HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue May 03, 2016 9:37 am

I hear the CFB Investigation's team are heading to clubs for audits for salary cap payments...
A Treasurer from the first club in the Hills to be checked believe they are squeaky clean.
One of their players who headed to AFL Queensland to play this season BUT returned is said to be playing for nothing
Believe it or not. Will be interesting...
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby the old gezza » Tue May 03, 2016 1:05 pm

The CFL have got this salary cap thing all wrong.

All it is doing is encouraging the money men to get more. A Hills club I know rewards the locals by having an incentive based scheme for all players who get in the best players each week..ie $x for each vote in the best player cards. ie you get 10 votes say at $10 per vote you get $100. However the CFl has limited weekly incentives to say $600per week which compltely defeats the purpose. They allow the money men to get most of the $4000 per week ($3000 next yr). Am i on the right track here?
the old gezza
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby footytragic001971 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:39 pm

I am not sure whether what you are saying is true or not, but shouldn't the best players on the ground on any given day get the money???
That seems logical to me.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby knowitall » Tue May 03, 2016 4:31 pm

the old gezza wrote:The CFL have got this salary cap thing all wrong.

All it is doing is encouraging the money men to get more. A Hills club I know rewards the locals by having an incentive based scheme for all players who get in the best players each week..ie $x for each vote in the best player cards. ie you get 10 votes say at $10 per vote you get $100. However the CFl has limited weekly incentives to say $600per week which compltely defeats the purpose. They allow the money men to get most of the $4000 per week ($3000 next yr). Am i on the right track here?
Or the club could show some balls and spread the money evenly. :roll:
knowitall

Been liked: 1 time

Postby footytragic001971 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:59 am

I am not sure there is a football team in the country at any level that spreads there money evenly.
I certainly wouldn't pay Trengove the same as I paid Wingard.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby footytragic001971 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:14 pm

On another note, has anyone heard anything about interleague this year.
Is it going ahead?
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby the old gezza » Wed May 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Yes all go for June long weekend..player invites are out

Hahndorf coach to do Div 1 vs River Murray
Tony Fielke to coach Div 2 vs Mallee

at Karoonda I believe
the old gezza
Mini-League

Postby footytragic001971 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:26 pm

how do those coaches get selected?
anyone seen a list of the squad members?
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby the old gezza » Wed May 04, 2016 4:59 pm

re coaches: Premiership coaches are asked first..Dont belive B James was interested..Fielke deserves another go after last yrs debacle and lack of support.
the old gezza
Mini-League

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:52 am

Interesting round of games.
A couple real key matches that will give a good idea of how the top 5 will shape up.
For what it is worth (which is probably nothing) here are my predictions.

Onkas to get over Mt Lofty, but it will be a tight competitive game I reckon.
Blackwood versus Torrens Valley will be a beauty, both sides going very well. Blackwood just for mine.
Lobethal versus Mt Barker another beauty and will be tight. Lobethal missed Fisher last week and will need him to get over Mt Barker.
Uraidla should be comfortable over Ironbank who are still finding their way with a new group and new coach.
Echunga versus Hahndorf will be closer than the table may suggest, but Hahndorf just.

What does everyone else reckon?
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Fri May 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Another cracker of a round ahead;

Im busy at the minute so will do some quick tips,

Lofty V Onkas- Onkas will have a bit to much class with O'brien and Leonard to dominate which will lead to a 4 goal win.

Blackwood V TV- Cracking game with two quality sides, on the big oval of Blackwood i expect the woods to run over the top off TV and win by 2 goals.

Barker V Lobethal- Unless Lobethal get a few key players back I expect Barker to be a bit to strong and win by 4 goals.

Ironbank V Uraidla- The best defensive side in the comp will be much to strong on the small confines of ironbank oval and should win by 6 goals.

Echunga V Hahndorf- Good luck to echunga as they have the toughest ask in Hills footy. Hahndorf will win comfortably with the return of their skipper and Hourigan to bag another 7. Dorf by 10 goals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri May 06, 2016 3:34 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Another cracker of a round ahead;

Lofty V Onkas- Onkas will have a bit to much class with O'brien and Leonard to dominate which will lead to a 4 goal win.

Blackwood V TV- Cracking game with two quality sides, on the big oval of Blackwood i expect the woods to run over the top off TV and win by 2 goals.

Barker V Lobethal- Unless Lobethal get a few key players back I expect Barker to be a bit to strong and win by 4 goals.

Ironbank V Uraidla- The best defensive side in the comp will be much to strong on the small confines of ironbank oval and should win by 6 goals.

Echunga V Hahndorf- Good luck to echunga as they have the toughest ask in Hills footy. Hahndorf will win comfortably with the return of their skipper and Hourigan to bag another 7. Dorf by 10 goals.

I agree with you on these tips Batmanbegins
Just curious on how you know that the Dorf's skipper is back???? :o Their team isn't posted yet
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri May 06, 2016 3:38 pm

maybe he has a man on the inside!!!!
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby Keefy » Fri May 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Jarrhan Jacky has joined Ironbank

@batmanbegins - is he playing tomorrow?
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby batmanbegins » Sat May 07, 2016 8:59 am

Grumpy Old B wrote:

Just curious on how you know that the Dorf's skipper is back???? :o Their team isn't posted yet

He played b grade last week so assume he would be back this week after having a run around.

Keefy wrote:Jarrhan Jacky has joined Ironbank

Believe so Keefy.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Keefy » Sat May 07, 2016 1:09 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:

He played b grade last week so assume he would be back this week after having a run around.

Keefy wrote:Jarrhan Jacky has joined Ironbank

Believe so Keefy.

Heard this morning when up there for my son's game that Jacky will be playing
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby footytragic001971 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:27 am

So what do we make of the results from the weekend.
A little surprised Lobethal got over Mt Barker.
They are certainly a little hot and cold, but certainly can beat anyone on any given day.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby wazzal77 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:42 pm

I take from it that Lobey, Mt Barker, Blackwood and Torrens Valley all around the mark, so too Uraidla but was surprised the margin wasnt more (maybe bad weather?). The one result that shocked me was the fact that Echunga only managed 1 goal after quarter time against Hahndorf. Wow. I thought it would be closer than that. What does the result say about Hahndorf or Echunga? End of a full round we will know more.

I again got 4/5. Here goes for 5/5:

Mt Barker to def Echunga by 6 goals
Blackwood to def Onkas by 7 goals
Torrens Valley to def Uraidla by 2 goal (at Mt Torrens)
Hanndorf to def Mt Lofty - this might be an embarrasing score line for the devils, lets hope not - I'll say by 8 goals
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Alaska » Tue May 10, 2016 9:25 am

I think you are just starting to see Hahndorf gell could be some big blowouts from now on.
You cannot get 5 if you only tip 4.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby wazzal77 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:44 am

Cheers Alaska!
Lobethal to do over Ironbank by 8 goals.

Some interesting games in coming weeks with the " unbeatable" Hahndorf playing Blackwood, Uraidla and Torrens Valley after this weeks game. These 3 x games will give an indication of either how far above Hahndorf is from every other team, or who are the serious contenders for this year. I think we can safely discount Ironbank, Mt Lofty and Onkas from finals already, and I think Echunga are potentially in this group to, but maybe just a bit too early to tell.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy