R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Oval

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

Postby Panther Pack » Sun May 01, 2016 8:23 pm

What a game South 6 goals down at 3 quarter time but they never gave in to kick 6 goals to 0 in the last quarter.

Daniel Bass kicked a goal with 3 seconds left on the clock, last kick of the game absolute best game I ever been to in the 18 years I've been going.

This win isn't only for South but for the whole SANFL, AFL teams r not welcome in this league and I let the Crows know all about it.

I got into the change rooms right before some muppet security stopped other members including my brother in law from getting into the change rooms to sing the song.

Club rooms were pumping after the win Cailetto Eddy and Barnes named best.

5 wins 0 losses u beauty get around the club!!!!!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby saintal » Sun May 01, 2016 8:45 pm

What a finish. One to savour..

Looked dead and buried 41 points down 10 minutes into the third term. The rest of the third was reasonable but South struggled to make a dent in the margin. The final term South ran the 'professionals' off their legs, streaming forward at every opportunity. A few late 'half chances' were squandered before big Bass received a free kick (I assume? as it didn't look like a mark) and slotted the match winner by mere inches over the defensive line. That was the only time South had led the contest.

Don't like to single out individuals after such a win, but really liked the games of Barnes, Hitchcock, Redigolo and Rose. Eddy also very good with half a dozen goals and he kept us in the contest early.

The Ravens appeared to play some bruise free footy at times in the final term and become fumbly. Until then they had looked too big and too good, particularly efficient when going forward.

Crowd wasn't too bad (by Noarlunga/Ravens standards), certainly bigger than the other couple of Ravens' games I've been to.

Security a little heavy handed after the siren unfortunately as mentioned above. Cant help but think if it was a game against a fellow SANFL club there wouldn't have been an issue.

Looking forward to the Legs.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby southee » Sun May 01, 2016 10:03 pm

well, well, well.......still in awe of what I have witnessed today.

We were pretty well gone with 41 points down in the 3rd quarter but I actually thought we were playing some decent footy.
The signs though ahead were looking like a 10 goal thrashing. The South boys just did not give up. Fierce, desperate and determined to the end. This game is up there with one of the most incredible wins I have ever witnessed by the club (since Darren Harris's 1984 goal after the siren over Port).

Hard to pick a best for us as all players did there bit......mentions to Cailetto, Barnes, Eddy and Rose.

I think it was when we were 3 goals down in the last quarter I thought we were on to something here !!! Crows are such a imposing side - physically. Big huge bodies, fit and very slick with skills. Their down fall is they go the absolute $hit when they are challenged with pressure and by a physical contest. They fumbled and absolutely hated the South fury we unleashed on them !!!!! We were brutal with our attack on the footy.

One highlight was after the siren sounded. South supporters high fiving, hugging and being so happy. (never seen Noarlunga so crazy like that) We know there is not many of us but bloody hell we are some of the most passionate supporters out there. I think we were all a bit shell shocked we won !!!

Last word - one of the most disappointing things about the game was when I attempted to go into the South change rooms to sing the club song. I was refused by Welso security (who had his arms held out wide stopping supporters entering) I explained I am just going in the South change rooms. Welso security explained that he has been instructed not to let anyone enter. I explained I go in every week but got told the Crows coaching staff instructed no people to come though at all. What a bloody disgrace......and you have to wonder why we seen 2 rules made. One for AFL sides and the other for the 8 SANFL sides. Absolute joke!!!!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby heater31 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:09 pm

southee wrote:Last word - one of the most disappointing things about the game was when I attempted to go into the South change rooms to sing the club song. I was refused by Welso security (who had his arms held out wide stopping supporters entering) I explained I am just going in the South change rooms. Welso security explained that he has been instructed not to let anyone enter. I explained I go in every week but got told the Crows coaching staff instructed no people to come though at all. What a bloody disgrace......and you have to wonder why we seen 2 rules made. One for AFL sides and the other for the 8 SANFL sides. Absolute joke!!!!

Bunch of ******* sanitised bubble boys :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 01, 2016 10:46 pm

southee wrote:I was refused by Welso security (who had his arms held out wide stopping supporters entering) I explained I am just going in the South change rooms. Welso security explained that he has been instructed not to let anyone enter. I explained I go in every week but got told the Crows coaching staff instructed no people to come though at all. What a bloody disgrace......and you have to wonder why we seen 2 rules made. One for AFL sides and the other for the 8 SANFL sides. Absolute joke!!!!

Since when did the Crows Reserves coaching staff decide who can and can't go into the South rooms and celebrate with their team?
Did the South officials agree to this or did Adelaide Reserves staff just make the decision for them ?? Either way, why would South allow that to happen to their own fans, especially against a team they they voted against joining the league in the first place.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby southee » Sun May 01, 2016 10:51 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
southee wrote:I was refused by Welso security (who had his arms held out wide stopping supporters entering) I explained I am just going in the South change rooms. Welso security explained that he has been instructed not to let anyone enter. I explained I go in every week but got told the Crows coaching staff instructed no people to come though at all. What a bloody disgrace......and you have to wonder why we seen 2 rules made. One for AFL sides and the other for the 8 SANFL sides. Absolute joke!!!!

Since when did the Crows Reserves coaching staff decide who can and can't go into the South rooms and celebrate with their team?
Did the South officials agree to this or did Adelaide Reserves staff just make the decision for them ?? Either way, why would South allow that to happen to their own fans, especially against a team they they voted against joining the league in the first place.

I think it took the South officials by surprise to be honest mate.

It was at the start of the players race. So neither sides supporters could go through. Surely Welso could of stood at the Crows change room door ??
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby matt35 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:59 pm

I guess, to borrow a phrase from our Prime Minister, there's never been a more exciting time to be a South supporter!

Wasn't at this game as I was at Prospect but that is one amazing come back against a Crows side who have been strong in their last quarters. I did feel South may edge them, but certainly not when I heard that the Crows were 7 goals up.

As for the security issues mentioned, not acceptable, and I hope if South were unaware that this would happen they take it up on behalf on their fans, who had every right after a fantastic memorable win to want to celebrate with the players.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 01, 2016 11:07 pm

southee wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

I think it took the South officials by surprise to be honest mate.

It was at the start of the players race. So neither sides supporters could go through. Surely Welso could of stood at the Crows change room door ??

Typical AFL, full of their own self importance
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon May 02, 2016 5:03 am

Maybe it's to avoid historical over the top dumb arse local supporters from making idiots of themselves.
Before you carry on and say I'm a Ravens supporter think again, I've seen some dopey shit at local footy, I'm actually a Panther, and you peanuts actually emphasis the reason for security.
Take the blinkers off.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (15.84 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby southee » Mon May 02, 2016 7:42 am

Computer Crashed wrote:Maybe it's to avoid historical over the top dumb arse local supporters from making idiots of themselves.
Before you carry on and say I'm a Ravens supporter think again, I've seen some dopey shit at local footy, I'm actually a Panther, and you peanuts actually emphasis the reason for security.
Take the blinkers off.

Interesting perspective ......

Considering both change rooms are separated by a country mile, I did not see it being a issue.

Suddenly the Crows come into the comp, it's now an issue.

Anyway that is your precious view ....
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon May 02, 2016 8:51 am

Fantastic effort by the Panthers.

Maybe it's to avoid historical over the top dumb arse local supporters from making idiots of themselves.
Take the blinkers off.

I'm not sure what security issue is raised by a South supporter going into the South changerooms. I've seen dopey shit at the footy too, and at the hands of Weslo. Looks like their long-standing reputation remains intact.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 02, 2016 9:02 am

southee wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:Maybe it's to avoid historical over the top dumb arse local supporters from making idiots of themselves.
Take the blinkers off.

Considering both change rooms are separated by a country mile, I did not see it being a issue....

A Panther would know this.
And a Panther wouldn't have an Eagles badge as their team.
And a true Panther on here eating his own....I don't think so.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon May 02, 2016 10:20 am

The reserves got up as well yesterday beating the Eagles who have not lost in two years.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby scott » Mon May 02, 2016 11:09 am

Good time to be alive. :D

Our under 16s are also undefeated and top of the table with one round to go.
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 02, 2016 11:23 am

scott wrote:Good time to be alive. :D

Our under 16s are also undefeated and top of the table with one round to go.

South have got some very good players in that 16's team.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon May 02, 2016 11:44 am

johntheclaret wrote:
southee wrote:
Take the blinkers off.

Considering both change rooms are separated by a country mile, I did not see it being a issue....

A Panther would know this.
And a Panther wouldn't have an Eagles badge as their team.
And a true Panther on here eating his own....I don't think so.

Support can come in many different ways Sir.
Let's face it , there hasn't been any issues whatsoever with crowds since Port & the Crows came in.
Yeh right.
Maybe they should just let if fester until something drastic happens or have some forsight and nip it in the bud first.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby another grub » Mon May 02, 2016 11:47 am

I can totally understand why the AFL sides would want security given the way opposition supporters give it to them.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 413 times

Postby saintal » Mon May 02, 2016 11:49 am

SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby another grub » Mon May 02, 2016 11:55 am

great vision. thanks saintal
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 413 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 02, 2016 11:57 am

another grub wrote:I can totally understand why the AFL sides would want security given the way opposition supporters give it to them.

Hasn't been a great exercise in public relations for them has it?
Another reason it's a dumb idea to have the AFL scum in the SANFL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL