Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby maxi » Mon May 09, 2016 3:24 pm

heater31 wrote:
maxi wrote:Fair enough saca has a competition to run but a club asking the father of an 11 year old who knows nothing of this businees to petition his local MP is a bit rich. Id be surprised if too many follow the clubs lead and I doubt local MP could give a care anyway.

I'm hearing plenty of MP's are certainly interested in getting both points of view.
Election looming and theyre worried about grade cricket. Sure
maxi
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby heater31 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:29 pm

maxi wrote:
heater31 wrote:
maxi wrote:Fair enough saca has a competition to run but a club asking the father of an 11 year old who knows nothing of this businees to petition his local MP is a bit rich. Id be surprised if too many follow the clubs lead and I doubt local MP could give a care anyway.

I'm hearing plenty of MP's are certainly interested in getting both points of view.
Election looming and theyre worried about grade cricket. Sure

I didn't state if they have other motives behind their interest in the issue at hand but I'm sure they are....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Aerie » Mon May 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Stumps wrote:Adelaide cc have the city's coat of arms on their crest and have the cities mayor as their patron. They are without doubt the most important club in the comp for this fact alone.
laughable being brought up by people who are seeing the small picture only

Not sure if serious?

Kensington have a tree on their logo and if we didn't have trees, we'd be stuffed. For that fact alone, they are the most important club.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby oyster » Mon May 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Aerie wrote:
Stumps wrote:Adelaide cc have the city's coat of arms on their crest and have the cities mayor as their patron. They are without doubt the most important club in the comp for this fact alone.

Not sure if serious?

Kensington have a tree on their logo and if we didn't have trees, we'd be stuffed. For that fact alone, they are the most important club.

Glenelg and Adelaide and any other club, who sticks their noses into this affair, would want to have their own house in order and ensure they have their under age kids and players locked away forever, as they will be targeted. I'm hearing both WT and the Swampys, are incensed by the actions of these two clubs and their disgusting betrayal. All clubs in grade cricket should now look at these two clubs now in a different way.

If WT and the Swampys aren't scared of taking on the SACA, I am sure as hell they won't back away from two piss ant little clubs who have entered into something that's got nothing to do with them.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby oyster » Tue May 10, 2016 1:59 am

Surely you are having a lend of us champ. Adelaide the most important club in the competition. That's comical
I've played against Adelaide many, many times at both the old home ground of Bailey Reserve and at Glandore and never once looked at their coat of arms and started thinking about how special they were.
You and your fellow Adelaide bum buddies, should stop tampering with yourself
oyster
Rookie

Postby Stumps » Tue May 10, 2016 9:45 am

oyster wrote:

Surely you are having a lend of us champ. Adelaide the most important club in the competition. That's comical
I've played against Adelaide many, many times at both the old home ground of Bailey Reserve and at Glandore and never once looked at their coat of arms and started thinking about how special they were.

"The Adelaide Cricket Club was formed on the 12th of September 1905 for the prime purpose of providing the residents of the City of Adelaide the opportunity to play and enjoy the game of cricket"

reasonably important I would say.
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Stumps » Tue May 10, 2016 9:47 am

Aerie wrote:

Not sure if serious?

is that next to the silver spoon?
ripping gag btw
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 10, 2016 9:49 am

Stumps wrote:"The Adelaide Cricket Club was formed on the 12th of September 1905 for the prime purpose of providing the residents of the City of Adelaide the opportunity to play and enjoy the game of cricket"

Pretty sure that quote could be applied to every club in the country :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lame Choice » Tue May 10, 2016 9:54 am

Stumps wrote:
oyster wrote:

"The Adelaide Cricket Club was formed on the 12th of September 1905 for the prime purpose of providing the residents of the City of Adelaide the opportunity to play and enjoy the game of cricket"

So then there are no kids in the city that want to play cricket? :shock:
Also no reason then to poach any players from other clubs for the past 110 years. ;)

TTG have a cow on their emblem, SD a fish and WT a bird. I guess we've got most of the fauna covered (for those that want to play cricket) :D
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby heater31 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:06 am

Great, Oyster now dishing out the threats :roll:

Pull your head in sunshine before you embarrass you and your club any further.

Your saying it has nothing to do with Glenelg or Adelaide? Well there are members of Port Adelaide and West Torrens spreading miss-information about both clubs. Glenelg Cricket club $3 million in the hole? :roll: That is the Football Club and has nothing to do with the Cricket Club. Your continual slander about how these clubs avoided any scrutinising has forced them to inform their members of their position. All clubs went through the same process it didn't matter if it was Adelaide, Glenelg or bloody Kensington.

People seem to ignore the fact that for the outer western suburbs the demographics are changing and its for the worse for those clubs. West Torrens might be able to survive on their own but what about Port Adelaide? They have about half a dozen schools to draw kids from and even then not all of those have cricket teams. Its not about how many Premierships you have won but where your future lies.
heater31

Postby am Bays » Tue May 10, 2016 10:14 am

How many schools in Uni's current zone??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Lame Choice » Tue May 10, 2016 10:23 am

am Bays wrote:How many schools in Uni's current zone??

Dunno. AHS has 1200 kids. Is that in there? Pultney Grammer?
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby The Hound » Tue May 10, 2016 10:31 am

Lame Choice wrote:
Stumps wrote:
oyster wrote:

So then there are no kids in the city that want to play cricket? :shock:
Also no reason then to poach any players from other clubs for the past 110 years. ;)

TTG have a cow on their emblem, SD a fish and WT a bird. I guess we've got most of the fauna covered (for those that want to play cricket) :D

Dont forget the seahorses and shells on the GDCC logo :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby The Hound » Tue May 10, 2016 10:38 am

October can't come around quick enough with the extra spice Oyster has thrown into the games between the ACC, GDCC vs WT and Swampy's clashes (if either club is still around). Can't wait to unfold the deck chair, open the esky and watch the days play:)
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby mickey » Tue May 10, 2016 10:43 am

heater31 wrote:
People seem to ignore the fact that for the outer western suburbs the demographics are changing and its for the worse for those clubs. West Torrens might be able to survive on their own but what about Port Adelaide? They have about half a dozen schools to draw kids from and even then not all of those have cricket teams. Its not about how many Premierships you have won but where your future lies.

if you actually look at the projections there will be an extra 30,000 people moving into the Port and the Lefevre Peninsula over the next 10+ years. where do these people go to play cricket....
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 10, 2016 10:46 am

mickey wrote:
if you actually look at the projections there will be an extra 30,000 people moving into the Port and the Lefevre Peninsula over the next 10+ years. where do these people go to play cricket....

North Haven :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:50 am

mickey wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Yeah but what are the age brackets???? no good having 20,000 55-65 year olds moving to the area......
heater31

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue May 10, 2016 12:51 pm

heater31 wrote:
mickey wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Yeah but what are the age brackets???? no good having 20,000 55-65 year olds moving to the area......

Better tea spreads?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby oyster » Tue May 10, 2016 1:28 pm

heater31 wrote:Great, Oyster now dishing out the threats :roll:

Pull your head in sunshine before you embarrass you and your club any further.

Your saying it has nothing to do with Glenelg or Adelaide? Well there are members of Port Adelaide and West Torrens spreading miss-information about both clubs. Glenelg Cricket club $3 million in the hole? :roll: That is the Football Club and has nothing to do with the Cricket Club. Your continual slander about how these clubs avoided any scrutinising has forced them to inform their members of their position. All clubs went through the same process it didn't matter if it was Adelaide, Glenelg or bloody Kensington.

Wasn't a threat at all. It was a promise.

I've yet to hear of one mention of Glenelg or Adelaide from either club in despatches, until both clubs decided to act as embarrassingly as they have. Both clubs should be ashamed and disgusted that they have entered into this whole saga, when it has nothing to do with them.
Both WT and the Swampys have long, long, long memories however and that betrayal won't be forgotten.
End of story.
oyster
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 10, 2016 1:31 pm

Geez you dribble some crap oyster
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps