Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Suri wrote:
Zartan wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Also I am intrigued to see how the locals treat Tippett? He's finally going to play them in Adelaide... :lol:

Do the locals even remember Tippett? How long has he been gone now?

Besides Jenkins is the flavour of the month now ;)

Tippett will receive the loudest boos you've ever heard. Fans love having a player to lay in to. I would think a few Crows fans have been desperate to give it to Tippett since he left.

Don't boo him, for crying out loud!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Tippett will cop it when he comes here.

Should be a good game, I think we match up ok up forward and down back, but their mids scare me. They are both tough at it and also use the ball well, and if they get going I'm not sure how we could stop it.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:Tippett will cop it when he comes here.

Should be a good game, I think we match up ok up forward and down back, but their mids scare me. They are both tough at it and also use the ball well, and if they get going I'm not sure how we could stop it.

Will be part of the recipe to beat Adelaide this year, a strong midfield that can not just use the ball themselves but press Adelaide in close and not allow the sideways movement currently freeing them up.Adelaide, obviously without Dangerfield, don't have a very menacing midfield mix and in round one Ziebell and Cunnington went a long way to beating them up around the ball.

Round 2, Port were shit house around the ball ( bar R.Gray ) and then on Saturday the less said about Richmonds midfield the better. Highly over rated internally and now soon to be externally too.

I also think your next two opponents in Sydney and Hawthorn have the best defensive structures and we probably won't see Betts/Jenkins/Walker slipping out the back for a cheap one every 10 minutes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Fricky » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Booney wrote:
Suri wrote:
Zartan wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Also I am intrigued to see how the locals treat Tippett? He's finally going to play them in Adelaide... :lol:

Do the locals even remember Tippett? How long has he been gone now?

Besides Jenkins is the flavour of the month now ;)

Tippett will receive the loudest boos you've ever heard. Fans love having a player to lay in to. I would think a few Crows fans have been desperate to give it to Tippett since he left.

Don't boo him, for crying out loud!

I wont be, I only boo players who do stupid things DURING the game. I couldn't care less about him now.

However, with the fact that Crows fans booed the goal post Carey ran into I am fully expecting a very big chorus of people to boo Tippett on Saturday night.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:29 pm

I know its just rubbish rumours, but jeez a backline of Talia, Hurley and Lever would be close to the AFL's best in a couple of years

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... c05d2f40d1
bennymacca
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:I know its just rubbish rumours, but jeez a backline of Talia, Hurley and Lever would be close to the AFL's best in a couple of years

FMD #-o

this 2015 version: Frawley, Lake, Gibson, Birchell would have it covered in spades.

Just any two of those would ahve the one you mentioned covered!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Maybe you need to learn to read read a little more closely. That backline, if it magically happened, assuming the continued improvement of lever, would, in 2018, be close to the best backline compared to other teams in 2018.

Is that clearer for you?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:53 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I guess well have to wait for Stan to clear it up, English isnt a strong point of this site, i personally dont like using apostrophes. Context of the previous quotes tells me Stan is not suggesting anything sinister, just agreeing

Ok well there is no hidden meaning. Brad Crouch most likely has a niggle really and I agreed that they also chose not to risk him on the Etihad deck. Similar to how Port didn't risk Polec on the deck.

Just my opinion and nothing else implied. Would probably play this week unless they go with an unchanged side that touched up Richmond.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Lyons played pretty well too. Lynch will definitely come in for Knight though, but yeah will be interesting to see whether they give crouch another week off. Given his issues in the past I can see them playing it VERY conservatively
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:I know its just rubbish rumours, but jeez a backline of Talia, Hurley and Lever would be close to the AFL's best in a couple of years

Very good mates with JJ and he is on holidays so why shouldn't he catch up with him.
I'd imagine every club in the land would be having an official chat with him over the coming months, it's just a matter of who has a spare million a year in their cap to tempt him also
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Will there be a choir at the airport to greet the Swans and Tippett?
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:06 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Very good mates with JJ and he is on holidays so why shouldn't he catch up with him.
I'd imagine every club in the land would be having an official chat with him over the coming months, it's just a matter of who has a spare million a year in their cap to tempt him also

[-X
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:11 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Crows will have a spare million at least in the cap next year so could afford someone like him.

Don't think there is anything in it though especially if you watched the JJ interview. No doubt the Crows and other clubs will ask his manager though.

I think Lachie Neale could be one that we entise back to SA, he is out of contract at seasons end and Freo will need cap space to pay Hogan and or McCarthy.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

[-X

Currently on $620k a year at Essendon which runs to end of 2017. Richmond and one other club in Melbourne have reportedly offered him $900k and Brisbane also very keen on him.
I know we have a huge amount of cap space left next year and there are rumblings that we will offer him $5m over 5 years
Jim05
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:20 pm

hawks21 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Crows will have a spare million at least in the cap next year so could afford someone like him.

Don't think there is anything in it though especially if you watched the JJ interview. No doubt the Crows and other clubs will ask his manager though.

I think Lachie Neale could be one that we entise back to SA, he is out of contract at seasons end and Freo will need cap space to pay Hogan and or McCarthy.

Perhaps Steven Trigg can arrange everything....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3481 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Fricky » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Jim05 wrote:Will there be a choir at the airport to greet the Swans and Tippett?

Cosi's too busy with his TV show to organise anything cr@p like that.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

[-X

Currently on $620k a year at Essendon which runs to end of 2017. Richmond and one other club in Melbourne have reportedly offered him $900k and Brisbane also very keen on him.
I know we have a huge amount of cap space left next year and there are rumblings that we will offer him $5m over 5 years

Thats some huge coin. Would have thought 600-700 sounds about right for Hurley, but I guess these days you really need to fork out to pry a player away from a club, especially when there is likely a bidding war
bennymacca
Coach

Crows 2016

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:05 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="bennymacca"]I know its just rubbish rumours, but jeez a backline of Talia, Hurley and Lever would be close to the AFL's best in a couple of years

[-X

Thats some huge coin. Would have thought 600-700 sounds about right for Hurley, but I guess these days you really need to fork out to pry a player away from a club, especially when there is likely a bidding war[/quote]
Carlisle just signed for $650-700 and Hooker being offered up to $800, Hurls has both those players covered by a fair bit.
It's the going rate for a KPP who can play at either end
Jim05
Coach

Postby Dog_ger2 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:51 pm

carey wrote:12th

Be4 the season started I thought not a top 8 team...

I am starting to get excited but I know to keep this in house.

We are always told by the media how good we are, every year...

But we always end up stumbling...

Prove me wrong Crows...

Yeah around 10th...

This week will see where we are but it's only april...
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:14 am

stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I guess well have to wait for Stan to clear it up, English isnt a strong point of this site, i personally dont like using apostrophes. Context of the previous quotes tells me Stan is not suggesting anything sinister, just agreeing

Ok well there is no hidden meaning. Brad Crouch most likely has a niggle really and I agreed that they also chose not to risk him on the Etihad deck. Similar to how Port didn't risk Polec on the deck.

Just my opinion and nothing else implied. Would probably play this week unless they go with an unchanged side that touched up Richmond.

Oh so i was right, again!! Apology accepted MW
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL