PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Re: 20-1 REBs worst AFL Guernseys

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Booney wrote:The Roswell Aliens wear this one too.

Awesome side. Win by 51 points every week.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:24 pm

bennymacca wrote:can kevin sheedy piss off pls

Why, it's not a bad idea.
Both clubs have some pretty good initiatives for the game and despite us being woeful there still will be 50-60k there tomorrow is think
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Both clubs have some pretty good initiatives for the game and despite us being woeful there still will be 50-60k there tomorrow is think

it mainly pisses me off that every "themed" game seems to be between two victorian clubs, usually one of them is essendon or collingwood or both

is that they only way they can get their fans to go to a game?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:48 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

it mainly pisses me off that every "themed" game seems to be between two victorian clubs, usually one of them is essendon or collingwood or both

Not at all, Geelong v Essendon traditionally gets a decent crowd.
Think it's not a bad idea to recognise the country folk as both clubs would have a ton of members from country Victoria or elsewhere.
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:53 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

In a lot of cases it sounds like they come up with the initiatives
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:15 pm

some of the rounds are good imo. I like indigenous round and womens round.

Its more that they are trying to block out the schedule to ensure they get first dibs on this sort of thing. ANZAC day is a prime example. the fact that its only essendon and collingwood is ridiculous

even worse are "traditional" games like richmond carlton season opener and collingwood melbourne queens birthday. those sorts of days should be for the absolute marquee games of the comp, based on recent results, not for victorian teams to make sure they get the standalone games when they dont deserve them.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:some of the rounds are good imo. I like indigenous round and womens round.

Its more that they are trying to block out the schedule to ensure they get first dibs on this sort of thing. ANZAC day is a prime example. the fact that its only essendon and collingwood is ridiculous

even worse are "traditional" games like richmond carlton season opener and collingwood melbourne queens birthday. those sorts of days should be for the absolute marquee games of the comp, based on recent results, not for victorian teams to make sure they get the standalone games when they dont deserve them.

But the interstate sides are just playing a rebranded VFL
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:41 pm

bennymacca wrote:some of the rounds are good imo. I like indigenous round and womens round.

Really the reason the SA clubs don't get these is because they can't get the numbers of a marquee game with any other club outside of a showdown, and Showdowns already draw the big crowds. Giving the crows an opening game isn't going to entice more travelling fans to come over, giving them a queens birthday game isnt going to get more fans travel over.

Marquee games are designed to draw a bigger crowd than the usual fixture, something 2 VIC teams can manage against normal attendances, but something Interstate teams struggle to do outside of Showdowns/Derbys/Clashes/Battles...

Rich v Car played round 1 this year got 75,706 (the largest crowd still this year) but if that was played say round 6 it may only get 55k-60k there.
The Power played the Saints and got 43,807. Do you think it would get to the showdown figure of 51,585 if it were the opener, no chance

So an uplift of 15,000 min vs an uplift of 8,000 maximum is a pure economical decision as to why the Vic club get the privilege more often than not.

If the AFL know they will get 52k to a showdown, why would they then waste it in a marquee timeslot knowing they wont duplicate that figure with the game that replaces the showdown later in the year???

No outside of reasoning, I don't really like many if any if the themed rounds. ANZAC day is legendary and the 'theme' represents everyone in this great country. But most of the rest usually exclude someone in an effort to include another. Why do we have to single groups out all the time... If we are all inclusive, who cares where anyone comes from.. blah blah blah

Yet just to contradict myself, I really like Indigenous round personally
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:26 pm

whufc wrote:

Exactly, Crows fans seem to always ignore this fact.
This will never change and they knew what they were getting into when they joined.
Jim05
Coach

Postby MJ_23 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Brilliant thread REB.

I'm a bit of a jumper collector and some of these are in my collection and others are holy grail.

I am surprised the Ochre isn't in there
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby Jimmy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:51 am

RustyCage wrote:Some honorable mentions for mine

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450318083.414059.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450318108.679820.jpg

Those magpies ones are now being worn by the new York lady pies :)
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:37 am

A great cause but also a new contender:

images (13).jpg
images (13).jpg (16.05 KiB) Viewed 486 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:30 am

Pink and brown jokes here we come*!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:34 am

Booney wrote:Pink and brown jokes here we come*!

You have to pot a red, before you can sink a colour.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:42 am

images (14).jpg
images (14).jpg (15.77 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:58 am

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:

This will never change and they knew what they were getting into when they joined.

I think there needs to be a bit of context to some of this, as well.
The Melbourne Collingwood game, to my understanding, on a Queen's Birthday Monday became a 'marquee' game at a time when the Demons were struggling financially. It was an opportunity to help Melbourne and the game has been scheduled on this day since - with gate proceeds going to the Demons. It is always a Melbourne home game.

As for Anzac Day, I get some of the reasons why other clubs, but mostly Adelaide people, complain about Collingwood and Essendon having that day - even though no one wanted it prior to those teams taking it on, and even at the time everyone was sceptical. But...because it's such an important day, I get their annoyance.
What I don't get, is if Adelaide people are so annoyed about being unable to play on Anzac Day, why are they not agitating to have a home game on the Anzac weekend once in a while? That has become Port's 'marquee' - a home game on Anzac weekend. They've made that match something. Why do Adelaide Crows supporters let this happen without complaint? Seems a tad hypocritical to me.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:12 am

Booney wrote:Pink and brown jokes here we come*!

Something like the pink and the stink?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:21 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:

The Melbourne Collingwood game, to my understanding, on a Queen's Birthday Monday became a 'marquee' game at a time when the Demons were struggling financially. It was an opportunity to help Melbourne and the game has been scheduled on this day since - with gate proceeds going to the Demons. It is always a Melbourne home game.

As for Anzac Day, I get some of the reasons why other clubs, but mostly Adelaide people, complain about Collingwood and Essendon having that day - even though no one wanted it prior to those teams taking it on, and even at the time everyone was sceptical. But...because it's such an important day, I get their annoyance.
What I don't get, is if Adelaide people are so annoyed about being unable to play on Anzac Day, why are they not agitating to have a home game on the Anzac weekend once in a while? That has become Port's 'marquee' - a home game on Anzac weekend. They've made that match something. Why do Adelaide Crows supporters let this happen without complaint? Seems a tad hypocritical to me.

Has nothing to do with me being a crows supporter. I don't really care that the crows aren't involved. That wasn't my point.

Would love to see the grand final rematch or something like that as the Anzac Day fixture
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:47 am

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:[quote="bennymacca"]some of the rounds are good imo. I like indigenous round and womens round.

Has nothing to do with me being a crows supporter. I don't really care that the crows aren't involved. That wasn't my point.

Would love to see the grand final rematch or something like that as the Anzac Day fixture[/quote]
Anyone can play on ANZAC Day just not at the MCG. We have just signed a 10 year deal for the Dreamtime game and the MCG are looking at locking in Essendon v Collingwood ANZAC Day for the next 20 years
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL