RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Either way over 20000 more than port got last week

[emoji1]
Friday night, playing a top side in perfect weather
V
Mother's Day Sunday, playing a crap side pissing down with rain

At 4.10 on a Sunday evening.

Aren't they the same excuses we got at footy park ???

Not an excuse, fact.
If that game was at Footy Park they would of struggled to get 20,000 there
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Crows 2016

Postby Booney » Sun May 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Little guy only comes on here to comment about Port crowds. Sad. Funny but sad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun May 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Jim05 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[emoji1]
V

Not an excuse, fact.

sounded like an old piss poor excuse to me.

20000 u say is that a fact or something you've made up :-)

Either way not good signs with winter around the corner wouldn't you say Jim.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun May 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Jim05 wrote:

[emoji1]
V

I went to the Port game last week. Not at one stage did it piss down with rain. It drizzled a little during the first quarter.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:16 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

[emoji1]
V

I went to the Port game last week. Not at one stage did it piss down with rain. It drizzled a little during the first quarter.

Poured in the morning and during the day which does keep numbers down. The weather reports were predicting more rain aswell, I have no doubt plenty would of had that on their mind and decided to stay home
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:19 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
RB wrote:[quote="Jim05"]
[emoji1]
V

Not an excuse, fact.

sounded like an old piss poor excuse to me.

20000 u say is that a fact or something you've made up :-)

Either way not good signs with winter around the corner wouldn't you say Jim.[/quote]
I don't normally stick up for Port but reckon a similar timeslot for Port on Mother's Day did attract under 20k at FP.
Crowds in Melbourne have proven that 4:10 on Sunday's don't work let alone Mothers Day
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun May 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

[emoji1]
V

Poured in the morning and during the day which does keep numbers down. The weather reports were predicting more rain aswell, I have no doubt plenty would of had that on their mind and decided to stay home

If they looked at radar they would have seen it was moving around Adelaide and not going through. Piss poor excuse. Crows would have attracted 48k still
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:27 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="UK Fan"]Either way over 20000 more than port got last week

[emoji1]
V

If they looked at radar they would have seen it was moving around Adelaide and not going through. Piss poor excuse. Crows would have attracted 48k still[/quote]
Crows only got 47k to Freo on a Saturday. Reckon they would of got low 40's to Brisbane at 4:10 on Mothers Day.
Sunday 4:10 is the worst timeslot in the comp but I'd still think last weeks crowd was about 7-8k short of what Port would of been expecting. Starting to see some poor crowds all around the comp ATM
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun May 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
If they looked at radar they would have seen it was moving around Adelaide and not going through. Piss poor excuse. Crows would have attracted 48k still

Crows only got 47k to Freo on a Saturday. Reckon they would of got low 40's to Brisbane at 4:10 on Mothers Day.
Sunday 4:10 is the worst timeslot in the comp but I'd still think last weeks crowd was about 7-8k short of what Port would of been expecting. Starting to see some poor crowds all around the comp ATM

Imo Saturday is a worse time slot. So many people tied up around the state with sport. I feel 47k was a good result for a Saturday arvo match. Speaking of crap remember we played the bottom side :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby MW » Sun May 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Who gives a shit what Port get to a game ffs people.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Bum Crack » Sun May 15, 2016 4:28 pm

Booney wrote:Little guy only comes on here to comment about Port crowds. Sad. Funny but sad.

Lol. Can't believe there's arguments about crowds. Classic.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby cracka » Sun May 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:Little guy only comes on here to comment about Port crowds. Sad. Funny but sad.

Lol. Can't believe there's arguments about crowds. Classic.

It only takes 1 troll to start them :roll:
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Ruben Carter » Sun May 15, 2016 6:43 pm

Don't you just love UK fan. Always trying to find a way to discredit Port and our supporters never has a nice word about any other club. Must have been neglected as a child, poor love. Keep posting on here by all means, but nobody values any of your opinions - they are irrelevant, ill-informed and bitter and say a lot more about you than Port. But once a troll.... :oops:
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 15, 2016 10:28 pm

can you guys piss off to some other thread. this thread is for complaining about umpires
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby hawks21 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:26 am

TEX07 wrote:Last nights game went as expected IMO. I find it funny how so many Crows supporters start to turn on the team after the last few weeks. Two months back before the season started if you said we would be 4-4 I would have taken it. I honestly thought we could have been 7 or even 8 losses based on a pretty tough early draw. Losses to North, Geelong, Bulldogs and Hawthorn is nothing to lose that much sleep over. The form of Freo and Richmond had surprised me and I think we got to play Port at the right time. Really played out of our skins (and need to) to beat the Swans here.

A heap of improvement is needed but still a pretty young side trying to cover the loss of probably the comps best player. I think people were seduced by early form and started talking top 4 way too prematurely! the better sides have worked out how to beat our game plan so we need to adapt now. Walker has been down but no coach in the AFL would drop him from that side on current form, tend to agree with Wayne Carey a bit on Jenkins - he will never demand an oppositions best 1 or even 2 defenders especially while Walker is in that side. The Cats didnt seem to have 1 or 2 best defenders, they are pretty much covered across the whole back 6. Our back 6 have been OK but really miss Laird this last two weeks and have to say I struggle to see how Cheney is currently in our best 22, maybe only saved by Laird being out at the minute. Scoreboard flattered us really last night, Cats should have put us away early. If we start losing the real winnable games like GC, Ess, Bris Id be concerned. Earlier in the year would have inked in wins against the Saints, Melb and Carlton but they are no longer a given either. Would need to target a key mid in next years trade to assist Sloane once Thompson pulls the pin - B Crouch has potential to be special but needs a heap of time to find his feet, his brother while he is OK sometimes I think we got him to keep Brad here.

BTW - I really hate us playing Friday night footy! Cant remember the last one we won and leaves me depressed all weekend!

Hard not to agree with all that Tex!

Was hard not to get excited (and still get excited) over the first few games with the way we were playing and the brand of football we were delivering. We have seen that still over the last couple of weeks in patches but not consistently for 4 quarters which is required against the top 4 sides.

While disappointing Friday night, still plenty of positives and improvement which is exciting. Geelong were really quite impressive and can finish top 4 if they stay healthy.

Sloane was unreal Friday night, I thought Cameron had another great game along with the backline who were under the pump the whole game!

We need to find that right midfield mix, currently isn’t working. The more footy Brad Crouch can play the better he and the midfield will get but blokes like Lyons and Ellis-Yoleman must be a chance to get a game and see what they can offer.

Rory Laird back this week which helps, has become a really important player, wouldn’t surprise me to see him come back in for Richard Douglas who has struggled to catch the ball the last 2-3 weeks!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 16, 2016 10:37 am

Lairdy wont be back this week unfortunately
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 16, 2016 10:38 am

Agree regarding crouch. At top form he is the one to take pressure off of Sloane but it will take a fair bit of time.

I'm loving our competitiveness and the fact that we have been in games we probably shouldn't have been in the past 2 weeks.

Time to make a statement against Gold Coast this week.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Mon May 16, 2016 10:42 am

IMO the only reason we are "competitive" is the conversion from I50's which is masking a big issue in the midfield and defence.
Geelong scoreline flattered us, we should have been down 40pts at half time.
MW
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 16, 2016 10:44 am

MW wrote:IMO the only reason we are "competitive" is the conversion from I50's which is masking a big issue in the midfield and defence.
Geelong scoreline flattered us, we should have been down 40pts at half time.

Yeah agree with that. Particularly midfield, I think our defence has been ok, though laird and to a lesser extent Mackay has hurt our ball movement significantly in the last 2 weeks.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Mon May 16, 2016 10:46 am

We need improvements from our lockdown small defenders. The likes of Rioli, Motlop, Puopolo, etc have exposed this weakness.
We have the high possession winning backmen (well not of late though) but not sure they are defensive enough when the ball hits the ground.
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL