R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Oval

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

Postby stan » Tue May 03, 2016 11:38 am

Wedgie wrote:If they don't like it then they can leave. Simple.
We might not be able to have a say in delegates votes but we can have influence on how long they will stay in the comp.

Really I dont think it will have a huge effect. They might bitch and moan about it but in the end they'll just have more security things like this at South will happen more and more.

At the end of the day both sides seem happy with the arrangement and while we cam abuse them till we are blue in the face its not likely to achieve much.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Tue May 03, 2016 11:44 am

therisingblues wrote:
another grub wrote:I can totally understand why the AFL sides would want security given the way opposition supporters give it to them.

Maybe that's something to do with wanting to attend and speak at the opposition's presentations, after you have beaten them! (What's that? They don't love the Crows enough to allow them to do that? Doesn't everyone love the Crows?)
Or maybe it's to do with a reserves coach flipping the hat of a supporter of one of the heritage teams, and then crying to the papers because, of course everyone loves the Power! (What? He's not allowed to do that? Hang on, surely the supporters of heritage sides would love the Power more than their own side which they support week in week out?)
Maybe the Crows and Power should take their blinkers off and realise they're amongst a rivalry just as healthy and hence abusive as any AFL game. They've come in with a holier than thou attitude, expecting us to drop everything that's gone on for over a hundred years in order to roll out the red carpet and offer them special treatment. Then they invariably run to the papers when they learn they're to be treated just the same as any other club!
**** OFF! They wouldn't expect special treatment from the opposition in the AFL, why the **** do they think they're entitled to special protection in the SANFL?

No need to let facts get in the way of a good story. :lol: Kane isn't a coach at Port, by the way.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7490 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 03, 2016 11:47 am

Booney wrote:Abusing the players will get them out of the comp? Riiiiiiight.

Won't hurt. The fact they'll see they're alienating a demographic they thought they appealed to previously won't have their marketing guys doing cartwheels.
If they were made to feel welcome and cuddled every week by SANFL supporters there would be no chance in getting rid of the cancer.
The AFL sides should be made to feel as unwelcome as possible, only positives can come out of it.
None of their players or officials should be made to feel welcome in this comp or state.
Win, lose or draw I'm sure they'll cop it this week at Prospect.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby therisingblues » Tue May 03, 2016 11:48 am

He's not? What does he do then, I'll edit the post accordingly.
Abuse? Point is that they experience the same in the AFL. Why's it a special issue in the SANFL?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Tue May 03, 2016 11:53 am

therisingblues wrote:He's not? What does he do then, I'll edit the post accordingly.
Abuse? Point is that they experience the same in the AFL. Why's it a special issue in the SANFL?

Kane Cornes attends Magpie games to support his older brother, round 1 at Norwood being Chads first game as senior coach so good on Kane for being there to support him, he's not involved in any way officially at Alberton. He's helping out at the Bay, I think?

Experience the same "abuse" at the AFL level? Bollocks. The braindead dribbling limpers who have carried on at SANFL games aren't doing the same at AFL games. The most abusive of the SANFL fans, anti-AFL, would be most unlikely to attend AFL games. Wedgie excluded. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Tue May 03, 2016 12:56 pm

I'd say he's not helping out much at the Magpies either carrying on like that! :lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue May 03, 2016 1:19 pm

therisingblues wrote:I'd say he's not helping out much at the Magpies either carrying on like that! :lol:

Depends who he's dealing with I guess. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue May 03, 2016 1:36 pm

Booney wrote: Experience the same "abuse" at the AFL level? Bollocks. The braindead dribbling limpers who have carried on at SANFL games aren't doing the same at AFL games. The most abusive of the SANFL fans, anti-AFL, would be most unlikely to attend AFL games. Wedgie excluded. ;)

I don't think that's the point. The abuse they would receive would be on a par with the stuff that's dished out at any AFL game by opposing supporters or by angry fans whose team are doing bad.
I've heard stuff at AFL games that even makes me cringe.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Scoop » Tue May 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Just a query, but I noticed on the weekend that there was a rope strung along the edge of the centre square during the quarter and three-quarter time breaks - is this a normal occurrence or just for the games that the AFL interlopers are involved in? Don't normally take much notice of what is happening outside of the square but had to step over the rope with my camera equipment this week. I can remember several years ago the SANFL red-coats used to do that but can't say I recall it being done recently.
Insanity Multimedia and Nick Hook Photography
Scoop
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 03, 2016 2:07 pm

Scoop wrote:Just a query, but I noticed on the weekend that there was a rope strung along the edge of the centre square during the quarter and three-quarter time breaks - is this a normal occurrence or just for the games that the AFL interlopers are involved in? Don't normally take much notice of what is happening outside of the square but had to step over the rope with my camera equipment this week. I can remember several years ago the SANFL red-coats used to do that but can't say I recall it being done recently.

The ropes been used for at least ten years mate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby therisingblues » Tue May 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote: Experience the same "abuse" at the AFL level? Bollocks. The braindead dribbling limpers who have carried on at SANFL games aren't doing the same at AFL games. The most abusive of the SANFL fans, anti-AFL, would be most unlikely to attend AFL games. Wedgie excluded. ;)

I don't think that's the point. The abuse they would receive would be on a par with the stuff that's dished out at any AFL game by opposing supporters or by angry fans whose team are doing bad.
I've heard stuff at AFL games that even makes me cringe.

Hmmm, I don't think it'd be the same supporters, Booney, but the same level of abuse.
Of course the people would be different.
Come on Booney! I'm on a mobile phone here, don't expect me to type every detail. You should be able to understand me by now.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Panther Pack » Tue May 03, 2016 5:42 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Scoop wrote:Just a query, but I noticed on the weekend that there was a rope strung along the edge of the centre square during the quarter and three-quarter time breaks - is this a normal occurrence or just for the games that the AFL interlopers are involved in? Don't normally take much notice of what is happening outside of the square but had to step over the rope with my camera equipment this week. I can remember several years ago the SANFL red-coats used to do that but can't say I recall it being done recently.

The rope wasn't at South's first 3 home games but appeared on the weekend........
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby Panther Pack » Tue May 03, 2016 5:44 pm

To be perfectly honest I didn't think the banter & comments on the weekend was any worse than if South was playing the bays, north or any other sanfl club.

The only difference might be that there weren't many crows supporters there to give it back ;)
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby blueandwhite » Tue May 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Panther Pack wrote:To be perfectly honest I didn't think the banter & comments on the weekend was any worse than if South was playing the bays, north or any other sanfl club.

The only difference might be that there weren't many crows supporters there to give it back ;)

yes, every time the crows scored a goal it was a bit like a golf clap wasnt it..? :shock:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby southee » Tue May 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

The rope wasn't at South's first 3 home games but appeared on the weekend........

Correct. Never seen the ropes used this year. Always just stood behind the centre line on the wing near the players in the huddle.

Saw a few South supporters give it to the crows as they left the ground but no different any other side.

They are a protected species. Quite a precious lot.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:

I haven't been out this year. But when I used to go out to every huddle to take pics with a media pass I was always hurdling or doing a limbo with the ropes.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 04, 2016 6:15 am

blueandwhite wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:To be perfectly honest I didn't think the banter & comments on the weekend was any worse than if South was playing the bays, north or any other sanfl club.

yes, every time the crows scored a goal it was a bit like a golf clap wasnt it..? :shock:

That's being unkind to golf fans
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 04, 2016 6:18 am

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I haven't been out this year. But when I used to go out to every huddle to take pics with a media pass I was always hurdling or doing a limbo with the ropes.

You're the only person I know who ca do the hurdle and the limbo at the same time :D ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed May 04, 2016 10:38 pm

johntheclaret wrote:You're the only person I know who ca do the hurdle and the limbo at the same time :D ;)

Hurdles until half time but limbos later in the game as the refreshments kick in...
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL