4 - Woodville South
--------------------------------
2 - Trinity OS
2 - Mawson Lakes
2 - Fitzroy
0 - Mitchell Park
0 - Adelaide Lutheran

Round 4:
Adelaide Lutheran v Mawson Lakes: Adelaide Lutheran are in struggle town at the moment, and it's made worse with Uni holidays at the moment impacting their ability to field a full strength side. Mawson Lakes are a bit of a quiet builder - although only the 1 win so far, their 2x losses to sides tipped pre-season to be around the mark come business end have been closer than many may have thought. Well coached, understand their game - good midfield and dangerous forward line, I fancy Mawson Lakes will bounce back into the winners circle this week.

Ingle Farm v West Croydon: The only two undefeated sides remaining, this promises to be a cracking clash. West Croydon have added to their already finals hardened squad over summer, and it's paying dividends with strong performances across all grades. Woodcock & McKinnon combining for 10 goals between them on the weekend, they'll provide headaches this week for the Farmers, and we all know how dangerous Sumner is. I see Stubberfield played in the B grade Saturday - this bloke genuinely thrives on playing against Ingle Farm, wonder if he will stick his hand up for an A grade game. Ingle Farm were tested by TOS on the weekend, and scraped away with the vital two points. This will be a beauty of a match.

Mitchell Park v Trinity OS: Mitchell Park have struggled a bit since returning to D6, but are always a much more formidable opponent at home, and I'm not sure TOS have a suitable match up to contain McDonnell. Roberts should win the ruck battle, but from there i think it'll be struggle town. TOS were impressive on the weekend - their pickups in Lamont, Hooker, Maher are beauties and Spurr returning is so dangerous. Two Zorich's & Cotter makes for a big forward line and difficult to stop. Think TOS are a better unit than results have shown so far and should win this clash.

Woodville South v Houghton Districts: Interesting match up this one. Houghton have shocked the comp with their start to the season to be sitting comfortable at 2-1 including a strong win against TOS Rd 1. Underrated it seems, the Raiders when Paradiso returns will boast arguably the most dangerous midfield in the division, with Cam Schutz gifted his prime movers first use. Woody South on the other hand have been doing enough to collect the points, but haven't se the world alight, all their victories have been only by a handful of goals. The question will be how Houghton can handle the wide expanses of Ledger Reserve.. but I sniff an upset, and Houghton in a boil over to win against the fancied Cats.

Brahma Lodge v Fitzroy: Fitzroy will be happy to have recorded their first win Saturday, and Cotter led the way with 6. Asfaha amongst the best players i see - this kid has some talent, i look forward to seeing how he goes in a couple of years when he's fully matured! Unfortunately I think the joy will be short lived for the 'Roys as they run into a Brahma Lodge side that's beginning to find it's groove. Surely a typo on SportingPulse with Cosenza 5 goals? A lot of experience amongst that Lodge line up and plenty of dangerous players capable of kicking goals. I think this will be an ANZAC Day massacre, Brahma to win by plenty, and Aloisi to run riot with 7 goals.

good solid preview of both grades, hope to see more of them!
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby cossi11 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:24 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:cossi i would say next time we meet it will be a cracker of a game our work rate in the first half was spot on the mark maybe after half time we dropped back a notch and paid the price you guys kicked well into the breeze

still not sure how that player who clotheslined our player didnt get yellow carded at best he will be missing for least 1-2 weeks i seen somethings in my time playing but at that sort of pace and impact

Well hopefully there is a return leg if we don't have too many of our dirty players out through suspension [-o< Will be nothing for anyone to talk about on here.

If there is one I'll bring the popcorn anyway ;)
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:cossi i would say next time we meet it will be a cracker of a game our work rate in the first half was spot on the mark maybe after half time we dropped back a notch and paid the price you guys kicked well into the breeze

still not sure how that player who clotheslined our player didnt get yellow carded at best he will be missing for least 1-2 weeks i seen somethings in my time playing but at that sort of pace and impact

I heard you were saying Houghton by plenty during the week, not a case of getting ahead of yourself?

*** You meaning Robb_Stark not Houghton in general
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:33 pm

carey i think we can win every game i look at our roster and rate it very high in this div im not one to backward step i did think we would beat them i said around 4-6 goals didnt pan out that way but lucky for me we get another shot at them maybe even 2 shots
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby adr107 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:carey i think we can win every game i look at our roster and rate it very high in this div im not one to backward step i did think we would beat them i said around 4-6 goals didnt pan out that way but lucky for me we get another shot at them maybe even 2 shots

No, no, no. We're going to finish 10th. Remember...
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:39 pm

adr107 wrote:No, no, no. We're going to finish 10th. Remember...

Settle petal, no need for sarcasm - it's a long season still ;)

Out of curiosity, what would Houghton internally consider a pass mark for this season? Finals?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Personally, I'd like to win the whole goddam thing.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Zartan wrote:

Out of curiosity, what would Houghton internally consider a pass mark for this season? Finals?

for the club id say this
lot of new faces in the A grade this year so a lot of unknowns.....
not getting relegated also a pass mark

me personally id say finals is a pass mark
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:44 pm

Zartan wrote:

from an outsiders view yes I would say finals. Make the 5 and who knows what can happen.......
carey
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:45 pm

Just looked over the predictions from pre-season - not one poster had you down as finishing 10th.. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:not getting relegated also a pass mark

Reckon you're already well on the way to achieving that goal :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:not getting relegated also a pass mark

Reckon you're already well on the way to achieving that goal :lol:

Luthies, M/Park and Fitzroy will battle the relegation out.
carey
Coach

Postby S Demon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Zartan wrote:

Just looked over the predictions from pre-season - not one poster had you down as finishing 10th.. 8)

Robran did. And a couple others who may have changed their minds before the season started.. 8)
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Browny25 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Milly wrote:Went and watched Brahma Lodge V Hougtin today for a bit fun of fun. Must say I love the Brahma Lodge way of shaking a tag on a bloke, just clothes line him behind play and make sure he can't play any more of the game. Also I did see number 22 from Lodge belt a bloke in the nuts and then run for his life and sook about every call the ump made. This same bloke walked to the bench in the first quarter because the ball wasn't getting kicked to him lol.
Brahma Lodge made no effort today to change what everyone thinks of that club. Yes you might have a good year but I look forward to when everybody walks for a bigger pay cheque and u ask to go down another couple of grades.

You live a sad life if that is what you look forward to...
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Robran » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:25 pm

S Demon wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Robran did. And a couple others who may have changed their minds before the season started.. 8)

Yes I did s demon as I didn't want to hurt my mates feelings at Fitzroy.. But I seriously doubt houghton will finish in the bottom half of the ladder let alone bottom.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby adr107 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:08 pm

Robran wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Yes I did s demon as I didn't want to hurt my mates feelings at Fitzroy.. But I seriously doubt houghton will finish in the bottom half of the ladder let alone bottom.

As Zartan said though, it is a really long season and we know we've got a lot of areas to improve on as a club. It's certainly been a good start and personally I'm really proud of the effort we're putting up both on and off field to grow and remain sustainable.

It's nice to suprise some of the old guard and make some people sit up and think that we might be one of the next Club's to be going places in the future. Just gonna keep plugging away...
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby EddieV » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:32 pm

BZB27 wrote:For everyone worried about my aguts use can all breathe easy they are ok and can still do the job required ;)

Well played 88
EddieV
Under 18s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby S Demon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:25 am

Robran wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Zartan wrote:

So did I mate, but I changed it after a few recruits appeared on the clearance list
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:49 pm

With Fitzroy playing on Monday for ANZAC Day this weekend, Ingle Farm are delighted to have former West Croydon coach Arch join us Saturday in a guest coaching support role against the Hawks. I'm sure his intimate knowledge of the club and players will be very useful.. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Zartan wrote:With Fitzroy playing on Monday for ANZAC Day this weekend, Ingle Farm are delighted to have former West Croydon coach Arch join us Saturday in a guest coaching support role against the Hawks. I'm sure his intimate knowledge of the club and players will be very useful.. 8)

Bit of Spice is always nice
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League