Round 3....and they start to appear.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 3....and they start to appear.

Postby Brodlach » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Yep sets of rules. How the hell was Robinson holding the ball when the balls behind him?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:42 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Lookin for Danger to out possession Selwood by 5 this qtr

Theyve played Danger forward far to much.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Thank goodness for that, should keep nugget quiet for at least a week.
They have a long way to go if you cant beat the Hawks in Rd 3 with a months extra training under your belt, no Hodge or Roughead and on your own shit heap, you wont get near us at the G come September.

Everyone's 2nd fav team, makes me puke, you only have a 2nd fav team when your's is shit.
How over rated is the Package, Sratton gave him an absolute bath, been reading his own press, the next Gary Ablett Snr, my ass!!

How good was Burgoyne in the last? I dont think I've thanked the Port Board for him for awhile, by the way how is Cassisi going, still getting a kick?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Classic ACL rupture for Bob unfortunately :(
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:38 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Thank goodness for that, should keep nugget quiet for at least a week.
They have a long way to go if you cant beat the Hawks in Rd 3 with a months extra training under your belt, no Hodge or Roughead and on your own shit heap, you wont get near us at the G come September.

Everyone's 2nd fav team, makes me puke, you only have a 2nd fav team when your's is shit.
How over rated is the Package, Sratton gave him an absolute bath, been reading his own press, the next Gary Ablett Snr, my ass!!

How good was Burgoyne in the last? I dont think I've thanked the Port Board for him for awhile, by the way how is Cassisi going, still getting a kick?

No fan of your Hawks Daisy but have to agree with most of your post. If the Dogs can't win at Etihad against a weakened Hawks side they are no show at the MCG.
The Dogs young guns get pumped to the hilt but Sicily showed them how it's done and the kid has some real arrogance and mongrel about him.
Dogs have improved miles but they are still at that notch below at this stage
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby carey » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:40 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Thank goodness for that, should keep nugget quiet for at least a week.

You were getting a huge like till the last one! :D
carey
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:45 pm

carey wrote:

I'd still be pissed at the your Board of the day for that one
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby carey » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
carey wrote:

Put it this way Burgoyne was my favorite Port player.

There's was a lot more to it tho. The Cassisi v Burgoyne thing. The Major sponsor at the time had a fair bit to do with it.
carey
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:43 am

carey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
carey wrote:

Put it this way Burgoyne was my favorite Port player.

There's was a lot more to it tho. The Cassisi v Burgoyne thing. The Major sponsor at the time had a fair bit to do with it.

Whats the rest of it Carey? i didn't know thats why he left.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:03 am

mighty hounds wrote:
carey wrote:There's was a lot more to it tho. The Cassisi v Burgoyne thing. The Major sponsor at the time had a fair bit to do with it.

Me too. I'd like to hear more about how a sponsor can have an influence in picking the playing roster.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:41 am

Magellan wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
carey wrote:There's was a lot more to it tho. The Cassisi v Burgoyne thing. The Major sponsor at the time had a fair bit to do with it.

Me too. I'd like to hear more about how a sponsor can have an influence in picking the playing roster.

It wasn't the sponsor....Burgoyne had everything possible thrown at him to stay at Alberton at the time, and like Daisy normally does in his brainless balls to the wall manner brings Cassisi into it for little reason.

Like many players they'd fallen out with former team mate and now coach Matt Primus and Burgoyne was never going to stay under Primus. We were paying the minimum amount of the cap, there was no big dollar contract to keep him and the captaincy wasn't offered as a reason to stay and rightly so, if you want to be a rat jumping off a sinking ship, good riddance. Cassisi was the next best bet and as a leader in tough times Cassisi can't be questioned ( unless you're a one eyed moron ;) ) and he might not have been our best player but he was our best leader at the time.

I rate Junior Burger very, very highly but won't forget when the going got tough, he got going. He's now a 4 time Premiership player with 300 games around the corner. Good career that....

Port got picks 9 and 16 for Burgoyne who we used to pick up Andrew Moore ( now at Richmond ) and Jasper Pittard.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:47 am

Thanks Booney.

Booney wrote:I rate Junior Burger very, very highly but won't forget when the going got tough, he got going. He's now a 4 time Premiership player with 300 games around the corner. Good career that....

I like the way Burgoyne goes about it too, a polished disposer of the footy and a very smooth mover, but I think he's a good player in a good side. I'd like to see how he'd go if he went to a struggling team as opposed to a modern day powerhouse.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:56 am

Magellan wrote:Thanks Booney.

Booney wrote:I rate Junior Burger very, very highly but won't forget when the going got tough, he got going. He's now a 4 time Premiership player with 300 games around the corner. Good career that....

I like the way Burgoyne goes about it too, a polished disposer of the footy and a very smooth mover, but I think he's a good player in a good side. I'd like to see how he'd go if he went to a struggling team as opposed to a modern day powerhouse.

I'm sure Burgoyne won't be upset as to how it's played out.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:10 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Magellan wrote:Thanks Booney.

I'm sure Burgoyne won't be upset as to how it's played out.

Why would he? Just as long as he thanks his lucky stars he didn't wind up at Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, GWS....
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:26 am

Collingwood....how did the "experts" get them so wrong?

Mike Sheahan had them top 4! :lol:

What do you Magpie fans see happening with the squad and how is the Buckley contract extension seen?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:31 am

Booney says so, so it must be true :roll:
Nice try at re-writing history Booney.

Burgoyne never played under Primus, not even for half a season. He started at Hawthorn in 2010. Primus took over from Williams half way through that season.
I never actually said anything about Burgoyne and Cassisi not getting on or anything like that as your brain dead persona assumes. I merely stated that the board chose Cassisi over Burgoyne. Mark Williams had recommended Burgoyne thus this was the beginning of the end for both parties.

Nevertheless we thank you immensely, the amount of games he has won us when thrust into the middle in the last quarter cant be counted with your fingers and toes :D #Fawthorn
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:58 am

daysofourlives wrote:Booney says so, so it must be true :roll:
Nice try at re-writing history Booney.

Burgoyne never played under Primus, not even for half a season. He started at Hawthorn in 2010. Primus took over from Williams half way through that season.
I never actually said anything about Burgoyne and Cassisi not getting on or anything like that as your brain dead persona assumes. I merely stated that the board chose Cassisi over Burgoyne. Mark Williams had recommended Burgoyne thus this was the beginning of the end for both parties.

Nevertheless we thank you immensely, the amount of games he has won us when thrust into the middle in the last quarter cant be counted with your fingers and toes :D #Fawthorn

Mind you, Primus was assistant coach from '06-'10 as midfield coach....but you'd not be aware of this. Your captains call is an interesting one, uneducated and not surprising, but interesting. The '07 GF loss, not surprisingly, fractured the playing group quite badly. Some blamed a few key players, some blamed the coaches, some blamed the kids, some, like Burgoyne, got stuck in the middle of the politics of it and didn't want much to do with it. Fair to say it was mid '08 that the leaders stood up and the others didn't.

Williams had Burgoyne in the '09 leadership group and did indeed recommend him as the captain to the board and I think rightly so the board saw the goings on in '08 as reason not to appoint him at the start of '09 when Tredders stood down.

Burgoyne played the first three rounds of '09 under duress, his knee was giving him hell, he then didn't return until round 17 and his future at the time was uncertain. With Peter retiring at the end of '09 and Williams clearly on borrowed time Shaun was never staying.

"Brain dead" :lol: I doubt many people would see me as that but I'm not surprised you've got that wrong either. ;)
Last edited by Booney on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:06 am

Booney wrote:Collingwood....how did the "experts" get them so wrong?

Mike Sheahan had them top 4! [emoji38]

What do you Magpie fans see happening with the squad and how is the Buckley contract extension seen?

We're still fielding a young side, average age was less than Saints on the weekend.

BUT, workrate and pressure is non - existent. It was the one good feature of our season last year, especially in those close losses to top teams. Where the **** did it go?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:59 pm

The footy at the moment is much better to watch but the commentary and the reviews of the games are getting deadset worse. It is bleeding obvious why teams are scoring more and games are better to watch and it has nothing to do with Clarko or the natural evolution of the game. It's the 2 simple rule changes being the 10 metre rule and the interchange cap causing more fatigue that have changed the way the game has been played consistently.

People are probably attending more games of footy so they don't have to sit at home and listen to David King and anybody who listens or talks to him on the box!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby brod » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:51 pm

carey wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Gee the Roos made hard work of it today.

I'm waiting for Geelong to do the same

Cats by 104 points.

How bad is Schoenmakers

Runs around like a baby giraffe
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL