Smithfield
23%

Total votes : 66

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:32 am

Inallseriousness wrote:
heater31 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
jo172 wrote:My view is you want to be pretty bloody sure before calling someone's integrity into question.

One thing is constructive criticism, another thing is mean-spirited criticism, but falsely suggesting an umpire is cheating is pretty poor

I've also heard that the umpiring was some of the worse witnessed. It was so poor that it came across as cheating.

So it was a par for the course then?

Division 5 get the 21-25 ranked umpires each week.....

2 umpires per game....times 5 games times 4 divisions...maybe 41-50....just checking lol

yeah forgot to x2 :oops:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:58 am

Mr Beefy wrote:I didn't see much wrong with the umpires we had - hardly noticed them.

We love the umpires at Rosewater :heart:

I thought you guys got a pretty good run from them, moreso in the first half.
I was impressed with the way that Smithfield just handed the ball back and put their hands up on the mark despite the calls.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:03 am

thejuddernaught wrote:can anyone give a wrap up on the Rosewater vs Smithfield game?
Was surprised to see the dogs go down, being round 1 and at the kennel.

Smithfield got the jump in the first quarter against the breeze and maintained a slight buffer all game, Rosie's should've nailed a few goals in the first term that sailed on the wrong side of the uprights.
It was a tense game with zero malice, just two teams out there playing football and giving it their all.
I don't think there were any standouts, a good allround effort from both sides, probably could've thrown a blanket over 10 players for the votes.
Smithfield would've been rapt in the result with a few players to return over the next few weeks, the players that were given an A Grade game performed well enough to see players return through the B's.
I noticed a couple of interesting observers at the game, I wonder if they suit up for the panthers in the coming weeks?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby thejuddernaught » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
thejuddernaught wrote:can anyone give a wrap up on the Rosewater vs Smithfield game?
Was surprised to see the dogs go down, being round 1 and at the kennel.

Smithfield got the jump in the first quarter against the breeze and maintained a slight buffer all game, Rosie's should've nailed a few goals in the first term that sailed on the wrong side of the uprights.
It was a tense game with zero malice, just two teams out there playing football and giving it their all.
I don't think there were any standouts, a good allround effort from both sides, probably could've thrown a blanket over 10 players for the votes.
Smithfield would've been rapt in the result with a few players to return over the next few weeks, the players that were given an A Grade game performed well enough to see players return through the B's.
I noticed a couple of interesting observers at the game, I wonder if they suit up for the panthers in the coming weeks?

thanks mate, i saw Rosewater had 3 or so notable names that hadn't played too much A Grade last year, do the dogs have a couple to slip back into the A's?
thejuddernaught
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Southern Eagles

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:33 am

thejuddernaught wrote:thanks mate, i saw Rosewater had 3 or so notable names that hadn't played too much A Grade last year, do the dogs have a couple to slip back into the A's?

Yeah certainly, it was pretty hard to read into the results all through the grade, everything seemed about par although I thought Lockleys would've won by a bit more and I was a bit surprised that Smithfield got up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:59 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
jo172 wrote:My view is you want to be pretty bloody sure before calling someone's integrity into question.

One thing is constructive criticism, another thing is mean-spirited criticism, but falsely suggesting an umpire is cheating is pretty poor

I've also heard that the umpiring was some of the worse witnessed. It was so poor that it came across as cheating.

Did you hear from the same bloke that mis-guided HBF?

Players and spectators

I just love reading your crap on here. From spectators eh!! Of course you're going to hear crap come from spectators mouths. You tell me whenever have you been to watch a game as a spectator and not heard at least once that the umpiring is crap or he must be cheating. Fair dinkum this is a load of crap.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby zedman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
thejuddernaught wrote:thanks mate, i saw Rosewater had 3 or so notable names that hadn't played too much A Grade last year, do the dogs have a couple to slip back into the A's?

Yeah certainly, it was pretty hard to read into the results all through the grade, everything seemed about par although I thought Lockleys would've won by a bit more and I was a bit surprised that Smithfield got up.

underestimate pulteney at your peril, very happy to get away with 2 points no matter what the score was..they were competitive last year against the best teams..

the smithfield team is at least 4-5 quality players better than last years grand final team and that shows in their selections for the B grade..there is a reason they have lost only 2 games since mid 2013..they are a damn good team..which in turn means rosewater are travelling nicely to..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:47 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Did you hear from the same bloke that mis-guided HBF?

Players and spectators

I just love reading your crap on here. From spectators eh!! Of course you're going to hear crap come from spectators mouths. You tell me whenever have you been to watch a game as a spectator and not heard at least once that the umpiring is crap or he must be cheating. Fair dinkum this is a load of crap.

speaking of crap. if i wanted to hear from an asshole, i'd fart.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:49 pm

zedman wrote:
underestimate pulteney at your peril, very happy to get away with 2 points no matter what the score was..they were competitive last year against the best teams..

the smithfield team is at least 4-5 quality players better than last years grand final team and that shows in their selections for the B grade..there is a reason they have lost only 2 games since mid 2013..they are a damn good team..which in turn means rosewater are travelling nicely to..

I didn't estimate Pulteney at all, it was more of the respect I have for you guys and how dangerous I think you'll be.
I was asked who I thought would be the danger side, I said "all of them", I think Elizabeth will struggle but all of the rest will be capable of knocking each other off on any given day.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I just love reading your crap on here. From spectators eh!! Of course you're going to hear crap come from spectators mouths. You tell me whenever have you been to watch a game as a spectator and not heard at least once that the umpiring is crap or he must be cheating. Fair dinkum this is a load of crap.

He was asked a question, he answered it, stop trolling.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I just love reading your crap on here. From spectators eh!! Of course you're going to hear crap come from spectators mouths. You tell me whenever have you been to watch a game as a spectator and not heard at least once that the umpiring is crap or he must be cheating. Fair dinkum this is a load of crap.

Not trolling bud. Just a observer. I don't like people bagging umpires. It seems each week there is always someone complaining about umpires and that they are crap or must be cheating. It annoys me so badly to see people on hear whinging or complaining about it. Just making a comment. No trolling what-so-ever.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby zedman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
zedman wrote:

I didn't estimate Pulteney at all, it was more of the respect I have for you guys and how dangerous I think you'll be.
I was asked who I thought would be the danger side, I said "all of them", I think Elizabeth will struggle but all of the rest will be capable of knocking each other off on any given day.

all good LM..we have a number of LTI's carrying over from last year and i dont think we will play our best footy till the second half of the year..just gotta grab any wins we can, anyway we can right now! ;)

looking forward to round 3's big triple header so make sure you are there mate!
zedman
Coach

Postby BFG » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:06 pm

zedman wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Agree on Pultney, only time they really copped a pasting last year was when Aish was injured. He's very hard to stop no matter where he lines up. They were also pretty young last year so with natural improvement from those guys i'd expect them to sneak into the finals.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby zedman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:08 pm

BFG wrote:
zedman wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Agree on Pultney, only time they really copped a pasting last year was when Aish was injured. He's very hard to stop no matter where he lines up. They were also pretty young last year so with natural improvement from those guys i'd expect them to sneak into the finals.

we thought our full back played pretty well and aish still got 6..quality forward..
zedman
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Good to see someone can read. Thanks LM, i wasn't even complaining about the umpiring. I reckon its time for a ban for Bombers4EVA, he's been warned a few times lately for trolling.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:13 pm

zedman wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
zedman wrote:

all good LM..we have a number of LTI's carrying over from last year and i dont think we will play our best footy till the second half of the year..just gotta grab any wins we can, anyway we can right now! ;)

LM, do you still umpire in the APFL?
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:36 pm

zedman wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
zedman wrote:

Not sure I will be, the APFL kicks off that weekend, I might see if I can just do 14's and 17's that day.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:37 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
LM, do you still umpire in the APFL?

Yeah mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:40 pm

I don't know why you think Im trolling as I am making comments based on what I am seeing. And what I see looks rubbish. So if you want to take it that I am trolling you and that you think I need to be banned. Then this whole forum should be shut down as it is a forum of free speech. And if you can't have a opinion then what's the use of having a footy forum in the first place.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Ian » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:47 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I don't know why you think Im trolling as I am making comments based on what I am seeing. And what I see looks rubbish. So if you want to take it that I am trolling you and that you think I need to be banned. Then this whole forum should be shut down as it is a forum of free speech. And if you can't have a opinion then what's the use of having a footy forum in the first place.

Let it rest B4E, it did come across as a troll whether that was your intention or not, no need to keep the argument going, just play on ............................
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League