Round 7 already....

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 7 already....

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:55 am

Triple M footy Facebook page yesterday :lol:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (105.08 KiB) Viewed 824 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 09, 2016 10:55 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
LMA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Off to watch the scum today, opting for the full experience, taking the train from the Port, certainly an eye opener, can't wait for the trip back

An eye opener for a Norwood supporter perhaps, but from a Centrals fan a definite step up from the Gawler Central line :)

I come to the conclusion its just the Gawler line but 40 years in the future. I was really surprised at the age demographic of the Power supporter, i thought it was meant to be the crows that had the oldies

Mate, if I'd seen this before I would have loved to have caught up with you. I've got a picture in my head, but I'd like to complete the puzzle.

Same, but unfortunately I didnt have time for the unwashed yesterday ;) I was enjoying the free hospitality in the SACA committee room.
I cant really comment on the game this week, didnt see to much.
The Trengove move seems to be a winner, lucky Ken stumbled upon the solution to all your woes through injury and suspension, genius ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby MW » Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

didn't see a minute of the game, but how is everyone happy with the ruck when they lost the hitouts 24-58? Yes won the clearances but a better ruckman than Martin and a better midfield than Brisbanes I'm not sure you'd get the same result using Trengrove.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Spargo » Mon May 09, 2016 11:11 am

MW wrote:didn't see a minute of the game, but how is everyone happy with the ruck when they lost the hitouts 24-58? Yes won the clearances but a better ruckman than Martin and a better midfield than Brisbanes I'm not sure you'd get the same result using Trengrove.

Rockliff going off injured early wouldv'e affected clearance no's.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5477 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 09, 2016 11:27 am

daysofourlives wrote:
LMA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Off to watch the scum today, opting for the full experience, taking the train from the Port, certainly an eye opener, can't wait for the trip back

An eye opener for a Norwood supporter perhaps, but from a Centrals fan a definite step up from the Gawler Central line :)

I come to the conclusion its just the Gawler line but 40 years in the future. I was really surprised at the age demographic of the Power supporter, i thought it was meant to be the crows that had the oldies

a pensioner and their free public transport shall never be parted
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon May 09, 2016 11:47 am

MW wrote:didn't see a minute of the game, but how is everyone happy with the ruck when they lost the hitouts 24-58? Yes won the clearances but a better ruckman than Martin and a better midfield than Brisbanes I'm not sure you'd get the same result using Trengrove.

Not relevant, really, as it was Brisbane we were playing. Trengove had 25 touches and 13 clearances, he was like a 4th midfielder and he was clearly BOG. 8 centre clearances alone, we've been losing the hitouts badly all year but the difference yesterday was the bloke losing the hitouts offered something, in fact quite a lot, at ground level.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby stan » Mon May 09, 2016 12:10 pm

Hitouts to advantage stat would give a better idea. If your winning that many taps not killing them in the clearances then your taps are not worth shit.

Rockliff going off was a huge issue for Brisbane but they had the services of Beams this week. Still Brisbanes midfield isnt too bad.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 09, 2016 12:19 pm

stan wrote:

Hitouts to advantage stat would give a better idea. If your winning that many taps not killing them in the clearances then your taps are not worth shit.

Rockliff going off was a huge issue for Brisbane but they had the services of Beams this week. Still Brisbanes midfield isnt too bad.

Think commentators said hit outs to advantage was 8 to Martin in the 1st quarter.. during the last it was only 14.

I thought Trengove was brilliant, particularly centre bounces - won his fair share, and if he didn't he was so quick and mobile at ground level, he won his share of ball and ultimately clearances.. his value in the role of ruck was crucial.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 09, 2016 12:24 pm

carey wrote:Ports lack of work rate when Port have the ball. No lead ups at all.

I thought this was an issue during the year - I hated the long kick to the head of Dixon, but watching against closely yesterday, I think perhaps it's part of their forward structure. Might sound crazy, but looking closer, it appears Dixon/Westhoff stay deep, the long kick is intended for the hot spot, they hold back and protect the drop zone, then when the time is right head forward and take the mark - if they miss it then the mids in theory should be streaming through, and on the by delaying their movement forward it avoids a defender sweeping in behind, and keeps that space open.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon May 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Booney wrote:

Not relevant, really, as it was Brisbane we were playing. Trengove had 25 touches and 13 clearances, he was like a 4th midfielder and he was clearly BOG. 8 centre clearances alone, we've been losing the hitouts badly all year but the difference yesterday was the bloke losing the hitouts offered something, in fact quite a lot, at ground level.

You were right. Brions awful away from home. But full credit to the Power winners are grinners.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon May 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Stanley lucky that Sheppard got up. If he stayed down, he gets a week. Which is sad.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:41 pm

Reports on Triple M that Daniel Kerr has been arrested again for breaching Restraining Order. In custody until 24 May
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Reports on Triple M that Daniel Kerr has been arrested again for breaching Restraining Order. In custody until 24 May

Big surprise he's in trouble again... Was cuz with him?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue May 10, 2016 4:59 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:Reports on Triple M that Daniel Kerr has been arrested again for breaching Restraining Order. In custody until 24 May

Ben Cousins in the last year has been seen out and about and word is he's actually going really well in his recovery. He has been back to Richmond FC and a few months ago was helping Chris Mainwaring's son train at the Eagles for a week. Reports West Coast have welcomed him back and if it helps him move forward then that's awesome. Champion footballer
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 10, 2016 5:59 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Ben Cousins in the last year has been seen out and about and word is he's actually going really well in his recovery. He has been back to Richmond FC and a few months ago was helping Chris Mainwaring's son train at the Eagles for a week. Reports West Coast have welcomed him back and if it helps him move forward then that's awesome. Champion footballer

Good footballer but a fu**wit of a bloke!!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue May 10, 2016 6:52 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Hopefully one day Buddy will come clean about his drug addiction and hopefully not hiding behind 'Mental Illness'
Last edited by helicopterking on Tue May 10, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Spargo » Tue May 10, 2016 7:13 pm

:shock:

Spargo
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue May 10, 2016 8:07 pm

Been some big statements made in this thread!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Tue May 10, 2016 9:54 pm

Brodlach wrote:Been some big statements made in this thread!

Correct. Someone said Merrett could play! ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Spargo » Tue May 10, 2016 10:26 pm

carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Been some big statements made in this thread!

Correct. Someone said Merrett could play! ;)

You rootin' his missus too?

Spargo
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL