Congrats to morell on his Round 1 victory to start his coaching career, good win over Keasty and his boys. Good win by Mawson Lakes A Grade - obviously Mitchell Park missed the memo about shutting down Darren King, and great to see the sharpshooter Ivan Novosel back, hopefully he plays all season for the Lakes.

That Trinity 2s side is certainly an organised unit. The scoreline probably doesn't reflect the depth in our club right now though. We will continue to get better, but they were very good.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Playing with my new toys* last night, will share for those who are football nuts :)

Just some heat map images from the GPS tracker. First image is from my first quarter (we were going to the north end), I was up and back a lot, probably looking to be quite attacking from the outset. Second image is from the last quarter (TOS going to north end), game in the balance and spending 95% of the game in our defensive half (and TBH, I was bloody spent). Two very different quarters.

Q.
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:19 pm

second image looks like my forward line work rate :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Looks like Cooper is back at the Hawks.
Q.
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Q. wrote:Credit to our B-Grade coach for rewarding blokes who'd been on the track a bit throughout pre-season. The boys were outclassed, but kept having a crack. A few back in both sides this week I reckon, should see a stronger B-grade team.

Luke Bassham is sandbagging for you guys
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby adr107 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:17 pm

The Riddler wrote:
Q. wrote:Credit to our B-Grade coach for rewarding blokes who'd been on the track a bit throughout pre-season. The boys were outclassed, but kept having a crack. A few back in both sides this week I reckon, should see a stronger B-grade team.

Luke Bassham is sandbagging for you guys

You may need him to bolster your side Riddler...
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Well done to Mawson Lakes last Saturday, they play like a team that has been together for a long time and were too good on the day. Special cheerio to Matty Ralph who played in the ressies. A goal was disputed by the Lakers goal umpire and after much deliberation Ralphy insisted it was in fact a goal. All class champ.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby carey » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:06 pm

Yank Man wrote:Well done to Mawson Lakes last Saturday, they play like a team that has been together for a long time and were too good on the day. Special cheerio to Matty Ralph who played in the ressies. A goal was disputed by the Lakers goal umpire and after much deliberation Ralphy insisted it was in fact a goal. All class champ.

He learnt that at Paralowie.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:07 pm

carey wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Well done to Mawson Lakes last Saturday, they play like a team that has been together for a long time and were too good on the day. Special cheerio to Matty Ralph who played in the ressies. A goal was disputed by the Lakers goal umpire and after much deliberation Ralphy insisted it was in fact a goal. All class champ.

He learnt that at Paralowie.[/

From the great man no doubt :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League