Adelaide: Shaw (migraine)
Port Adelaide: Nil
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Re: R2: Adelaide v Port - Sunday 3 April @ Mannum Oval

Postby RB » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:17 pm

Did he pick up the migraine due to some sort of head knock?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 766 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby RustyCage » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:19 pm

The a Ravens field kicking was a step above ours today, pass after pass hit its target, allowing them to move the ball easily. Keenan Ramsey is looking like one to watch.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:57 pm

RB wrote:Did he pick up the migraine due to some sort of head knock?

Trying to fathom why such a fuss is made over a practice match would give anyone a headache.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:06 pm

Crowd 2,323
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:14 pm

Gozu wrote:Crowd 2,323

Only half of the promised 4,000 turned up again by the looks
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby saintal » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Only one 'top-up' for the Ravens, skipper Carey. Ominous. As we know their line up come August/September (or May for that matter) may look very different however.

Port had 7.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Gozu wrote:Crowd 2,323

Only half of the promised 4,000 turned up again by the looks

Big weekend for Crow fans, to be fair. You can only share the pride so far.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Who can blame the Crows fans for not attending the game at Mannum, a day after they'd all headed to Adelaide Oval for their triumphal march.
If we're to take any sort of advantage out of the reserves fiasco, why would the SANFL program this game the day after the Showdown and so far away from the city?
You'd think maximising crowds would be of importance, and this programming certainly doesn't reflect that.
They've had reasonable crowds for the 'SANFULdowns', so why not try and maximise that?
Having said that, the crowd figure still compares favourably to others this round.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Crows have a bigger % following in the country which is ironic since they're named after the capital city, I was surprised it wasn't a bigger crowd.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Rough » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:17 pm

DW
It would have taken an Elizabeth bloke twice as long to get to a "city" ground in Noarlunga than to simply drive over a hill to Mannum on Sunday. You might have observed some fairly decent scenery on the way and watched a fantastic game on a surface that leaves some suburban grounds for dead.
Rough
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Rough wrote:DW
It would have taken an Elizabeth bloke twice as long to get to a "city" ground in Noarlunga than to simply drive over a hill to Mannum on Sunday. You might have observed some fairly decent scenery on the way and watched a fantastic game on a surface that leaves some suburban grounds for dead.

I would have loved to go but with a young family, going to the footy on both saturday and sunday isnt really an option. Having two showdowns on the same weekend is a little silly imo. Having it easter weekend would have made more sense to me
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:

I would have loved to go but with a young family, going to the footy on both saturday and sunday isnt really an option. Having two showdowns on the same weekend is a little silly imo. Having it easter weekend would have made more sense to me

Because there are no family commitments at Easter?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:35 pm

stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Why not just have it as the curtain raiser to the AFL game? The only people interested are the 50,000 at Adelaide Oval on the day.

Mind you, I think taking the game to the country is also an excellent initiative and the SANFL should program more games in townships around the state, within reason, of course.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:45 pm

Totally agree, but the day after the Modown?
I definitely would've gone if the Dogs were playing, don't worry about that. Loved it when we played up at Berri about 10 years ago.
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:46 pm

stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Yep, I had family stuff on both saturday and sunday, but managed to sneak off to the Socceroos Thursday and the SS final monday, so it wasnt a bad weekend :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby StrayDog » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:54 am

It would have taken an Elizabeth bloke twice as long to get to a "city" ground in Noarlunga than to simply drive over a hill to Mannum on Sunday.

Well, 80 kilometres over the hill but who's counting. :D They're pretty comparable trips actually, Noarlunga Downs probably quicker on days that South Road behaves itself.

Anyway, I like the country runs for the footy. Over the years the missus and I have always planned ahead, stopped other places, stayed overnight, enjoyed the sights or made a family day of them, etc.

I will concede that spending the a good part of the 200 km day round trip to and from Mannum (as it would have been on average) winding around the countryside for a football match isn't something that would appeal to everyone, particularly for a seconds game. Throw in a television network that are happy to make the trip for them.

I reckon 50 minutes (total) cruising through the 'burbs on match days in this city would be a generous guesstimate average of the norm.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:46 pm

saintal wrote:Only one 'top-up' for the Ravens, skipper Carey. Ominous. As we know their line up come August/September (or May for that matter) may look very different however.

Port had 7.

So if Crows have all players on their list OK to play, what happens to the skipper? Also what happens to the 45th & 46th player on their list, no game?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:
saintal wrote:Only one 'top-up' for the Ravens, skipper Carey. Ominous. As we know their line up come August/September (or May for that matter) may look very different however.

Port had 7.

So if Crows have all players on their list OK to play, what happens to the skipper? Also what happens to the 45th & 46th player on their list, no game?

The Skipper heads home to Echunga?

45th and 46th don't deserve a League game of Footy...... under the old system they would be in the SANFL 2's where they belong......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:15 pm

Dutchy wrote:So if Crows have all players on their list OK to play, what happens to the skipper? Also what happens to the 45th & 46th player on their list, no game?

Reckon Carey would get the ar$e in favour of the paid professionals. He'd have to, given that it's a reserve side.

Just goes to show how much of a farcical team they are in that they can nominate a development player as captain, and then turf him if need be. Why bother with a captain if that's the case? As if Nathan van Berlo's going to listen to a guy who played Westies reserves and country footy (although he might have to get used to the idea in the future).
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL