Rosewater
17%
Smithfield
23%

Total votes : 66

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Postby turk186 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
chief wrote:Just a quick thank you to all the Rosewater officials that helped out with our player yesterday. Player doing ok had broken Tib and Fib and had surgery last night to have a rod inserted. Thanks again from Greenacres FC

Thanks. Good luck to the bloke. Bloody Ambos took forever...and ridiculous they wouldnt drive on the oval.

Might well be worth all clubs being aware of the Ambos stance....... they will not drive onto any reserve in case they get bogged which would cost them their job....... I'm with you Beefy surely common sense should prevail
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby The Bedge » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:46 pm

chief wrote:Just a quick thank you to all the Rosewater officials that helped out with our player yesterday. Player doing ok had broken Tib and Fib and had surgery last night to have a rod inserted. Thanks again from Greenacres FC

Saw the photos on FB last night, terrible news and horrific looking break! Thoughts go out to the player, massive blow to all involved..
Would be surprised if he played again :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby oldman » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Must have been the day for horrific leg injuries. A young lad from Pulteney suffered the worst leg injury I have seen anywhere!!!!! As for the ambulance that took over half hour to arrive and considering it was played in the middle of the city at Pulteney 30 mins is a joke. They did however drive into the oval. Good luck to the lad injured.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby SATCHEL » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:23 pm

Why is it they can drive onto Pultneys oval and not on ours. Cant drive on ovals, what a disgrace. That guy sat on the oval screaming in pain. If it wasnt for our trainers and that of greenacres he may have sat there for weeks on end. The ambos drove around the oval after walking slower than two sloths making love on a sushi train to then slowly walk across and bring the board over. Seriously its a horrific injury and time is usually of the essence. You would have thought you would have just a little more effort to help the bloke. I guess it has got me a tad upset about it. If it was an ice user flipping out they would have been there quick smart. Shout out to all the dragon lads that came in for a beer afterwards and hung around for a while. Hope he recovers well and quickly. Pretty handy player that im sure the dragons will miss. Anyone form greeneacres tell us how your ruckemn is. Went down earlier with a knee. Hope hes travelling ok also. Look forward to seeing you guys on the return bout and having a beer. All the best for the rest of the year.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby heater31 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:13 pm

oldman wrote:Must have been the day for horrific leg injuries. A young lad from Pulteney suffered the worst leg injury I have seen anywhere!!!!! As for the ambulance that took over half hour to arrive and considering it was played in the middle of the city at Pulteney 30 mins is a joke. They did however drive into the oval. Good luck to the lad injured.

I get the impression they classify football related injuries as 'non-life' threatening having played at Pulteney over the years I have seen the ambos rock up to everything from an ACL to a badly dislocated elbow. Each time they took a similar amount of time to drive from the Wakefield Street Fire Station. The biggest problem is finding the gate to get onto the oval. The Club has learnt from previous experience that you must have someone play chicken with the traffic on South Terrace to get their attention! :oops:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:57 pm

SATCHEL wrote:Why is it they can drive onto Pultneys oval and not on ours. Cant drive on ovals, what a disgrace. That guy sat on the oval screaming in pain. If it wasnt for our trainers and that of greenacres he may have sat there for weeks on end. The ambos drove around the oval after walking slower than two sloths making love on a sushi train to then slowly walk across and bring the board over. Seriously its a horrific injury and time is usually of the essence. You would have thought you would have just a little more effort to help the bloke. I guess it has got me a tad upset about it. If it was an ice user flipping out they would have been there quick smart. Shout out to all the dragon lads that came in for a beer afterwards and hung around for a while. Hope he recovers well and quickly. Pretty handy player that im sure the dragons will miss. Anyone form greeneacres tell us how your ruckemn is. Went down earlier with a knee. Hope hes travelling ok also. Look forward to seeing you guys on the return bout and having a beer. All the best for the rest of the year.

So your not an ice user?
Ive seen your show!
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Maybe not ice, but with a rant like that he's definitely on something.

They can normally drive on ovals in good weather, if there is sufficient access (and a safe way to access it) and if the injury warrants that the patient isn't to be moved when you call 000.

Ok, the poor bloke was in a mountain of pain but that's no reason to hang shit on Ambo's because they didn't get out to him in 5 minutes. He was alive and i'm assuming he was breathing, so unfortunately this doesn't put him in the top priority. It's a broken leg, it wasn't going to get anymore broken as I'm sure the very qualified trainers would've had it suitably splinted so it couldn't be moved so time isn't of the essence. If he'd had a heart attack, or slashed a jugular, time would be of the essence.

(sorry, not trying to downgrade this injury at all but facts are facts)

Best of luck to the player for a speedy recovery. They are awful when they happen - Thankfully in 20 years, I've only seen 2 tib/fib breaks (normally comes with an ankle dislocation to boot, not sure if it happened in this instance) and both went onto play again.

I'll be sure to feed back to my Ambo mate at Port Adelaide that you think they're crap and don't care.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:08 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Maybe not ice, but with a rant like that he's definitely on something.

They can normally drive on ovals in good weather, if there is sufficient access (and a safe way to access it) and if the injury warrants that the patient isn't to be moved when you call 000.

Ok, the poor bloke was in a mountain of pain but that's no reason to hang shit on Ambo's because they didn't get out to him in 5 minutes. He was alive and i'm assuming he was breathing, so unfortunately this doesn't put him in the top priority. It's a broken leg, it wasn't going to get anymore broken as I'm sure the very qualified trainers would've had it suitably splinted so it couldn't be moved so time isn't of the essence. If he'd had a heart attack, or slashed a jugular, time would be of the essence.

Best of luck to the player for a speedy recovery. They are awful when they happen - Thankfully in 20 years, I've only seen 2 tib/fib breaks (normally comes with an ankle dislocation to boot, not sure if it happened in this instance) and both went onto play again.

I'll be sure to feed back to my Ambo mate at Port Adelaide that you think they're crap and don't care.

100% correct

I have dealt with the ambos a fair bit in my role as a swimming pool operator

Most would tell you that a break or dislocation which will not kill someone at a sporting event where they would presume there is multiple qualified first aiders on site will get prioritised fairly low in the scheme of what they have to attend to

That doesn't mean they don't care but to put it bluntly they will probably have more serious medical issues to attend
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby chief » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:58 pm

Thanks for your thoughts regarding our player Footy Chick,but you weren't there, so here are the facts Ambulances are no longer allowed to drive onto footy ovals due to getting bogged that's out the mouths of the two paramedics that attended yesterday.The injured player was in a world of pain and unable to be moved or even attempt to splint the leg due to the extent of the fracture.The trainers had it supported in their hands also had a nurse there who has extensive experience working in theatre and emergency and also wouldn't attempt to move him or splint it until paramedics arrived .The player had surgery last evening with two rods being inserted into his leg and is now on the road to recovery !!!
chief
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby Buddys wife » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:03 pm

Weve had an ambulance on our oval twice this year
Buddys wife

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:21 pm

chief wrote:Thanks for your thoughts regarding our player Footy Chick but you weren't there, so here are the facts Ambulances are no longer allowed to drive onto footy ovals due to getting bogged that's out the mouths of the two paramedics that attended yesterday. The injured player was in a world of pain and unable to be moved or even attempt to splint the leg due to the extent of the fracture. The trainers had it supported in their hands also had a nurse there who has extensive experience working in theatre and emergency and also wouldn't attempt to move him or splint it until paramedics arrived .The player had surgery last evening with two rods being inserted into his leg and is now on the road to recovery !!!

I wasn't there obviously and I don't doubt for a minute that he wasn't in a mountain of pain.

My point was more to Trev who suggested that Ambos should've been there in minutes because it was life and death. I didnt think for a minute that he would've been moved. Supporting the break with hands is still a form of splinting to stabilise the limb.

The reality of it is this. If 000 got 2 phone calls at the same time, one was a footballer with a broken leg, conscious, breathing and the other was a road accident with blood everywhere and an unconscious driver with suspected neck injury, where do you think the ambulance is going to go first?

. This ambulance thing must be a very new rule as the one I dealt with in a trial game last year helping out Broadview, the ambulance came onto the oval. Being that we haven't had any rain in yonks and rosewater oval is never boggy, it just seems very strange.

What makes even less sense is that the ambulance went onto the oval in the Parklands of all places yesterday in a separate incident.

At least he's on the mend and probably loving the drugs ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby SATCHEL » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:12 am

Footy Chick wrote:Maybe not ice, but with a rant like that he's definitely on something.

You are so far from what i was saying Lisa, Without putting words into my mouth lets have a good look at the statement. I don't remember saying they needed to be there in 2 minuets. OK, i did think it took much longer than i thought it would. I understand the limitations for severity of injury and the emergency services being at other call outs. When they advise to us what has happened the day before, that's what made me a little mad. Especially the fact they were able to drive onto Pulteneys oval on the same bloody day. Add to that, they drive around the block and take their sweet bloody time just waltzing across the oval. Am i on something other than concern for what happened that day. Nope I wouldn't have thought so.
What happened on Saturday wont change my opinion of what actually happened that day, is that not what this forum is about? Opinions and comments around footy and what happens? Might have to read the terms and conditions again. What would have been the reaction to other peoples comments if this had happened elsewhere. Would the replies be the same? To have this occur and then see that a completely different result on another field no more than 12k's away. As i said it was not a good look. This is not my full perspective of the emergency services, just that of what they said and to have them hamstrung to a stupid and ridiculous rule is a joke. I've had more than my fair share of call outs from footy ovals. Actually 9 in total. If my reaction warrants a bit of time off then so be it. Say what you like but they are my thoughts for what happened on the day.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:25 am

SATCHEL wrote:

You are so far from what i was saying Lisa, Without putting words into my mouth lets have a good look at the statement. I don't remember saying they needed to be there in 2 minuets. OK, i did think it took much longer than i thought it would. I understand the limitations for severity of injury and the emergency services being at other call outs. When they advise to us what has happened the day before, that's what made me a little mad. Especially the fact they were able to drive onto Pulteneys oval on the same bloody day. Add to that, they drive around the block and take their sweet bloody time just waltzing across the oval. Am i on something other than concern for what happened that day. Nope I wouldn't have thought so.
What happened on Saturday wont change my opinion of what actually happened that day, is that not what this forum is about? Opinions and comments around footy and what happens? Might have to read the terms and conditions again. What would have been the reaction to other peoples comments if this had happened elsewhere. Would the replies be the same? To have this occur and then see that a completely different result on another field no more than 12k's away. As i said it was not a good look. This is not my full perspective of the emergency services, just that of what they said and to have them hamstrung to a stupid and ridiculous rule is a joke. I've had more than my fair share of call outs from footy ovals. Actually 9 in total. If my reaction warrants a bit of time off then so be it. Say what you like but they are my thoughts for what happened on the day.

Mate they are trained to 'waltz' across the oval

While they are doing that they are assessing all the dangers, drunk spectators, oval conditions to wheel bed on, any other potential injuries, whether they may need further assistance etc etc

Secondly there medical staff, there not going to run across an oval carrying all their equipment, fatigued people make fatigued decisions

Sounds to me like they every think by the book other than maybe drive on the oval in which they may have had a reason
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:26 am

The player should've just sucked it up and hobbled off the ground.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:37 pm

Brahma Lodge CBC Old Collegians Uern, Travis Pending 2016-04-17

Massive pick up for the Dolphins if fit !!!
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:16 pm

We'll wait in anticipation for the denial ;)

Footy Chick

Postby adr107 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:33 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:Brahma Lodge CBC Old Collegians Uern, Travis Pending 2016-04-17

to play C grade with mates.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:02 am

adr107 wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Brahma Lodge CBC Old Collegians Uern, Travis Pending 2016-04-17

to play C grade with mates.

That will last a fortnight, til he gets called up. Massive waste of talent JUST to be playing C grade
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Mr Onions » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:10 am

Q. wrote:The player should've just sucked it up and hobbled off the ground.

Bring back the magic wet towel, everybody gets up when they get a face full of the magic wet towel
Mr Onions
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:33 am

SATCHEL wrote:

What happened on Saturday wont change my opinion of what actually happened that day ,is that not what this forum is about? Opinions and comments around footy and what happens? Might have to read the terms and conditions again. What would have been the reaction to other peoples comments if this had happened elsewhere. Would the replies be the same? To have this occur and then see that a completely different result on another field no more than 12k's away. As i said it was not a good look. This is not my full perspective of the emergency services, just that of what they said and to have them hamstrung to a stupid and ridiculous rule is a joke. I've had more than my fair share of call outs from footy ovals. Actually 9 in total. If my reaction warrants a bit of time off then so be it. Say what you like but they are my thoughts for what happened on the day.

Where did FC say you weren't allowed to have your opinion? She just said, in her opinion, that you were going a little OTT.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League