Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri May 06, 2016 11:11 am

Bloody parents who don't do the small things to give their kids the best chance of success.

Have a work experience kid in this week, she was late yesterday.
And even later today. I asked why she was late and, "my whole family slept in".
Mum brings her to within a kilometre of work (where mum had a Drs appointment) and leaves daughter to walk the rest of the way.
Yes, these kids need to sort themselves out and develop responsibility, but they don't have a bloody chance if the parents don't give them the tools to gain that skill.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Fri May 06, 2016 11:29 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Bloody parents who don't do the small things to give their kids the best chance of success.

Mum brings her to within a kilometre of work (where mum had a Drs appointment) and leaves daughter to walk the rest of the way.
Yes, these kids need to sort themselves out and develop responsibility, but they don't have a bloody chance if the parents don't give them the tools to gain that skill.

It's far too easy to become a parent.

I'm certainly not one for right-wing ideas, and I don't have kids (as far as I know ;) ), but I've always felt that people who want to bring kids into the world need to justify that they possess the skills to raise a child to adulthood. Most people who become parents can achieve this and understand the responsibility required. Most. The rest are largely responsible for producing society's f**k-ups and those who sadly fall between its cracks.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Spargo » Fri May 06, 2016 11:36 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Mum brings her to within a kilometre of work (where mum had a Drs appointment) and leaves daughter to walk the rest of the way.

Im still trying to get my head around this bit.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Fri May 06, 2016 11:52 am

Magellan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Bloody parents who don't do the small things to give their kids the best chance of success.

I'm certainly not one for right-wing ideas, and I don't have kids (as far as I know ;) ), but I've always felt that people who want to bring kids into the world need to justify that they possess the skills to raise a child to adulthood. Most people who become parents can achieve this and understand the responsibility required. Most. The rest are largely responsible for producing society's f**k-ups and those who sadly fall between its cracks.

Parenting and anti natal classes should be compulsory and linked to family tax benefit payments imo.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri May 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Spargo wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Mum brings her to within a kilometre of work (where mum had a Drs appointment) and leaves daughter to walk the rest of the way.

Im still trying to get my head around this bit.

That really made me angry.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Fri May 06, 2016 1:38 pm

bennymacca wrote:Parenting and anti natal classes should be compulsory and linked to family tax benefit payments imo.

Anti-parenting classes might help discourage some.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri May 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Magellan wrote:

In an ideal world, a penis would come with a simple quadratic equation. The equation would require solution before the penis would function. In other words "Find the root to get a root".

The same process could be used on ballot slips: Solve a simple equation or the vote is informal.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby bennymacca » Fri May 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Lol
bennymacca
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri May 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Magellan wrote:

In an ideal world, a penis would come with a simple quadratic equation. The equation would require solution before the penis would function. In other words "Find the root to get a root".

The same process could be used on ballot slips: Solve a simple equation or the vote is informal.

What is your members shape is exponential (utopian concept I know but one can dream) and a Logarithmic equation is more fitting to describe the flaccidity....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 06, 2016 2:07 pm

Agreed!

I've got a couple of young lads I coached at cricket, now playing footy, and been trying to teach them to be more accountable for themselves and make good decisions as young men - they've gone out and got jobs, and they work hard to make sure they attend trainings and pay their fees - something their dad doesn't... anyway last weekend, the dad cracked the sads because one was playing B grade - and he had money the dad wanted for smokes and pokies, and he lost his crap.

I cant believe any "parent" would leach off their kids like that! Kids are doing what they can to sort themselves out, and here he is dragging them back down.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Magellan » Fri May 06, 2016 2:15 pm

am Bays wrote:What is your members shape is exponential (utopian concept I know but one can dream) and a Logarithmic equation is more fitting to describe the flaccidity....

You can also map it out on the Cartesian plane. To achieve an optimum rootability quotient your X and Y axes ratio would have to at least be 1:1. If Y= less than X and less than zero then you're probably gonna be out of luck. No integral calculus for you.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri May 06, 2016 5:53 pm

Magellan wrote:
am Bays wrote:What is your members shape is exponential (utopian concept I know but one can dream) and a Logarithmic equation is more fitting to describe the flaccidity....

You can also map it out on the Cartesian plane. To achieve an optimum rootability quotient your X and Y axes ratio would have to at least be 1:1. If Y= less than X and less than zero then you're probably gonna be out of luck. No integral calculus for you.

Having a long term partner and children, my love life is best modelled by square roots of negative numbers.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Sat May 07, 2016 12:04 pm

I guess its not only in the maths world that the square root of two can be considered to be irrational.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sat May 07, 2016 5:24 pm

People that can't take or even understand a joke... Seriously grow up!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby tipper » Mon May 09, 2016 10:47 am

election posters being upon power poles/light posts already..... isnt it about time these were banned? what a colossal waste of resources
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Keefy » Mon May 09, 2016 10:54 am

tipper wrote:election posters being upon power poles/light posts already..... isnt it about time these were banned? what a colossal waste of resources

A lot were up on Saturday before the election date had being formally announced
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 09, 2016 11:07 am

why are posters on power poles and light posts only a valid form of advertising during election campaigns? Surely in this digital age they can just spam us on facebook instead?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 am

Keefy wrote:
tipper wrote:election posters being upon power poles/light posts already..... isnt it about time these were banned? what a colossal waste of resources

I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this but I heard that the law states that they actually have to wait 7 days after the announcement before defacing our stobie poles with their posters.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Ash Man » Mon May 09, 2016 11:36 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Keefy wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this but I heard that the law states that they actually have to wait 7 days after the announcement before defacing our stobie poles with their posters.

It is illegal to put up election signs before the election writ has been returned, it is also illegal to put up signs near intersections and traffic lights, also there are rules as to how many on each post, and how high they must be.
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 09, 2016 11:37 am

Heard someone say that they have 24hr to take them down if someone complains, so that's why the were putting them up the night before
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion