Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Mister Footy » Thu May 12, 2016 11:35 am

CF Reynella, Flaggies, Valleys and Brighton could all have a cap on their minis and it wouldnt make a scrap of difference to your club mate and if you think any different you are in denial :shock:

Sick of clubs blaming others for their problems when they could have double the points and salary cap and still not attract players in juniors or seniors.

If Lonsdale were serious about becoming a stronger club they would have gone ahead with the rumoured merge with Cove or Hackam last year but instead you hear them carry on about how they have already merged and why should they have to do it twice?

If the SFL had any balls they would force the issue but they are part of the problem Too many maroon coats wearing their Lonsdale heart on their sleeve ](*,)
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Luke15 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:51 am

Mister Footy wrote:CF Reynella, Flaggies, Valleys and Brighton could all have a cap on their minis and it wouldnt make a scrap of difference to your club mate and if you think any different you are in denial :shock:

Sick of clubs blaming others for their problems when they could have double the points and salary cap and still not attract players in juniors or seniors.

If Lonsdale were serious about becoming a stronger club they would have gone ahead with the rumoured merge with Cove or Hackam last year but instead you hear them carry on about how they have already merged and why should they have to do it twice?

If the SFL had any balls they would force the issue but they are part of the problem Too many maroon coats wearing their Lonsdale heart on their sleeve ](*,)

Mister Footy this is possibly the best post i have read on this site when so much crap is always talked. These people from Lonsdale are delusional if they think capping players is the answer but it doesnt surprise me because that is what society is like nowadays. Instead.of working hard yourself it is much easier to try and shoot down or bludge off of people that have worked to.get into the position their in.

It is a real concern when young kids would rather occasionally miss a game through.rotation policy and extra numbers than go to.one of these clubs and get a game every week. People stop complaining. Sort your culture out make it an Place people.wanna come too and fix your own.problems instead of waiting for someone to fix it for you.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby oneuponedown » Thu May 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Animus wrote:A while back there was a study that showed only about 8% of juniors go on to play senior football

Would be interesting to know % for 15-18 year olds, as IMO the drop off increases - (especially in the SFL) at this demographic.
Obviously the SANFL clubs skim the talent in this bracket , but plenty of kids drift off.

I see lots of clubs with huge sub junior numbers go from a healthy no for 2 teams in 14's.... to a real struggle for 2 in 16's.... then tight numbers for 1 team in 18's......
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Courtney Fish » Thu May 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Mister Footy wrote:CF Reynella, Flaggies, Valleys and Brighton could all have a cap on their minis and it wouldnt make a scrap of difference to your club mate and if you think any different you are in denial :shock:

Gone ahead with rumours? Most rumours are just that.
I'm not blaming any club, I would love for all clubs to have 300 juniors . I answered a question can anyone challenge the top 4 clubs. I answered no. Just my opinion.
Inline with some opinions on here maybe the AFL could get rid of the salary cap and the draft and let clubs finances and culture decide the flag.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby shoe boy » Fri May 13, 2016 8:50 am

Friday night footy @ Porties.

I hope the weather is ok and the hospitality with that shed that appears to be designated to Port Noarlunga ONLY .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby godra » Fri May 13, 2016 8:55 am

Weekends tips

Brighton to beat Porties by 30 points
Noalunga over Aldinga by 67 points
Happy Valley over Cove by 5 points - I feel this could go either way
Flaggies over Christies by 24 points
Morphies over OSBL by 114 points
Morphie Parks over Marion by 49 points in the Twistie Cup
Reynella over Hackham by 105 points

Enjoy the sunny weather this weekend and hope the Friday night game gets a good crowd!
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Animus » Fri May 13, 2016 5:21 pm

Brighton to beat Porties - just
Noarlunga over Aldinga - hopefully Aldinga can be competitive
Happy Valley and Cove - Draw
Flaggies over Christies - hard to get a read on Christies
Morphies over OSBL - comfortably
Morphie Parks over Marion - Cheese Twisties beats Chicken Twisties
Reynella over Hackham by as many as they want
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Luke15 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Anyone got a score update on Vrighto Brighton vs Porties
Luke15
Rookie

Postby Down the Hill » Fri May 13, 2016 11:43 pm

Final Score at Porties: Brighton Bombers 11-11 d Pt Noarlunga 7-8.

Bombers down by 9 points at qtr time but not headed after taking the lead midway through the second quarter. Very still night and a bit of dew but a decent game of footy.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby King » Sun May 15, 2016 10:41 am

No comments on yesterday's round of games?? I suppose most games went as expected. One that surprised me was HV and Cove. I thought Cove might have the edge (I've seen them but not HV), therefore I was surprised at the big HV winning margin of 75 points.

Anyone who saw the game care to provide a commentary?
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby spot on » Sun May 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Morphett Vale kicked 16 goals in the second quarter, must be close to a record.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Kick&ACatch » Sun May 15, 2016 1:23 pm

King wrote:No comments on yesterday's round of games?? I suppose most games went as expected. One that surprised me was HV and Cove. I thought Cove might have the edge (I've seen them but not HV), therefore I was surprised at the big HV winning margin of 75 points.

Cove were second to the ball all game.... had a few good passages of play but the rest of the game they were very sloppy.... They had so many in's and outs in both the ones and the twos most weeks so the lineup is never that settled
Kick&ACatch
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Kudos to the Christies Beach FC for their strong support of our Gold round game yesterday, an important day for our club.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 16, 2016 9:00 am

King wrote:No comments on yesterday's round of games?? I suppose most games went as expected. One that surprised me was HV and Cove. I thought Cove might have the edge (I've seen them but not HV), therefore I was surprised at the big HV winning margin of 75 points.

I didn't see the game but we played Cove round 4 and they looked good and had a crack . That said I was surprised with the result last week v Lonsdale and then v Valley ,so I looked at who did and didn't play against the Shoe , Against Valley on the w/end they played 15 of the 21 that played us and against Lonsdale 16 of the 21 .

I don't know if that means anything at all because we could of been crap ;)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am

It's pretty hard to read the form of a few clubs this season. The average age of many A grade teams seems to be at its lowest for years so this could be attributing to some of the inconsistency of performance. Maybe the "incident" has also affected one of those clubs.

Flaggies looking very formidable. Since July 2014 have won 27 out of 29 minor round games!!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby godra » Mon May 16, 2016 10:37 am

Down the Hill wrote:It's pretty hard to read the form of a few clubs this season. The average age of many A grade teams seems to be at its lowest for years so this could be attributing to some of the inconsistency of performance. Maybe the "incident" has also affected one of those clubs.

Flaggies looking very formidable. Since July 2014 have won 27 out of 29 minor round games!!!

"Incident"? Any details about this incident and who was involved? 8)
godra

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 16, 2016 11:13 am

Down the Hill wrote:Cove may be glad losing today. Apparently last weeks celebrations after their first win of the season became quite wild. :shock:

Note my comment of a couple of weeks ago. You will have to ask someone from Cove to elaborate, although I think there has been a media ban put in place down at Oval Road.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby godra » Mon May 16, 2016 11:17 am

Down the Hill wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Cove may be glad losing today. Apparently last weeks celebrations after their first win of the season became quite wild. :shock:

Note my comment of a couple of weeks ago. You will have to ask someone from Cove to elaborate, although I think there has been a media ban put in place down at Oval Road.

Duly noted.
godra

Postby Luke15 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Im hearing Association invites going out this week. Does anyone know anymore. Who has been invited etc
Luke15
Rookie

Postby reppoh_eht » Mon May 16, 2016 1:11 pm

Luke15 wrote:Im hearing Association invites going out this week. Does anyone know anymore. Who has been invited etc

Initial squad of approx 70 for the Seniors. Flaggies have 7. Apparently the final team still has to have a set number of under 21's which makes a mess of the whole process IMO.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL