West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:01 am

Groover wrote:Haha no worries Q!
How did the results of your GPS look today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got home, I'll hopefully download our data tomorrow. Got a feeling we were down on km's from the first two weeks.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Groover » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:03 am

Wouldn't look into it too much, your oval is too small to rack up the K's.
Our boundary umpire said he did do 14km today though...

Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:48 am

Groover wrote:Wouldn't look into it too much, your oval is too small to rack up the K's.

Getting better value out of your boundary umpire than when he plays.. May as well tell him to keep doing boundary :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:52 am

Olaf wrote:Reasonably ironic seeing and hearing the vile vitriol spilling from the IF A grade coach at the young central umpire. Something about rocks perhaps

Less said about the quality of umpiring the better in that A grade match.. I don't want to have a crack at umpires - obviously we need them for games but couple quick points.
A) Dont think it was the A grade coach making comments, I was next to him the entire match, think you will find one of the support staff made have said things - and they were pulled up on it when it happened.. We even more supporters away from the area who we thought were getting carried away.
B) Not sure comparing supporters hurling abuse at a kid volunteering is the same as someone who is an apparent semi professional, appointed, neutral adult..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:36 am

Zartan wrote:
Olaf wrote:Reasonably ironic seeing and hearing the vile vitriol spilling from the IF A grade coach at the young central umpire. Something about rocks perhaps

Less said about the quality of umpiring the better in that A grade match.. I don't want to have a crack at umpires - obviously we need them for games but couple quick points.
A) Dont think it was the A grade coach making comments, I was next to him the entire match, think you will find one of the support staff made have said things - and they were pulled up on it when it happened.. We even more supporters away from the area who we thought were getting carried away.
B) Not sure comparing supporters hurling abuse at a kid volunteering is the same as someone who is an apparent semi professional, appointed, neutral adult..

Wow..Classic case of mistaken identity. The IF A grade coach takes responsibility for the conduct of his support staff and will continue to do so, he understands that he is ultimately responsible for this. Having said that, he does take exception to being publicly identified INCORRECTLY though!
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby human_torpedo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:15 am

Zartan wrote:Would like to extend my thanks to the TOS supporters who thought it would be a great idea to hurl abuse and swear constantly at my 13yo boundary umpire in the B grade, who finished the game in tears..

.. Now I've got to find another volunteer, and unfortunate that a young kid has been turned away.

Stay classy pack of tossers

Thats very disappointing to hear. Thats not the image the club would like to have presented publicly. We of all clubs should understand how hard it is to obtain volunteers on match days, thus my disappointment in the matter..

I won't be engaging in a slanging match or anything like that, if this was the case we apologise and accept our actions aren't good enough and will be dealing with it internally. However, the 'stay classy' line was a bit rich one would think..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Milly » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:30 am

human_torpedo wrote:
Zartan wrote:Would like to extend my thanks to the TOS supporters who thought it would be a great idea to hurl abuse and swear constantly at my 13yo boundary umpire in the B grade, who finished the game in tears..

.. Now I've got to find another volunteer, and unfortunate that a young kid has been turned away.

Thats very disappointing to hear. Thats not the image the club would like to have presented publicly. We of all clubs should understand how hard it is to obtain volunteers on match days, thus my disappointment in the matter..

I won't be engaging in a slanging match or anything like that, if this was the case we apologise and accept our actions aren't good enough and will be dealing with it internally. However, the 'stay classy' line was a bit rich one would think..

I'm pretty confident the rules of the league say any boundary or goal umpire need to be 14 years of age?
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby human_torpedo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:53 am

Milly wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

I'm pretty confident the rules of the league say any boundary or goal umpire need to be 14 years of age?

Irrelevant. 13, 14 or 40 years of age. Volunteers shouldn't be the subject of any abuse. As anyone shouldn't really. But players and coaches are generally happy to engage in a bit of banter.. volunteers, especially kids, shouldnt be..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Groover wrote:Wouldn't look into it too much, your oval is too small to rack up the K's.

You'd be surprised, you tend to run to capacity regardless of oval size
Q.
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:43 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Irrelevant. 13, 14 or 40 years of age. Volunteers shouldn't be the subject of any abuse. As anyone shouldn't really. But players and coaches are generally happy to engage in a bit of banter.. volunteers, especially kids, shouldnt be..

Really appreciate how you've handled this situation (away from these pages I mean)... Quality bloke, full of class.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Q. wrote:You'd be surprised, you tend to run to capacity regardless of oval size

I can confirm this - no matter the oval size, I struggle to run more than 20m
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:24 am

Zartan wrote:
Q. wrote:You'd be surprised, you tend to run to capacity regardless of oval size

I can confirm this - no matter the oval size, I struggle to run more than 20m

I don't know about that, I saw you run pretty hard to try and take that mark on the goal line Saturday ;)
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby BZB27 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:05 am

For everyone worried about my aguts use can all breathe easy they are ok and can still do the job required ;)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby cossi11 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:00 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Hard physical game we had our chances I'm stuffed going to bed cossi and his goons did ok

I am looking forward to the day we play 4 quarters of footy like we did in that second half..
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:09 pm

D6 Ladder after Rd 3:
6 - West Croydon
6 - Ingle Farm
4 - Houghton Districts
4 - Brahma Lodge
4 - Woodville South
--------------------------------
2 - Trinity OS
2 - Mawson Lakes
2 - Fitzroy
0 - Mitchell Park
0 - Adelaide Lutheran

Round 4:
Adelaide Lutheran v Mawson Lakes: Adelaide Lutheran are in struggle town at the moment, and it's made worse with Uni holidays at the moment impacting their ability to field a full strength side. Mawson Lakes are a bit of a quiet builder - although only the 1 win so far, their 2x losses to sides tipped pre-season to be around the mark come business end have been closer than many may have thought. Well coached, understand their game - good midfield and dangerous forward line, I fancy Mawson Lakes will bounce back into the winners circle this week.

Ingle Farm v West Croydon: The only two undefeated sides remaining, this promises to be a cracking clash. West Croydon have added to their already finals hardened squad over summer, and it's paying dividends with strong performances across all grades. Woodcock & McKinnon combining for 10 goals between them on the weekend, they'll provide headaches this week for the Farmers, and we all know how dangerous Sumner is. I see Stubberfield played in the B grade Saturday - this bloke genuinely thrives on playing against Ingle Farm, wonder if he will stick his hand up for an A grade game. Ingle Farm were tested by TOS on the weekend, and scraped away with the vital two points. This will be a beauty of a match.

Mitchell Park v Trinity OS: Mitchell Park have struggled a bit since returning to D6, but are always a much more formidable opponent at home, and I'm not sure TOS have a suitable match up to contain McDonnell. Roberts should win the ruck battle, but from there i think it'll be struggle town. TOS were impressive on the weekend - their pickups in Lamont, Hooker, Maher are beauties and Spurr returning is so dangerous. Two Zorich's & Cotter makes for a big forward line and difficult to stop. Think TOS are a better unit than results have shown so far and should win this clash.

Woodville South v Houghton Districts: Interesting match up this one. Houghton have shocked the comp with their start to the season to be sitting comfortable at 2-1 including a strong win against TOS Rd 1. Underrated it seems, the Raiders when Paradiso returns will boast arguably the most dangerous midfield in the division, with Cam Schutz gifted his prime movers first use. Woody South on the other hand have been doing enough to collect the points, but haven't se the world alight, all their victories have been only by a handful of goals. The question will be how Houghton can handle the wide expanses of Ledger Reserve.. but I sniff an upset, and Houghton in a boil over to win against the fancied Cats.

Brahma Lodge v Fitzroy: Fitzroy will be happy to have recorded their first win Saturday, and Cotter led the way with 6. Asfaha amongst the best players i see - this kid has some talent, i look forward to seeing how he goes in a couple of years when he's fully matured! Unfortunately I think the joy will be short lived for the 'Roys as they run into a Brahma Lodge side that's beginning to find it's groove. Surely a typo on SportingPulse with Cosenza 5 goals? A lot of experience amongst that Lodge line up and plenty of dangerous players capable of kicking goals. I think this will be an ANZAC Day massacre, Brahma to win by plenty, and Aloisi to run riot with 7 goals.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:25 pm

D6R Ladder after Rd 3:
6 - Trinity OS
6 - Mitchell Park
6 - West Croydon
4 - Brahma Lodge
4 - Woodville South
--------------------------------
2 - Ingle Farm
2 - Adelaide Lutheran
0 - Fitzroy
0 - Mawson Lakes
0 - Houghton Districts

Round 4:
Adelaide Lutheran v Mawson Lakes: Mawson Lakes have struggled for a couple of seasons in this division, unfortunately I cant see that changing this weekend. Williams, Rae and Pearce will continue to work hard for the Mozzies, but they will struggle against the height of Adelaide Lutheran. Jenke, Borgas loom as danger men, and Byford up forward is a handful. Phelan on the wing appears to be finding some good form and Prater down back loves to mop up the entries. I think Lutheran will win this comfortably and create more log jam in the fight for the 5.

Ingle Farm v West Croydon: West Croydon are firing this year, huge improvers on last year and find themselves undefeated. Dangerous forward line with good size with the likes of Stubberfield and Cuellar running around, and Campbell enjoying a year back in the B grade after spending most of the season in the 1's last year. An experienced unit with plenty of dangermen, they've put the comp on notice and will take some beating. Ingle Farm continue to struggle getting into this season, and another comprehensive loss on Saturday further reinforces their position outside the 5. Unfortunately they run into the raging West Croydon this week, and it's very hard to see anything but another loss coming up, and last years grand finalists could well find themselves 2x games outside the 5 and closer to the bottom than the top.

Mitchell Park v Trinity OS: Mitchell Park have proven the surprise packet this season, sitting undefeated amongst the top of the ladder. Morell and his self imposed media ban is working wonders for the Lions and they've send shockwaves through the comp. At home this week, they'll face their toughest challenge to date against the reigning premiers. The smaller ground at Mitchell Park may work in their favour though. Trinity OS on the other hand reaffirmed its position as flag favourites. A fit and disciplined line up, they clinically disposed of Ingle Farm Saturday and continue to win and win by big margins. Shut down a couple and a couple more pop up. Hard to see Mitchell Park winning this one unfortunately, TOS are a beauty.

Woodville South v Houghton Districts: Woody South face the winless Houghton who gave a better account of themselves on the weekend against a good Lodge outfit. Unfortunately on the larger Ledger Reserve, against a side who historically have been good in the reserves, i think the Raiders will be up against it, and the Cats will find themselves back amongst the front runners at weekends close. Jason O'Regan loves beating up on a weaker opponent, expect him to collect a bag of goals, and with Todd, Cross, Goodes, Simpson Woody South will be very difficult to stop.

Brahma Lodge v Fitzroy: This match will go much the way of the A grade. Fitzroy let a golden opportunity slip Saturday to collect their first win, and now travel out to face last years minor premiers on their own turf on ANZAC Day. Couple of 'Roys lads can hold their heads high and battle hard, Mancheff clearly their best, but they'll be flogged hard this week, Lehman will have a field day up forward, Smith will dominate the ruck and the Lodge midfield will smash the 'Roys. This will be a cricket scoreline as Brahma begin to assert themselves.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Plums_deep » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:40 pm

BZB27 wrote:For everyone worried about my aguts use can all breathe easy they are ok and can still do the job required ;)

I'm not sure if i agree with that last bit ;)
Plums_deep
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby cossi11 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:51 pm

Zartan wrote:Brahma Lodge v Fitzroy: Fitzroy will be happy to have recorded their first win Saturday, and Cotter led the way with 6. Asfaha amongst the best players i see - this kid has some talent, i look forward to seeing how he goes in a couple of years when he's fully matured! Unfortunately I think the joy will be short lived for the 'Roys as they run into a Brahma Lodge side that's beginning to find it's groove. Surely a typo on SportingPulse with Cosenza 5 goals? A lot of experience amongst that Lodge line up and plenty of dangerous players capable of kicking goals. I think this will be an ANZAC Day massacre, Brahma to win by plenty, and Aloisi to run riot with 7 goals.

5 kicks for 5 goals :lol:
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:38 pm

cossi i would say next time we meet it will be a cracker of a game our work rate in the first half was spot on the mark maybe after half time we dropped back a notch and paid the price you guys kicked well into the breeze

still not sure how that player who clotheslined our player didnt get yellow carded at best he will be missing for least 1-2 weeks i seen somethings in my time playing but at that sort of pace and impact
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:44 pm

4.7 in our first term came back to bite us on the arse
Q.
Coach