Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Brodlach » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:49 am

Not trolling. I took Darcy Byrne-Jones in my SC team so watched out for him, had 26 touches (great for SC). I would really like to know how many goals/possessions/influence his opponents had as a half back went nowhere near an opponent most of the night.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:55 am

a general best port side and how many are actually missing which no one seems to mention, not even kenny

B: Jack Hombsch, Alipate Carlile, Jarman Impey
HB: Matthew Broadbent, Jackson Trengove, Jasper Pittard
C: Hamish Hartlett, Travis Boak, Jared Polec
HF: Monfries, Justin Westhoff, , Robbie Gray
F: , Jay Schulz, Charlie Dixon, Chad Wingard
Foll: Paddy Ryder, Brad Ebert, Ollie Wines
INT: Matt White, Tom Jonas, Kracker, Sam Gray, Matthew Lobbe (prefer howard with ryder)

8 missing. just curiously looking. no excuses

how many would the cats have had out
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Grahaml » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:08 pm

Reckon you're being a tad generous there with some of those selections. But highlights to me that most are flankers, pockets or fringe players. The core is still there which is a worry because most sides need to deal with a key player or two missing chunks of a season.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Besides Schulz and Ryder the rest of them aren't going to win you a game of footy.

You could potentially blame injuries if the players were still putting in a good effort but the skills just weren't there.

But besides the first quarter last night they haven't given a Yelp in weeks. That's not a personnel issue.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Brodlach » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:40 pm

Cannot added players in the best 22 if they aren't there due to form
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:53 pm

marbles wrote:a general best port side and how many are actually missing which no one seems to mention, not even kenny

B: Jack Hombsch, Alipate Carlile, Jarman Impey
HB: Matthew Broadbent, Jackson Trengove, Jasper Pittard
C: Hamish Hartlett, Travis Boak, Jared Polec
HF: Monfries, Justin Westhoff, , Robbie Gray
F: , Jay Schulz, Charlie Dixon, Chad Wingard
Foll: Paddy Ryder, Brad Ebert, Ollie Wines
INT: Matt White, Tom Jonas, Kracker, Sam Gray, Matthew Lobbe (prefer howard with ryder)

8 missing. just curiously looking. no excuses

how many would the cats have had out

Polec is dropped, not injured
Kraoker is not in your best 22, neither is Carlile or Monfries IMO
If you need to go searching for your theoretical best 22, the answer may lie in the lack of depth. Signing the best 22 to big long term contracts and not building enough mid tier players.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:54 pm

Brodlach wrote:Cannot added players in the best 22 if they aren't there due to form

Yep, Monfries couldn't get a game anyway & as for the great white hope, Polec...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5486 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Mickyj » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:28 pm

It's very early in the 2016 and it's a long race the media was hyping up port Adelaide in the pre season .
Anyone who suggests they didn't never watched 7 news .
So far it's still a marathon race to the finals
But Port Adelaide being there might still be a long way off
I don't think the over hype of port Adelaide on 7 has helped them
Koche being one of ports fans ex players and CEO of the club I guess is a reason why they over hype them.

Whatever is going wrong isn't being addressed yet
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby stan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Mickyj wrote:It's very early in the 2016 and it's a long race the media was hyping up port Adelaide in the pre season .
Koche being one of ports fans ex players and CEO of the club I guess is a reason why they over hype them.

Im pretty sure Koshi is the President, Keith Thomas is the CEO. Not sure if Koshi played football for Port???
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:28 pm

im all for a president or chief administrator highlighting that the employees are being unaccountable not contributing as required

it is a business not a football academy

hinkley is too chicken to paint anyone in bad light good on the kosh for making known piss poor efforts are not acceptable at port adelaide in the real tradition of port
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:04 pm

Maybe all the other clubs were right not to give Hinkley a gig, looking more and more like it was Walsh and Richardson that were driving the bus.

Thought his presser last night was pathetic, how long have we heard "we know whats wrong"? Still wont crucify his players, they are way too comfortable whether that be because they never get dropped or because they have 15yr contracts i dont know.
My money's on Sam Gray, Toumpas, Neade, Stewart to be dropped, Ahchee, Polec and Mitchell to be the ins, Kenny making the big calls lol
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:12 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Maybe all the other clubs were right not to give Hinkley a gig, looking more and more like it was Walsh and Richardson that were driving the bus.

Thought his presser last night was pathetic, how long have we heard "we know whats wrong"? Still wont crucify his players, they are way too comfortable whether that be because they never get dropped or because they have 15yr contracts i dont know.
My money's on Sam Gray, Toumpas, Neade, Stewart to be dropped, Ahchee, Polec and Mitchell to be the ins, Kenny making the big calls lol

Beat your lot twice last year with no Walsh or Richardson in the box. It's not the plan.

Form and mindset aren't there it's not talent that is missing. Which makes it very difficult to watch.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Mickyj » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:21 pm

stan wrote:
Mickyj wrote:It's very early in the 2016 and it's a long race the media was hyping up port Adelaide in the pre season .

Im pretty sure Koshi is the President, Keith Thomas is the CEO. Not sure if Koshi played football for Port???

I posted on my phone sorry for the mistakes
Kohi is president his dad played for port
But once again channel 7 push port down viewers throats on the news
That add of theirs is every where including all over Foxtel doesn't make non port fans wanna support them
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:28 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Maybe all the other clubs were right not to give Hinkley a gig, looking more and more like it was Walsh and Richardson that were driving the bus.

I think your highlighting what the commentators said on Ports last game .
Two years ago they were fitter than the other teams they ran from first bounce to last bounce .
I watched last nights game first quarter I thought why didn't I pick Port rest of the game I'm glad I picked Geelong .
Once they lost the plot the rough tactics on Selwood woke him and the rest of Geelong up .
Going back to roughing up teams to put them off stopped working years ago

Change your game plan/style before the season begins
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:31 pm

marbles wrote:im all for a president or chief administrator highlighting that the employees are being unaccountable not contributing as required

it is a business not a football academy

hinkley is too chicken to paint anyone in bad light good on the kosh for making known piss poor efforts are not acceptable at port adelaide in the real tradition of port

Does that actually happen out there in the work force . Geez I've seen drunks promoted to team leaders dope heads either promoted or protected .
Then the rest of the employees are told off
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Brodlach wrote:Cannot added players in the best 22 if they aren't there due to form

True, but I also think it's harmful to keep people in the team when they really don't deserve their spot in the 22
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:23 pm

RustyCage wrote:

True, but I also think it's harmful to keep people in the team when they really don't deserve their spot in the 22

Thats so true hey. Theyre out of form out there they do some very stupid things or clangers and we the fans rip into them for sub standard and embarrassing contributions

Keeping them in the limelight when theyre depleted and down invites wolves or vultures and their esteem or form only gets worse

Get them out to avoid embarrassment
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Ruben Carter » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Please, please Kenny, if you don't do anything else, do this for us. I wouldn't mind if you played 1 short instead of replacing him.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Grahaml » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:20 pm

Port are getting obliterated in the midfield every game. The forward get rubbish supply and the defenders are under siege because the blokes between the 50s are getting their pants pulled down. And it's not the fringe mids that are the problem. If the guys in the furnace of the engine room. Gray and Wines have thus far been reasonable but the performances of Boak, Ebert and Hartlett are nothing short of embarassing. Until at least one of those 3 are dropped the I don't see Port properly addressing the issue.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Grahaml wrote:Port are getting obliterated in the midfield every game. The forward get rubbish supply and the defenders are under siege because the blokes between the 50s are getting their pants pulled down. And it's not the fringe mids that are the problem. If the guys in the furnace of the engine room. Gray and Wines have thus far been reasonable but the performances of Boak, Ebert and Hartlett are nothing short of embarassing. Until at least one of those 3 are dropped the I don't see Port properly addressing the issue.

What a croc! Lobbe continues to be smashed every week, Broadbent has been good but Boak, Ebert and Hartlett have no supporting players - who is going to replace them ? Kane Mitchell? Sam Colqhoun? You're dreaming if you think they'll make a real difference to Ports midfield issues.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL