Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

by stan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:22 am

daysofourlives wrote:
stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I guess well have to wait for Stan to clear it up, English isnt a strong point of this site, i personally dont like using apostrophes. Context of the previous quotes tells me Stan is not suggesting anything sinister, just agreeing

Ok well there is no hidden meaning. Brad Crouch most likely has a niggle really and I agreed that they also chose not to risk him on the Etihad deck. Similar to how Port didn't risk Polec on the deck.

Just my opinion and nothing else implied. Would probably play this week unless they go with an unchanged side that touched up Richmond.

Oh so i was right, again!! Apology accepted MW

Gets a bit awkward now when the crows come out and say hes out for anotjer 2 - 3. Lol
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

by mighty hounds » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:58 am

stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I guess well have to wait for Stan to clear it up, English isnt a strong point of this site, i personally dont like using apostrophes. Context of the previous quotes tells me Stan is not suggesting anything sinister, just agreeing

Ok well there is no hidden meaning. Brad Crouch most likely has a niggle really and I agreed that they also chose not to risk him on the Etihad deck. Similar to how Port didn't risk Polec on the deck.

Just my opinion and nothing else implied. Would probably play this week unless they go with an unchanged side that touched up Richmond.

Gets a bit awkward now when the crows come out and say hes out for anotjer 2 - 3. Lol

no such thing as a one week hammy
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

by MW » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:05 am

daysofourlives wrote:
stan wrote:

You're welcome :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

by stan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:58 am

mighty hounds wrote:
stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
stan wrote:[quote="daysofourlives"]I guess well have to wait for Stan to clear it up, English isnt a strong point of this site, i personally dont like using apostrophes. Context of the previous quotes tells me Stan is not suggesting anything sinister, just agreeing

no such thing as a one week hammy[/quote]
No you are correct. The way I read it that it was more of a precaution rather than injury.

So B.Crouch 2 - 3 weeks now.
stan
Coach

by Dog_ger2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Crows always look good early.

The media always gets up..

But every year we fail..

"Comment Wally May"...
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

by marbles » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:07 pm

Dyson Heppell to adelaide bahahaha

Was the editor of advertiser away this week and any random staff member could post the most amount of dribble on the back page heppell full size is a crows jumper aka dangerfield in a geelong jumper last season

Is it clown week at newscorp or was it something kane cornes heard at the local kindergarten from one of the little kiddies

Worst than the british tabloids to even suggest to yourself youd spend 3 hours writing an essay about heppell to adelaide omg

Year 8 english encouragement award goes to K. Corneees :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

by jakovasaurus » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:17 pm

marbles wrote:Dyson Heppell to adelaide bahahaha

Was the editor of advertiser away this week and any random staff member could post the most amount of dribble on the back page heppell full size is a crows jumper aka dangerfield in a geelong jumper last season

Is it clown week at newscorp or was it something kane cornes heard at the local kindergarten from one of the little kiddies

Worst than the british tabloids to even suggest to yourself youd spend 3 hours writing an essay about heppell to adelaide omg

Didn't he just say the crows should target Heppell?

Obviously he wouldn't come here, but the crows and every single other afl club would be idiots not to get in contact with him and his management.

Slow news day. But I think it was time better spent than your rant about it, and subsequently my time spent reading and replying to it.
(I'm currently pooping, so got time to kill though)

Think everyone else just lol'd at the headline and moved on with their lives.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

by bennymacca » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:33 pm

crows need gun midfielder to replace danger.

gun midfielder refuses to confirm he will stay at essendon next year on 360

article gets written that crows should go after gun midfielder as it would help their team.

Kornes definitely needed the year 8 encouragement award, but unfortunately marbles has just repeated year 6 for the third time.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

by Jim05 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:

article gets written that crows should go after gun midfielder as it would help their team.

Kornes definitely needed the year 8 encouragement award, but unfortunately marbles has just repeated year 6 for the third time.

Heppell like the others is still a chance to leave us. His lawyers are meeting the club this week to thrash out a compo deal and this will go a long way to determining if he stays or not.
Every club should be chatting to him although I just can't see him leaving Melbourne
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

by valleys07 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Heppell like the others is still a chance to leave us. His lawyers are meeting the club this week to thrash out a compo deal and this will go a long way to determining if he stays or not.
Every club should be chatting to him although I just can't see him leaving Melbourne

Hep was a Bomber fan as a young pup, right Jim?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

by whufc » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Agree wont leave Melbourne.

His already getting a foot in the door doing regular gigs on Melbourne based football shows.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5609 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

by Jim05 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:03 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Hep was a Bomber fan as a young pup, right Jim?

Yep and the club has helped his family out a fair bit. Both parents took part in the March the other week and his brother plays in our VFL side.
Dyson loves the club and will be the next skipper but he is taking it probably the hardest out of the lot. I think the club will pay him what he wants
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

by marbles » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:24 pm

jakovasaurus wrote:

Obviously he wouldn't come here, but the crows and every single other afl club would be idiots not to get in contact with him and his management.

Slow news day. But I think it was time better spent than your rant about it, and subsequently my time spent reading and replying to it.

Phht not sure if u saw the paper or read it online. Full page photo of heppell in a crows guernsey on the back page. Written by a port power player in his rookie year as a journalist

Tomorrows back page nate fyfe in a crows guersney.... maybe theyll trade him? Yea lets put that idea as the main story full page on the back of the states newspaper put him in a crows guersney. Is this grade 5 english class?

You seem to know a lot about what 'everyone' thinks and what they do with their lives
marbles
Assistant Coach

by stan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:39 pm

marbles wrote:
jakovasaurus wrote:

Phht not sure if u saw the paper or read it online. Full page photo of heppell in a crows guernsey on the back page. Written by a port power player in his rookie year as a journalist

Tomorrows back page nate fyfe in a crows guersney.... maybe theyll trade him? Yea lets put that idea as the main story full page on the back of the states newspaper put him in a crows guersney. Is this grade 5 english class?

You seem to know a lot about what 'everyone' thinks and what they do with their lives

Tiser on tough times. Getting fire fighters to write articles [emoji12]
stan
Coach

by marbles » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:46 pm

He is vice captain yea?

He knows jobe is near retirement and he (mr heppell) is captain of the club at least till the end of the decade?

The loyalty would be extreme but geeze ur stuck on some couch suspended watching the brilliant afl where ur one of the top 20 players the resentment would be sky high for that stupid club.... go blues

Anyways this is a crows thread. No chance kane
marbles
Assistant Coach

by Grahaml » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:10 am

it's a reasonable suggestion, but far from a full page article worth of writing. Cornes is even worse than his old man at writing nonsense, but hopefully his MFS career takes off and takes him off the air, so to speak.

Advertiser trying awfully hard to pump up the Crows this week. Understand it's been a good start to the year but it feels awfully like false flattery. Reckon Rucci et al are trying to go hard early so they can then peddle the "underachieved" tag if the Crows don't make a prelim or the alternate version of how much they know footy if they do. Bit like the way they made a massive issue of Williams having that clause in his contract a few years ago where they eventually forced Port into a hasty extension. They don't care about footy or the truth. Just about making that horse nice and tall.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

by bennymacca » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:52 am

The funnier articles are how the crows are better without Dangerfield.

Lmao he is probably a top 5 player in he comp, of course the crows are worse without him.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

by MW » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:23 pm

I think most people understand what they are getting at with comments like this. They are not saying Danger is a bad player but the structure of the team is a lot different with him out of the side. Does it make them a better side with Danger out? No. Does it make them a more functional team? So far, yes it seems so. There is much less of gang tackling the opponent allowing them to get over the top and run off with it. 3 games in, time will tell.
MW
Coach

by Booney » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:28 pm

MW wrote:I think most people understand what they are getting at with comments like this. They are not saying Danger is a bad player but the structure of the team is a lot different with him out of the side. Does it make them a better side with Danger out? No. Does it make them a more functional team? So far, yes it seems so. There is much less of gang tackling the opponent allowing them to get over the top and run off with it. 3 games in, time will tell.

While the form and style is good at the moment, it has been a loss to the Kangaroos, a win over a Port side not 100% ( and perhaps not as good as every one thought ) and a win over the heartless Tiges. Early days, very early days.

Big two weeks coming up, two good tests await.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

by MW » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:I think most people understand what they are getting at with comments like this. They are not saying Danger is a bad player but the structure of the team is a lot different with him out of the side. Does it make them a better side with Danger out? No. Does it make them a more functional team? So far, yes it seems so. There is much less of gang tackling the opponent allowing them to get over the top and run off with it. 3 games in, time will tell.

While the form and style is good at the moment, it has been a loss to the Kangaroos, a win over a Port side not 100% ( and perhaps not as good as every one thought ) and a win over the heartless Tiges. Early days, very early days.

Big two weeks coming up, two good tests await.

It's all interpretation...you could of written "a narrow loss to a very good Kangaroos side away, thrashing a top four contender in Port, and easily accounting for a smarting Richmond side away" :lol:
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL