Postby marbles » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:41 pm

The crows are heading to India ive heard
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:If Port can make this work then good on them, however they need to use these funds to reduce their debt.

Port fans are the most precious in the league, you can't seem to discuss/debate or look at anything objectively without the hate.

Playing footy overseas has been going on for 25 years without success, Im not sure why China is automatically going to work, surely that is a reasonable discussion point?

The hate? =)) =)) Coming from us outwards? **** me. All the love we've been getting has been unbearable of late.

"You're doing nothing right!" and we cop it.

"Looks like a dodgy deal" and we cop it.

"Looks like a good deal" and we cop it.

I tell you what, when you've been kicked from pillar to post for the best part of a decade and things start to look on the up, people in high places are doing the right thing and the future looks bright for the first time in a long time to have the some old people come in and open a shit can of negativity on the whole process grows pretty ******* thin. Very ******* thin indeed.

It's not "to play footy overseas", it's a one off game ( potentially, much to be done yet as it's only a M.O.A that's been signed not a deal to play there ) and it's a way of expanding our great game. If it wasn't a deal worth being in on the AFL wouldn't have had the chief on board, like most club announcements it would have been a club thing only. It's a Port Adelaide led initiative that the AFL and SA Government see benefits in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Like anything time will tell.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:04 pm

Dutchy wrote:Like anything time will tell.

That we can agree on. The last lot of administrators, I wouldn't have backed, these ones I do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:If Port can make this work then good on them, however they need to use these funds to reduce their debt.

Port fans are the most precious in the league, you can't seem to discuss/debate or look at anything objectively without the hate.

Playing footy overseas has been going on for 25 years without success, Im not sure why China is automatically going to work, surely that is a reasonable discussion point?

perhaps they will use the extra money to improve game day experience ......... free fortune cookies at each game :D

but seriously would they be better off using the extra millions into some future fund or future investments to provide extra long term income ?
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby carey » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:58 pm

stan wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:Ports new Club song

The world today seems absolutely crackers
With nuclear bombs to blow us all sky high
There's fools and idiots sittin' on the trigger
It's depressing and it's senseless, and that's why

I like Chinese, I like Chinese
They only come up to your knees
Yet they're always friendly, and they're ready to please

There's nine hundred million of them in the world today
You'd better learn to like them, that's what I say

They come from a long way overseas
But they're cute and they're cuddly, and they're ready to please

I like Chinese food, the waiters never are rude
Think of the many things they've done to impress
There's Maoism, Taoism, I Ching, and chess

So I like Chinese, I like Chinese
I like their tiny little trees
Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin and yang-ese

I like Chinese thought, the wisdom that Confucius taught
If Darwin is anything to shout about
The Chinese will survive us all without any doubt

So, I like Chinese, I like Chinese
Yet they're wise and they're witty and they're ready to please
All together

Wo ai zhongguo ren, wo ai zhongguo ren
Wo ai zhongguo ren
Ni hao ma; ni hao ma; ni hao ma; zaijien

Their food is guaranteed to please
A fourteen, a seven, a nine and lychees

I like their tiny little trees
Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin and yang-ese

Read more: Monty Python - I Like Chinese Lyrics | MetroLyrics :D

Thats probably your best post to date to be honest.

1,000% Agree therefore we clearly know its not her work.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:03 pm

gossipgirl wrote:

perhaps they will use the extra money to improve game day experience ......... free fortune cookies at each game :D

but seriously would they be better off using the extra millions into some future fund or future investments to provide extra long term income ?

Pay off debt at 6% or invest for a 3% return (which you then pay tax on), pretty simple IMO.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby carey » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:04 pm

POT,KETTLE,BLACK

You post something negative upon every announcement Port make, With out fail.......
carey
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:

Pay off debt at 6% or invest for a 3% return (which you then pay tax on), pretty simple IMO.

Who is to say Port will do either, rather invest the funds back into the development of AFL in China and hope that this draws other corporate's in?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:10 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
bennymacca wrote:They are also the biggest economy in the world and have large interests in China.

Who?

The way I read it, China have large interests in..... China!

Who knew!

whoops, yeah that was supposed to read china has large interests in Australia - hence why its a property development company sponsorship
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby marbles » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:20 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
bennymacca wrote:They are also the biggest economy in the world and have large interests in China.

Who?

The way I read it, China have large interests in..... China!

Who knew!

whoops, yeah that was supposed to read china has large interests in Australia - hence why its a property development company sponsorship

u wing da wong number there
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:10 pm

On the question of relevance Mr Speaker...

This is great news for Port Adelaide. I really don't know how anyone could bag them for this. Even if only treated as a novelty factor by the chinese it could set the Power up financially for a long time. If I may the Adelaide 36ers have just completed their annual post-season/pre-season trip to China playing four games in Shandong (a sister city of Adelaide) against their local team and even though the 36ers won the series 3-1 without our stars and mainly playing our benchies and development players the SA Premier Jay Weatherill was there in person to present the 36ers with the trophy.

The NBL which is now majority owned by Larry Kestelman the founder of Dodo internet group and worth a couple hundred millions of dollars have announced plans to expand into Asia with the intention of not just playing NBL games in Asia but eventually a team entering the league. Yes the NBL have been down this route before with the failed Singapore Slingers experiment (the team is still going just no longer in the NBL) but now the league has a lot more financial muscle behind it. Starting next season all NBL teams can sign an Asian player with certain concessions made to accommodate the signing.

You would be silly not trying to expand into China or even Asia in general if you can afford to.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby gossipgirl » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:04 pm

Gozu wrote:On the question of relevance Mr Speaker...

This is great news for Port Adelaide. I really don't know how anyone could bag them for this. Even if only treated as a novelty factor by the chinese it could set the Power up financially for a long time. If I may the Adelaide 36ers have just completed their annual post-season/pre-season trip to China playing four games in Shandong (a sister city of Adelaide) against their local team and even though the 36ers won the series 3-1 without our stars and mainly playing our benchies and development players the SA Premier Jay Weatherill was there in person to present the 36ers with the trophy.

The NBL which is now majority owned by Larry Kestelman the founder of Dodo internet group and worth a couple hundred millions of dollars have announced plans to expand into Asia with the intention of not just playing NBL games in Asia but eventually a team entering the league. Yes the NBL have been down this route before with the failed Singapore Slingers experiment (the team is still going just no longer in the NBL) but now the league has a lot more financial muscle behind it. Starting next season all NBL teams can sign an Asian player with certain concessions made to accommodate the signing.

You would be silly not trying to expand into China or even Asia in general if you can afford to.

This is relevant in the basketball posts unless port are going to have a basketball team
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:54 am

Wow is the office populated earlier than usual this morning! Gotta love a Monday morning when the Crows win and Port lose (Well clearly I don't), The people you never even hear a word of are even up and about.

There is one Crows supporter here who actually understands the game and I talk to daily about footy in general. He has been going on since early last year that Port Adelaide have gone down hill slowly but surely the Minute Phil Walsh walked out the door. He claims he knows from insiders that Phil was the one behind the scenes that made it all happen and when Phil departed blokes tried to run there own race and when Tyson Edwards voiced his opinion on this he was shown the door. I believe he has a family member inside the 4 walls at Alberton. No idea whether there is anything behind this but this are certainly starting to look like something is seriously wrong.

IMO there is no way in the world that Hinkley can be blamed for that absolute disgrace that we called a game yesterday, The Port slogan seems to be 'We will never ever give up' F**K me just starting would've been good. I can handle losing, Everyone loses but the effort or lack there of yesterday was absolutely f**king disgraceful and heads simply must roll after a performance like that.

We all shit can Butcher and Mitchell (Myself included) but at least these 2 genuinely have a go and play to there upmost ability, Lacking ability is one thing but not having a go is far far worse. IMO opinion there needs to be at least 4 to 5 changes after a performance like that with at least a couple of big names, Otherwise the message is 'Yes its ok to go get ass raped by on side that should've been a 50/50 contest'

F**k me I think we have now offered them there first win, There highest score and biggest winning margin, Its the most pissed off I have ever been with Port Adelaide and I'm including the 2007 Grand Final as I believe we were very lucky to even be there and we just had things go our way to make it there, we were never going to win that game as opposed to this absolute disgraceful performance.

If changes are not made I simply will not attend Saturday night, It might only be 2 less people there but I refuse to go watch blokes gifted games on names and what they use to be, Look at the Sydney game in the NAB, we sent a heap of kids over and the effort these blokes showed put the current front runners to shame, Hang shit on me all you want for not rocking up but I'm that pissed off with it all its just the way it is if I went and seen no effort again I'd say the wrong thing, or do the wrong thing and it would just end bad........

End of rant
carey
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:06 am

I didnt see tue game, juat kept up with the scores so i have no idea who the culprits were. I saw some junk time stuff and it was going hrough the motions, just circle work and no real care or interest.

So name those who you would drop Carey. And who comes in?
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Magellan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:11 am

carey wrote:Wow is the office populated earlier than usual this morning! Gotta love a Monday morning when the Crows win and Port lose (Well clearly I don't), The people you never even hear a word of are even up and about.

Might be a bit more room come July/August. ;)

Carey, what are the chances that Hinkley will swing the axe like you suggested? Surely he has to send a message. GWS aren't crap by any measure, but pound for pound Port are the better side and would've pencilled Sunday arvo in as a win, particularly being played on essentially neutral turf.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:19 am

To be honest Nugget I don't even care who comes in its more the fact we as a club can not except a performance like that and heads must roll because of it. Kenny has been very loyal to this playing group for far to long they have let him down time and time again. As stated above Mitchell and Butcher are probably not up to it skill level wise but there endeavor and effort can not be questioned I'd rather see a bloke have a red hot go and lose than strut around like a millionaire only running one way and when the chips are down go missing.

I really want Bonner to get a game, people say his not ready pfft I say to them people look at yesterdays performance look at Byrne-Jones was he ready? Probably not but on shear effort I already like the kid and Sammy C???

I would think there should be pressure on Hartlett, Broadbent, Neade, Toumpas and most defiantly Lobbe.

Hinkley MUST I repeat MUST make some changes to make a statement to this group.

I heard Tredrea on the radio stating that the playing group are directly going against structures and instruction, One would think Tredders would be in the know and if this is the case we are in more trouble than Ralph Harris.
carey
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:22 am

Tredders probably has his own agenda!!

Next coach anyone!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:24 am

Magellan wrote:
carey wrote:Wow is the office populated earlier than usual this morning! Gotta love a Monday morning when the Crows win and Port lose (Well clearly I don't), The people you never even hear a word of are even up and about.

Might be a bit more room come July/August. ;)

Carey, what are the chances that Hinkley will swing the axe like you suggested? Surely he has to send a message. GWS aren't crap by any measure, but pound for pound Port are the better side and would've pencilled Sunday arvo in as a win, particularly being played on essentially neutral turf.

Kenny has been very loyal to this playing group backing them in but after a performance like that enough is enough they have let him down to many times, He simply must swing it at the end of the day a coach is judged by the win/lose column everything else is irrelevant so pressure will be on himself soon enough with out question.

GWS are a pretty handy outfit, I tipped GWS by 12 points in our tipping competition as I said losing is one thing but to put in a show like that is absolutely disgraceful and disgrace to the jumper.
carey
Coach

Postby dragonsphere » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:34 am

Should have let Hartlett go when the Kangas and Tiges were circling, runs around like hes top sh*t but when its tough going hes nowhere to be seen. Lobbe is cooked, may aswell give Muggsy Bouges a crack in the ruck. Unsure why we dropped Dougal Howard, at least he has a crack!!!!

Like Carey said I can handle losing but I cant handle a lack of effort, yesterday was the worse performance I have ever seen from any side probably at any level let alone **** an AFL side.

Michael Voss is cancerous, he coached Brisbane when they were turd, any improvement in his time there and the job would have been his for as long as he liked but no they went backwards. Ken needs a couple tactical masterminds behind him... He is struggling without Walsh and Richardson. Ken is a motivator not a tactician!!!!
dragonsphere
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Border Downs-Tintinara

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL