Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby JK » Wed May 11, 2016 11:02 am

valleys07 wrote:
Zartan wrote:come on Valleys, I need my weekly review fix :lol:

Haha. I'm getting there, mate- spare time is hard to find at present!

Well put down those Hubcaps (they're not yours anyway) and get back to the computer (it's not yours anyway) mate!! ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed May 11, 2016 11:03 am

JK wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
Zartan wrote:come on Valleys, I need my weekly review fix :lol:

Haha. I'm getting there, mate- spare time is hard to find at present!

Well put down those Hubcaps (they're not yours anyway) and get back to the computer (it's not yours anyway) mate!! ;)

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Round 7 Review vs. Brisbane- Hit the Road, Matt…and don’t you come back no more!

Port Adelaide 21.10.136
Brisbane 7.17.59

Goals- Dixon 5, Westhoff, Wingard, Young 3, Ebert, Pittard, Wines, Broadbent, Polec, Neade, Impey 1.

Footy is a fickle game. I don’t think any footy fan needs to be reminded of that, but sometimes out of all the negatives surrounding a club at a particular point in time, some hidden gems can be unearthed when your hand is forced. 3 weeks ago the future, both short and long term, looked bleak for the boys at Alberton. Embarrassed by GWS, we were the laughing stock of the state, we had a medical room resembling your local GP on the Tuesday following a public holiday (let’s be honest that hasn’t changed!), and media scuttlebutt surrounding rifts between players, coaching staff and the board had the club almost in tatters. Fast forward 3 weeks. We haven’t quite regained the trust of many media experts who still predict the top 8 to remain unchanged (just a matter of order), and indeed some supporters have openly admitted to having lost their faith in Hinkley, however, as Michelangelo Rucci described it- Port Adelaide is “grafting” in order to keep its September Dream alive.

I wouldn’t mind knowing the answer to this question: Who in the hell walked through the inner sanctum of Alberton with an umbrella up whilst walking under a ladder, breaking a mirror before killing a black cat in the car park? Luck anyone?

Our already thin ruck stocks in the wake of the CAS verdict have seen us lose Lobbe for 3 months, and to add salt into the wound, Frampton sustained an ankle injury against West Adelaide with a return date TBC. We have Matt White and Jay Schulz out of the side with indefinite return dates, and have had Hamish Hartlett, Robbie Gray, Chad Wingard & Alipate Carlile miss (or still missing) various chunks of the season to date. If someone had told me all of the above would happen and we would be 4-3 after round 7- I would have pocketed that like a thief into the night.

Stats from Sunday’s game:

Won Disposals 415-320
Won Clearances 52-34 (Centre 21-9)
Lost Hitout’s 58-24 (Lost Hitout’s to Advantage 14-6)
Won Inside 50’s 66-51
Won Marks Inside 50 17-5
Won Contested Possession 174-160
Won Tackles 86-75-71 (Lost inside 50 13-17)

Here is a fascinating stat. Since we effectively “lost” Lobbe back to the SANFL and then injury, our hitout’s differential has been -74, yet our clearance differential is +12 and has seen us win both games. In Lobbe’s 5 games we had a hitout’s differential of -45, and clearance differential of -45. Have we found a hidden gem in Jacko to get us by for season 2016 until the return of Ryder in season 2017? Does this spell the end for Matthew Lobbe?

So- what can we take out of this? Is the hitout stat the most irrelivent stat taken? Can this be put down to quality of opposition? Have Port changed their centre bounce and stoppage set-up in anticipation they will lose the tap?

Bass mentioned post the Geelong game that the coaching group had to look at changes to our stoppage set up’s, particularly in the wake of a -27 clearance differential in our losses in Rounds 4&5. In the Richmond game there was a noticeable difference, with our midfielders engaging body contact to either win the contested footy, or tackle to force the stoppage (as highlighted by our huge 99 tackles in that game). Against the Tigers it was evident that we anticipated losing every hit out, and instead relied on Howard, Westhoff and Dixon to negate the opposition hitout to advantage to win the clearance. On Sunday it was a case of extremes. Brisbane dominated the midfield battle in the first quarter, Martin had accrued 8 hitouts to advantage by quarter time, and aside from Jacko’s clearance to set up the opening goal, we didn’t look like winning clean ball from the centre. After quarter time the tide turned. Rockliff was injured, Beams’ influence was negated and we asserted dominance in the centre square and around the ground. Taking nothing away from Jacko as he was outstanding on Sunday essentially acting as the 4th midfielder, but can he maintain that level?

I’m still very concerned about the differential in hitout’s, and believe our game plan will continue to come unstuck against the premium midfields of the competition such as Sydney, Western Bulldogs et al, as we simply won’t be able to structure our counter press efficiently enough to prevent us from leaking big scores. Despite this- I’ll make a call. Lobbe has played his last game in Port Adelaide colours.

Game Wrap:

Most would associate last year’s Round 7 loss to the Lions as the game which sent Port Adelaide’s 2015 campaign into damage control. In fairness the signs were there from as early as Round 2, but this was one where we were expected to make light work of the Lions, and our arrogance was there for the entire football fraternity to see as we appropriately got our pants pulled down. Revenge? Don’t be silly. Giving Brisbane the respect they deserve (and deserved last year) and getting the right result? Absolutely.

With a handy inclusion in Dayne Beams alongside some momentum stemming from the Sydney match, the Lions picked up where they left off in the first quarter. Martin was getting his hands to the footy with 8 hitout’s to advantage, Beams was everywhere with 10 touches and a goal, and Port really struggled to move the footy out of defensive 50 as Brisbane piled on 20 I50’s to our 7.

From there it was a Port Adelaide procession. 4 clearances on the trot to start the 2nd quarter saw the momentum shift and never change. The final 3 quarters saw Port outscore the Lions 18 goals to 3, putting the inexperienced Lions defenders (minus Daniel Merrett) under extreme heat with 59 inside 50’s and a massive 106 more disposals. Jacko was able to mitigate Martin’s advantage in the ruck acting as a 4th midfielder essentially, and Brisbane’s problems in the midfield were compounded with the loss of Rockliff to a hamstring strain. Another fascinating stat from the midfield battle: Port scored 10.3 from stoppage set-up’s. Brisbane? 0.3. Port Adelaide were able to control the game on their terms, and were able to hurt Brisbane on the counter with efficient structure enabling quick rebound and entry into the forward 50, scoring 10.6 from turnovers. Our renowned run and gun game plan was used with great effect in the last 3 quarters, with multiple goals scored with midfielders and forwards streaming towards goal, or walking into an open goal. Work rate was again exceptional, exceeding Brisbane in meters gained by close to 1000m.

It is also nice to see Port Adelaide having scored 100 points or thereabouts for 2 weeks in a row, and restrict our opponent to under 60. Our counter press is beginning (being the operative work) to click.

Player Reviews:

Top 5:

Jackson Trengove- (25D,14HO,13CL,6T,5I50)- You know what you are going to get with Jacko each time he pulls on the jumper- 100%. Since stats were taken, he recorded the equal highest possession count for a Port Adelaide ruckman, and 2nd highest clearance stat for a Port Adelaide ruckman. That is insane in every sense. Not only was he giving us great effort at the centre bounce, his around the ground work is streets ahead of Lobbe, which has me on record stating Lobbe will never again play for Port Adelaide. I was really pleased to hear him two weeks ago come out and say he will be rucking more, and Sunday’s effort gave all Port supporters a bit of hope that we will at least be competitive in our centre square and stoppage set-ups. Best on by some margin.

Oliver Wines- (30D,6CL,6T,1.2)- His best game so far this season, and since the GWS game has been our best performed midfielder. The contested side of Ollie’s game was again on display, +50% contested possession, 5+ tackles and clearances and 15+ pressure acts, however it is his ability to hit the scoreboard that is impressing me. 7.5 already this season, surpassing last years tally and almost past 2013. The premiership sides have midfielders regularly in that 20-30 goal a season range- Ollie’s challenge is to elevate himself to that level.

Travis Boak- (31D,8CL,7T,4I50)- Same as Ollie, the skippers best game of the season to date. Really got reward for effort in the last half when Brisbane dropped the intensity with 20 possessions in the last half, and was great on both the inside and outside accruing 19 uncontested possessions, 8 clearances and 7 tackles. His ball use improved too this week, going at 81%.

Jasper Pittard- (30D,6M,5R50,2I50,1.0)- Another outstanding performance from Jasper, who is having some season. Nearly 500 meters gained to go with his 30 possessions, and even managed to sneak down for a cheeky goal. Is now our most reliable defender with ball in hand, takes clutch marks and is always the player trying to kick-start offensive transition with bravery. AA form.

Darcy Byrne-Jones- (22D,3M,2R50,3I50)- I have Darce in my best simply due to the fact he was super clean on a day where many players were having 2nd bites at both air and ground balls, or were fumbly in close when trying to clear congestion. Darcy made 1 error which resulted in the Schache goal, where this should have been taken over for a rushed behind, but outside of that was absolutely faultless. Has now permanently cemented himself in our back 6, and will prove to be our hidden gem when the season concludes.

The Rest:

Justin Westhoff- (19D,6M,4CL,5I50,3.0)- Had a fantastic 2nd half when he was allowed to do as he pleased, but when the heat was on in the first half he was barely sighted (3 possessions and a goal up to half time). Still- 2 really good performances on the trot for Westy, and 3 goals and 5 assists alongside 20 touches is a good day out in anyone’s language.

Brad Ebert- (19D,4M,9T,1.0)- Brad really hasn’t gotten out of 2nd gear for the season to date, and Sunday was no exception. A consistent effort across 4 quarters saw him accrue 19 touches and a goal. Over the last 2 games he and Charlie seem to be the aerial targets exiting defensive 50, which isn’t a bad thing as Brad is strong overhead. Had another solid night in close with a game high 9 tackles and 19 pressure acts.

Charlie Dixon- (16D,4M(4MI50),5.0)- Kicked his first big bag in Power colours, which can be partly due to the fact that Merrett was a late out. Hopefully this really kick-starts his season. People doubting his value to the side should only look at contested marks, where he sits 4th in the competition- something we haven’t had in our side since the great W.G.Tredrea hung them up. He and Schulz appeared to work well together in R1, combining for 4 goals. The question is- when Schulz is fit, is he an automatic inclusion to support Charlie, or will Ken stick with the one key forward?

Aaron Young- (18D,3T,3.0)- The 4th quarter smother and goal epitomises Aaron Young, the 2nd quarter roving off of Martin’s tap followed by the snap and goal is the evolution of Aaron Young. Is filling the void left by Monfries, and to a lesser extent, Schulz, and I’m stoked that he has been able to cement his spot in the side.

Matthew Broadbent- (19D,3M,7T,3I50,1.1)- Since Brogs has been shifted into midfield rotations (Round 5), I think his output has really lifted. Whilst his individual stats might not show a spike in improvement as far as disposals, score involvements, inside 50’s etc. are concerned, he has hit the scoreboard in each of the past 3 games and seems to be utilising his skills to far better benefit of the team than just high or long clearing kicks from defensive 50. In saying that- he ran at 53% for DE on Sunday, which is poor by his standards.

Hamish Hartlett- (24D,5M,3R50,6T,5I50)- A really consistent 4 quarter performance from Hammer, and unlucky not to crack the Top 5, recording 30% above season average for disposals and meters gained. Impacted the contest in close this week, with 6 tackles and 11 pressure acts. The task is maintaining that now.

Jared Polec- (24D,4M,5T,6I50,1.0)- A really good return since coming back from the SANFL, and the hard running Polec was back (569 meters gained) alongside some good work inside. He is just so dangerous with the football forward of centre, and probably should have kicked at least 2 goals in the last. One player who we simply must have firing on all cylinders weekly, as when the “run and gun” game style comes out, he and Pittard are normally the chief architects in splitting open defensive structures.

Chad Wingard- (16D,3M,2I50,3.2)- Barely got out of 2nd gear for most of the evening and was still highly influential on the contest with 3 goals and 7 involvements. An impact player that doesn’t need many chances to have a say in the outcome of the match.

Jimmy Toumpas- (22D,3R50,5T,6I50)- Decision making was slow on a couple of occasions where the quick release was on, but outside of that I thought he played another solid game as that link up wingman. He takes the foil off of players like Polec, Byrne-Jones and Pittard, as when given latitude in open space he can be damaging.

Brendon Ah Chee- (18D,4M,5T,6I50)- Played predominately in that high half forward role, and had another solid night without being outstanding. Is strong around the footy and took mark of the day for a courageous grab running back with the flight. Down 30% for season average in contested possession, didn’t hit the scoreboard and only recorded the 1 clearance, which for me puts him in the selection firing line should Robbie Gray return against Carlton.

Tom Jonas- (16D,3M,2R50,12 x 1%)- Had another dominant performance, restricting Josh Walker to no influence.

Jake Neade- (13D,4T,4I50,1.0)- The electrifying Jake Neade was back. Spinning on a dime, kicking goals, setting his team mates up, and intensity around the contest to force turnovers. 10-15 touches and some score involvement- more of that please, Jake! Had a 5 minute patch in the 2nd quarter where he made a few crucial errors, namely a mark inside 50 where instead of having a shot, tried to hit up a lead and cost us a scoring opportunity, but outside of that I thought he was very good.

Jarman Impey- (10D,7T,3I50,1.1)- Worked well in tandem with Neade and Wingard, his defensive pressure elite with 7 tackles and 18 pressure acts. Kicked arguably the behind of the season, followed up with hard running, rewarded with a goal moments later. Holds real value if we are able to execute the run and gun, as there is plenty of space for he and Neady to work into.

Jack Hombsch- (10D,4T,12 x 1%)-Demolished Schache, restricting the young gun to one possession after quarter time. In fairness didn’t have great impact after half time, as the supply just wasn’t there.

Cam O’Shea- (9D,3M,9x 1%,2R50,2I50)- Still worries me with ball in hand, but very good defensively with 10 pressure acts and 9 x 1% acts. We have found the right balance back there at present with Hombsch on the number 1 forward, Jonas able to match up on key forward 2, and O’Shea and Stewart able to rotate on smalls and talls, picking the right moments to zone off and double team. Will be hard to shift from the side if he keeps this form up due to his versatility.

Nathan Krakouer- (12D,3R50,5x 1%)- Didn’t really notice him out there to be honest- and looking at the numbers he was down on meters gained in comparison with other defenders, which tells me he was more a lock down defender instead of a rebounding defender (don’t ask me who he was matched up on- perhaps Christensen/Zorko when shifted forward). Did what he had to do.

Paul Stewart- (12D,4M,3 x 1%)- I thought Stewy was really serviceable, and has been since he has been shifted down back. Gets himself into good spots to intercept, and has always been super courageous and tough when defending. I was heavily sceptical of his inclusion back into the side, and he has proven me wrong thus far.

Onto next week..

Round 8 sees us headed to Etihad to take on the Blues, who have their tails up in pursuit of 4 wins on the trot (who would have thought that at the beginning of the season? I had the blues pencilled in for 3 wins tops). Their 2 games at Etihad this season have seen them lose to Sydney by 10 goals, and the Dogs by 8 goals. Carlton have lost their last 5 games at Etihad, and Port comfortably accounted for them in their last meeting at the venue, winning by 33 points in Round 1 of 2014. Port Adelaide have won 3 of their last 5 at the venue, their most recent venture to the venue saw a 21 point win over Hawthorn.

Kade Simpson and Bryce Gibbs are in terrific form for the bluebaggers, averaging 27 and 26 disposals per game this season. Gibbs was arguably the catalyst for last weekends win over Collingwood, kicking three 3rd quarter goals alongside his 30 touches to spark an upset win. Patrick Cripps will be one Port Adelaide midfielders will have to keep an eye on, the young gun currently 3rd in the competition for clearances, and Levi Casboult who leads the league in contested marks this season, got some confidence against the Pies, also bagging 3 goals.

Same as last week, Port no doubt would be looking to atone for last year’s aberration, and look likely to regain the services of Robbie Gray returning from his hamstring injury. I wouldn’t foresee any other changes to Port’s side, with Carlisle probably another week away from his return from a wrist injury, and Howard will stay stuck on 2 games with the performance of Trengove likely to see Hinkley stick with this formation for at least another week. Brendon Ah Chee I feel will be the unlucky omission from the side, making way for Robbie Gray if declared fit.

A Port Adelaide win this weekend will give us 3 on the trot, and if the Cats and Dogs get the job done against Adelaide and Melbourne respectively, it could see Port Adelaide return to the 8 for the first time since round 1. Time will tell. It was refreshing to see us really put a side to the sword last weekend, it doesn’t happen all that often! But all of the good work that we have put together to salvage the season will be lost should we go down this weekend.

The group lead by its leaders over the past 2 weeks have shown they do have a bit of ticker. Momentum is a big thing in this game, and there is no doubt the Blues are riding the wave at this point. Just another 8 point game it seems…

See you at the footy. Carn Ports.

Valleys.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby cracka » Wed May 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Brilliant as usual. Really wish the Advertiser would pay you to do all games.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Bloody love your write ups!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Wed May 11, 2016 7:16 pm

You're not related to Toumpas by any chance? I can't see any positives there at all, he's a poor man's Richard Tambling I MHO.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:You're not related to Toumpas by any chance? I can't see any positives there at all, he's a poor man's Richard Tambling I MHO.

Tambling didn't get much of the ball but when he did he used it well.
Toumpas has no effin idea when he gets it then his disposal is even worse.
Toumpas=Kane Mitchell.
Both shithouse!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:You're not related to Toumpas by any chance? I can't see any positives there at all, he's a poor man's Richard Tambling I MHO.

No I am not even remotely related to him.

I call the performances of players as I see them, and in my opinion he is doing his job for the side as a link up wingman. He is winning his fair share of the footy, applies good defensive pressure, and certainly works hard to create space and provide an option for his team mates. Yeah he burns the footy, and his decision making probably isn't where it should be, but both of these can be improved with time and experience.

Do I think he would be in our best 22 if we had a healthy list? Probably not. Do I think he is playing his role, and his output is worth what we gave up for him? Yes.

Key stats for players of his calibre include the following, and he has improved his output in almost all of them:

Average metres gained: 281 (up 120 from previous best of 160)
Average disposals: 18.7 (up 3.7 from his previous best of 15)
Average contested possessions: 7.2 (up 3.3 per game from previous best of 3.9)
Average rebound 50s: 2.2 (up .9 from previous best of 1.3)
Average inside 50s: 3.7 (up 2.7 from previous best of 1.5 from 2014)
Average intercept possessions: 4.5 (up 3 from previous best of 1.5)
Average tackles: 4.0 (up .9 from previous best)

Average disposal efficiency 72.3 (down 3.2% from previous best of 75 in 4 games in 2014)
Average score involvements 3.7 (= with previous best)

I think there is a player worth persisting with.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Interesting to see the Premiership Quadrant as it stands:

245142_23e0902a2a5bb83f5a85c28a99d9ef8a.png
245142_23e0902a2a5bb83f5a85c28a99d9ef8a.png (127.17 KiB) Viewed 599 times

valleys07
Coach

Postby carey » Wed May 11, 2016 10:49 pm

valleys07 wrote:

No I am not even remotely related to him.

I call the performances of players as I see them, and in my opinion he is doing his job for the side as a link up wingman. He is winning his fair share of the footy, applies good defensive pressure, and certainly works hard to create space and provide an option for his team mates. Yeah he burns the footy, and his decision making probably isn't where it should be, but both of these can be improved with time and experience.

Do I think he would be in our best 22 if we had a healthy list? Probably not. Do I think he is playing his role, and his output is worth what we gave up for him? Yes.

Key stats for players of his calibre include the following, and he has improved his output in almost all of them:

Average metres gained: 281 (up 120 from previous best of 160)
Average disposals: 18.7 (up 3.7 from his previous best of 15)
Average contested possessions: 7.2 (up 3.3 per game from previous best of 3.9)
Average rebound 50s: 2.2 (up .9 from previous best of 1.3)
Average inside 50s: 3.7 (up 2.7 from previous best of 1.5 from 2014)
Average intercept possessions: 4.5 (up 3 from previous best of 1.5)
Average tackles: 4.0 (up .9 from previous best)

Average disposal efficiency 72.3 (down 3.2% from previous best of 75 in 4 games in 2014)
Average score involvements 3.7 (= with previous best)

I think there is a player worth persisting with.

God I wish there was a dislike button!

I'd push the frigging thing a million times!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 12, 2016 10:01 am

valleys07 wrote:Interesting to see the Premiership Quadrant as it stands:

Prob a stupid question.. but what's the trend line represent?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 12, 2016 11:34 am

Zartan wrote:

was about to ask the same thing, as it is valleys-added
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby valleys07 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Zartan wrote:

Yeah I wondered that also. It hasn't been added by me- I took the graph in its current format from a post on Big Footy, thinking people might be interested to see where their teams sit at this point :)

Edit: I just went back and had a look at the original post. It seems the author has input the trend line to represent the best and worst of Port Adelaide.

In our wins, we have averaged 118.75 points for, 67.5 points against. Premiership standard

In our losses, we have averaged 70 points for, 134 points against. Not even on the map.

valleys07
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 12, 2016 1:20 pm

Can't quite work out what the trend line means
bennymacca
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:21 pm

bennymacca wrote:Can't quite work out what the trend line means

See above Benny, I went back and had a look at the original post :)

valleys07
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Almost everyone would be "premiership standard" in their wins.

Pretty heavily biased sample of data. And a relatively small set too ;)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 12, 2016 1:24 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Yeah I wondered that also. It hasn't been added by me- I took the graph in its current format from a post on Big Footy, thinking people might be interested to see where their teams sit at this point :)

At a guess the trend line is some kind of mean average? (There's a name for it but can't remember it). I only vaguely remember a few things about point/line graphs.

Edit- just seen your post Valleys. It is the best and worst of Port.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Thu May 12, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby valleys07 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:29 pm

bennymacca wrote:Almost everyone would be "premiership standard" in their wins.

Pretty heavily biased sample of data. And a relatively small set too ;)

Probably not aimed at proving we are premiership standard, more so highlighting the gulf between our best and worst.

valleys07
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Yeah fair

I enjoy looking at that plot and how it changes weekly. But the one thing I always think about is who are the premiership teams that won a flag whilst not being "of standard"

I assume Sydney's attack may not have been. I wonder who's defence leaked more than 86 points and yet they still won?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Yeah fair

I enjoy looking at that plot and how it changes weekly. But the one thing I always think about is who are the premiership teams that won a flag whilst not being "of standard"

I assume Sydney's attack may not have been. I wonder who's defence leaked more than 86 points and yet they still won?
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL