West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby morell » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:25 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Huge test this week against last years Grand Finalists, with the combination of the Grand Junction Road curse and the now traditional away game player exodus, the smart money would be on a short priced Ingle Farm.

Kidding yourself. Saw enough of Ingle Farm B grade Saturday to suggest they're cooked for the season after just 4 games.

Especially coming off your huge win, expect you'll beat them by 10+ goals.
:lol:

Trust me mate, if the team that played Fitzroy and Mawson Lakes rocks up, you'll win easy. Already my two starting midfielders are out, my centre half back is out, Fringe A Grade player injured and out. I'll lose 2 or 3 to the A Grade. Struggling big time.

Ingle Farm $1.35
Mitchell Park $4.00
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:47 am

morell wrote:Ingle Farm $1.35
Mitchell Park $4.00

I'll take a bit of that $4 on offer :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 am

D6 Ladder after Rd 4:
8 - West Croydon
6 - Brahma Lodge
6 - Ingle Farm
6 - Woodville South
4 - Houghton Districts
----------------------------------
4 - Mawson Lakes
2 - Trinity OS
2 - Mitchell Park
2 - Fitzroy
0 - Adelaide Lutheran

Round 5:
Fitzroy v Woodville South: Another home game for the 'Roys, they'll be looking to claim another victory as they did two weeks ago. Showing signs of improvement over the past few weeks, unfortunately took a backwards step yesterday against the powerful lodge side. Will be interesting to see how the side can back up from the shorter break, and if it will hinder player recovery/ability to play. Woodville South have been quietly going about their business, building nicely and sitting in the top group on 3 wins & 1 loss. Whilst all the talk has surrounded West Croydon and co. the Cats have been able to stay quiet under the radar. My concern is how they'll manage the unique size and shape of Sam Johnson Sportsground. Perhaps a 'Roys victory isn't out of the question?

Houghton Districts v Adelaide Lutheran: Houghton will head into this game as raging favourites after an impressive showing against Woody South on the weekend. Robb Stark obviously finally let his footy do the talking, while Q no doubt racked up bulk km's on the GPS. Back home this week, very difficult to beat the mountain men on their home ground it's hard to see them dropping this game. The downside to Houghton is after a couple of weeks of school holidays, Adelaide Lutheran will be hoping to have a few return to the side to strengthen it. Not sure it'll be enough, and the Raiders should continue their good start to the season.

Mawson Lakes v West Croydon: Mawson Lakes are a disciplined unit, and although undermanned were able to shut down Adelaide Lutheran on the weekend to stay in touch with the top 5. Novosel wound back the clock once again, slotting a cool 8, whilst looking at the best players, the Lakes midfield ran rampant with familiar names all featuring - King, Kennett, Ung, McCammon. Unfortunately they run into the red hot Hawks, who have brushed all aside before them so far. Speaking with someone on the weekend, they pointed out the Hawks could consider themselves unlucky to still be in D6 - they've had an outstanding team for a number of years, but have ran into some very powerful sides - Rosewater & Blackfriars 2014, Lockleys & Smithfield 2015.. they've paid their dues and this could be the year. Ruck battle will be interesting, I think Mawson Lakes will hold the ascendancy in the centre, but they'll be hard pressed to find more winners around the ground, and will suffer another defeat.

Ingle Farm v Mitchell Park: Battle of the old enemy.. although these days, I doubt very much if many at Ingle Farm can recall the strong rivalry and hatred that existed. One person who will remember will be Nat McDonnell.. a bane of Ingle Farms for many seasons, he is one of two people who I can honestly say find an extra gear and grow a foot taller when playing Ingle Farm (Jeb Stubberfield being the other). Memories of the Mitchell Park comeback after half time at Rowe Park when last in D6 still haunts me, led by the twins who were like possessed rangas. Mitchell Park head into this game full of confidence after registering their first win in arguably the upset so far of the season. On the flip side of the coin, Ingle Farm will be looking to bounce back after their loss on the weekend, and would be hopeful to have almost a full team become available after failing to show up Saturday.

Trinity OS v Brahma Lodge: In a division that promises to be tight, you have to take your chances. TOS would've pencilled Saturday in for a win, and now find themselves in a difficult position, to be tested further still when they host a Brahma Lodge side beginning to wind up and fire, living up to the pre-season hype. This will be an interesting clash, Trinity are difficult to beat at home, have some big lads up forward and quality mids.. but Brahma are beginning to find some serious form, and Aloisi will be tough to stop. The question for me is if Brahma have enough size to stop the big boppers from TOS, but I also think Brahma will have too much run and class around the ground and will be tough to beat.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:42 am

D6R ladder after Rd 4:
8 - West Croydon
8 - Mitchell Park
6 - Trinity OS
6 - Woodville South
6 - Brahma Lodge
---------------------------------
4 - Adelaide Lutheran
2 - Ingle Farm
0 - Fitzroy
0 - Mawson Lakes
0 - Houghton Districts

Round 5
Fitzroy v Woodville South: Honourable losses in consecutive weeks for the 'Roys, but just cant seem to get over the line. Shorter turn around after the ANZAC Day clash, and they run into the ever strong Woody South. Expected to contend for the flag, the Cats will be tough to beat, whilst Fitzroy will be looking forward to easier games in coming weeks. Woody South wont lose here.

Houghton Districts v Adelaide Lutheran: As with Fitzroy, Houghton have shown glimpses whilst remaining winless. Stronger side at home, but similarly with the A grade they run into Adelaide Lutheran on the back of school holidays concluding, which should see their depth improve. Some good runners and target players, I think Adel Lutheran will prove too strong in this match.

Ingle Farm v Mitchell Park: Who would've thought Mitchell Park would beat Trinity! To say TOS were severely undermanned is a little disrespectful to Mitchell Park - they still had plenty of talent in their side. Mitchell Park proving the real surprise packet of the div this year. Ingle Farm must be wondering what they've done wrong - for the 3rd week in a row they come up against an undefeated side flying. An indication of the increased strength of D6 this year, Ingle Farm flounder with just the one win after 4 rounds. Will not improve this week, Mitchell Park by 5 goals.

Mawson Lakes v West Croydon: Another long season for Mawson Lakes it would seem this year, and unfortunately they host West Croydon this week, which will not aid their cause. The Hawks possess a very dominate forward line, big size and strength, and a couple of nippy little flankers which will give the Lakes a few headaches. Mawson Lakes may win the ruck, and if they can curb the influence of Sawtell and Emery they may stay competitive, but I think this will be a blow out.

Trinity OS v Brahma Lodge: TOS will be eager to bounce back this week after their shock defeat. Back at home where they love, I suspect Kreig may be an inclusion this week which adds 5 goals to their side. Brahma Lodge I'm perplexed with - last years minor premiers, depth improved at the club but over the past couple of weeks they've just done enough to get over the line, and hasn't been as emphatic as results last season. Are they struggling? Are sides just challenging them more? Are they over rated? I know internally they still rate themselves highly, as they should. This week is the change to prove that, but my money is on TOS to fight back with a strong win in a low scoring contest.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Zartan wrote:Ingle Farm v Mitchell Park: Battle of the old enemy.. although these days, I doubt very much if many at Ingle Farm can recall the strong rivalry and hatred that existed. One person who will remember will be Nat McDonnell.. a bane of Ingle Farms for many seasons, he is one of two people who I can honestly say find an extra gear and grow a foot taller when playing Ingle Farm (Jeb Stubberfield being the other). Memories of the Mitchell Park comeback after half time at Rowe Park when last in D6 still haunts me, led by the twins who were like possessed rangas. Mitchell Park head into this game full of confidence after registering their first win in arguably the upset so far of the season. On the flip side of the coin, Ingle Farm will be looking to bounce back after their loss on the weekend, and would be hopeful to have almost a full team become available after failing to show up Saturday.
Lecky circled this date and is hoping to reenact the infamous dogs night. :lol:

Off the top of my head - Ben, Nat, Lecky and myself would probably be the only ones still around and heavily involved from those halcyon days.

I don't think there was ever hatred, if anything most old school people at Parkies think Ingle Farm are one of the clubs that culturally most closely resemble ourselves.

Still, a replay of the 2002 GF will be on the TV Thursday night. :D
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:39 pm

morell wrote:Lecky circled this date and is hoping to reenact the infamous dogs night. :lol:

Hahaha!! Funnily enough, the bloke at the centre of that night, his 16yo son has been playing in the B grade :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:22 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Lecky circled this date and is hoping to reenact the infamous dogs night. :lol:

Hahaha!! Funnily enough, the bloke at the centre of that night, his 16yo son has been playing in the B grade :lol:
Ha! Ditto!* ;)

*hopefully
morell
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:34 am

Zartan wrote:D6R ladder after Rd 4:
8 - West Croydon
8 - Mitchell Park
6 - Trinity OS
6 - Woodville South
6 - Brahma Lodge
---------------------------------
4 - Adelaide Lutheran
2 - Ingle Farm
0 - Fitzroy
0 - Mawson Lakes
0 - Houghton Districts

Round 5
Fitzroy v Woodville South: Honourable losses in consecutive weeks for the 'Roys, but just cant seem to get over the line. Shorter turn around after the ANZAC Day clash, and they run into the ever strong Woody South. Expected to contend for the flag, the Cats will be tough to beat, whilst Fitzroy will be looking forward to easier games in coming weeks. Woody South wont lose here.

Houghton Districts v Adelaide Lutheran: As with Fitzroy, Houghton have shown glimpses whilst remaining winless. Stronger side at home, but similarly with the A grade they run into Adelaide Lutheran on the back of school holidays concluding, which should see their depth improve. Some good runners and target players, I think Adel Lutheran will prove too strong in this match.

Ingle Farm v Mitchell Park: Who would've thought Mitchell Park would beat Trinity! To say TOS were severely undermanned is a little disrespectful to Mitchell Park - they still had plenty of talent in their side. Mitchell Park proving the real surprise packet of the div this year. Ingle Farm must be wondering what they've done wrong - for the 3rd week in a row they come up against an undefeated side flying. An indication of the increased strength of D6 this year, Ingle Farm flounder with just the one win after 4 rounds. Will not improve this week, Mitchell Park by 5 goals.

Mawson Lakes v West Croydon: Another long season for Mawson Lakes it would seem this year, and unfortunately they host West Croydon this week, which will not aid their cause. The Hawks possess a very dominate forward line, big size and strength, and a couple of nippy little flankers which will give the Lakes a few headaches. Mawson Lakes may win the ruck, and if they can curb the influence of Sawtell and Emery they may stay competitive, but I think this will be a blow out.

Trinity OS v Brahma Lodge: TOS will be eager to bounce back this week after their shock defeat. Back at home where they love, I suspect Kreig may be an inclusion this week which adds 5 goals to their side. Brahma Lodge I'm perplexed with - last years minor premiers, depth improved at the club but over the past couple of weeks they've just done enough to get over the line, and hasn't been as emphatic as results last season. Are they struggling? Are sides just challenging them more? Are they over rated? I know internally they still rate themselves highly, as they should. This week is the change to prove that, but my money is on TOS to fight back with a strong win in a low scoring contest.

Zarts, I do enjoy your write ups, however I do need to pull you up on The Lodge's B Grade. Smithfield got the D6R Minor Premiership last year 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:45 am

Executive Member wrote:Zarts, I do enjoy your write ups, however I do need to pull you up on The Lodge's B Grade. Smithfield got the D6R Minor Premiership last year 8)

Ah whoops! Of course, I keep forgetting about Smithfield haha! I should remember too because they beat us last round to claim top spot!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Another easy round.

Woody Sth by 40pts
Houghton by 40 plus
Ingle Farm by 40 plus
West Croydon by 40 plus
Brahma by 40 plus

The top 4 are set, that leaves one spot for the 5 and Houghton will get it.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby carey » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Yank Man wrote:Another easy round.

Woody Sth by 40pts
Houghton by 40 plus
Ingle Farm by 40 plus
West Croydon by 40 plus
Brahma by 40 plus

Correct

Woody Sth by 64 points
Houghton by 72 against a 18 man flood
Ingle Farm by 80 points
West Croydon by 96 points
Lodge by 24 by points
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:08 pm

Woody Sth by 40pts
Houghton by 40 plus
Ingle Farm by 40 plus
West Croydon by 40 plus
Brahma by 40 plus

April Fools day is well and truely past.
Top 4 set.
No way.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby carey » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:

Woody Sth by 40pts
Houghton by 40 plus
Ingle Farm by 40 plus
West Croydon by 40 plus
Brahma by 40 plus

April Fools day is well and truely past.
Top 4 set.
No way.

Top 4 Definitely set.

Houghton and Trinty to fight out the 5th spot. Toss of the coin.
Mawsons, Adel Luth, MP and Fitzroy plan your Footy Trip lads.
carey
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:24 am

Yank Man wrote:The top 4 are set.

Wouldn't think so.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:36 am

Brahma Lodge West Croydon Adams, Aaron Denied 2016-04-27 2016-04-27

:lol: :lol: DENIED!
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby carey » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:54 am

Zartan wrote:

Wouldn't think so.

Want a wager the 4 'Teams' will stay the same?
carey
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:57 am

carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Wouldn't think so.

Name your price..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:37 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Brahma Lodge West Croydon Adams, Aaron Denied 2016-04-27 2016-04-27

Free Kick, Hawthorn
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby panthers » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:02 pm

Executive Member wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Brahma Lodge West Croydon Adams, Aaron Denied 2016-04-27 2016-04-27

Free Kick, Hawthorn

And as always hard earn't :D
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Computer Crashed » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:09 am

Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Wouldn't think so.

Name your price..

I want in too.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League